Wait For Me

Missing You {Sequel to Blues}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter






The sun was rising when Jiyong first opened his eyes. He scratched his face and fixed his messy hair.     

Sleeping on the couch was probably not a good idea and Jiyong felt it in his own body. "I should've gone to bed..." he thought to himself while stretching his body. Every inch of his poor self was in pain. Maybe it was not only the couch's fault.     

Jiyong sat on the couch and looked around - no sign of her. He lowered his head, trying to think better what to do. "I should probably go to YG. She must be there and...", his thoughts got interrupted by his cell phone's sudden ring.       

With one of his hands, Jiyong fished his cell phone off his front pocket. It was a message from Youngbae. "Chaerin is heading to the airport. She's going to take a flight to Los Angeles and she'll be spending some days there. Hurry up."

After reading the message Jiyong jumped out from the sofa, grabbed his car's keys and stormed out from the apartment not even worrying if the door behind him was left open or not.       

Waiting for the elevator would waste much time and this was something Jiyong could not afford. Running through the stairs, Jiyong reached the hall of the building, breathless. He stopped to inhale some air before he continued his run towards the garage, where his car was, after all, going from the 7th floor to the button floor was not something one could do easily.        

Jiyong opened the car's door and got in, put the key on and started the engine on. Holding tight on the steering wheel, Jiyong stepped on the acceleration pedal. "When I get there, I'll stop her. Once I say we need to solve things a-and work things out, I know she'll listen to me. We'll go home and resolve everything. Otherwise...it might be late for us..." he thought to himself holding the steering wheel tighter.   

 

 

 ***

 

Lifeless.  

This was how she felt ever since...it happened.
She would just sit at a corner and watch everyone around her as if she wasn't part of the reality.  

"You should call him." a familiar voice said. Chaerin turned to see the source of the voice and was met with Dara's worried eyes, piercing her face. "I don't have courage to do such a thing..." Chaerin said with a heavy sigh. She looked down to face the floor. “Shame on you. Acting as a desperate little girl Lee Chaerin. That's why he left you. YOU pushed him away with your childness. YOU suffocated him.”. Chaerin shook her head to brush the bad thoughts away.

"You're not well Chae. It's been two days that you just...breathe." Dara continued, crossing her arms in front of her. "I'm ok unnie, seriously." Chaerin gave a pressed smile. It came out a bit crooked, a bit sad but she couldn't do better than that.

Dara let out a long sight and nodded to Chaerin, "Okay. Do as you wish." and walked away. Chaerin did nothing but remain in silence after she was gone.

The practice room was filled with YG's dancers and some members of Big Bang showed up to say 'hi' - but not him.

"You look kind of sad noona." A male voice said next to Chaerin. She looked up to see Lee Seungri standing beside her with a smile. Truth be said, they two never really got along, Seungri lived to make Chaerin's life impossible but, for the sake of her relationship with Jiyong, she tried hard to tolerate him.

"Uhn...yeah. I'm looking at your face, I should really be sad." Chaerin said and peeled her eyes from Seungri. She did not dislike him - he annoyed her, just it. "Whoaa noona! I'm such a handsome guy, how come you are sad for seeing me?" Seungri replied with a smirk.

"Handsome? Don't make me laugh Seungri, I'm not in the mood for it." Chaerin said raising her brows. Seungri clicked his tongue and sat beside her - Chaerin observed as the boy sat, crossing his legs, beside her.

"You know noona, I really like you." Seungri said calmly without looking at her, giving a heavy sigh. Chaerin's eyes widened and she looked to the boy sitting beside her. Seungri kept starring to the big mirror in front of them without saying any further words.

Awkwardness filled the little space between them and Chaerin did nothing but to stare at him. After some minutes quiet Seungri decided to add more information to his previous statement, "That's why I don't like seeing you sad. I know you dislike me a little bit, but that's just because I annoy you, isn't it? Well, I hope it is. I don't want you to hate me...but I can't show you what I truly feel, hum?" Seungri let the words rolled out from his mouth. He then turned his head to look at Chaerin who was with her eyes almost popping out of her head from the shock. Seungri gave her a sad smile while looking at her. "I didn't expect less than this."

With the help of his arms, Seungri pulled himself up so he could stand tall beside Chaerin. As he was getting up, Chaerin only stared at him blankly. No words would come out of or pass through her mind. "D-did he...confess?" Chaerin thought in pure confussion.

"Now I gotta go noona. Hope you get well." Seungri said with a crooked smile. He then headed to the outside of the room, but halted his steps. He turned and looked at Chaerin who was still sitting blankly on the floor. "Have a nice flight noona. Hope you and hyung have fun in LA", he turned his back to Chaerin and continued his walk.

“What was all this about?” Chaerin mumbled with her eyes widened. She looked to her reflection in the mirror - parted open. She then looked to the door Seungri had just passed. “Crazy…totally crazy” she mumbled with a shocked expression.

 

 

***

 

Chaerin was sitting at a table in YG’s cafeteria alone rewinding the scene in her mind.

"You know noona, I really like you…”
 “…but I can't show you what I truly feel, hum?”

Chaerin ruffled her hair in frustration. “Lee Chaerin! Why are you still thinking about it? It’s Seungri! Seungri! Jiyong’s favorite dongsaeng! The little brother you like to fight with!” she started talking all by herself.

“Whose favorite dongsaeng?” a male voice that Chaerin knew well said behind her. She turned her head to see him, Youngbae. “Oppa!” she said surprised. “Hello.” He replied waving his hand. “Uhn…please, sit.” She said offering him a smile. Youngbae pulled the chair in front of her and sat, calmly starring at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter