Unwilling Babysitters

Midnight Madness

•|Day 2

"Here." Kyungsoo casually walked into the room and threw something at Kris, in which the latter instantly scrambled clumsily to catch it. He looked down to his palm after he caught it, brows knitted together in confusion.

"What is this?"

"Your dog's teeth." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "It's the medicine for those birdbrains, idiot."

Kris formed an 'O' with his lips, but made no sign to move. Furrowing his brows from where he was sitting next to the latter, Yixing instantly jabbed him from the side using his elbow. 

"Ouch! What's that for?" Kris shrieked as he rubbed the sore spot.

"You're supposed to give that to them." He pointed out while gesturing to the two figures on the bed. Both of the figures were wrapped tightly in a thick blanket, merely allowing a small fraction of their face exposed for some air.

"Oh." Kris blinked stupidly. "Should I?"

"Give me that." Sehun finally snapped while grabbing it from the taller male. He promptly ripped the blanket off the two figures, which earned him a loud shriek of terror as they scrambled to cover themselves again. They were still shrieking as Sehun shoved the pills down their throats, choking no seconds later. Sehun only rolled his eyes before slapping their backs harshly. Bad idea, but it worked nevertheless.

"Karma's a ." Minseok smiled smugly while poking the closest wrapped figure to him with his foot. Baekhyun nodded in agreement next to him, still feeling resentful towards the two. It was a little over two hours when he and Minseok finally decided to come out of their hiding and tried to enter their bedroom again, expecting what they saw earlier had vanished. What they didn't expected was to find two unconscious idiots on the floor with white clothes lying next to them. It didn't took long for them to put two and two together.

Baekhyun scowled. "Serve them right for ruining my sleep."

"What exactly happened to you?" Kyungsoo asked, crossing his arms as he stared at the wrapped figures with a judging look.

Jongdae slowly lowered the blanket, just enough for the rest to see his eyes. He scanned his left and right frantically first, looking for something that only God knows what before he finally lowered the blanket completely. Smacking his lips nervously, he looked partly hysterical as he opened his mouth to speak.

"We saw..it." His voice was barely above a whisper that they had to lean closer and strain their ears to hear him.

Tao furrowed his brows while noisily munching on his sandwiches. "Saw what?"

"The..g-ghost!"

The reaction was almost spontaneous. The lot of them instantly burst out laughing. Except Tao, who was trying his hardest not to die of choking after spitting out his sandwiches. He pounded on his own chest a few times, making sure he was really not on the brink of death before he gawked openly at a frowning Jongdae.

"G-Ghost?" Tao whispered urgently, already gripping on an unsuspecting Suho's arm tightly, causing the latter to wince and twitched his eyes critically. Tao was definitely a lot more stronger than him and he was perfectly capable of inflicting pain with his iron grip despite his coward .

"You mean this ghost?" Minseok asked sarcastically while tossing the white cloth in his hold. "Must be quite a nasty shock for you guys when you see yourself in the mirror."

"They even fainted." Baekhyun added with a smirk. "That's saying something."

But, Jongdae began shaking his head frantically to deny the claim, muttering something unintelligible before he promptly dived under the blanket again.

"I don't know about you guys, but I had enough of this." Kyungsoo made a move to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Tao asked in panic, already sitting on the edge of his seat.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "We still have school today, Huang Zitao."

They blinked profusely, the realisation finally dawned upon them while Jongdae and Chanyeol suddenly popped their heads out of the safety of the blanket.

"Who is going to take care of us?" They asked in unison. A desperate look was etched on their face as they alternated between glancing around warily and staring at the other.

"What do you mean who's going to take care of you? Of course it's Siwon."

The attorney instantly pointed at himself with an incredulous look. "Me? Oh, no. I have a very important case that I have to handle today."

"B-But--"

"I know." Luhan interrupted with a malicious smile. "Why don't Minseok and Baek stay at home today, and take care of you guys?"

"Good idea." Jongin supplied. "We have a very important practise today so we can't skip school."

"Oi!" Minseok and Baekhyun protested in unison, but nobody paid any heed to them.They immediately scurried out of the room instead, leaving the two fuming boys behind. Jongdae and Chanyeol just laid back in the bed. They couldn't care less that they had just been left alone with literally their enemies as long as they were not alone.

~~X~~

"Is it safe leaving them alone at home?" Joonmyeon voiced out, biting his lower lip anxiously. "I meant-- Just, are you really, really sure about it?"

Slamming his locker's door with unnecessary heavy force, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before he turned to face the worried-looking Joonmyeon. "They'll survive." He simply said while making a move to leave. But, Joonmyeon quickly restrained him from doing so by clutching at the latter's arm-a little too tightly from the look of it.

"Get some chill pill, grandpa." Luhan chirped, grinning brightly as he skidded into a halt next to them. "Sure, we have Byun Baek who's most likely going to end up of blowing up the whole place already by now, but Minseok is there. We can count on him to do err..the damage control I supposed."

"Salvaging what's left of hopefully blown pieces of Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol." Tao added, bobbing his head a few times as if deep in thought.

One look at Joonmyeon's narrowed eyes though told them that he was far from being convinced, and they ought to shut their mouth before it was stuffed with his endless supplies of vitamins. Out of nowhere, a loud noise appeared from behind them. They quirked their brows almost in unison at the sight of Kris leading a bunch of screaming girls. On closer inspection, though, they began to notice the terror painted across his sharp feature. He was actually running for his dear life. Avoiding, not leading. Running. Flailing around. Right into an unsuspected Tao's arm.

Bam!

Tao's first reaction was to slap the living hell out of him. Except that was not an option. Because Kris foreseen that, and he was smart enough to wrap his long arms around Tao before any permanent damage can be done, successfully trapping the slowly fuming boy.

"Help me out here." Kris whispered urgently, tightening his hold around the other. Tao's view was blocked by Kris's giant stature before him, but the sudden absolute silence was enough to tell him that everyone was watching. In shock, if he may add. "Just this once." He added after a few prolonged moment.

"The do you think you're doing?" Tao hissed back, wiggling slightly. It wasn't much of a fight. Even with Kris's far larger built, Tao easily overpowered him with his years of Wushu training. But, the damage was already done for good. When he escaped Kris's tight embrace with Kris very much unwilling to turn to face the waiting fangirls, he watched in horror as the realisation slowly dawned upon the frozen girls. They blinked, alternating their intense stare between the two of them before finally taking off with a loud gasp.

There was only silence for a moment as they digested the meaning of that. Then, Luhan reacted first by patting Tao's back with a hint of a meaningful smile.

"Nice one, Huang Zitao."

Tao just blinked. What. the. actual. ?

~~X~~

They blinked. Huffed. Stretched. Propping their elbow. Tickling each other's ear. Breathing. Basically, doing everything in their willpower not to die of boredom. But, their mind surely had a horrible of wanting more as they stared at each other, and literally saw each other's mind screaming its head off for some kind of entertainment.

Baekhyun scowled. "I say, we take off, and ditch this two idiots. We can go to the shopping mall."

"And watch you flailing around for that tiny black stick? No, thanks." 

Baekhyun instantly emitted a loud, offended gasp.

"You take that back, you makeup terrorist!"

"Makeup terrorist?" Minseok raised an amused brow, but Baekhyun appeared completely oblivious to his words.

"It's the most wonderful type of art in the world." His eyes was shut tightly as if appreciating an invisible beauty. "Wonderful, magnificent, tremendous. One of a kind. Oh, my beautiful eyeliner."

Minseok rolled his eyes, and shifted slightly as he waited for Baekhyun to snap out of his ridiculous little sunshine land. Obviously, this wasn't a first for him. It was almost as common, and familiar as the breathing air for him.

"Done yet?" He asked in a bored tone, leaning forward on his propped elbow. Baekhyun had fluttered open his eyes at last as if recently snapped back into reality.

Baekhyun pouted. "Yeah, yeah." He waved his hand dismissively before leaning closer to the still wrapped figures of Jongdae, and Chanyeol. He made a move as if trying to peel off the blanket off their face, only to end up of poking them harshly instead. The figures stirred, but remained hidden, and unconscious. They had been sleeping like a dead log for hours actually, wrapped in the tiny spark of false security that Baekhyun and Minseok would be sufficient to protect them from whatever it is that they were so terrified of. Oh boy, how much mistaken they were as if last night was not an enough indication to that.

Minseok hummed thoughtfully. "I say, why don't we have some fun with this lot? They had their fun last night." 

Minseok was not usually one for mischief or deception. That would be Baekhyun's or Luhan's job, and Tao as well occasionally. But, he was sporting a very, very convincing version of Luhan's expression when he was about to strip to scare people off, at the very moment. (Not that he was exactly thrilled to mimick that. The horror of it still burned his eyes, mind you.)

"What do you have in mind?" Baekhyun asked, a wicked smile slowly forming on his face. He began rubbing his hands together in a slow motion, closely resembling a mad scientist with a self-proclaimed brilliant plan to take over the world. Out of nowhere, Minseok fished out two marker pens from behind him. He kept on grinning as he wiggled his brows suggestively with Baekhyun undoubtedly mirroring his expression.

Half an hour later, they leaned back against their chair with an overly delighted expression. They almost resembled Santa on his off day as they stared wistfully at the carefully graffitied art before them, bursting into loud cackling, and giggling no second later.

"Awesome." Minseok mused as he peered at Baekhyun's guinea pig of the day namely Park Chanyeol. The lad was still peacefully snoring on his side without a care in the world, completely oblivious to the mass collection of drawings sketched onto his very own face.

"Charming." Baekhyun also commented, pointing at the drawing of a distorted, unidentifiable shape on Jongdae's high cheekbone. "What is that, a ?" Minseok instantly narrowed his eyes before smacking the laughing Baekhyun on the back.

"Idiot." Minseok scowled indignantly.

Ignoring Minseok, and his petty insult, he directed his intense gaze on Chanyeol's vandalized face. "I'm such a brilliant artist." He mused, eyes twinkling in delight. "Oh, I know! I should be a painter! Byun Baekhyun, the next Leonardo Da Vinci!"

Minseok immediately snorted at the dreamy look on Baekhyun's face. Nobody would agreed to that once they saw the latter's supposedly drawing of a great, mighty dragon-which mightily resembled a flying snake by the way.

"This is boring." Minseok huffed loudly, and tossed the marker pen away. He crossed his arms as he began tapping his feet impatiently against the floor. "Let's get out of here."

"Agreed."

"Going somewhere?"

They gulped in unison, halting in mid-way. Baekhyun had his right foot dangling in the air while Minseok nearly twisted his whole upper body. As they slowly turned around, they almost jumped high in the air once meeting the intense gaze of Jongdae, and Chanyeol. It was almost like facing zombies except for the fact that they were both a little bit too clean for that. No blood, no dangling eyeball, okay nevermind.

"We..err..Minseok and I.." Baekhyun spluttered incoherently, flailing his arms around. But then, he snapped out of it, and straightened his back. "Wait, why did I have to explain to you? It's none of your bloody business!" 

"No!"

Chanyeol had jumped out of the bed in a blink of an eye, quickly latching onto Baekhyun's legs like a parasite. Baekhyun nearly fell flat on his face if it wasn't because of his quick act of grabbing Minseok to steady himself. He looked down to his feet, and furrowed his brows.

"What the do you think you're doing?" He hissed in annoyance.

Chanyeol instantly shook his head. "Nu-uh, not letting you go. Never!"

"Aren't you two just sweet?" Minseok deadpanned. 

"Sickeningly so to the point I might puke out my breakfast." Jongdae added, smirking despite his pale, and sweaty face.

Minseok snickered in response before making a move to head out of the room.

"Wait, wait!" Jongdae shrieked, stumbling around to get out of the bed. "Wait for me. I'm hungry! Someone has to feed me!"

Minseok raised a brow. "Normally, I would be more than happy to abandon your idiot alone here, but Baekhyun's misery is always my number one guilty pleasure so come quick before I change my mind."

Jongdae pumped his fists in the air, and scrambled to join the other. A frown instantly made its way into Baekhyun's face as he watched the two making their way out of the room together while he was stuck with a giant baby.

"Oi! Take this buffoon off me!"

"You're on your own, Baek."

"Minseok-ah! Come back here, you little piece of useless trash!" Baekhyun wailed. "Kim Minseok!"

Meanwhile, the only change with Chanyeol was him tightening his hold, and making his weird little rendition of "not letting you go". Baekhyun was so going to have such a long day.