Lord Jongdae On The Move

Midnight Madness

•|Day 1

Tomorrow came a little bit too fast, much to someone's dismay. Luhan had a visible frown on his face as he stood before the gate with crossed arms. Ignoring his boisterous friends, he continously stared at the large mansion with a strange unsettled feeling forming in the pit of his stomach.

"Something is just wrong with this place." Luhan muttered in a low voice.

"You don't say." Tao grumbled while struggling to pull hig enormous luggage. "Don't they have a ing butler or something?"

"Unfortunately, no." Siwon came out of nowhere with a huge smile plastered on his face. He strutted in leisure towards them with his hands shoved deeply into the pockets of his pants. He peered at the many luggages resting next to Tao and let out a small chuckle before reaching out for one. A stunned Tao hastily tried to stop him when he realised the other's intention though Luhan instantly scoffed at the halfhearted effort. He swore he saw Tao grinning in delight.

"Oh, there comes the idiots." Kyungsoo announced while gesturing a lazy hand.

Baekhyun crossed his arms, smirking. "Now, who's the scaredy-cat here?"

"Not us." Kyungsoo smirked. "Brave my ."

"I know your sweet is nice, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun chuckled, earning a swift glare from the latter. Undisturbed, Baekhyun merely winked in response before turning to look at the large group of newcomers in distaste.

"Look who's finally here." Minseok said mockingly once they were close enough to hear. However, they showed no sign of responding and proceed to brush past them instead with Sehun making extra sure he would bumped into Luhan's shoulder.

"One of this day, I swear I'll have his head as a trophy at my front door." Luhan drawled through his gritted teeth as he watched them disappearing behind the iron gate. "On second thought, that day is today."

Luhan instantly took off after the large group once he finished his words. On instinct, the rest instantly trailed after him after blinking momentarily. Except Tao, who was still struggling with his luggages and Siwon kindly remained behind to help him. Once they succeed on bringing Tao's luggages into the house though, Siwon's jaw literally dropped to the floor at the sight.

It was plainly chaotic inside as the large group of students tried to overtake each other's voice. Their booming voices only seemed to amplify even more by time with all of the yellings and bickerings. Not to mention, a few of them were starting to get physical and Siwon's quick reaction allowed him to pull Kyungsoo from a fuming Jongin. It didn't took long for Siwon to find himself at a loss of words on how to manage the situation.

"Guys, listen--"

"Shut up!"

"Well, that went really well." Siwon said sarcastically. Tao gave a weak chuckle in reply as he nervously fumbled with the strap of his backpack, watching the scene with concerned eyes. Siwon though, suddenly began casting his eyes around in search of something. Tao didn't even realised when he walked away quietly before reappearing with cooking utensils in hands. He raised the saucepan in his right hand and a pot in the other before he began banging the two utensils against each other, creating a loud, screeching noise.

But, they were far from being stopped. Especially when the noise was barely heard amidst the thunderous uproar. Amused with the practically unstoppable teenagers, Siwon promptly set the cooking utensils aside and tapped his finger against his chin with a thoughtful look.

"Oh look, a distraction!" He shouted at last.

It surprisingly did the trick as all of them instantly whipped their heads around in curiosity. Including an eager Tao, who had twinkling eyes as he craned his neck around in search of "distraction".

"Now that I have your attentions, I would let you know that I take back any of my thought of letting you to pick your own roommate." Siwon casually said while pulling out a folded paper from his pocket. "I will just stick to the official order now."

Siwon unfolded the paper and scanned it briefly. Then, he began calling out names randomly or so they thought.

"What is that for?" Yixing inquired with a questioning look after Siwon finished calling out all twelve names.

"The order of your rooming of course." Siwon stated as a matter of fact. "There will be two persons per room and I've called out your names according to the pairs."

"What?" Joonmyeon said in horror, being the only one who actually noticed whose name came up after his.

Siwon just smiled before placing the paper on the coffee table. "Please, feel free to double check your name. I'll be in my room if you need me."

They didn't have to be told twice. All of them immediately swarmed the table in their attempt to sneak a peek at the paper even before the eldest managed to move an inch. Siwon chuckled as he made his way upstairs. He needed to be fast in order to find something for his ears before all of the impending blood-curling screams.

Meanwhile, an eerie deadly silence suddenly hung in the air as they stared back and forth between each other and the paper in pure horror. Luhan was the first one to react, picking up his own luggage in record time before sprinting up the stairs. Everyone just watched with a dumbfounded look before they heard the loud sound of him slamming the door shut after him.

"What the --" Sehun began before he was cut off by Luhan's loud yelling from the room.

"YOU ARE SLEEPING IN THE LIVING ROOM IF YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT, OH ING SEHUN!"

Sehun's eyes widened comically as his mind began putting two and two together. He cursed under his breath when he finally darted to the stairs, flailing around wildly. As if being awoken from a long sleep, the rest slowly began coming to their sense as well as they raced each other to their respective bedrooms. When the last door had been shut, the next round of noise began with the start being a loud crash from Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's room before Joonmyeon's voice emerged minutes later.

"BYUN BAEKHYUN, YOU PUT THAT HAMMER DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

~~X~~

Baekhyun stepped into his shared bedroom with a certain tall, creepy male. He eyed the neatly arranged furnitures, the white and blue painted wall, the large window overlooking the garden and his gaze finally landed on the only bed in the room. He widened his eyes and gasped as his mind begin to process the information. There were the two of them and a single bed. Obviously, it didn't took a genius to figure it out. But, even before he was able to scream his head off at his little discovery, Chanyeol finally entered the room.

"One bed only? Cool." Chanyeol commented and Baekhyun could almost heard the smirk in his voice even without looking. The taller didn't even bothered looking around as he tossed his luggage to a corner before he made a run to the bed and promptly jumped onto it. He hummed in appreciation as he rolled around on the extremely fluffy mattress.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun stayed rooted in his place, his eyes trailing after Chanyeol's every movements with an indescribable expression. When he did moved forward at last, Chanyeol definitely didn't saw what's coming.

"What in the holy flying are you doing?" Chanyeol yelled, letting out a loud groan as he struggled to sit up from where he was unceremoniously tossed to the floor. Who knew the smaller had that much strength in him. Definitely not Park Chanyeol.

"You're sleeping on the floor."

"Oi, I'm not sleeping on the floor!" Chanyeol argued heatedly, rubbing his sore head.

Baekhyun shrugged. "Well, too bad, you thick-headed creep."

"I'm not a creep! And I'm certainly not stupid!"

"Yes, you are."

"Am not!"

"Am too!"

"I'm taking the bed!"

"Over my dead body!"

"Well, what are you waiting for then?" Chanyeol snickered. "Just drop dead now because I'm ing taking the bed and that's final!"

"BYUN BAEKHYUN, YOU PUT THAT HAMMER DOWN RIGHT NOW!" 

They turned around almost in unison, catching the sight of a panicking Joonmyeon. Just then, the door burst open with the rest filing in. Either looking highly surprised or highly impressed.

"B-But.." Baekhyun protested, waving around the hammer in his hand like it was nothing. Where he got it, it would always remained as an unsolved mystery.

"Baekhyun." Joonmyeon pressed, narrowing his eyes.

"Fine!" He gave one last glare at Chanyeol before tossing the hammer away. It flew and landed right on top of a very unfortunate Jongin, sending him toppling backwards. It was such pure luck that it was only a hammer with rubber and plastic head though Jongin obviously couldn't care less about that.

"My precious face!" He wailed as he moved his hands around his bruised forehead. "My beautiful, sacred, god-like face!"

Minseok raised a brow. "Narcissistic much?"

"God level." Kyungsoo interjected sarcastically and scoffed.

"Oh, great." Siwon's head was suddenly poking in from behind the opened door. "Good to see all of you getting along. Let's go downstairs for dinner now, shall we?"

"Dinner!" Tao shrieked, sprinting out of the room first. 

"Wait." Jongdae stopped Chanyeol as he was walking out of the room. "I can't help but to notice the unmistakable gleam of rage in your eyes, my dear friend and by the power given to me by the great, great, almighty lord of karma, I hereby declare you as my next damsel in distress who needs my mighty and priceless help at revenge!"

"Yeah, and Spongebob ate Britney Spears." Chanyeol deadpanned as he rolled his eyes. Trust Jongdae to come up with some ridiculous make-up stories of how he was the chosen priest or something as far-stretched as a holy pineapple.

Jongdae pouted. "You're no fun."

Chanyeol quirked his brow, challenging him to repeat that again. Chanyeol was the faithful sidekick in all of Jongdae's scheme after all and that statement was as much insulting as it was to him to Jongdae. Apparently, Jongdae realized this as well as he grumbled under his breath.

"Oh, okay okay." Jongdae relented while waving his hand dismissively. "I was just wondering if you're up for something interesting tonight?"

"Interesting as in--" Chanyeol trailed his words with a knowing look.

Jongdae wiggled his brows suggestively, an extremely creepy smile painted on his face. They had a look of mutual agreement as they exchanged looks with each other.

"I think it's about time to show our little friends who's the boss."

"Call."