Are Unicorns Real?

CLOSER Scenarios

“Appa?” Little Yuna asked when she poked her head into her father’s home studio.

 

“Yuna?” Jihoon turned around while pulling his headphones off and looked at the time. “It's late, what are you still doing up?” He asked in a worried tone.

 

“I had a nightmare…” she sniffled and he frowned.

 

“Come here.” He beckoned her over and she quickly dashed over to his seat. He helped her sit on his lap before he unplugged his headphones so he could play his music for the both of them. “Nightmares aren't real, you know that, right?” He said softly while Yuna watched his computer screen with focused eyes.

 

“But-”

 

“I know they might seem real sometimes, but they're not.” He said while resting his chin on her small shoulder.

 

“Then, does that mean unicorns aren't real?” She asked with a pout.

 

“Don't listen to uncle Ren's weird stories anymore.” He snickered.

 

“What about Mermaids?” She asked after shifting in his lap so she could face him.

 

“What about your bedtime?” He raised a brow.

 

“What about your bedtime?!” She said back with a cute pout. He was shocked. “Appa looks so tired these days. Go to sleep!” She added and slid off of his lap and pulled on his arm so he could get out of his seat. She then proceeded to drag him to his room were Seungcheol was currently knocked out with their youngest two, Sora and Hoon. Jihoon had to smile now that his beautiful family were together in one room.

 

The two joined the others and not long after, Yuna went to sleep, but Jihoon couldn’t. Because that was how it was, his sleep pattern was way different than the rest of them and while it was understandable because he’s become a producer and has to make music to support his family… he wished he could spend more time with them.
 

His youngest two, Sora and Hoon, they’re not very familiar with him lately because he’s never around. He knew he was going to have to change that or he’d miss watching them grow up. Next thing he knows, he’s going to be telling them goodbye when they leave for college tomorrow morning.

 

“Hey.” Jihoon suddenly heard his husband’s voice. “Can’t sleep?”

 

“Yuna brought me in here because she had a nightmare.” Jihoon explained and looked down to their sleeping children between them, Yuna was actually the closest to Jihoon because he took care of her the most when they first adopted her at the age of 2. But shortly after she turned 4, he got busy after adopting Sora and Hoon at the same time. Seungcheol was the one taking care of the younger ones after that.

 

“Really?” Seungcheol frowned and reached over to gently his daughter’s hair. “That’s weird, usually she comes to me when she had bad dreams.” He added in a soft whisper. Jihoon hadn’t thought of that until Seungcheol mentioned that. So, it seems like Yuna noticed how absent Jihoon was lately.

 

“First time for everything.” Jihoon gave a sad chuckle. “Sorry for not being around that much.”

 

“It’s fine. We know you’re working to support us.” Seungcheol flashed him a sleepy smile.

 

“But still, I should make more time for them. I’m not ready to send them off to college yet.” Jihoon pouted and watched their children peacefully sleep.

 

“That's not for another twenty years at least!” Seungcheol laughed but couldn’t help but notice how worried his husband was. “It’s okay. Just finish what you’re working on first before you make time.”

 

“I will. Thanks.” Jihoon felt better now after hearing Seungcheol say that. “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.” The older smiled cutely.

 

“I would say I love you even more but I love these kids more.” Jihoon chuckled when his husband pouted.

 

“I understand, I feel the same.” They took a moment to admire their kids together before Seungcheol reached out to take Jihoon’s hand into his. “Just sleep for a little bit, then you can go back to work.”

 

“Alright.” Jihoon nodded and closed his eyes. He dreamt about the unicorns and mermaids Yuna spoke of earlier in his studio. He was ready to ban Uncle Ren from storytelling the next morning.


 

 

wiNg1HaBnJ4wraR2VVWbgLVGav3URGLfqQCiz7UmdPdS_5SUtXczo026gxYhNxRkP-eAZhcmteZsWG_5rFiop9e4RLGZZgk7l_FpVkkvf10MDvVD9r2Edw3OKBpkzgANwad5e9op

Uncle Ren, you had many chances to tell my kids realistic and educational stories but you went and told them about unicorns and mermaids. For that, you’re no longer allowed to tell them stories.

UglHNJKFcfjaF-df4GkeRculSY9wefT4LZRug_DktuH45a3S5y4k-YyUdnsqQNio80Nr7n3xXu4wMJuIK-CIuVvI5hXGFp5p-jKaNeysuzS_T3ndg27NzfTPfu-olkG3y-z2601n

But Unicorns are real, Jihoon… I saw one.

qKZokA_XdbraQC9MCZ3ortVyKvpVCkWhhnmz5N61jbp0_raF2A4eK5exzF-t-DRpXA-0YjnbyHuoGdpa2c8YpiEbokhggutJo73F_cGHuNC-INaeTpUDzSHe_Sq4rmfG6WG6h7gi

Well, in that case, go back to where you saw it and stay there.

m023zZCTAK0VTRwnQ9CseDxURmvGEbfFBX-kwCdreZ6Kqhk4m8VYcfeCw90d-trGKVEc8oKE6r5AOeGug1rs4fgDUWsgmbPrjkfy2IRingJXsb7YGtAWTHHLgL7LRgnb8MKObrcU

Not funny.

sGZOKpS26xBY8zP_h4XJv9t0yunrt-6Uyo9omThgsQYrt5Q_V5C1WpaaRzKtbjIB-nUpQX9dfsEAfSSiDyONb1I7yiNCcqUoxHVo7BKMIttSUJTEpbUD0x80HVEB3vS3Fm01yZt4

I wasn’t trying to be funny.

77fUHQVTYxiB1dSsu3GEKfvBK7NWUV-2S93b0cB0sFIV1s4lNndF1dZP15ehdIZrKy0JP03KLmxsFXLHr_Y1XV4t-u65vgmUhNk8OVyswyQWOV32Scl7RECJYu2kmza2eCHy-XTx

Okay, I understand.

I won’t talk about Unicorns and Mermaids anymore.

bNS8NJvtai8fETtTHcwu7wqM2doheR8z9SGUCDOcRyFBwouER0ksnNQvMSePhmAaw-jIKkQQELorfYPy-GUAWu7npuD-42p7SSGjl9eIi0Bh04oW-PNT_Bpk1QBv1ul2sgaBccbK

Good. Tell them about things that actually exist.

npaKHXAchObiVD3FMsLKN6ATHKak4DUDPov2WbI7jddclaWkRqwBYHpA76Nwqfg9m6X5HS4fPAjag3Xj4d6mjzw9trbTee3A97lFi3IpUSEcNGJKlSfprGMjivvuNw8B_SndbZxd

I’ll tell them about Lady Gaga.

gmMeFngd-yUbSVP90R6D8IXLRKxOUQ0HTYtUMMeeGC5VRx3JKc_BXth5C53ReGp64j8G9VrZ6bVDlr1NUpcqOC0uVtvtO4PbbIwosnENGzxb0RQLKYYUmBzNvMmUZJyQHY-S_HuC