The Day You Went Away

Ahjusshi

 

 

*********************************************************

 

His P.O.V

 

"Hyung!" Haewon called.

 

"Something up, Haewon-ssi?"

 

I approached him.

 

 

"Do you think you can help me get some ribbons? We're running short of them. I need a few more to wrap these presents.."  he pointed at the stacks of gifts.

 

"I forgot to call the suppliers.. What should we do?" said Haewon as he place his index finger on his temple.

 

 

"Hmmm..."

 

 

"Hey Zin, where are you going?" I asked Zin that was about to head out of the store.

 

"I need some fresh air. Something up?" he asked me back.

 

 

I took a piece of paper from my desk, scribbled something on it before handing it to him.

 

 

"What's this?" he stared at the paper in confusion.

 

 

"Mind doing me a favour and get me this?" I begged him, in a cute way.

 

 

"Gee, HYUNG!!! I hate it when you try to act cute! It soooo does not match you, okay?" he said in disgust, turning his head away.

 

I keep begging and soon..

 

 

"Ugh, FINE!! Just stop doing that, PLEASE!!" he finally agreed and dashed out of the store not wanting to stay any longer.

 

 

I was grinning ear to ear when I saw him shrugging his shoulders as he make his exit.

 

 

Sulhu approached us and tapped my right shoulder.

 

"Just so you know, that doesn't make you any younger, Ghun-hyung.." he shook his head.

 

 

Taefung roared with laughter when he heard Sulhu's statement.

 

 

"Ahahahahahahahahah! Sometimes I can't believe that you are the eldest, Ghun-hyung!" said Taefung.

 

 

"It's okay. I'm glad we have you around or else we might die of boredom!" Haewon stated.

 

I was flabbergasted when I heard his shocking statement.

 

 

"I'm no clown, okay! You guys need to loosen up! SHEESH!!!!!"

 

I crossed my arms and turned my back at them.

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

"Let's see, we have one, two, three, four..."

 

Haewon was counting the gifts he just wrapped.

 

 

"How many do we have altogether, Haewon-ssi?" I asked him, trying to change the topic.

 

 

"We have 150 at the moment, minus the ones without the ribbons here.." he reponded.

 

 

"We need 200 right?" Taefung in.

 

 

"Yeah.. I hope we'll be able to get everything done by tomorrow.."

 

"They'll be so happy once they see all these.."

 

I took one of the gifts and smiled to myself.

 

 

 

"Hey, it's 5 P.M. already?" I looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

 

 

"I hope Zin comes back soon." I utter to myself.

 

 

***********************************************************************

 

 

Zin's P.O.V

 

 

 

 

He was walking out of Wanda's, while carrying a paper bag with the ribbons as requested by his hyungs.

 

 

"I hope I have everything with me.."

 

 

I went through the list Ghun-hyuing handed me again, just to be sure.

 

"Yup, everything is here alright!" I smiled.

 

 

As I was walking..

 

 

"Oh my, it's 7 P.M. already?" I looked at my watch.

 

 

"Who knew searching for ribbons could be so hard and time consuming?.." I sighed as I swing the paper bag around.

 

 

"I ought to call the suppliers this time and order more just so that this won't happen again.."

 

 

And so, I walk back to the store when all of a sudden,

 

 

"Meow! Meow!"

 

 

 

"What's that?"

 

I turned around.

 

 

Where did that sound came from?

 

 

I was curious.

 

 

 

 

As I walk past the telephone booth, I saw a cat tied to a street lamp.

 

 


'What are you doing here, little guy?"

 

I tried to untangle it from it's leash.

 

 

The moment I set him free, he jumped into my arms and snuggled.

 

 

I guess he likes me now?

 

"Purrr..."

 

"Who could be so heartless and leave such a cute kitty like you here?"

 

The cat started to purr louder when I his little head.

 

 

 

"You're so cute.."

 

"I guess I can take you with me for the time being.. Well at least until I know what to do with you.."

 

 

 

And so, I carried him in my arms and made my way back to the store since it was getting dark.

 

 

[After 15 minutes of walking]

 

 

"Hey guys! I'm back!"

 

 

I opened the door and greeted everyone.

 

 

"Glad you're back!" Haewon-hyung soon approached me, wanting to get the ribbons but then...

 

 

"W-w-what is that you're holding, Jin Hyun Jin-ssi?" he pointed at the little furry thing that was sleeping soundly in my arms.

 

"A cat?"

 

 

Haewon-hyung soon it's head gently, trying not to wake the little guy up.

 

 

"Oh look, he's sleeping in Hyun Jin-ssi's arms. I must take a picture of this, hehe.."

 

He smiled as he took his camera and took a picture of us.

 

 

I wanted to decline but he was too fast.

 

"Damn it.."

 

 

"Where did you find him?" he asked.

 

"I found him while I was on my way back. Poor guy. I wonder how long was he tied to the street lamp.." I responded.

 

"Oh ya, here's the ribbons you wanted, hyung."

 

I handed him the paper bag but he was too distracted by the cat's presence.

 

 

"Did you say cat, Haewon-hyung?" Sulhu came up to us, wanted to take a look.

 

His eyes widened when he saw the cat.

 

"Omona! Can I hold him, please?" he begged me to pass the cat over.

 

"Okay, be gentle now. Wouldn't want to wake the poor guy.."

 

I lifted the cat and placed him in Sulhu's arms.

 

 

"Aren't you a cute little fella... Aigo! Look at you!" Sulhu crooned at the cat.

 

Clearly he was head over heels with the cat since he snuggled with it non-stop.

 

 

I looked over and saw Haewon-hyung having some trouble with the wrapping papers.

 

 

"Ah, Haewon-hyung, can I help you with the gifts? It seems you need help.."

 

I pointed at the gifts that were left unwrapped.

 

 

"Sure! I could use some help. The more the merrier!" he continued.

 

R-r-right..

 

 

"Ya, Sulhu-ssi, what should we name him?" out of no where Taefung-hyung appeared and stared at the little fuzzy thing.

 

 

"Hmmmm.."

 

 

Moment of silence.


 

 

 

"Bobby!" he soon answered his own question.

 

 

"What? Hyung, no! That doesn't even sound nice! At all!" Sulhu hissed as he started to do a facepalm.

 

 

"Mocha!" Ghun-hyung interrupted.

 

 

He came closer to the cat and took a good look at him.

 

"He has such dark chocolate fur, it reminds me of mocha.."

 

A smile appeared on his face.

 

 

"Okay, that name souds wayyyyy better than Bobby!"

 

I chuckled while cutting the wrapping papers.

 

I couldn't contain my laughter!

 

 

"I was just trying to help! Hmph!" Taefung-hyung crossed his arms and pout.

 

 

"Oh mai gawd, stop with the aegyo people!"

 

I hate it when my hyungs start to act childish.

 

Am I the only one who's mature here??

 

Plus, I like it better when girls do aegyo *blush*

 

 

 

"Hahahahahaha come on guys! Enough with the jokes! We better hurry, it's getting late. We should clear everything and close the store." Ghun-hyung pointed at the mess on the table as he stretch his arms and yawned.

 

 

"Oh, I'm beat!" he continued.

 

 

"Lets see, we have a few more to go. I'm confident that we'll be done by tomorrow. I'll wrap some more once I'm at home.." said Haewon-hyung.

 

"I'll help!" Sulhu volunteered.

 

He soon grabbed the things he need and stuffed it in his bag.

 

 

 

"What about Mocha?" Taefung-hyung pointed at the cat that was dead to the world.

 

"Someone must bring him home? We wouldn't want him to rip everything in this store. You know how cats are when they see toys, especially the stuffed ones.." he continued.

 

 

"Ask Jin-hyung then!" Sulhu pointed at me.

 

 

"Mwo? Me?" I pointed at myself.

 

 

"Yeah, it's only right since you were the one who brought it here.." said Ghun-hyung, supporting the maknae's suggestion.

 

 

Me and my kind heart.. *sigh*

 

 

"Ah, fine.."

 

I couldn't say no. They made their point.

 

 

"Come, Mocha! It's time to go home!" I poked little Mocha, trying to wake it up.

"Mmmmmew.." Mocha soon wake up from his slumber as he stretched before jumping into my arms once more.

 

 

 

"Kaja! I need my bed right now.." Ghun-hyung chirped as he opened the door, stood there, waiting for everyone to leave before locking the store.

 

"Goodbye toys! See you guys tomorrow!" he waved at the toys and lock the door.

 

 

 

 

**************************************************************

 

 

Your P.O.V.

 

 

It was night time and and I was in my Pj's, getting ready to go to bed.

 

I was sitting near my dresser, combing my hair.

All of a sudden, flashbacks came to me.

 

 

It was a beautiful day at the park, we were lying down on the grass, enjoying our lovely picnic. Just the two of us..

 

 

 

"_________-ah, your hair is beautiful! They're like silk!"

 

 

"Mm? Ah, no it's not..." I blushed when I heard that.

 

"You are so perfect.. Sometimes I can't believe you are mine, baby. Please pinch me? I think I'm dreaming! Hehe!"

 

 

"Oppa! What are talking about! Do you want me to hit you, huh? You are not dreaming, oppa! Yes, I am yours! Yours only! Hm!"

 

I crossed my arms and stick out my tongue at him.

 

 

He moved closer and closer to me and whispered softly in my ear.

 

 

"________, darling, you won't leave me, right?"

 

 

The moment I hear those words coming from him, my heart started to ache. Why?

 

 

He took my pinky and linked with his, making a pinky promise. He loves to do that.

 

 

"Oppa, why are asking me that? Isn't it obvious? I'll never leave you! Don't you remember our plans for the future? We're gonna have our wedding during fall, spend our honeymoon at Australia, raise two kids! A boy and a girl! Everything.. Remember, oppa?"

 

I took his hands, held them tight, not wanting to let go.

 

He giggled when he heard that.

 

"Why, oppa?"

 

"Nothing, haha. I just want you for myself!"

 

He pinched my cheeks.

 

"Owww, oppa! Don't do that! It hurts.."

 

I whined at him while rubbing my cheeks.

 

 

"I'm sorry, jagiya! You're just too cute, baby! Hehe! Don't be mad at me, arasso?"

 

He cupped my face with his hands and did aegyo, and I swear it was the cutest thing ever!

 

 

He pulled me in for a hug.

 

I could hear his heart beating and him breathing heavily in my ear.

 

"I could get use to this.." I thought to myself.

 

He pulled me away all of a sudden.

 

 

"Oppa, is something the matter?"

 

 

"It's nothing.. Jagiya, I hope you'll always have me in your heart, arasso? 'Till death do us apart!"

 

He pulled me closer, and planted a soft kiss on my forehead as I close my eyes.

 

 

I wish time would stop.

 

I want things to stay like this.

 

I don't want this to end, NEVER!

 

"Oppa.."

 

I looked at him and his image started to fade..

 

"Oppa!"

 

 

I was no longer at the park with him. I was back in my room. Alone.

 

I quickly put my comb down and jumped on my bed.

 

 

I took out my phone and browsed through the pictures in it.

 

 

There was a photo of us, at the amusement park which was taduring my birthday.

 

 

I was holding a huge panda bear.

 

A panda bear which he won at one of the games while we were there.

 

 

Tears started to fill my eyes.

My chest started to ache.

 

 

 

"Oppa, why did you leave me? You promised that we'll be together, always..."

I tried to hold back my tears, but it was no use.

 

 

I cried myself to sleep while hugging the panda bear.

 

 

That was the only thing that reminded me of him.

His scent was on the bear.

Only God knows how much I miss him.

 

I miss his voice, his touch, his warm embrace.

 

Now, it's all gone.

 

Oppa, if I had just one wish, one wish..

 

I want you to be here, with me..

 

 

Life has been so hard without you.

 

 

I hate this!

 

 

 

"My poor baby..."