The Big News

Scandal Cover-up

“Are you out of your mind!!” 

it was a rare sight at Super Junior’s dorm. Everyone sans the managers, Shindong and Henry who gather at the upper floor dorm are quiet, nobody dare to utter any word especially after seeing their leader rage expression towards the news. 

Today, Sungmin is dropping the bomb. to and as expected everyone are are taking hard the news especially the leader.

“what about the fans? don’t you ever think about how they feel” 

“I’m sorry”

is the only word he can say right now. He know there will be a madness or a riot among their fans, and the worst case is the will leave him or stop stopping the entire group. 

“I’m done here” 

afraid that he will lose his control towards the kneeling Sungmin, Leeteuk makes his way out of the apartment, follow by Kangin who have the intention to calm the leader down.

Heechul who surprisingly calm speak up. Actually, he was the one whom he expect to break down first after hearing the new.  “Are you sure about this?” 

Sungmin only nods his head, he knew it wasn’t a pleasant decision but it was the best option he could have right now

The mood in the room is still thick, Ryeowook who sit beside Yesung have the biggest frown Sungmin ever see, indicating that he was against the idea. 

Donghae as expected is the verge of tears with whatever reason he have in mind, Yesung, Siwon, Eunhyuk and Zhoumi did not utter a word and Sungmin did not dare to see the magnae reaction right now because he know that this will hurt him so much.

“listen, this might be the biggest scandal Super Junior ever had and from what you see the members are taking it very hard. Marriage? come on! that’s a huge deal for idol, for us. Now, why don’t you go home and let the other member get use of the idea”

Sungmin are hesitant to leave, but heechul already him to the front door. While he was waiting for the elevator to come up eunhyuk quietly approach him. “I though you were doing fine with Kyuhyun” he said in a really small voice while his head looking around checking if there someone near them

“we did”

“why would you do this? don’t you concern about how he feels?”

Sungmin sigh, when the idea first come out Kyuhyun is the first one who have he concern about in his mind. He did not intend to hurt him, he loves him but what choice did he have

“it was best, for both of us”

“so, you are going to be married to a woman but still going out with Kyuhyun”

he smile bitterly, if Kyuhyun still want to take him after all this fake marriage he is having

 ********************************************************************************

Sungmin never thought this day would come, he was standing in the mirror looking at his reflection wearing a black tuxedo with white flower tuck in his left chest. There is thought about running away from the wedding, but there are also things that make him stay and get through the wedding. All the Super Junior members and some of the SM Town family came to support him, even thought almost all of them knows the real reason why this marriage is happening, and he knows that almost all the members are still against this idea. The worst thing is, he haven’t talk with Kyuhyun since he drop the news and it kills him more than anything. His mother come to his dressing room, already wearing the hanbok and she looks so beautiful

“are you sure about this?” she ask while trying to fix his tie, it was the question that he often hear this past few months from the people who knew his and Kyuhyun relationship.

“yes eomoni”

have you talk to kyuhyun yet?”

I shook my head, 

“give him some time, I know that he will understand”

She hugs him and give him her reassuring smile before she leave him alone again. Sungmin couldn’t be more glad for having a very understanding parents like them. Not long after that, someone knock on the door and he did not expect to be visit by the next guest, seeing him alone makes sungmin want to hugs him. 

“can we talk?” Kyuhyun said while closing the dressing room door indicating that this will be a private matter talk.

They both feel into a deep silent after sitting across each other, both of them trying hard to control the feeling of missing each other. 

“I’m sorry” Sungmin did not expect that will be the first word that came out from Kyuhyun mouth right now “I’m sorry sungmin hyung” and Kyuhyun calling him ‘hyung’ in their private conversation means that he sincere with his word

“I’ve been thinking a lot, about us about these whole thing and I came to realise what a selfish thing I became. I should be more understanding for you. This whole time I’m busy trying to hate this idea without thinking how you actually feel. You were carrying this weight all by yourself this whole time and I did not support you a bit. I didn’t think it was a really hard choice for you too. I’m sorry hyung, I’m sorry. I should be more understanding and supportive. I’m sorry for being a bad boyfriend”

Seeing his lover breakdown in front of him making him loose his control, in a second he was moving towards Kyuhyun place and hug him. They stay at that position for a while, and try to communicate with their mind.

“I start this, if only that night I didn’t insist to go out and the journalist wouldn’t find out about us and there will be no rumour about us” 

“it wasn’t just your fault, it was our fault. You should consider discussing first before making the decision”

“that, I’m sorry. I thought if I get married and our company doing the rumour for both of us will disappear” 

“I love you” it’s the only thing Kyuhyun could say right now

there is a knock on the door, informing that Sungmin should be in his place for the ceremony 

“seeing you like this makes me want to bail out the wedding”

“I have the same idea, but you can’t. You should do the wedding ming, you would get hate by the nation if you ever bail out from this wedding”

hearing Kyuhyun calls him by his nickname make Sungmin hype up. 

“but promise me, after the ceremony we should have alone time together” 

“I’m all yours ming”

 

[Few Weeks Later]

“am I a misterss?”

Kyuhyun said out of the blue when he and Sungmin finally having a long time together after all the chaos. They were cuddling together in Kyuhyun’s bed.

“what? what makes you said that?”

“well, now that you are married but you still seeing me and we still having together isn’t that making me a mistress?”

“you mean lover? mistress is for a woman” sungmin chuckle “but no Kyu, you are my no.1. we are married by the law, but in my heart there is only you”

“stop with the cheesy talk. ah, I have been wondering how did you talk to Saeun-sshi about all this marriage thing”

“emmm.. let’s just say she owe me big thing in the past”

“and he was Okay with all this? with us?”

Kyuhyun haven’t really talk or know Saeun, despite being Sungmin ‘legal wife’ him or other Super Junior member did not really have some sort of close relationship with each other

“sure, we are good friend. She knew from the beginning that I love you and she jokes that she will have more popularity with my name and I get free from the rumours so it’s a win-win situation” 

“we should give her some appreciation or maybe a gift for going through all this. If our fans know about the real thing, maybe they would also thank her and stop sending her hate messages.” 

“yeah, sadly it wasn’t how it works in our life. They all have no idea this whole marriage thing is just a scandal cover-up”

“whatever it is, I’m glad that we could still be together”