S2:26

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is another long journey. This time, through the underground tunnel. And after we come back out into the open, do I find out that we are only just half way to the outskirts of Nam.

“You mean that underground place we were at isn’t in Nam?”

“We were out of Shaw but not in Nam,” Glazia replies.

“Ariz, you lied to me.”

“I never said we were in Nam.”

“But you said we were going to Nam.”

“Exactly. I didn’t say we had reached Nam.”

“Is Ms Pink really in Nam?”

“We suspect it but we really don’t know,” Glazia admits, her blood-shot eyes making me more and more uncomfortable as she stares at me. “We tried to track her via satellite but we couldn’t find her.”

“Then why Nam?” I ask, my anxiety rising as I realise just how little they know about Ms Pink’s whereabouts.

“We know Qas Sogok has secret ownership of property here. And—” Glazia shares a look of worry with Cartu, “the blue murders have been travelling south.”

“But that is still only a guess.”

“A calculated guess,” Cartu interjects. “We don’t know how or why Pan Ni ended up with him, but we think he asked to meet her on his territory and to show her alliance, she must have agreed to meet him. We would have advised her against it if she told us before she went.”

“But I haven’t seen her since she told me she was going somewhere with Helene. That was three days ago. How do you know she only went missing a day ago?”

“She managed to send us a code two days ago. And another yesterday. But that contact was lost twenty-nine hours ago.”

“What kind of code?”

“It was probably hard for her to send it. Each code only contained one word. The first code said ‘stupid’ and the second said ‘human’.

My heart stops for a beat. Why did Ms Pink spend her limited chances to ask for help on calling me? Am I really the help she needs? Nothing makes sense.

Everything the Sovereigns have told me so far sounds legitimate but I still harbour doubt. Maybe this is an elaborate plan to take me far away from Ms Pink and kill me. On some level, I think I would rather this be the truth than the other version they have been telling me. Because if the other version is true . . . Ms Pink is probably in danger. Or in pain. Or both.

A thought strikes me. Is this why I’ve been having nightmares for the past few nights? Scary, dark, chilling nightmares. I had bad dreams in the week before Ms Pink came back to me too. Is this a sign that I will find Ms Pink soon?

“How are we going to find Ms Pink?”

“You will,” Cartu answers before Glazia does.

“But I don’t know how to find her.”

“You have her essence.”

“Huh?”

“Her essence is inside you.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Pan Ni has been infusing her essence into your body. This way, you will be immune and she cannot turn you into a vampire,” Glazia explains.

I think my mind just exploded. “What? Ms Pink has been doing this without telling me? For how long?”

“Since she went back to you.”

“She planned it from the beginning?”

“Pan Ni has put a lot of thought into this.”

“Ms Pink has never mentioned you as her allies.”

Everyone in the moving vehicle laughs but me.

“You are a rookie,” says Ariz between his chuckles. “You have much to learn.”

“Ms Pink has much to explain,” I mutter under my breath.

Ariz chuckles more and it irritates me. Doesn’t he understand the concept of asking for permission to deposit one’s “essence” in someone else’s body? These old farts have been around for so long but their manners are hardly up to par with their age.

The Sovereigns fall into silence after this little episode and I am perfectly happy to stew my unhappiness without any interruptions. Just wait till I find Ms Pink. Just. Wait.

X

We get on another vehicle after coming out of the tunnel and Ariz resumes driving. The ground below us becomes rockier and rougher as we go on. Eventually, the road disappears completely and we are driving over fallen branches and bushes in darkness. It is utter wilderness where we are and I half expect some kind of wild animal to attack us when my stomach growls. Without a word, Glazia takes a sandwich out from the compartment in the door and hands it to me. I thank her and munch on it gratefully.

We come to a stop shortly after I finish my sandwich. The doors open and a chill enters, making me shiver. My shirt and workpants provide little protection from the cold wind and I am rubbing my hands and arms when Ariz puts a black jacket over my shoulders.

“Thank you.”

“You need to stay warm,” Ariz says with a smile.

“We need to move fast,” Cartu says with a frown.

We move swiftly and silently. Ariz is carrying me again and it is twice as embarrassing as before with the other Sovereigns around. So, I turn my attention to my blur surroundings. Tall tree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter