S2:20

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“B-Boss?”

Summer turns to me, flashing a dazzling smile. “That’s me.”

This new piece of knowledge explains why Summer could take Sunny around this place freely when we first visited but creates even more questions, which is pretty much how things have been since I met Ms Pink.

“You own this place?”

“I inherited it.”

“Oh.”

“It hasn’t been easy to hold on to this place though.”

“Why is that so?”

“High Society is valuable and highly sought after.”

“By?”

Summer’s smile becomes mysterious. “Various people. But thanks to Tiffany, they are unable to take it from me.”

Something clicks inside. “Because you’re sisters?”

“Bingo!”

I am beginning to see how Ms Pink has built her power and influence over both the world of humans and supers. High Society is obviously ground for supers to conduct their business in, and through her affiliation with Summer, Ms Pink has a hand in controlling and knowing what goes on in here. How ingenious.

“So what brings you here today, Sis?”

“Business.”

“Business, business, business. Your girlfriend is by your side and you’re still all about business.” Summer sighs. “When will you learn to relax a little?”

Ms Pink smiles. “You don’t get to see me relax but Taeyeon does.”

Summer shakes her head sadly. “Playing the girlfriend card against your sister. It breaks my heart.”

“Sunny will mend it in no time.”

Summer grins. “That’s true. Speaking of which, I think Sunny is very interested in knowing more about you, Tiffany. You being her best friend’s girlfriend and all. My dear girlfriend is such a caring person, isn’t she?”

“Your point being?”

“Fancy a double date?”

I sit up a little straighter, wondering how Ms Pink is going to react to this.

“If your girlfriend wants a double date she can have it.”

“Oh, really?”

“Of course.” Ms Pink turns to me without expression. “Would you like to go on a double date?”

“You’re asking me?”

Ms Pink raises a brow.

“I have no objections.”

Summer claps her hands with glee. “It’s set then! A double date!”

X

Summer leaves the office eventually and Ms Pink finishes her business with Hyo. And it is on our way back to Ms Pink’s castle when I ask, “Why did you agree to a double date?”

Ms Pink turns to me. “Because I want to go on a double date.”

“Y-You want to go on a double date?”

“Yes. It sounds nice.”

“I did not expect to hear this from you.”

“Double dating is what humans do. I would like to try it.”

“W-Wha—have you never gone on a double date before?”

Ms Pink turns to me again. “Have you?”

“Of course not. I’ve never dated anyone before you.”

“So you should try it. You’re human. You should do human things.”

“Did you agree because of me then?”

“Don’t give yourself too much credit.”

My grin is big and wide, nonetheless. I’ll take the credit I deserve. Basking in the glow of love, neither of us say anything for a moment. That is, until a question pops into my head again. “I have a question about Summer and High Society.”

“That took you longer to ask than I had expected.”

I shoot Ms Pink a glare. “I wish I didn’t have to ask.”

“You don’t—”

“Need to know,” I interject, completing the sentence for Ms Pink. “I know. But now that I know Summer owns High Society, I need to know more.”

“You need to know a lot of things.”

“That’s the process of learning. Learning makes me smarter. Don’t you want me to be smarter?”

“I don’t need you to be smarter.”

“Would you like me as much if I were not smart?”

“That’s not why I like you.”

“So you would still like me if I were really dumb?”

“This conversation is pointless.”

“But pointless conversations are what humans have. Don’t you wanna try it too?”

Ms Pink brings the car to a halt in front of her castle and closes her eyes. “Summer needed help. Members of the Parliament and Sovereign have been after the property for a long time. It has been in her family, passed down from generation to generation and they have been the guardians of High Society since the beginning. So I helped her.”

“Did you become her sister to help her?”

“No. We became sisters because of our affinity.”

“Really? But the two of you don’t seem to share that many similarities at all.”

“Not all similarities are superficial.”

“Okay, so you didn’t become her sister to gain control of High Society?”

“High Society led me to her. But it isn’t why we became sisters.”

“So how and why did you become her sister?”

“The guardians of High Society have always been untouched. The ownership of the land and property are safeguarded by a treaty put in effect by ancient royals and for as long as it has been around, it has given the Choi line an immunity. But it is weakening now. There are beings that do not respect it, just like they do not respect all treaties. I was tracking down the Sovs who were trying to get their hands on High Society and met with Summer’s great grandma. Then we became sisters.”

“You were sisters with Summer’s great grandmother?”

“Yes. She was a very good woman. So I told Summer our great grandmothers were sworn sisters and we became sisters too.”

I sigh. “Every time I almost forget you’re almost three hundred years old, something will slap me in the face and remind me that you are this—this centuries old princess vampire.”

“When do you forget?”

I shrug. “When it’s casual. Sometimes we talk casually like this and I forget for a while.”

“Do you ever wish I am human like you?”

“No. I have never wished that,” I reply, realizing that every word I say is true. “I can’t imagine us any other way. But what about me? Have you ever wished I were a vampire like you?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter