S2:17

Fifty Shades of Pink Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ms Pink holds me away, stopping me from kissing her. I am panting as I stare at her, hungry for passion, and wonder why she isn’t allowing me to kiss her.

“Sit down. There are things to discuss.”

“What things?” I ask as I obey her command.

“Max’s blood.”

Yuri joins us and sits too. “What did Seo discover?”

“It’s very ancient.”

“Is it ancient enough?”

Ms Pink nods. “More than enough.”

“But it will be hard to convince the rest.”

“Correct.”

“Nobody wants to believe you.”

“It is not convenient for any of them. The Feds want their power unchallenged. The humans would rather pretend it’s a myth than accept the possibility of utter chaos coming to their world.”

“Meanwhile, humans are murdered everywhere and all the blame is put on innocent vampires and vanguards.”

I almost balk at the use of ‘innocence’ alongside ‘vanguards’ but I manage to hold it in.

“Denial. Whether you are a human or a vampire, denial is something that we all have to avoid succumbing to.”

Yuri gives Ms Pink a strange look. “Are you no longer in denial?”

Ms Pink fixes a stare for such a long time that I thought she wouldn’t answer, but she does. “I moved on.”

“Since the day she tripped over herself in your office?”

Ms Pink’s eyes turn borderline hostile. “Before that.”

“When exactly.”

“The day I saw Yoona.”

“I see.” Yuri nods. “Helene is right. You have changed, and it is because of this human.”

“How have I changed.”

“You were willing to answer my questions. Not to mention, you talked about it with the human in our presence.” Yuri’s smile is smug. “Not more than two hundred days ago, you would never have done that.”

Ms Pink raises her chin in a haughty manner. “There is no need to avoid the topic just because Taeyeon is here.”

“Oh, really?” Yuri’s grin has taken on an evil slant. “What about Summer? Have you told her about Summer?”

“She knows Summer is not a vampire.”

“But does she know why a princess vampire like you would have a human sister like Summer?”

“We have more critical issues to discuss, Yuri.”

Yuri’s flashes a champion’s smile. “There is it. The avoidance.”

Ms Pink’s glare is steely like solid metal, ten inches thick. “Yuri, we are here to discuss the traces of the ancient Seo found in Max’s blue blood.”

“Fine. Fine, let’s discuss.”

Meanwhile, I’m sitting here, listening and flooding my mind with questions. What other secrets has Ms Pink kept from me? What else has she not told me? Why are there question marks everywhere I turn? I will ask Ms Pink when we get home. I will ask her.

“How many people do you hold in confidence?

Yuri frowns. “Miras.”

“I have Edith.”

“Two is little.”

“Two is enough. Together we are four. What we need is trust.”

Yuri shakes her head. “It is hard to trust. Even with Miras, I have my reservations.”

“Without trust, we stand no chance.”

A poignant pause passes between them and I wonder what it is about. Ms Pink had saved her before, so it might have something to do with that.

“I’ll talk to Miras.”

“And I, Edith.”

“This had better be a hundred percent accurate, Pan Ni.”

“Max’s blue blood corroded pure chromium.”

Yuri’s eyes fly to Ms Pink’s and holds their gaze. “How quickly?”

“Within a minute.”

“The strength of the acid must be . . .”

“Only someone like him would have such a lasting effect on human blood.”

“But why would he reveal himself like this. It is a risk.”

Ms Pink shakes her head. “No, Yuri. It is not a risk. He wants to reveal his strength. The killings are to display his power. Even Helene may not be his match.”

“Is Helene on your side for this?”

“Helene told me he’s gone. Accounts from that time tell of him entering Lakkos to challenge the evils there. He entered at midnight and was never seen again.”

“Sounds spooky.”

“Are you spooked?”

Yuri scoffs. “Me? I’ve been in the worst dreams and not once was I spooked. It will take more than eerie tales of Lakkos to spook me.”

“That’s because you don’t really believe it.”

“It sounds rather farfetched,” Yuri says with a shrug. “An ancient power that has long been missing, committing brutal killings, turning a human’s blood blue . . . and our only proof is the blue blood that can corrode chromium. If he really did manage to survive Lakkos somehow, why did it take him one thousand years to show up again? And why isn’t he appearing before us in the flesh? What is his purpose in doing all this?”

“I don’t have the answers right now.”

Yuri nods, looking grimmer than ever. “That’s what I’ll tell Miras too.”

X

Ms Pink seems to be in some kind of mood when we get back. I can sense it and she certainly isn’t hiding it with the way she bangs around the kitchen. Deciding to leave her alone for a while, I head to the bedroom to take a quick shower and change into something new.

I am in the middle of my shower when I hear Ms Pink’s voice behind me.

“Taeyeon.”

Jumping in my skin a little, I turn around clutching the loofah to my chest. “Ms Pink, when did you come in?”

Lounging on the red couch with her elbow casually resting against the spiral arm rest, Ms Pink looks the part of a very rich and pampered diva. But looks can be deceiving and I know that Ms Pink is anything but a diva. She works hard as a royal and as a CEO. And right now, she’s making my heart work that much harder with her unwavering sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter