Burn Me On Fire

A Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Minami is an OC character that I made from another ff who is perfect for this role, thx ^^

She can see the awkwardness between them.

Even though they're trying not to show it, but she can see it clearly.

She knows she's taking a risk by wanting them for this project, but as individuals, she's been eyeing on both of them since long time ago, but she's just don't have the opportunity, just yet, and now, here they are, coming together like she's just got a jackpot in broad daylight. 

He makes one or two conversations with her, trying to ease the awkwardness between them, which she replies politely, all smiling and a lot of nodding, but Minami can see how she keeps her hands in front of her, while standing there straight as if she's about to bow down anytime. 

Well, if according to Jackson, the man is sunbae to the girl, but both of them should have passed that stage already since their debut happened years ago.

All I need right now is..., said Minami inside her head. ... asking for their commitment and participation.

But first, thought her as she starts walking to her models of the day. I have to tell them what I want from this photoshoot.

Mina takes a deep breath and starts to walk closer, she stops as she introduced herself, "Hi, my name is Minami, I'll be in charge."

***

"So, that's it," said the photographer noona in front of him. "That's what I want," continued her as she keeps her face straight, which starts to make him think, that either she's really good at keeping her poker face or she just simply like this. 

"If you think it's too hard for you to do what I want, I understand," continued her as she gives them comfort, or so he thought, until she continue to say, "You may go and I can look for another."

So basically, thought Sukjin in his mind. Do it or not at all.

Woah, she is really as described, thought him again, as he glancing at the bump on the lady's photographer. Jackson didn't lie, and she pretty much as same as he told me.

He remembered when the GOT7 rapper told a story about having "eccentric" photographer as an acquaintance, thanks to Girls Generation, Sunny noona, because she's the one who "introduced" them, or sort of. So, here he is, standing in front of the photographer, because she herself want him to feature in her photoshoot, or whatever his neighbor dongsaeng told Namjoon and Namjoon told him.

"Hyung, I swear Mina noona said herself, she wants you," said Jackson from the other side of the Namjoon's phone. "She even asked for your number, which I'll give it to her, if only I have it."  

"But why me?" asked him doubtfully. "I'm not as handsome as Taehyung or as cool as Namjoon or even Jimin-nie."

"Aaee~, you're handsome and cool too, hyung," said Namjoon who is holding up his own phone so they both can speak through loudspeakers with Jackson. "If you think like that, what about me? Should I start covering my face now?"

"Why are you both arguing about appearances? At least both of you have long legs!!" said Jackson out loud from the speaker phone, little bit shouting and makes both him and Namjoon burst into laughter.

"Look, hyung, please tell me, at least, you will try it," said his GOT7 dongsaeng. "No, you must try it! This is a lifetime opportunity, I promise you'll get famous after this, jebal, jebal, (please, please)," continued Jackson as he pleaded tremendously, which sound a little bit exaggerated. 

Before he managed to ask why he so tenacious, Namjoon have already taken that chance and asking his friend himself. "Why are you so persistent? What gets into you?"

"She threatened me," answered Jackson as he's surprisingly being honest and tell Namjoon the reason behind his persistence.

"What? Why?" asked Namjoon as he half laughing half confused.

"Because she knows my secret!" said Jackson as he half shouting. "And she will tell her if I can't persuade Jin hyung."

"Her?" asked both him and Namjoon as the GOT7 rapper slip tongue has made both of them more curious.

"Don't tell me....?" before Namjoon managed to complete his words, Jackson already cut him. 

"Okay, stop," said him. "Let's not talking about me! Jin hyung, please help me just this once, I owe you for this!"

And that's it, the conversation ended with him agreeing to Jackson's "desperate" request and that is the reason why he's here.

What he wants to know, what is her reason?

He sighs softly while the corner of his eyes move to look at the girl beside him secretly. Actually, he doesn't against the photographer's idea, heck, he thinks it's a rare opportunity to show that side of him to the world, not that he doesn't show it before this though. On the other hand, he doubts the girl beside him think the same way. 

"Sukjin-ssi?" asked the photographer which makes him a little bit startled and turned his eyes from glancing at the girl to the photographer.

"Nde (Yes)?" 

"What do you think?" asked the photographer as she looks impatient. "Can you do it? Or should I start looking someone else?"

"No! I'll do it, noona," answered him fast, a little bit too fast matter of fact, but the lady photographer seems satisfied with his answered because she turned to look at her. 

"Good. How about you Sojung-ah?" asked her as she called her by the girl's birth name, which make him widened his eyes a little, because it means the lady knows her before this. 

Jin turned his head to see her and realized how fluster the girl is, because of the question. She blinks and looks a little bit confused, she's staring at the woman in front of them while biting her lower lips before she turned and make a glance toward him. 

He startled, when a spark is make a jab to his chest as soon as her eyes meet his, before he could analyze what that supposed to mean, the girl is already turn away from him to look at the lady photographer, "Nde, Mina unnie (Yes, Mina unnie)," answered her fast. "Sido halkke-yo (I want to try it)," continued her firmly. 

The photographer looks a little bit surprised with her answer. "Are you sure?" asked the lady in doubt. "This is going to be very different from the last time."

"That's why I want to try it," answered her as she nods her head in certain.

"And you have to make it work with him," said the lady again, as if she wants to make sure that the girl knows what she agreed to. 

"Yes, I know, I'll do my best," answered her again and turned to him.

"Good, well, it seems you both already know each other, right?" said the photographer again.

"Yes," said both him and her almost at the same time. Sort of, added Jin in his mind.

"It'll be no problem then," said Minami noona satisfied. "Let me called my Assistants to you to your respective change room." continued the lady as she turned around and leave him with her, alone.

"Oppa," called Sowon as soon as the lady photographer disappear to looking for her so-called assistants, Jin turned to see her, just in tiime to see her bow her head to him. "Please take care of me, I'll try not to be bothersome for you," continued her.

"Ah, yes, me too, let's work hard then," answered him fast and replied her bow. 

Before he managed to say more, the lady photographer is come back with two beautiful women,"Okay, these are my Assistants," said noona as she waving her hand to the women. "Sojung-ah, you can follow Jisun and Jin-ssi you can follow Younha," continued noona as she introduced her assistants briefly. "I want you two to follow my assistants and get change," said the lady, before she turned to see her assistants. "Give them the 1st scene's clothing."

***

Sojung can't take away her eyes from the mirror. 

She astonished by the fact that a dress can make her look so different. They are giving her a sleeveless red mini dress, with an A-shaped style which is falling perfectly in her body, right above her knees and it's accentuated her long legs, like it just meant for her. The assistant leaves her wavy brown hair, she even makes it more wavy a little, they fix her natural make up and make it little bit bold, with mascara more than she usually put but can't really it's too much either, and red lipstick. Actually, this kind of makeup style is not her cup of tea, natural is more her, because it makes her look younger than she is now, at the age of twenty-five, look younger is a privilege for her, especially, if you have a bunch of girls with baby face as a member like her, but the make up is brighten up her face, so she didn't dislike it. They put some kind of small hairpin decorated with white pearls, pinned to her left side of the head, to keep her hair from falling to the side of her face, while leaving the other side free.

Who are you? asked Sojung to someone on her mirror because she still disbelieve how different she become. 

Will he be surprised? asked her out of the ordinary. Wait, why am I talking about? Why would he be surprised? It's not like he have interest in me whatsoever.

But deep down, she just wishes that this makeover will make her more appealing, because the radiance from his presence it's too powerful for her to handle alone. 

Sojung turns her head and realizes a pair of high heels, almost as red as her dress. She moved and decided to wear them to see how she would look from head to toe. She little bit surprise to find that the heels are taller than she expected, she thought it will be 3 or 5cm high, but it feels like she grows taller as soon as she wears them, maybe 10 to 12cm.

How taller is Jin oppa? thought her as she tried to remember how tall is the BTS' oldest member. I hope he taller than this, because it's going to be so awkward if I have to look down.

Who are you kidding, Kim Sojung? thought her in her own head. This whole thing is awkward, and it's not even started yet.

Of course she knows him, who's not? Her members sings his group songs, like a lot, especially their second maknae, Hwang Eun Bi, that girl can't stop dancing to their newest song, as if she possessed or something.

Sojung still trying to comprehend on why she got this opportunity in the first place. Of course, once in the while, there was an offer just for her only, but this is the first time she will be working as a couple, moreover, with someone she meets a lot but rarely talk to before. It's supposed to be getting easier, talking to him, or any of s, moreover, when their group has worked together before this, at the very least, the awkwardness that always hanging there disappear as time goes by, but now she knows, it didn't.  

She realized that oppa is trying to melt the awkwardness by making a conversation with her, but she just couldn't get rid the nervousness she felt as soon as she saw him. Sojung knows he's good-looking, but it didn't justify how dashing he is up close, moreover, with the way he talks, friendly and kind.

He looks nice and gentle, so she can't really imagine how he's going to do this photoshoot, how I'm going to do this photoshoot, added her in her own mind.

"So, I'm just going to the point, since both of you are adult anyway," starts Mina unnie as soon as she introduced herself to both her and oppa. I want both of you to act as a passionate couple."

She stunned and open slightly because the photographer's remarks has succeeded making her dumbfounded. She surely not misheard, but unnie's face totally didn't indicate that she just suggest, no, demand, something as daring as that.

"I want bold, y but still classy," continued unnie as she didn't seems to realize or maybe just simply ignore the surprise in her face. "Ah, and this is for Valentine edition."

And the rest is history. 

Honestly, she doesn't know why she agreed to this, but as she's taking a glance to oppa, she feels that she can do it, she wants to do it. Somehow, the look in his eyes gives her that assurance, the kind of look that gives it's-okay-I-will-make-everything-easy vibe. Besides, this is a brand new concept she never explores before, so, just like she said to the photographer, this is something she wants to learn, although she still doesn't know how she's going to do it.

"Excuse me," said someone all of sudden and make Sojung turn her body around, startled. "Ah, I'm sorry, Sojung-ah, but Mina unnie asking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter