Chapter 7

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin and I were driving to the pool. I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window. We were driving on an unfamiliar road. It was quite pretty. The shops looked quite small and cozy with few cars parked in front of them. From the quick glances of the interior, the colours seemed to match the striped overhangs. Some shops had small tables and chairs outside, while others had flowers planted. A few had colourful banners, but they all had cute signs advertising what they sold. It was a very cute street, and I wondered how I had never come across it before.

"You sure you wanna go? When the boys jumped to conclusions, you seemed... a bit disappointed." Jin suddenly asked, breaking the silence. I mean he wasn't totally wrong.

"There's no turning back now. And I don't have to go in the water. I can just stick my feet in and watch you guys. Unless there's a hot tub - I would go in there." 

He turned and looked at me with concern, forgetting about the road. We immediately made eye contact. It hardly lasted a second, but it felt like time had stopped. We weren't driving to the pool, but just two individuals, staring at each other. It felt different, yet I couldn't quite put my finger on why​​​​​.

Jin was the first to break eye contact, turning his focus back onto the road. I noticed his cheeks turning pink. Little did I know, my cheeks were doing the same.

 

"We're here," Jin said. I sat up and looked and looked around. There were only 2 other cars parked in the parking lot. "Coming?" he asked. I grabbed my bag and followed Jin into the building.

"Is it indoor or outdoor?" I asked.

"Both. But, we'll be using the indoor pool. The weather isn't the best for outdoor things just yet." Jin explained. We entered the building. In front of us was a  ticket booth with a door on either side. 

Jin walked up to the booth and I followed. "Two tickets please," he said to the man running the booth. He looked bored out of his mind. After Jin paid the amount, the man gave us two bracelets, much like the ones you would get at the hospital. 

"You go into the women's change room. Here's a quarter for the locker. I'll meet you in the pool!" he said and went into another room. 

I went into the other changing room and was greeted with many lockers. I picked a random locker and inserted the coin into the slot. I twisted the key, allowing the locker to open. I looked around the place. Empty. I changed into the swimsuit, putting the shirt over top. I put my normal clothes into the locker.  I closed it and grabbed the key. The key was bright orange and attached to a bracelet. It had a safety pin on it so you could pin it to your clothes. I pinned it onto the t-shirt. I grabbed the towel I had placed on the bench and began to head out to the pool.

I walked past a mirror, never hurts to check your appearance. I tied my hair and checked my outfit. 

"...." I mumbled

It settled in that I had brought a white t-shirt to put over top of a black bikini. If it gets wet, it'll turn see-through - and it doesn't help that under it is black, so you can already partially see it. "Nice choice, (Y/N)..." I sarcastically said to myself.

I ignored it and headed off into the pool, holding my towel very close to me. "(Y/N)!" Taehyung yelled. He was already in the water along with Namjoon and Hoseok. There doesn't seem to be a hot tub, so I sat on the edge closest to them and dipped my legs in.

"Why don't you come in? The water's not that cold." Hoseok said swimming over to me.

"No thanks, I'm good," I said. Under no circumstances will I get this shirt wet.

He pouted. "C'mon! It'll be fun!" he begged.

"Like I said Hoseok, I'm good." 

He gave up and swam over to the others. I looked around the place. I was right! It is empty! Not even a lifeguard... is that legal?

I looked at the 3 splashing water at each other while yelling.

"(Y/N)." I heard a voice from behind me. I turn around to see Jin...

Shirtless. 

"You're really not going in the water?" He asked. I tried my best to keep my eyes away from his defined chest. I had felt my heartbeat get a whole lot faster at the sight. 

"Yeah, I'm sure." I kept my answer short and simple. If I said anymore I would have stuttered. Just looking at him shirtless made me nervous. 

I turned back towards the water. I kicked my feet a little. The water was a lot warmer than I had originally thought. And it was definitely a lot deeper; at least 3 feet in the shallow end, and 6 feet in the deep end.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jin sit beside me, only inches away.  I better not be blushing or else I'm in trouble...

"Then I'll just sit beside you. I don't want you to get lonely." he smiled. Why is he being such a gentleman today? 

I nodded and continued to kick my feet in the water. I suddenly felt Jin start to stare at me. I didn't even have to look at him to know; I could just feel his stare. Normally, this would bother me. Some person staring just 'cause? A big no for me... but for some reason when it's Jin I didn't mind.

"Jin!" Taehyung yelled. Jin and I both looked up and saw Taehyung holding a giant inflatable beach ball. "Let's play volleyball without the net!" he suggested. Where did he find that giant ball?

"Do you mind if I join?" Jin asked me. I shook my head. He jumped into the water and swam over to Namjoon, who had no partner.

"So what does the winning team get?" Namjoon asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter