Chapter 14

Awkward
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still Jin's POV ;)

 

The morning sunlight peeked past the curtains and into my closed eyes. I went to turn away from the bright light, but a weight stopped me. I opened my eyes and saw (Y/N) curled up in my chest with my arms around her. My eyes widened despite the blinding light. I felt my heart rate increase tremendously. It was practically beating out of my chest - I was worried that it might wake her up. As much as I didn't want to, I slowly try and release my arms without waking her up. With some difficulty, I eventually succeeded. I crawled out of the bed, still careful to not wake her up.

I went to the bathroom to... go to the bathroom. I passed my reflection and noticed my face was nearly as red as a tomato. I finished what I was doing and went into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

 

~

 

 

Back to (Y/N)'s POV

 

My alarm went blaring. I slammed my hand on top trying to hit the snooze button. I sat staring at the ceiling, slowly waking up. I faintly smelt vanilla and... something else I couldn't quite name. Curiously, I get up out of bed. 

I shuffle into the kitchen. I see Jin's back towards me as he cooks something on the stove. I stare at his broad shoulders for a moment before he turns around.

"Morning (Y/N)." he greeted, holding a spatula. 

"Morning, want some coffee?" I asked, walking over to the coffee machine and pointing to it.

"I'll pass." he turned his attention back to the stove.

We worked separately, yet somewhat in sync. Our backs faced each other. Jin somehow knew where everything was without asking me. It may seem odd, but it brought a feeling similar to relief. As I grabbed the things necessary for coffee, Jin continued to cook on the stovetop. I waited for the coffee to brew. To pass the time, I turned around to see what Jin was doing. He worked at an efficient speed, much faster than I cook. 

As I finished my coffee, Jin placed two plates on the table and put equal amounts of food on them. I sat down with him, placing the coffee down.

"Wow, this looks amazing. Jin, honestly, you could be a professional chef if you wanted." I complimented, eating the food.

He smiled sheepishly, his face turning a faint pink colour. He put his hand on the nape of his neck. "Thanks, (Y/N), but I wouldn't say it's professional."

I finish the bit of food in my mouth. "Are you kidding? Not only does it look good, but it also tastes great."

Jin rolled his eyes, eating some of the delicious food.

We continued talking as we ate. As he talked in-depth about his favourite season, I began to notice small details. Like how at certain angles, his eyes will sparkle. In my kitchen lighting, how the light shines off of him, it's like he's in a spotlight... the only thing in the universe. When we talk, he pays close attention. He won't interrupt unless it's a topic he's passionate about. 

"(Y/N)?" Jin asks, "You started zoning out when I was talking. I thought you were going to pass out or something!" he states with a smile.

I laugh, slightly embarrassed, "No, just thinkin'."

"About?"

I stare off into space once again. I can't tell him I was thinking about him... that'd be weird, right? "Just random stuff, like, uhh, how we can always see our nose but our brain just chooses to ignore it," I say, blurting out one of the first thoughts that entered my panicked mind.

Now it was Jin's turn to stare off into space, snapping back into reality with a distant look. Unexpectedly, it was a nice look on him. (Y/N) what are you thinking about? Have you gone mad? Enough of the crazy talk!

"I wish I could time travel back about ten seconds ago so I could prevent you from telling me this. You have cursed me with this information." he crossed his arms and leaned back. I laughed at him for being ultra-dramatic.

I glanced at the clock and realized I should probably be getting ready for work now if I did not want to be late. "I should get ready for work," I say, sitting up. I pick up the empty plates and put them in the sink.

Jin dropped his shoulders, no longer crossing his arms. He sat up and leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen. "Well, I'll call Namjoon and get him to pick me up. Do you want a ride to work?"

"No, no, I'll be alright, thank you." I walked into my room to quickly get dressed. As I'm doing so, I hear the faint voice of Jin in the living room on the phone with Namjoon.

 

 

Time is fragile, and before I know it, Namjoon picks up Jin and I'm off to work. Work was extremely boring, like most days. The normal rush hours were non-existent today. Despite the lack of cust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter