Chapter 8

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The breakfast is included, are you sure you don’t want to take advantage of that?” Solar asked while she brushed her hair in front of the mirror.

 

Moonbyul poked her head around the bathroom door to look at her. “Yup.” Moonbyul replied. “Why stay here when we could go outside and explore a bit?”

 

Solar turned around to look at her with an eyebrow raised.

 

“You sure that’s the only reason?”

 

Showing off one of her typical boyish smiles, Moonbyul scratched her head almost bashfully.

 

“If I say yes will you believe me?”

 

“Probably not.” Putting down the brush, she approached Moonbyul. “But I’ll turn a blind eye this time. Don’t get used to it though.” She joked.

 

“I owe you one then.” Moonbyul said with a chuckle.

 

“At this point you owe me more than that.”

 

“Maybe, but who’s counting?”

 

“I am.” Solar crossed her arms with an amused expression.

 

Letting out a fake sigh, Moonbyul tried her best to look troubled. “There must be a way to solve this, everybody has a price.” She reached out to caress Solar’s cheek. “What’s yours, pretty lady?”

 

Solar scrunched her nose distastefully and pushed Moonbyul’s hand away. “Okay, no, that was too greasy for me. I’ll pay for you to stop that.”

 

Moonbyul laughed out loud, too amused by Solar’s reaction to put an end to it. “But you are my girlfriend, I’m supposed to be greasy with you!”

 

“It is definitely not necessary.” Solar argued.

 

“For a normal couple maybe, but we need to exaggerate it so it’s believable.” She explained as it was a common sense thing.

 

Solar looked at her with a pout for a few seconds and then she just walked past her. “You are weird.”

 

“You always say the same when you don’t know what to reply.” Moonbyul followed her with a cheeky smile.

 

“It’s not my fault you are weird. I’m just pointing it out.”

 

“Why don’t you point out other stuff?”

 

“For example?”

 

“My pretty face, the shape of my eyes…” Pretending to actually be thinking about it, she started counting.

 

“What about your nose muscle?” Solar suggested with a definitely too innocent smile.

 

“Ouch, low blow.” Moonbyul put her hand on her heart and grimaced.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s actually very cute.”

 

“Oh, yeah? What more cute features do I have?” Forgetting she was supposed to look offended, Moonbyul got closer to her with a very interested smile.

 

“Aaaand back to being weird.”

 

“You are impossible.”

 

“You know what? Buy me waffles and I might tell you.” With a playful smile, Solar took her purse and walked to the door, all ready to go out.

 

Moonbyul laughed and took her wallet, showing it. “Done.”

 

After asking an employee of the hotel for the directions of the best place that served waffles and wasn’t too far away, they went on their way to find it. Luckily the town they were at wasn’t very big, but it was definitely quaint and full of life.

 

The sun was out but the air was cold. Moonbyul had anticipated it and was wearing a proper attire for winter, but Solar only had a thin coat on. Clicking her tongue, Moonbyul took off the scarf she was loosely wearing.

 

“Wait a second, you’ll catch a cold if you don’t take care of yourself.” Not letting Solar argue about it, she carefully wrapped the scarf around Solar’s neck, making sure it also covered . “That’s better, that’ll keep you warm.”

 

She looked at her with a satisfied smile and offered her hand again. After all they had decided that once they left their room they already had to behave like a couple, so they started with holding hands. At first Moonbyul felt a bit weird, but soon it became natural. Just like she thought days ago for the first time, Solar had really soft hands.

 

With a light blush because of the unexpected gesture with the scarf, Solar took her hand enjoying the warmth. At first she thought Moonbyul was being nice just because they had to pretend, but she soon realized that she was that well-mannered for real. Most men would probably envy how naturally noble she was. Solar had to admit it was pretty charming.

 

“It’s been a while since the last time I did this.” Moonbyul mentioned breaking the silence.

 

“What, taking a walk?” Solar asked confused for a second.

 

“No, well yes, but I mean walking around holding someone’s hand.” She lifted their joined hands to emphasize it.

 

“Tell me about her.” Solar asked with honest curiosity. She wanted to know more about Moonbyul.

 

With her free hand, Moonbyul put behind her ear a lock of hair that was bothering her because of the wind. “Her name was Claire. She was hort, cute and sassy. Maybe too sassy for me.” She chuckled thinking about her. “We broke up almost two years ago. Wow, time flies too past.”

 

“Was it a bad break up?”

 

“Not really. We didn’t date for too long and it just wasn’t working. It was nice while it lasted though.” She explained with a soft smile. “What about you?”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes, you. I told you about my last relationship, now it’s your turn.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter