Chapter 16

Dreams Only Last For A Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How is work going? You sounded kinda overwhelmed the last time we spoke.” Krystal asked before blowing against the cup of steaming coffee she held.

 

Moonbyul took a sip of her drink and stuck out her tongue after burning it. Krystal giggled at the sight. She had warned Moonbyul to be careful but the girl seemed to be a lost cause.

 

“It’s getting better. The songs are almost done so they actually let us breathe now. They’ve also realized we work better when we can sleep and eat normally. Shocking, right?” Moonbyul said with a hint of sarcasm.

 

But it was true. After weeks working non-stop, the production company was happy enough with the results to stop overworking them as much. They still weren’t completely done with the music, but the deadline for their work wasn’t as scary anymore now that their workflow ran smoothly.

 

“You still have bags under your eyes though.” Krystal pointed out.

 

Moonbyul shrugged with a small smile. She was already used to it.

 

“Perks of being the lead songwriter. The pay is better, but when something goes wrong in my department I’m the first one they call. And they don’t look at the hour whenever they contact me.”

 

“I’m flattered you made time to hang out with me then.” Krystal joked, winking at the slightly shorter girl. “I feel special.”

 

Moonbyul rubbed her neck shyly, feeling the blush on her cheeks.

 

“Y-yeah, I guess.” She took another sip of her coffee to avoid elaborating her answer. Even though she was mostly used to being with Krystal after texting each other on a regular basis, the girl still had the power to turn her into a flustering mess. Especially when she smiled at her.

 

Thankfully Krystal changed the subject.

 

“This still feels surreal, don’t you think?” She chuckled, sounding incredulous.

 

“This?” Moonbyul asked unsure of what the girl meant with her question.

 

“This situation. Us taking a walk through this park after going through something very similar.”

 

Moonbyul understood her then. That day at the coffee, when Krystal had confessed she was gay and that Kai was a cover, Moonbyul felt guilty and couldn’t resist for long. She had ended up spilling her secret as well. Of course she still hadn’t mentioned she went to the reunion with the hope of meeting Krystal, but she had explained Solar was just her friend.

 

Krystal couldn’t believe it at first.

 

“But you looked so in love with each other.”

 

Moonbyul didn’t have an answer for that. She was worried about Krystal’s reaction, but after a few minutes she just laughed.

 

“I can’t believe we both did the same thing. What are the chances?”

 

After that Moonbyul felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. With Krystal being aware of the truth, she no longer had to pretend, which made everything easier.

 

And now they had decided to meet a second time.

 

Getting to know Krystal was being an interesting experience for Moonbyul. After idolizing the girl for so long, she was finally seeing through that unrealistic image she had of her, but she was finding that the real Krystal was even better. She was funny and caring under that cold demeanor. Also someone Moonbyul felt she could confide in once she felt more comfortable with her. To sum it up, Krystal was reachable, the opposite of what Moonbyul thought during all those years.

 

“I swear to god that if Kai wakes me up again because of another of his one night stands, I’m kicking him out of our flat.” Krystal complained frustrated, making Moonbyul chuckle. “Seriously, I don’t have any problem with him having fun, but does he have to do it so loudly?”

 

Moonbyul looked at her with an amused smile. “Sounds like someone is jealous.” She teased.

 

Krystal groaned. “Sometimes I think I am. He makes it look so easy, but every time I try to flirt it’s a mess.”

 

“I don’t believe that, I’m sure you could get girls with just one look.” Moonbyul said playfully, but she wasn’t lying, Krystal was beautiful after all.

 

“I don’t know… I guess it doesn’t help that I don’t have any experience with girls. I always get too shy to try anything. I’m still working on that.”

 

“Well… Just go step by step. Don’t feel bad for that, we all get there at our own pace and there’s nothing wrong with that.” Moonbyul offered her a reassuring smile. Or at least she hoped it looked like one.

 

“I know. But I can’t help but feel frustrated sometimes.” Krystal chuckled bitterly. “You must think I’m overreacting.”

 

Moonbyul shook her head quickly. “Not at all. Don’t be afraid of sharing how you feel.”

 

Biting her lower lip, Moonbyul tried to come up with s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter