Chapter 8

THE SHEIK AND THE VIXEN

Sora never have been more tired than she thought because she fell asleep right away. When her mind came alert again, she did not want to get up at all. She yawned and stretched. Pulled her hair out from under her shoulders. She snuggled more comfortably into the soft pillows and sighed. She reached for the light sheet that she had slipped off her and couldn’t find it. She frowned, groping about her bare knees.

“If you are looking for a cover.  I refuse to allow you to have one.”

Sora’s eyes popped open. The Sheik! He was back.

“Hello.” Leeteuk captured her wrist and pulled her hand up to his mouth, kissing the full mound of Venus at the base if her thumb.

“What are you doing here?” Sora tugged her hand out of his grip and half sat, blinking startled eyes.

Leeteuk smiled for an answer, a wickedly devilish smiled that melted its way into Sora’s undefended heart. She immediately shook some sense back into her head.

“I asked, what are you doing here?”

“Enjoying the view.” The sweep of his eyes told all.

Sora tagged down the hem of her short, silky gown, mentally groaning over her propensity for traveling ultralight. Did this man have a knack of catching disordered or what?

“Well, really Sheik you must do something about your compulsion to invade my privacy.” Sora pushed her tangled hair aside. Then reach for the foot of the bed to get a cover.

‘Leave it.” Leeteuk blocked her reach with his own.

“Oh my!” Her eyes riveted to his bare chest, rippling with much muscles as he moves. “What are you doing in my bed?”

Leeteuk stretched out, sliding his hands behind his head, the perfect pose of contentment.

“Taking up where we left off.”

“We didn’t leave off in bed!” Sora protested, unable to stop the sweep of heat into her cheeks.

“Indeed?” there were only a few steps to be taken then.”

He was so calm and confident she wanted to clobber him.

“Well, not by me you brute. I’ve had a change of heart. I am not a woman of easy virtue. You and I have absolutely nothing to share to one another. Why, we wouldn’t at all. You’re Arab and I’m American. Wed never see eye to eye. I am a career woman and you’re a… what?

Leeteuk frowned, this wasn’t the greeting he expected. He spent the last twenty-four hours tied up knots because of this woman and his desire for her. The knot inside him right at the moment wasn’t very pleasant, either. She presented an unbelievably sensuous image asleep. Sora sleep like a cat purring contentedly, waking like a tigress with an arching limber, supple spine. He reached for her hand and she jerked away as if he were poison.

“Don’t touch me!”

‘I want you to come and kiss me, welcome me home.”

“When pigs fly!” Sora practically jumped out of bed.

Leeteuk abruptly sat up.

Sora’s eyes widened. She hadn’t meant to speak so sharply. It was a shock of waking to find a half- man watching her that had her rattled. How long had he been ogling her while she slept?

‘Look, I’m sorry I didn’t mean that,” she said, and settled uneasily at the head of the bed. “I just woke up. You startled me. For heaven’s sake you can’t pounce on a woman who hardly knows you.”

“You know me,” Leeteuk corrected. “You know everything you need to know about me.”

“On the contrary, I don’t know one truth. All I know is that you claim to be the son of Sheik Wali Haaris. As for the proof of that you haven’t given me any.

“My, but you woke up in a devil of a cranky mood from an afternoon nap. I will address many prayers that you are not so indisposed in the mornings.” Leeteuk decided that light, teasing banter would better ally her suspicions. “And you know that what I told you is true. I am the son of Sheik Haaris and you don’t need to see my passport to verify that truth.”

If there was a more blatant truism. Sora wanted to know what it was. She’d only been trying to get a rise out of him. “All right, I won’t argue that,” she admitted. “But I think right now we have better get things in proper perspective.”

Relaxing once again, Leeteuk let his eyes wander across the wild disarray of her sleep-mussed hair. It was a truly magnificent head of hair. Thick and wondrously silky soft. His fingers itched to touch it.

“And what would that be, my prickly one?”

“Well…” Sora weakened at the endearment. His lazy gaze sent a rush of heat along her veins. That secret smile on his lips promised a wealth of unbearable pleasures waiting in the wings. She dropped her eyes to her fiddling hands and plunged into her well-rehearsed speech, hating it, wishing she had guts to lean across and kiss him.

“I think it is important that whatever was that happened the other night… well, it was an accident. I’m under a lot of stress right now. We can’t be going around touching one another, starting up something that would be temporary at best. I’m not into temporary flings. I couldn’t handle that, and besides, I didn’t have to, Leeteuk.

There she said it, said his name out load to him. It was like forbidden music.

“What are you saying, Sora?” Leeteuk frowned, stung rather seriously being rejected out of hand. “Back off, buddy boy, like you talk to pilots invading your airspace?”

“Did you have your ears on the whole time or what?” Sora grumbled.

“In my experience a woman waits for an offer before making a blatant rejection.”

“Oh, give me a break,” Sora said, scowling. “Don’t you think I’ve got enough sense to know that when a man crawls half- into a sleeping woman’s bed, he’s stating his intent?”

“You gave me an indication that you would be offended when we parted. You were more than willing to be embraced and kissed.”