Chapter 6

THE SHEIK AND THE VIXEN

No woman alive dared to speak to Sheik Leeteuk in a manner this woman did. Nor had any woman ever insulted Leeteuk so deeply by turning her back on him walking out on a conversation.

Leeteuk deliberately followed ger into the bedroom, pushed the door firmly closed and looked it before confronting her.

Sora spun around, her chest heaving. The sheik stood before the closed doors and calmly removed his checkered cloth and headdress. He tossed both negligently onto a polished table beside the door.

“I believe when we first met your words were I owed you satisfaction, Sora Kang. Come stand before me and take the satisfaction you think you can from me.”

Sora inhaled sharply. It didn’t shock her that he had heard her words or remembered them. She’s said them to her radio channels wide open and meant every word. That he had the audacity to throw them back at her was diabolical. It was the equivalent of throwing a gauntlet on her face.

“I’ll not grovel, if that’s what you’re hoping for Sheik Leeteuk.”

“You are afraid of retaliation?”

“I am not afraid of anything. I can take you down any day of the week.”

“Then come, my bold one. Come, Stand before me. Confront me to my face, not at a cowardly distance where the sting of your tongue whips about like a scorpio’s tail. Come. Do your wost to me. I invite you.”

“You command.”

“Ah, I understand. You fear obedience. Do you also fear satisfaction?”

Sora bit her tongue, forcing herself not to swear. He was laughing at her. He knew exactly what he was dong, provoking her, deliberately taunting her. How the hell had he figured out that she was attracted to him? His words cut like a double-edge blade, ripping and twisting her apart.

The temptation to host a delicate Regency chair off the floor and clobber him was overwhelming. Tryn to quell that urge, Sora crossed the room and came to stand in front of him. Outrageously, she jabbed her long forefinger into the center of his chest.

“Let me make one thing clear,” she began. “I am standing here because I choose to stand here. Not because you ordered me to. Not because I am afraid of retribution. And to set the record clear, you couldn’t satisfy me if you were the last man on earth, because I won’t let you get near me.”

Leeteuk almost burst out laughing. His voice was a soft caress.

“You are near enough now, Sora Kang. Shall I take what you owe me for your insults?”

“Hah!” Sora’s finger stuck the target of his chest again. “I don’t owe you one stinking thing. You damn near caused me to crash my plane. You scared the hell out of me and forced me to land in you desert. You hold me prisoner and refuse to help me leave this country or get aid to my father. On top of that, you are damn close to implying I won’t get my freedom unless I kowtow to this not-so-sly form of harassment you are practicing.”

“The attraction is mutual. You are as smitten as I.”

“Smitten?” Sora gasped. “How archaic a term.”