Chapter 5 (cont.)

THE SHEIK AND THE VIXEN

“You have a very peculiar way of doing business, Miss Kang, cutting off your nose to spite your face. And it is such a pretty face too.”

“Don’t waste compliments on me, please.” Sora held up a warding-off hand. “I won’t fall for them.”

“Leeteuk cocked his head to one side, grinning. “You think you’re smart?”

“I think the word most people used is brilliant, but I’ve never let it go to my head.”

Sora grin, her eyes lighting up. She like clashing swords with him. Especially when she came out with victor. For the lack of password. Ali Baba was locked out. She wanted to ask him how it felt to be the one without any choice. It was a fine turnaround. She wanted to laugh at the irony of it all but she couldn’t, the only thing that held her back was that she didn’t think he would see any humour in the analogy.

Leeteuk reacted naturally to the beautiful smiling woman he saw emerging from the haughty, aloof creature who had first sat down to this interview. With her exquisite dark brown eyes warms warm with laughter, Sora Kang was utterly irresistible.

“Tell me,” he said leaning towards her, making his head only inches away from her. “If I to take you to the plane, could you really start it?”

“Was I flying it when we had the pleasure of a near midair collision?”

“Her eyes flashed at him, dark as chocolate. He moistened his lips, aching to taste her. He deliberately baited her, wanting to see her next reaction. “That is a matter of opinion.”

Her lips parted and she brew a breath. Her swelled against the white cotton and that chin of hers upward in an angle to him, so defiant.

“I’m going to have to pound you if you keep this up.” She told him. “Yes, I was flying the plane. Yes, I can damn sure fly it all the way back home and you won’t get to keep it! So lighten up. Insult me again and see where that gets you!”

Leeteuk spread his arm across the sofa back behind her.

“You actually expected me to believe you did not take the plane from Al Kuwait International? Let us be serious. So there was no time for you to clear customs of have your visa stamped. It stands to reason that your father told you to leave. But you cannot expect me to believe that you flew the Vixen solo all the way from America.”

“Believe what you wish. I’m here. That should prove something. Furthermore, I need a telephone. I need to let my mother know that I am alive. If you haven’t got one, kindly allow me to use the radio in that blasted helicopter you keep at the roof of this mausoleum.”

“Neither would do any food. You do not speak Arabic, and Anaiza is much too far from any English-speaking monitoring devices. Nor would you be able to make contact with anyone in Kuwait. We are out of range.”

“I don’t like this. I am not going to sit here twiddling my thumbs doing nothing when my father is in danger.”

“There is nothing you can do but sit and wait. However, you could be more accommodating. I have a use for the Vixen. Give me your codes and I’ll see that your company is issued the money it is due.”