Convince Yourself

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well. . . I think the only ones not here are. . .  peppers. Or you can buy more cheese. I don’t think this is enough.”

From looking into the fridge, she stands up straight again and looked at me. She looks undeniably attractive right now. I need to calm my system down because I already succeeded on diverting my attention to Spaghetti. I want Spaghetti, I want Spaghetti, I want Spaghetti. That is finality, no more no less. “Alright. I’ll buy them.” I casually answered although deep inside, I want to smile out of nowhere but smiling out of nowhere will make me seem like a psychopath.

I am not a psychopath.

So turn around as soon as possible so that I could avoid her sight right away only to be pulled back by her. She doesn’t have any idea how she is making everything worse for me. But somehow, she’s calming my system down when she grabbed my arm. “What?” I merely ask and she reaches for my cheek and without even warning me beforehand, she presses our lips together. My heart rate elevated towards such gesture and I briefly close my eyes to let myself be immersed by the lingering peck she gave me.

When she pulled away, that’s when my smile took over and came out. I look back into her eyes while having that smile that I tried to hold earlier. I did not give any further words and just turn around to completely leave my house so I could buy the stuff she needed for the pasta she is going to cook for me. As I get out, I did not make the effort to supress the smile anymore. I put my hands inside my pockets as I skip out. I try to rub off the smile on my lips with my forearm but it won’t come off so I just let it settle there for a while until I arrived in my car.

But just as I was about to enter the car, a heard my girlfriend’s voice.

I turn around to see her peeking from the front window of my house. “Kyungsoo-yah!” She calls out. “Is there something you forgot?” I ask back. “Drive safely, okay?~” She chants back and that made my smile come back to the picture. I roll my eyes as I let out a small chuckle. “What if I don’t?” I ask and I start wondering myself why I even said that. I could not figure out when I actually started being this playful.

She really does wonders.

Although not as much as I do.

But at least. . .

“If you don’t, I’ll grow old single. . . probably die single.” She retorts and frankly speaking, that really made my heart throb. For the reason that I have never had before towards a particular person. It was pure delight. She is giving me the state of euphoria that I never expected would come to me. I just remain my eyes looking towards her direction, to her eyes. “Don’t worry, I’ll create a research and make a potion that could turn you into an immortal.” I joke back before entering the car. But before I drive off, I turn to her and she was still there while pouting.

“I love you. . .” I muffle and she gives me that question look. “Ha?” She mouths back but I just ignore it and completely drive off.

I love her.

So much. Already. Before, I didn’t but now I do—you get what I am trying to say, right? Just. . . ugh, never mind about anything I say.

But this is so bizarre of me. I could not comprehend yet I could comprehend how I feel. I know it didn’t make any sense, but for me it did.

 

_ _ _

 

 

I arrive back home and Iseul was already chopping some of the available ingredients there. I place the paper bags on the kitchen top and just stand there right across her, the counter separating the two of us. “Everything alright?” I ask and she gives me a light nod, she looks very immersed with preparing it. But that’s when I also took notice of her hair all tied up in a bun, she already removed her coat revealing her sleeveless blouse, her clavicles are very noticeable and to be really honest, I liked looking at it for some reasons.

I take in a gulp as my eyes unknowingly trace down her frontal area—NO. I look away and rub the back of my hand on my sweaty neck. “Is it alright if I leave for a while? I—I need to go to the bathroom.” I mutter. I did not even let her answer anymore as I dash swiftly towards my restroom. I soon as I locked the door of the bathroom behind me, I start clutching onto my chest I think the sensation I was feeling earlier came back and this time, this won’t come off until I do something about it.

And folks, please excuse me for a while.

Just a few minutes.

Thank you.

 

A few minutes later. . .

Ha! All fresh and free. I am fine now. I let out a deep and relieved sigh as I wash my hands on the sink. I could hear your brains wondering about what I did. Well guess what, I am not going to say it.

So I come out of the wash room and I already smell something nice coming from the kitchen. “I smell something positive.” I speak as I enter the kitchen, this made my girlfriend look up with a smile. “Really huh?~” She chuckles while stirring the pot of—I assume—the pasta sauce. She looks so attractive to me right now, more attractive that she is already to me.

I lift myself up on the high chair right across her.

I had the urge to watch her cook.

And this time, I would not try to hold myself up.

So I look at her without any doubt.

The way she moves effortlessly in the kitchen are extra points for a girl who’s trying to woo someone like me.

I like people who can cook, they become more feminine in my eyes.

That was until she stopped moving and looked at me incredulously.

“What?” She asks and folds her arms. Not being faltered—well of course—I look at her much more keenly than before cause I know it makes her uncomfortable. I put a hand on my chin as I tilt my head to the side. “You’ve got to stop that, I can’t concentrate. I am not a Master Chef.” She mutters and it made me chuckle that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter