CHEERIO(s)

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why the hell am I nervous. Oh my god, Kyungsoo. . .”

I ended up laughing softly as I watch my wife fiddling with my hand that was placed on her lap. “Yah, you’re not supposed to be more nervous than I, right?” I ask and pinch her nose. She just gave me a side glare before having such anxious expression back.  “Yongjun will be fine, the only thing I’m worrying about if he’s going to tell me I’m still not accepted in our family.” I explain to her and move my chair even much closer to hers.

“Look at me.” I hush and she turns with a frown. “Then what if he does tell you that?” She asks. “Then I don’t have a choice. For the record, I still tried to approach and patch things up but if it’s not meant to be patched up then I will just enjoy this remaining night until tomorrow with my wife. That’s all. Okay?” I answer back with a smile. Her face finally softens as she gives me a light nod.

As if on cue, I see a rather familiar face walking our direction. I had to twitch my eyes for better vision.

It’s been years, he has gone very mature. The last time I saw him, he was just like. . . in the middle school.

Instantly, I stand up pulling my wife along. “Hyung?” He calls with, I would say, uncertain smile. This is very uncomfortable, to be greatly frank. “Yongjun-ah.” I call and we just stood there across each other. I don’t know if I’ll bow, shake his hands or hug him. But out of the blue, all of the scenes from the past begin building up in me by merely seeing his face although he wasn’t necessarily involved.

But. . . he’s still part of the family who disowned me.

“Long time no see.” He tells and fortunately, he was the one who initiated a friendly brotherly hug. I turn to Iseul and she quickly bow politely while still holding my hand. Yongjun bows back still with that same smile. “She’s my wife, Han Iseul.” I introduce and again the two bowed at each other. “Let’s take a seat?” Yongjun asks and the three of us sat down, my wife and I seated beside each other, across the guy.

“Uh, Hyung. . . I actually didn’t expect your email last week. I was rather shocked. How’d you find me?” he asks. I clear my throat and from under the table, I press my wife’s hand tighter. “I just happen to find your name in the staff’s list when I was looking through this resort’s site since I was trying to reserve for our trip.” I explain clearly and he gave me a nod. “Ahh. . . That’s nice.” He tells but I could tell that he’s also uncomfortable.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he has heard the whole story but the thing is. . . he surely only heard our family’s side, not mine. . .

“I was just wondering. . . uhm. . .” I try my best to begin with this but before I knew it, I couldn’t breathe well and my hand was shaking on Iseul’s. “Y-you know. . . it’s been years. I just. . . wanted to see how are you guys now.” I clear my throat and managed to say a whole sentence. “Everything’s good. My Aunt Jungah got her business back three years after the. . . the l-lawsuit. It’s running nice until now.” He answers and I take a gulp in.

‘My Aunt Jungah.’

That sentence gave me the answer right away. . .

“G-good. That’s. . . good.” I answer, I couldn’t say anything more because my lips were trembling. “H-how about. . . your parents? How are they? Are they healthy?” I ask. Our mothers were sisters and actually. . . her mom was one of my relatives who hated me the most before because of my mother’s sudden death. That is also why I was closest to Yongjun back then, aside from that he was a kid, I also lived in their house before.

So yes. . . his parents were one of the prime involved in the lawsuit, aside from the others who also tried to manipulate the money together with his parents.

“Yeah, they are in good condition. They’re fine.” He answers while nodding. “Okay. Uh, Yongjun-ah, if it’s possible. . . may I ask if it’s alright to visit home. You know, j-just a short visit, I just wanted to—“No, I’m sorry. I don’t think it’s a good idea, Hyung. Sorry, actually I was just forced here because it would be too rude for me to ignore your invitation.” He stands up while fixing his shirt. “Sorry Hyung. I just don’t know how to say this in any other way but nothing’s changed. I’m really sorry, I just want my parents in peace. They’re already peaceful and happy, let’s not bring it up again and it would be if you show yourself to them. Sorry. Goodbye, it was nice seeing you again, Hyung.” He bows before walking away.

I just watch him leave.

Perhaps. . . there are really things in this world that you can’t fix no matter how you try.

And perhaps. . . not all people are educated in forgiveness.

My head slowly lost its strength and I look down immediately. I feel my wife pulling me by the neck in sideways and hugs me. “It’s alright. . .” She whispered in my ear and that’s when I close my eyes, letting the tears that I’ve been holding back to trickle down my cheeks. I didn’t let out any sob as much as possible, I just needed to let it out. For all I thought, time has healed them as much as it has healed me. I guess, it didn’t.

I quickly wipe my tears before turning to my wife. “I’m good.” I mutter and give her a smile. “You did great. I’m so proud of you.” She mutters before hugging me again. It’s funny how she still said that although I couldn’t really win my relatives back. “I love you.” I hush back before hugging her as tightly as she was hugging me. The way she rubs my back eases up the growing sensation of pain in me earlier, she has the ability to take away the pain in a short amount of time, in an effortless gesture like this.

I always knew I will be alright, she was beside me, holding my hand the whole time. She even listened well and remained quiet, her presence alone helped me a lot.

 

 

The next day. . .

“Good morning, pengu~” I blink my sleepy eyes out as I look at my wife who is apparently wearing a two-piece swimsuit while standing by the bed. She had her hair tied in a bun. “Are you serious—it’s so early. . .” I turn to the glass door of our suite which leads to the private pool just for the two of us. “Yah, it’s already eight. You woke up late and I am swimming~” She chants but before she could walk away and skip outside, I grab her by the wrist.

“Yah—let go! I want to swim.” She whines like a kid when I stopped her. “Let’s do it later, let’s have breakfast first.” I groan and get off the bed still holding her hand. “Eeehhh~ Kyungsoo, I really want to just soak my body there while it’s still early. The sun is nice and healthy.” She tells and tries to escape causing me to be pulled along. “No, I said later. Iseul. . .” I groan when she steps out of the glass door and I had to close my eyes halfway when the sun hit my eyes.

“Let’s just do this later, let’s eat first.” I muffle as she drags me. “iseul, don’t be too stubborn. Let’s just go in first and then we go down to eat brea—AHHH!!” Out of my control, I was suddenly pushed.

GOOD LORD, THAT IS ONE OF THE WORST FEELING I’VE EVER HAD.

I feel the coldness of water gush up on my barely awake body—DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD IT FEELS?? Being pushed on the pool alone is horrible, what more if you just woke up? I manage to pull myself up from the water right away while panting. “Yah!” I push an amount of water with my palms towards her direction. Iseul was laughing hysterically on the side of the pull while covering her face with her hands, as shield of the water I am trying to splash.

“Why did you do that?? It’s not funny, you know I just woke up! I’m serious, it’s not funny!” I shout and she finally jumps on the pool and swims like a dog towards my direction. “Hihi~” She lets out such childish grin and hugs me on the neck, our bodies touching under the water. It was enough for me to calm down instantly like I wasn’t shouting my lungs out at her ten seconds ago. “But it woke you up right?” She asks and I ended up smiling back although I tried hard not to.

“Fine, apology accepted.” I said before capturing her lips. She yelps and pulls away. “Eeak~ morning breath!” She teases and begins splashing water on me. “Yah—it’s your fault! Who pushed me here first!” I shout back in between laughter. In a matter of time, we finally stopped and somehow ended up at one corner of the pool. I trap her there while having my hands on the edge of the pool. “Are you feeling alright now?” She asks and holds me back on the waist.

“Of course, don’t worry. I’m very happy.” I answer with a smile before kissing he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter