Together

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I swear this place looks like heaven and I don’t even know what heaven looks like yet!”

I admire my amazed wife who is currently looking around the themed restaurant we are in. My meeting with my cousin will be later tonight and so Iseul and I decided to go out for lunch first. The restaurant gives off a very beachy, summer feeling to it although it was indoor, add the fact that it’s indeed a beach right beside it. She grabs the menu and begins scanning them each. I only put a hand over my chin and continue watching her with a smile.

She is very pretty although she only had her hair loosely tied in a ponytail, leaving some strands of hair at the front.

She had light make up on, barely noticeable and it compliments the color of her tube dress. “Oh man. ‘Hun, the food is just too expensive here. Let’s just go somewhere else.” She suddenly tells with a big frown. Aish, this woman. For all these years she still thinks too much about my money. “We’re already here and don’t think about the price, just order what you like.” I answer back earning a concerned look from her. But then she looked down the menu again as if giving in. “We never ate stuff like these before so I don’t really know.” She muffles with uncertainty.

I look around.

I notice most of the people here are couples.

Let me assume newlywed couples.

This is easy.

A couple combo would be a nice choice if we don’t have an idea what dishes would be best.

I open my own menu book and look through the hard pages.

I spot the one I’m looking for in just seconds and I signal a server to come. “Eh? Wait, I’m choosing.” Iseul muffles. I just give her a smile before turning to the server. I say and point out to him the couple combo I would like to have. “Sir, we have thirty percent discounts and an additional dessert dish for newlywed couples. Are you perhaps a newly-wedded couple?” The server asks. “No, we’re not. It’s okay, we just want this combo. Thank you.” I give a light smile and he took the menus from us. When he left, Iseul groans. “Why did you say that. You could have said we’re newlyweds so we can have the discount.” She nags.

I just scoff in response and fold my arms.

“If I say that, what if he asks for a proof?” I ask back which left her speechless. “Think about it first.” I add while chuckling. “Anyway, how’s the kids?” I change the topic for no reason and place my table napkin down my lap. “Hana isn’t answering, maybe she’s taking a nap with them. But I texted her to call me later when she’s available.” Iseul answers and leans closer to the table, her elbows on its edge.

“You really look pretty in that dress.” I tell pointing down her yellow dress. She rarely dresses up like this nowadays and I really like it and approve of it since she dressed up for me.

“Don’t you remember this dress? This is the dress I wore on our very first meeting but I put a cardigan on that time so it looked different.” She tells with a grin. I was silent for a while as I stare down to it once more. Now that I think of it, she was right. It was indeed the dress. I didn’t know she still keeps it; I mean it’s been years. “Wow.” I mutter not being able to show my amusement.

Not just because of the dress but because it made me realize how long has it been.

It caused me to remember that very same day that never in my whole existence would I forget.

“I barely use this so it didn’t get too old and ragged. I think. . . I haven’t even used this after wearing it that time since I wasn’t really fond of such dress.” She explains and winks at me. I still can’t talk. It’s just that. . . imagining how things have changed so much, how time has passed so fast, it is indeed an amazing thing. “Too bad your attire that day isn’t really the memorable one since you literally wear the similar outfit up until this time.” She adds while laughing.

Apparently, she is right. I have my usual attire as always. However, I also brought thin shirts and also shorts, of course we're still in a resort and later on or tomorrow we will go swimming so I would need those. Anyway, it's not like she has ever complained about how I dress, she even buys me the same clothes sometimes so I also have a lot of selections from colors to brands, although with the same style but it doesn't make a difference. I will always be an attractive superior being. That is a proven fact. No arguments needed, any objections shall be left unheeded. 

Everything's clear?

“Well anyway. . .” I reach for her hand across the table and we simply stared at each other. “I feel like we’re celebrating our anniversary in advance, it’s still in a few months.” She tells while chuckling. I smile in response as I the back of her hand with my thumb. “Oh right, speaking of celebration. What’s the plan for Yohan’s birthday next month?” I ask and we got back to our parent modes in a split second. We both let go of our hands and she takes out something from her bag. It was her notepad that she always brings along.

“I am planning a small party for him since he has formed a very few amount of friends in the daycare, we can also invite his teachers there. Right?” She tells and gave me the details she wrote on the notepad. “Of course, we can’t really make it too big, he’s going to get intimidated by people.” She adds while I simply nod, I’m still reading each word she wrote. “I’m still fixing the budget but I’ll give you once I do.” She tells and so I handle her back the notes.

“Does he like to have a party? Did you ask him?” I lean more on my chair and fold my arms. “Well, he said he wanted to treat his classmates in the daycare.” Iseul answers while fiddling with the ends of her hair. “Isn’t it going to be too. . . you know, challenging to have toddlers like him in the house? It’s a chaotic scene.” I suggest and she pouts for a while as she looks in space. “But of course their parents would come along so I don’t think. . . you think so?” She alters her though just as instantly and tilts her head to the side like a puppy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter