Just Right

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Yohan-ah, Eomma’s home for a short rest, let’s have a sna—Oh?”

Hearing that voice, I look up and saw my wife standing by the entrance of the kitchen. “Everything’s good in the bake shop?” I ask and she walks over to me with her questioning smile. “What are you cooking? Wait. . . WHY the hell are you cooking?” She asks. Once she was standing right beside me, she peeks at the caserole I had on the stove. “This is for you. This dish will have all the nutrients you would need.” I explain and glance down to her. “U-uhm. . . there’s a lot going in there. Where’d you learn it?” She asks with her raised eyebrow.

“I don’t know. I just put what I want to put.” I answer and her jaw dropped. “What’s important is that you get the nutrients from this especially folic acid and I made it safely and cleanly of course, you won’t have the worry. It’s just like porridge.” I answer. “P-porridge with. . . is that chickpeas? Honey??” She grunts giving me that incredulous expression. “Don’t give me that look. You haven’t tried it yet.” I answer back and flick her forehead. “Why, have you tried it yet??” She asks. I look down to it. I admit. . . it doesn’t look appetizing because of the mixed vegetables, beans and other more things I chose to put but. . . it’s healthy.

“I haven’t but I know it will taste good.” I answer right away. “Why didn’t you just researched for a legit recipe?” She asks while scratching her neck. My face fell as I stop stirring it. “But I thought you would like it if I make my own. . .” I mutter. “Honey, I didn’t mean it like that.” Iseul turns my body to her and pulls me by the waist. “It’s just the normal porridge recipe but I just. . . I put a lot in there. I admit, I kind of overdid it but I just want you to have all of the nutrients you need in one sitting.” I explain and her expression finally softens.

“That’s so sweet.” She mutters and pinches my cheeks. I pull away still frowning as I look down to her. “if it tastes bad, I promise I’ll eat it instead but you try it first at least.” I plead and she gave me a nod. Finally. “Also,” I turn to the pantry and point at the bottles of supplements I just brought home. “When I brought Yohan out for ice cream earlier, I pass by a pharmacy earlier, I bought supplements all holding the prenatal vitamins that you would need. I also bought more fruits, you need fruits. And I ju—“Hey, honey look at me.” She grabs me by the face and made our eyes meet. “I know you’re extra concerned of my pregnancy now because I’m managing a business but you don’t have to be too worried, right?” She asks.

“I have to. If I don’t, I’ll go crazy.” I answer while shaking my head. She’s now three-months pregnant, she doesn’t have a bump yet but I’ve been extra cautious about everything. We didn’t even go out to celebrate during out birthdays which was just recently, we just celebrated at home although our initial plan was a trip but I couldn’t take such risk. “Okay, let me taste it.” Still having an arm over my waist, she turns to the pot still being boiled up and she grabs a spoon. She takes a small amount onto the spoon and blows on it for a few times before sipping it slowly. I peek at her face and wait for a reaction to come out.

“It’s uh. . .” She coughs while chuckling. “it doesn’t have a taste, sweetie. Maybe you can put more seasonings?” She asks. “But salty food isn’t good for you. . .” I answer. “No, I mean. . . I’m not saying you put a cup of salt. I’m just saying, you can season it at least so it won’t taste like water.” She explains. “But I seasoned the beef.” I mutter and glance down to it. “No, just a bit. Watch.” She lets go of me and put a few kinds of seasonings herself. “And also—wait, you didn’t put ginger? This should have ginger, honey.” She looks at me questioning. “But it can cause atopic dermatitis to our baby because it’s spicy, and al— “Just a little. I’m not chugging out a whole piece of ginger. Kyungsoo, don’t over-think things. If you do, the only good food allowed for me is water.” She tells.

“It’s not food. It’s a beverage and a solvent.” I answer. She turns her head away and I see muffling words that I could not comprehend. “Just a bit of ginger right for the amount of this porridge won’t get me dead, Kyungsoo.” She speaks again and looks back at me. “Don’t be dead, I will be dead too. I hate you, don’t say that. It’s so irritating.” I hiss back. “Aish! Move away, I will put it myself.” She tells and starts moving around.

“Iseul. . .” I call while tugging on the hem of her shirt. “I appreciate your effort to make this for me but you will waste such effort if you will over-think about everything. Just go to the living room, this is almost done anyway.” She tells but didn’t look at me. “Tell me you’re not mad first.” I order her. “I’m fine, c’mon just go there.” She tells and tries turning my body to walk. “No, tell me you’re not mad first. I need your verbal confirmation.” I insist and finally, she looks at me. “I am not mad. Okay?” She asks. “Iseul. . .” My lips curve down into a big frown again and pull her close for a tight hug. “Wha—eh?? What is really wrong with you? You’re more sensitive than me now.” She laughs and hugs me back.

I just can’t control my emotions right now.

Do you know that every single day, I think of what will happen during her labor for this second one?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter