Best Ever

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

So apparently, our supposed-to-be group meeting was interrupted short because of a tiny bit of issue between Baekhyun and Hana.

Now what am I gonna do? Hana just left.

“Guys, I’m really. . . aish, I’m really sorry.” Baekhyun made a blowfish as he hugs his daughter, Gaeul, onto his lap. Soomi and I looked at each other for a second. “I’ll just discuss whatever we’d talk about here today with Hana later.” She tells and so I have her an appreciative nod. “Well anyway, since there’s a kid here. . .” I glance at Gaeul and gave her a small smile. She waves a hand at me. She looks so adorable, just like a doll. “We can’t possibly perform a well-done meeting. So I’m just going to make this simple, Baekhyun actually we need your help in preparing Iseul’s bake shop. It’s my gift for her and it will be a surprise. So I hope—yah, are you listening?” I tap the table lightly. Baekhyun who was staring in space looked at me again with his lost expression.

“Yes, go on.” He tells and clears his throat. I sigh. He looks very trouble. I don’t know exactly what happened since Soomi and I went to the other table to give the two some space when they began arguing earlier. But as much as I could, I would assume it was because of Baekhyun’s romantic feelings for Hana and he thought. . . they met for a date? If he only knows, I caught Hana really texting him for such reason. . . but it’s not my business so why bother.

“Anyway. . . like I said, Iseul doesn’t have any idea about this so I hope we’ll be really careful. I plan to present her the bake shop on Christmas Eve. We have several days to finish off the interior of the shop, it’s going to be easy once the seats and tables get delivered. Maybe we can start on Wednesday? As early as five in the morning so I could leave the house while Iseul’s still sleeping. Call?” I ask and look at both of them. “That’s too early. I mean. . . Gaeul usually wakes up at seven for school and if I’m away. . . well. . .” Baekhyun glances down to his daughter.

“No worries. I forgot to say that the bake shop is just a walking distance from our home. So it will be convenient for you, Baekhyun.” I answer and he finally gave me a nod. “So I’ll just say the exact plan when we start on Wednesday okay? I need to—“ My words were cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I excuse myself for a while and took it. It was Iseul. “What? I’m in the lab.” I lie right away. “Yes, I know but you see, Yohan’s having tantrums right now. Honey, he wants to buy this big toy car but it’s the same with his toy at home. He’s—well, you could hear it.” She tells and indeed, I could hear my son’s loud crying on the other end.

“You mean the toy car that he can ride?” I ask. “Yes. You know how bad I am at this. I’ll just end up giving in but it’s not practical, he already has it but he saw another kid playing with it and now he wants it. I swear it’s the same with his toy.” She explains. Her voice sounded very worried, I know she is. “Okay but—wait, mall right? W-which mall? Did you bring your car?” I ask and once she told me the name of the mall I gulp. But they only took the bus and so I know the best choice is to go there. The mall right beside this café. Good thing she left first before I did or we could have met here and I’m dead. “Okay, I’ll come there as fast as I can. I just got out.” I tell while nibbling with my bottom lip.

“I thought you’re working?” She asks. “Y-yes but. . . I’m worried so—just wait for me there. Okay? Bye bye.” I cut the call right away and went back to the table. “Guys, I’m really thankful for you to still come although we need to cut this off short. Also, I just found out Iseul’s at the mall besides this café, I initially thought she went to the other one. So |I think it’s better if we’d separate now.” I explain and they both nodded.

So I bid goodbye to them.

And to avoid being too obvious, I stayed in that café for a few more minutes before actually leaving.

 

Arriving at the store Iseul was at, I saw her standing by one corner and Yohan was there scooting down, all in his tantrum mode. “Kyung-ah. . .” Iseul muffles and grabs me by my arm. She begins crying while hiding her face on my chest. She really gets distressed when Yohan would act like this, she hates disciplining him with authority the most. She gets emotional easily. I glance down at Yohan and gently push my wife away from me for a while. “Yohan-ah.” I coo softly and kneel down to his level. His eyes remained down the floor. “Do Yohan, look at Appa.” I hold his hands and he begins crying again. “Look at me, Yohan.” I gently put a finger on his chin and made him look up.

He’s already agape while having that awfully crying face.

I am not even starting anything yet.

Well, he knows me.

“I want you to look at me. Appa will say something so Yohan will look at me.” I instruct and his lips quiver as he finally meets eyes with me. “Why are you sad?” I ask and he points at a certain direction right away. “Eomma not want buy, Yohannie wants car. . . Eomma. . . eomma always s-say no no no.  . . Yohan not happy.” He explains in between sobs. “Sweetie, it isn’t like that. . .” Iseul muffles in between sobs and I put a hand up to stop her from coming only to show her weak state to the kid. It won’t help. I hold my son’s small face and make him look straight at me again. “You already have the same toy at home. You don’t even play with it often. We’re not buying it.” I make my every word clear enough for him.

He begins shaking his head but I hold his body down to make him still. “We are not buying it.” I repeat myself in a gentle yet still authoritative way. “I want car. . . Appa, car. . . Car.” He starts squirming more and that’s when I lift him up to my arms. “We will go home.” I tell and I signal Iseul to follow behind. “Appa! Car! I want car!” Yohan cries hard but I ignore him this time and just continue walking. “K-kyungsoo, let’s just buy it.” Iseul muffles in fear. “He can’t always get what he wants. Han Iseul, you shouldn’t always show him that he wins. See, crying like that made him want to win the toy even more. We can’t spoil him at all times.” I scold my wife as well as we leave the mall.

Arriving at my car, I place Yohan at the back seat on his toddler chair. “A-appa. . . car.” He cries more as I tuck him on the seatbelt. I look at him and hold his face again. “If we buy the same toy, you won’t pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter