Emergency Crisis

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“We’re friends right?”

Why is she asking me this? Yes, we’ve been friends for over three months now, doesn’t she know how to count? I absently looked at her in confusion but gave a curt nod immediately. I couldn’t read her mind right now, she looked somewhat sad or is it? I am not quite sure of what that expression tells. All I know is that. . . I hate seeing her with such face.

“You know. . . just this morning when I was out, a. . . a guy friend uhm. . . kind of asked me out.” She then mutters. Guy? A guy asked her out? Somehow, I didn’t know how to respond to that. I couldn’t figure it out. Whatever I felt the moment she said those words. . . was a first for me. I just looked at her still absently, my mind was all blank for the first time.

It feels as if my tongue had been glued onto my palate.

I don’t. . . know.

All I know is that I feel weak all around my body right now.

I didn’t even realize myself that I gave a nod immediately. It was an automatic respond that even I couldn’t tell if was sincere or not. “So uh. . . we’re going out to watch a movie. Tomorrow afternoon. It’s like a. . . date.” She adds.

I need to compose myself because I don’t even know why I’m being like this deep inside of me.

I turn my head down to her low table by the couch we were sitting at, my eyes darting down my mug of coffee. It somewhat gave even just a tad bit of relieve to move my sight away from hers. But like I said, just a tad bit. Whatever this is, I don’t like it. I don’t like even a single feeling of it. “I-it’s alright with you?” She speaks again and I could see from my peripheral view that she was trying to peek at my face.

That made me grab my mug abruptly and take a sudden sip which even I didn’t expect. My tongue burned but I acted unaffected as I gulp in the strong taste of the coffee. As I gulp it in, I finally had the heart to turn to her. “Yes, of course. Which movie are you going to watch? Is there a new one?” I ask.

I am honestly not interested to know.

I just needed to ask.

There is no apparent reason, at least for what I know.

She looks away from me while smiling and muffling. “Maybe. . . W-whatever movie, maybe the new ones there. A-as long as we w-watch it together right? He’s. . . he’s a nice guy. A-and. . . a fun one.” She tells and I feel my fingers gripping tighter onto the handle of the mug. Suddenly, she stands up while chuckling. “Anyway~ I need to have my beauty sleep for tomorrow. I’m p-pretty excited. Sorry, could you go home now?” She adds and glances down at me with her excited grin.

She’s excited.

For a guy.

I am not that guy.

She called it a date.

What is this.

For the past three months, a certain heat has always been reaching my face, my stomach and my chest area but it’s just now that this heat didn’t actually feel good. As far as I am concerned, it always felt good to have this heat, but now I am currently hating its every sensation.

It is hurting my system. Every inch of it.  

I take a stand as well and drank the remaining content of my mug in one shot and my already burned tongue got that painful touch of the liquid again, that I already feel numb. “H-hey, it’s hot.” I hear her muffle in concern whilst I drinking but I just went on until I finished the whole mug. Once I was done, a deep hiss of air came out of my mouth.

It was very painful.

The tongue, I mean.

“Thanks for the coffee. I don’t want to be disrespectful and leave it full.” I speak while breathing hard. “Y-yeah, sure.” She answers back and turn her sight away from me immediately. “Bye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter