Guess Not

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I do not know how I ended up in this situation.

I was so ecstatic to go back home and have my wife and son for myself again.

And here I am apparently ending up nursing my apparently injured wife.

Why is she so clumsy?

Well, dinner just finished, I had to cook instead of course. Now, I’m ready to help her take a bath. Her injury isn’t that serious, nothing broke but still. “Iseul-ah, the water’s prepared. Come here now.” I turn to the opened door of the bathroom and call out for her. “Iseul?” I call for the second time. Leaving the tub first, I peek at the door and saw her sitting there on the bed while staring in space. “What? Han Iseul.” I call and she finally turns.

“I said water’s ready, what’s wrong with you?” I ask and wipe the sweats on my forehead. She plainly shakes her head before standing up. She walked over to me but didn’t meet my eyes. I glance at the bed then back to her. “You really finished unpacking my luggage? I told you, it’s fine.” I said and follow her in. She sat on the edge of the tub so I bend down to her shirt but she just pushed my hand down and undid it herself with one hand.

“Are you sleepy already? The medication might be working in a few.” I knelt down in front of her and held onto her kneecaps. “Aigoo. . . What would I do if you were injured more seriously than this. . .” I tell softly and her cheek. “Next time, be more careful okay? What if Baekhyun wasn’t around earlier. . . this might have wors—“I think I can take a bath alone. You go out now.” She stands up shoving me away lightly as she removes her shirt.

“I know it’s just sprain but it’s still hard to take a bath with one hand. Iseul, just let me help.” I said and grab her healthy hand. “I said I can do it. You’re tired, just get out.” She yanks away from my grip and went to the vanity sink. I watch as she struggles washing her face with one hand. “Iseul?” I call out, sensing something. “Just get out, I’ll call you if I need something.” She muffles.

In the end, I just did as she said.

She’s acting tough again. As expected of her, she wouldn’t want to look like a weak patient.

Just let her be, I don’t want any argument, you know.

 

So I patiently waited on our bed, constantly checking the door of the bathroom, waiting for her to call or something but she didn’t. She acquired nearly an hour of time to wash up and I knew she had a hard time. I had the strong urge to just enter but I know she would get mad. When I finally saw her coming out, she had the towel wrapped around her body. She walks straight to the closet and so I stood up and followed her.

“Did you have a hard time?” I put my hands on her bare and damp shoulders as she takes out some new clothes. “You know. . . it was barely a week of seminar but I really missed you. . .” I lean closer until my lips was on the crook of her neck. She smelt very nice – Strawberry. I really like it. I begin kissing her neck as I reach for the hem of the towel to remove it down until she let out a hiss of air, like she was irritated. “I’m not in the mood. You know I’m injured.” She mutters before turning to the other side of the closet and begins dressing up.

“Sorry. . .” I rub the back of my neck as I lean on the closet. “Can’t we do it? I won’t touch your injured hand.” I try to persuade her nicely but she acted as if I didn’t say anything. When she was all dressed up, she walked out of the room. I still follow her. “Iseul, okay fine, let’s just do it next time. I’m not pushing it.” I coo and try to reach for her but she was moving farther until she arrived at the door of Yohan’s room.

She peeks inside and I did the same. “He’s already asleep. Let’s go now, you need to re—“He might wake up at midnight, I’ll sleep here.” She enters and closed the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter