I Am That Fine

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Honey.”

I lift my head from the bag I was packing and see my wife stretching her arms up, she just woke up. She quickly sits up and crawls to the edge of the bed near me. “Do you need any help?” She asks with her groggy voice. “No, it’s okay, I’m jus—“Eomma Appa. . .” The both of us turn and saw our adorable son standing by the opened door of our bedroom. He was rubbing his eyes with his tiny fingers while skipping towards us. “Good morning baby.” Iseul gets off the bed and went to the toddler to lift him up.

“I’ll make breakfast.” Iseul mutters at me and gave me a light pat on my back. I move close to them and gave Yohan a kiss on the cheek before letting them leave. To be honest, I am not quite in a great mood today. It upsets me that I’ll be away for a few days just because of a seminar. Ever since Iseul and I got married, I haven’t been away from her in such similar circumstances as this so I do not like it at all cost.

But it’s not as if I have a choice.

I could already hear Yohan’s favorite TV show from outside and also the sound of the casserole, Iseul’s starting with her daily routine. It upsets me more. I usually go out, watch with Yohan or help Iseul at the kitchen then after breakfast, I’ll prepare for work. But now, I can’t do that since I’ll leave by around nine. I could have gone earlier with the others but I was informed that they already left earlier at seven so I was left with the new professor.

As if it’s such a shocker, when did I ever have a nice relationship with those piece of disappointments who feel nothing for me but envy.

I’ve long expected that they won’t join me along in the van anyway.

Well that’s alright, it gave me more time to prepare and spend with my family even just a bit.

As I continue on with folding my shirts, I usually bring a lot although I’ll only be away for a few days since I change and wash up quite frequently because that’s common sense of a faultless hygiene, the door opens again and it was my wife. “I’ll make Yohan porridge, what do you want?” She asks as she walks straight to the bathroom. She leaves the door open as she washes her face. “I’m not really hungry yet. Perhaps, I could eat on the way there.” I answer and glance at her briefly. “Have you said goodbye to your son?” She asks before starting to brush her teeth.

I heave a sigh and scratch my neck.

“I haven’t told him yet. Let’s not tell him, he’ll cry.” I answer before turning to my bag again. She didn’t answer for a while as she was brushing her teeth but when she was done, she steps out of the bathroom while wiping with a hand towel. “Yah, if he gets mad at me for letting you leave and not say anything. . .” She gives me a side look and walks over to me.

“Just tell him when I’m gone so it won’t be too heavy on my chest to leave.” I answer back. “How about my chest? How do you expect me to calm him down later on? Yah, just tell him earlier, he hasn’t experienced this before.” She complains and runs her fingers on my scalp to fix my hair. “You’re the mother you can do it better. I’m bad at comforting, I might end up staying. Just tell him later when I leave. C’mon, you can do it.” I insist and she flicks her tongue in annoyance.

“Han Iseul.” I call as she turns around with that face. “I swear if he gets upset at me. Aish. . . I’ve been telling you since last night to just tell him beforehand, you won’t listen to me.” She groans before going out again. I flop down the bed and stare in space. Who wants to part with their little ones? No one, not even a dog does. It’s feels very heavy on the chest just by thinking about it alone.

So I finish packing my clothes up and change into my casual attire. I just wore a shirt today since it doesn’t seem too cold today, well probably later on it will be so why not grab the chance that it isn’t yet.

When I came out, I hear Iseul talking at the kitchen. “Appa not sleep here. Appa will be outside. Does Yohan understand?” She tells, I couldn’t hear the first part but I already knew she already spilled it out. I stand by the entrance of the kitchen while staring at her. “Yah, I told you not to tell him.” I speak which made her turn to me. She was currently helping Yohan to eat on his baby meal chair. I walk over to them and bend down to my pouting son.

Alright, my chest is starting to feel heavy already.

I grab his small face and kiss both sides of his cheeks before turning away immediately. I made a blowfish as I walk to the fridge. “He’ll eventually search for you too, what am I going to say?” Iseul explains back. I take out a bottle of water and turn around to them again. I open the cap before drinking, my eyes on Iseul’s. “Your clothes are too thin. You know how moody the weather can be nowadays. It’s hot right now later it’s very cold.” She tells and I stop drinking and close the bottle again. I tap my hand on my bag. “Jacket’s inside.” I assure her.

Seeing her upset face, I walk over to her and she looks up.

I put my hand over to her shoulders as I stare at Yohan who was struggling to hold his spoon and was messily eating the porridge himself. Iseul’s arm reaches up to my waist, holding me back just as close. “If the weather’s nice later, I’ll bring him out to the park. Should I?” She asks. “Sure but if he gets irritated leave right away.” I tell. I always get worried when Yohan acts uncomfortable with people around him. We barely bring him out to parks because of such reason.

I feel iseul’s head on the side of my waist as she looks at Yohan as well. The same expression as mine, I know she’s also concerned about that. “Why can’t he just get your outgoing personality. Why mine. . .” I sigh heavily and I felt Iseul’s light tap on my tummy which made me chuckle solemnly. “Don’t think like that. It’s not your fault. He’s only nineteen months old and besides, isn’t he the sweetest at the same time?” She asks and I respond with a real smile this time. I reach to her hair and her head as she hugs me completely on the waist like a kid.

“Perhaps he did get something from you too huh.” I coo and pull her up to stand. I grab her wrists and put her arms around my neck before pulling her close by the small of her back. “Yes, I’m the sweetest.” She responds, the tips of our noses touching. “Not actually.” I give a gentle smile as our lips brush upon each other and she gives me that tempted look while looking down to my lips. “I mean, the way he sees food with so much enthusiasm. He never refuses on any kind of food.” I finish my sentence and that’s when she pouted.

“Why are you like that. . . so bad.” She whines while hitting me on the chest. I just chuckle before sealing her lips with mine. I will miss this woman for a few days, I hate this feeling too. Our short moment was interrupted when Yohan begins calling in a whiny way. Iseul and I both look down to see him having his arms all up for a carry. “Ahh~ He wasn’t to join the cuddle.” Iseul coos and lets go of me first before lifting my son up.

Iseul lets the toddler be sandwiched by our hug and I am starting to feel Yohan’s tight grip on me. “Appa come. . .” The toddler muffles while looking straight at me with his pleading eyes. I knew it. So I take him from Iseul and sighed. “Look at how he clutches on my shirt, I told you not to tell him I’ll leave.” I speak while glancing down at Yohan who was looking up straight at me still with that expression.

I sway him side to side while look back. I can’t be faltered though it breaks my heart not to give in to this kind of face he was giving me. . . “No, Appa has to leave.” I softly coo and nuzzle my nose against his. I see how his pout even worsen as he places his head on my chest. “Omo, he looks so sad.” I hear Iseul muffle in worry while patting the toddler’s back. “Just distract him throughout the day.” I said and move close to give Yohan back to his mom but he won’t let go. He was holding onto my shirt tightly.

“Yohan-ah, let Appa go. C’mon, Appa’s clothes will rip. Ne?” Iseul tries convincing the baby with her curved brows. I know she’s trying to be calm at this situation. Yohan was about to cry, I could see it in his face as he looks at me. And once he begins bawling, my heart begins feeling heavy. “A-appa not go!” He screams in between sobs and was holding me tight. “Aish. . . Iseul-ah.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter