Progress

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“May we be friends again?”

There, I said it. I had to hold onto the edge of my desk to refrain myself from buckling through my words. I briefly gaze at the tarts she has just delivered straight in my lab office. I ordered twenty pieces of ‘em just so I could get another chance to see her.

She doesn’t have any idea how long I mustered all the courage in me to call her twice, same method and same reason from a few days ago.

This time only, I actually succeeded on delivering my main motive.

I see her growing grin while looking back at me. I don’t like that look, I want her to stop. “Alright, so it’s not really the tarts?” She asks teasingly which made me roll my eyes immediately.

Why is she too proud of herself? I don’t adore people like that.

I’m not even like that.

Right? You all know very well how humble I am from head to toe; I am a walking modesty and reticence. She should stop with that confident stare she has or else.

“I will still pay the tarts, don’t react excessively.” I answer back before walking her way. Somehow, I felt calmer now as I neared her compared to our previous encounter a few days ago. She did that adorable tip-toe action similar to a ballerina’s while grinning at me. Mignon. “So you want to be friends again even if I said we won’t work?” She asks still with that look. I don’t want her to stop smiling. She shouldn’t stop smiling like this.

Mignon.

I keep saying that, what is this.

“You said it, I didn’t.” I answer back before giving her the payment for the tart but then she only put her hands up in defense, not getting the bills. “Woah woah woah~” She grunts with an incredulous face. “You don’t even know how to flatter a woman with your heart. Why wouldn’t I say it?” She scoffs.

Hasn’t she moved on from my Lord of the Rings tagline?

Doesn’t she know that it’s one of the most romantic sentences I’ve ever heard? That is the main reason why I chose to tell her that.

Whatever that line made me feel when I watched the movie. . .

She made me feel when I’m with her.

So I said it. She should be proud. But not too proud, I don’t like overly proud people, they are just too much to handle. They are very dislikable. Just the right amount of pride. Just like mine for an instance.

“I can’t understand why females like preposterous things like that. Flattery words don’t prove anything.” I answer back. She was open-mouthed for a second but no words came out of her system. Don’t tell me she doesn’t understand my point? That is literally a common sense. Do words alone prove anything? No. Actions do. “What?” I ask while raising a brow. She blinks like a kid and I don’t want her to stop giving me that expression. Mignon. . .

Good Lord, why do I keep saying that.

“B-but. . .” She muffles. “But still—“I am quite fond of you. There, I said it.” I cut her off and I feel my heart rapidly beating when I let out those words. You don’t know how much walls I just kicked out of my system just to say that sentence. That would probably be the most romantic thing I have ever said that didn’t come from a movie but straight from my heart.

I have a heart.

Although other people told me I don’t have it.

I do have it.

And it’s currently beating so fast right now.

I let myself be immersed in her eyes after saying that. But she only gave me a grimace. “Woah there?~  That’s all you can say? Quite fond? You had to find a chance to say such thing?” She asks back. Critically speaking, I do want to find out if all girls think like this? Why do they lack of appreciation?

Does she even have any idea how romantic the sentence I just told her is?

I would never imagine saying that sentence again to another person besides her, does she know that?

I turn to my left trying to suppress the urge to get mad. I don’t want to get mad and eventually shoo her away. I don’t have the heart to buy another set of pastries that I won’t eat just to see her. It’s not practical and it will cost money. I don’t have the heart to let go of this chance again. So I turn to her once more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter