Another Step

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where’s my lip balm?”

Currently, Iseul and I are packing her pregnancy bag for hospital much earlier than her actual due date. It’s better to be primed too early than too rushed. “I put it in here already—“Why’d you put it there, I still use it. Just put it in the car compartment.” She whines and pushes me aside from the bag and took it out. “Just use another one, use that new one in the hospital. We don’t know how long will you be staying there, it’s very dry in hospitals.” I tell. “I don’t want to. I like this one.” She muffles and even uses it for real. She stares at me while putting the lip balm on.

“Yah, you have so many of those balls. Use the others.”

“It’s called EOS. You don’t even know.” She grunts. “Jellyfish, it’s the brand.” I scoff before turning back to the bag. “Wait—yah, are you running away? Why did you put all of your sweaters here?” I look up to her again and begin taking out some. “Put that back on—yah!” She whines in panic and put the sweaters back in. “The other things won’t fit, Iseul you can’t bring them all.” I said and stopped her. “You said we don’t know how long we’ll stay there right? What if—“I’ll just wash it for you then use it again.” I cut her off.

“But I don’t know which one to pick so it’s better if I bring them all.” She tells. I groan loudly and collapse down the bed while massaging my temples. “Ahh, Han Iseul.” I whimper in exhaustion. “What did I do again?” She asks and slaps my tummy. “When will you run out of answers huh?” I look at her with my disbelieving chuckle. “Yah! As if you’re not the same, oh??” She begins nagging again and I put covered both of my ears and turn my body away from her. “Ah seriously—just because of sweaters. Ahhh~ so annoying.” She grunts and shoves my body away more like she was making spring rolls out of me.

I begin laughing as she tries covering me with the comforter as if it’s the wrapper.

“Go away, I will pack it myself.” She tells. “No—Iseul Yah, stop. No!” I laugh and try to escape from the comforter. I succeeded on escaping and quickly pin her down. Well, not really the actual pinning down that I usually do. She has a big shield now, her big tummy. She was giggling as she holds onto my shoulders. “You’re so cute with your double chin.” I mutter and even pinch the fat under her chin. I see her face darken in seconds and she pushes me off.

“Hey, I was just playing arou—“Playing around bullying me??” She asks. “Not again. I won’t say it again. Let’s just continue—“No. I will do this on my own.” She turns to the bag with a big frown. I just stayed there while staring at her back figure. “Iseul. . .” I coo and poke her back. She hisses and tries to hit my hand but I hid it right away. “I’m tired. Fold these.” She suddenly stops halfway through folding the FIRST shirt she was folding. She’s just on the first one.

She lies down comfortable and points at the bag signalling me to continue it. “Yes, Ma’am.” I crawl back to the luggage and do the work again. “I’ll take some of these coats okay? Iseul, I’m serious. You can’t bring these all.” I ask politely and she finally nods although she was still frowning. “Yah, stop nagging and frowning. In two months, you’re giving birth. Yohan can hear you already.” I softly add and her big tummy.

“Yes but he’s on Eomma’s side. He knows it’s because Appa is annoying.” She still had the time to answer back and I put my hands up admitting defeat. “I have nothing else to say. Say what you want to say.” I tell and just diligently worked on the bag. Ever since she got pregnant I have been nice to her. I let her win always. She should be thankful she’s pregnant. I am not actually this nice in arguments—even to her back then—but I will let her off.

“Kyungsoo.” She calls out making me stop. I lie down sideways and her tummy. “Yes, what is it again.” I tell with a chuckle. “Leave some space for the snacks. I heard from Soomi’s eomma that I will get hungry after labor.” She tells. “Tch. You’re always hungry.” I answer back and she shoots me a dagger glare. I clear my throat and quickly shake my head. “My humor has been off these days. Not again.” I tell and she sighs before nodding.

“Have you picked the baby car seat up?”

She then sits up and I do the same to help her. I guide her to lean comfortable on the headboard of the bed. She crosses her legs before holding onto her tummy. “Kyungsoo.” She calls and our eyes meet. We were silent for a second before she speaks. “I’m scared.” She tells with a solemn tone. I crawl near her and put my arm over her head. “It’s not like I won’t be there.” I hush and peek at her face. She was staring in space and I know thoughts have been building up to her for the past few weeks.

Perhaps, the reason of her irritated mood.

“Why, you said you’re not that kind of doctor.” She mutters. “That was years ago okay.” I grunt and she smiles but I know she still had a lot in mind. It was evident on her expression. I reach for her tummy and it with my free hand. “Do Yohan. . . once you see him, I’m sure it will all be brushed away.” I tell. She leans her head more to me and sighs. “Love you. . .” She muffles while covering her eyes with two hands.

She begins crying softly.

I hug her close and rub her arm. “S-so scared, I’m so scared. . .” She sobs hard and hugs me back. I just keep silent this time for her to let it all out. She’s been acting tough and I know she isn’t. “Kyungsoo, I’m so s-scared.” She looks up to me with her tear-stained face. “You know, I prefer your nagging than seeing this.” I mutter and wipe her tears with my thumb. “I’m so scared.” She cries hard like a kid while latching on my shoulders tightly.

To be very honest, I don’t know how to react nor what to say. . .

I was scared myself.

Scared for my s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter