More To Me

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you know that Sir Isaac Newton is believed to have died a ?”

Here I am informing my fiancée with a random fact. She asked for it.  She said she misses my facts and that was the first thing that came to mind. I don’t really know why. Perhaps because I am currently in the study of human reproductive system disorders. “Really?” Her eyes dilate in surprise. I briefly stop from typing and give her a nod. As if she cares, for all I know she doesn’t even know him. “Wait, who is he again?” She asks, her eyes twitching in curiosity.

See?

I know her like my palmar creases.

I roll my eyes at her before answering. “He’s an English physicist and Mathematician and a key figure in the scientific revolution.” I roughly explain. “Ah. . . okay.” She mutters while curtly nodding, Mignon. “And do you know, he’s born on the 4th of January in the New Style date? Told you.” I snap a finger while chuckling before facing down my laptop screen once again. She is very lucky to be born on the same month as Sir Isaac newton and I, she should feel honored.

“Wait, so he died young?” She then asks again. “He died at eighty-four.” I briefly answer, my eyes were fixated on the screen, still. “Are you ing with me right now??” She exclaims, pulling herself up from the chair and even slams her hand on the table. Did she by any chance eat an aphrodisiac food causing her to feel very giddy right now all of a sudden or is she simply. . . ually attracted to me right now? I look at her with my sympathetic eyes. “No, I am not ing with you right now because I have a lot of work to do.” I decline her tempting offer before looking back down my laptop.

She flops back down her chair.

“Y-yes, I know. I was just surprised. . . You know that’s my expression.” She muffles while scratching her neck. Oh, okay. Now I feel horrible. So she isn’t ually attracted to me today, I thought she was. I shouldn’t have worn my glasses today but I had to since I am working. She grows silent for a little while which gave me a chance to be engrossed with my research once more.

Until her speaking competence got activated yet again.

”But he surely ed, right?” She asks. Good lord, she did not just state such ludicrous accusation to a legend. A history. One of the heroes of Science. I look at her in distraught. She blinks and points at me. “This if your fault. You made me think about it. Now I’m so intrigued.” She explains with a big pout and a prideful pair of eyes. I feel one side of my mouth twitching up as I mockingly stare at her.

“Wow. My fiancée’s thinking about some other man’s ual activities. Have I lost that much time already?” I ask. She glares at me shortly before standing up. “Whatever.” She muffles and walks to my side on the dining table. I feel her arms as she hugs me on the neck from behind. She must be upset. First, because I promised her I would work in her place but here were are in mine instead. I just asked her to come since the university president had to skype me for a private meeting earlier—I had to stay because my piles of files and references that the president asked from me were all in my shelves and it’s not like I can bring them all to her house, it’ll be a mess—so I couldn’t leave right away.

But I don’t think she minds, we’re together right now. That’s what matters.

I stop typing as our cheeks touch. I gaze at her from the side. “If you want to go home it’s alright with me. I’m not forcing you to be here.” I tell although I don’t want her to leave. I might not have the time to hang out or cuddle with her right now but her simple presence is what I need. She simply shakes her head while staring in space.

“What’s bothering you?” I ask right away. She pauses for a second as she buries her face on the crook of my neck. I feel her breath on my skin when she sighed deeply. I could already feel my brows quivering, ready to meet at the center as I wait for her to answer. “Appa finally replied.” I hear her mutter with a very solemn tone.

That’s. . . a good thing right?

I pull her arms away from my neck and grab her down to my lap instead. She sits on my thighs in sideways while she turns her head to me. “Really? Then that’s good. What did he say?” I try to sound as optimistic as possible but it worries me that she is frowning. I reach for her twitched eyebrows and straighten them up. Her lips begin quivering as she looks back at me. Her eyes were glittering with tears. “H-he said. . . ‘Good for you. Do you need money?’ j-just that.” She softly tells and that’s when she burst out of tears while burying her face on my neck.

I feel blank for a second, my ears faintly receiving the painful sensation of the sound of her cries.

I bet she actually tried holding this in since earlier but failed.

I really need to schedule my travel to Daegu now.

Frankly, I did not like how her father replied as if she was some pet and forgive me but I don’t know what I might end up doing or saying if I confirm that he is not a favorable father.

Han Iseul doesn’t deserve such approach. No child does. . .

 

_ _ _

 

My only free time is today because later tonight is already my flight to Malaysia with the team.

I am going to talk to him once and for all.

I will try my best to act normal and polite because he’s my woman’s father but if he shows me otherwise, I could not pledge any sincerity nor kindness in my tone or expressions later on.

Ever since I lost my parents, my family. . . I have no one to care for. I am not even kidding around or overreacting when I say Han Iseul is the only person I care for right now. She’s the only person I have whom I know won’t ever leave me.

And it pains me to see her being dejected because of a person whom I know she cares for very much.

 

I arrive pretty early than expected since I went in the later morning. I just have to use my acting skills so that I could get to him. It’s not like I would introduce myself as Mr. Kang’s future son-in-law when he doesn’t even ‘have’ a daughter in the public’s eyes.

Good Lord, am I too obvious that I do not favor him?

I should control myself better.

But anyway, it’s not like she has the right to judge if I am fit to be Iseul’s husband or not.

I am more than fit to be Iseul’s husband. . . or anyone’s husband.

And it’s Iseul’s choice so I am not nerv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter