Shall Not Doubt

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oh, Dr. Do, did you even sleep? You know we’re going to have a seminar today, right?”

I absently nod at my fellow professor, Dr. Jeon Seho, who is going to be my seatmate in this long ride to a rural province for our university seminar and retreat. “You look like you didn’t sleep though? You look really unwell.” He still tells and I had the urge to groan at him but I am not like that. “I’m fine.” I briefly answer with finality before turning away, towards the van window. I did not want to further this conversation with him.

Because he is right.

He is completely right.

I did not sleep at all last night because I feel unwell.

I have never felt this kind of pain before.

It was fairly similar to back when I lost my parents but this is a different one.

It still feels different in a lot of aspects.

“Ooh~ maybe a girl problem.” Another fellow professor of mine who was seated at our front area tells and they were all chuckling while looking at my direction. I gave all of them a defiant look before looking away. “Why, does Dr. Do have a girlfriend?” Another one asks and they started talking about me IN FRONT of me which I find very uncouth but I just kept my silence for their sake. Also, I don’t have that much energy to still argue back. I feel sick all over my body. “Don’t worry, Dr. Do. If that’s the case, I understand you. My girlfriend also broke up with me last week.” One of your youngest professor, Dr. Yook Jiyoung, speaks which got my attention.

“She’s actually my first girlfriend. We’ve been together since high school and one night she just told me we were done.” He explains and the whole atmosphere got quiet. Our female professors were all frowning, pitying the boy. We were done. So he was told the same thing. Does it mean Iseul really broke up with me? It’s impossible. . . “S-she said, you were done?” I ask not caring if they talk about me more. “Yup.” He sighs. “She wanted more, she wanted something new, she’s tired of being with me for over ten years now. . . she doesn’t want to see me again. She’s actually living today, going to the States with her family.” He answers.

“Aw, poor guy. It’s alright.” Some of the professors start comforting him. “Wait—if she broke up with you, it means you won’t see her again?” I ask. They all responded with a chuckle. “Well. . . I suppose?” Prof. Jinyoung answers. My heart starts throbbing painfully as I lean back on my seat. “W-well. . . then it’s not my problem.” I answer but my voice came out stuttered. I did not pay attention to them again and just looked at the window the whole time. It’s improbable. I am not allowing her not to allow me to see her again. So I am in no similarity of Professor Yook’s problem.

It’s not a break up.

She did not break up with me.

She’s just mad and needs to calm down first.

 

_ _ _

 

Just my luck.

The moment we arrived at the rural area of the province, our phone signals got cut off. I was just planning to call Iseul. “If you really need it, there’s a store here that has a phone but you need to walk for an hour.” The attendant of the motel we’re staying in tells. “You’re a motel, you’re supposed to have a phone. Such ign—“It’s alright. . . Let’s go up now.” Our oldest professor, Dr. Han holds me on the arm. “Sorry, Sir. Our line is under repair right now but we usually have phones.” The attendant explains and bows as we go.

We went into the elevator together since the others already went up.

As the two of us stand side by side in this small space, Dr. Han speaks.

“You know. . . accepting what the girl you love really wants shows how much you love her.” He tells. He must have listened in the van earlier. He was just quiet, probably because of our s. “P-professor, it’s not my problem, really.” I answer but I avoid his eyes as much as possible. “And also, denial is one factor of why relationships get cracked.” He adds with a hearty chuckle. That made me look down as I could not answer anymore. “She didn’t break up with me. We just fought.” I mutter, my mouth barely opening.

“Well if that’s the case, then you can just let her cool down first. But if it’s the other one which you’ve been denying since earlier. . . do what makes her happy.” He tells. “It’s impossible to do if it’s the other case because I am the one who makes her happy.” I correct him. “Alright alright~ I won’t argue with that. Fine.” He tells while chuckling. “Professor, I hope you won’t tell this to anyone.” I plead and he gave me a reassuring now and patted my arm. “Sure. But listen to what I said okay?” He tells and so I just give a nod.

But it’s really not my problem.

I don’t believe it is.

 

_ _ _

 

Cutting the stressful seminar trip we had in Daegu, I arrived back in Seoul and right after I did, I went home to wash up before driving straight to Iseul’s place. For the past week, I haven’t contacted her and I really felt sick. It has been my habit to communicate with her so I didn’t feel really well for the whole week. I believe she has cooled down already, right? One week is more than enough and I read in a book that psychologically speaking, two persons in love can’t get mad with each other for more than two days and if they can, they don’t love each other enough.

So I believe she isn’t angry anymore.

I am pretty much excited to meet up with her again after one week.

Because she isn’t mad anymore and we can go out on a date. Actually the other time before I left for Daegu, I saw a newly opened café and I know Iseul would like it. I even made a reminder note in my phone because I might forget which place I found it in.

And also, there’s a university party tomorrow and a lot of female professors were asking me to be their date but I don’t want to. I already told them I will go with my girlfriend so I am going to tell her that so she can prepare for her dress earlier. I am sure she would be excited to prep up and do her makeup just like always.

That’s why I want her to go.

She likes dressing up although she never said that.

It’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter