Part 1 of Brown

My Love Riri

 

The clouds were like marshmallows, Seungri thought as he looked out at the window. If he jumped from the plane right now will he land gently on the soft clouds just like Peter Pan did? He chuckles. Probably not. He's probably gonna die a horrific death. 

Youngbae was snoring beside him, mouth open. He took a quick photo and giggled by himself. His eyes then caught a glimpse of Jiyong on the photo, sitting quietly across Youngbae. Without realizing, his eyes moves on to the real Jiyong. He had his earphones on, quietly singing along to the music. Seungri just stared. And Jiyong catches his eyes. 

.

"What?" Jiyong asked nonchalantly, taking off his earphones.

Seungri's heart jumped a little. "Nothing," he smiles.

Jiyong puts his earphones back and went back to singing. Seungri frowned as he looked at the mushy clouds again. Weird. 

 

**

Seungri gulped down the fizzy drink with urgency as his nose puffed out stinging air from the strong liquid. He wiped off the beer dripping off of his chin.

"You okay?" Youngbae stared at him in amusement.

"Do I look in' okay?" Seungri pointed a finger on his tomato face. Drunk as a skunk. "in' hell, asking if I'm okay. Stupid Youngbae," he muttered underneath his breath.

Youngbae chuckled. "I heard that!" he crosses his arms as Seungri rolled his eyes. 

"Shut up! Let me drink in peace!"

Seungri scoots over to the opposite side of the couch, away from Youngbae. The music was loud, the speakers vibrating with every beat from the EDM song. Why the does he need listen to this? Seungri frowned growing grumpier with every second. Stupid Youngbae. Stupid music. He should've just drank at his own house. Why did he have to go at this guy's place?

"Missed call from My Love Riri with heart emojis,"

Youngbae's voice echoes in his ears and Seungri squirms from embarrassment. 

"What the !" Seungri stands up, his blood rushing up on his ears.

Youngbae's explosive laughter made Seungri's face even hotter than it already was.

"That's it, I'm leaving!"

"No wait!" Youngbae latched onto Seungri's arm. "Sorry!" he said soft chuckles coming out of his drunken mouth.

Wow. Can Youngbae get any more annoying than this? Seungri pressed the bridge of his nose as he sat back down, Youngbae's arm hanging on his shoulders. He could smell his hyung's breath strongly reeking of alcohol. The guy was equally drunk. Seungri wanted to slap that stupid grin off of his face. 

"It's all because of your stupid mouth," Seugri glared at him.

"What? Why me?"

"You just had to read my nickname outloud, huh?"

Youngbae laughs. How annoying. 

"Jiyong-hyung is so weird," Seungri mumbles. "What's wrong with him? He blurts out some insane words and now he's acting like nothing happened!"

"What. Did you expect him to chase after you? Sweep you off your feet?" Youngbae teases making kissy sounds.

" off," Seungri breaks out of Youngbae's clutch. 

Like hell I would.

_________
"Missed call from 'My Love Riri with heart emojis," Youngbae innocently spouts. 

Seunghyun stopped looking at furnitures on his phone. Daesung sits up from the couch.

And Jiyong. Frozen still. 

Seungri stood there with a stupid, confused face. Did he hear Youngbae right? Jiyong? Their Jiyong? The cold Jiyong who didn't give a damn about him? 

"..yeah," Jiyong almost whispered. 

"Excuse me?" Youngbae leans his ear forward.

Seunghyun with the deepest voice ever jumped in to the confusion. "The is happening?" he asked and then immediately goes back to furniture hunting.

Jiyong coughs. "I said yeah," he raises his voice. He's now back to his usual cool self. A proud look on his face as he crosses his arms. "So what?" he arches an eyebrow.

Huh? Seungri frowns. What? What is even happening now? Is Jiyong really balls to the walls crazy?

Youngbae chuckles out of confusion. "What?"

"Yeah," Jiyong smugly answers. "He's my love Riri, so what? Got any problem with it?"

"Wow.." Daesung utters in disbelief, staring at Jiyong as if he was some nutcase.

"That's right. He's MY love Riri. He's mine, and if anyone's got a problem with it, I don't ing care, okay?"

Jiyong casually steals one last glance at Seungri and then just like that he casually exited the room as if nothing happened.

Youngbae stared at the door, "what the just happened?"

"Beats me.." Daesung says, equally in a trance.

Seungri collapsed on the sofa, mouth open while staring blankly at the ceiling. Hah. He breathed out.

 

**

"Thank you Manila! Goodnight!" Seungri shouted through the microphone and gestured a heart sign with his fingers. They all bowed in unison before the shrieking crowd. It was an intense performace, sweat dripping all over their bodies. The humid country was as hot as the love of their fans for them. Seungri couldn't help but be grateful. 

"Damn what a crowd!" he exclaims as he hopped on the SUV. 

"Right?" Youngbae sat on the front seat. "But it is hot as hell here!" he fanned himself.

Seungri played with his lips, thinking what caption to write on his new Instagram post. Thank you Manila? No, that's too generic. I love you Manila? Too half hearted.

"What should I write as a caption, hyung?" he looked at Jiyong beside him.

Jiyong was also on his phone, texting somebody. "Hm?" he utters, passive. He was equally as sweaty as the rest. 

Seungri stares unknowingly.

"You're so sweaty, hyung!" Seungri chuckles as he hands Jiyong his hankerchief.

"Thanks," Jiyong says still looking on his phone.

"Welcome," he smiles as he watched Jiyong held on to the hankerchief, not even using it to wipe off his sweat. 

Did he even hear what I said? Seungri rolled his eyes.

"That's my favorite hankerchief, hyung," he points at the panda on the corner of the cloth. "Look. Cute, right? I'll give it to you," he grins proudly.

Jiyong smiles without moving his eyes away from his phone, "oh, haha. Right. Thanks."

Seungri smiles.

What the hell?

 

**

Seungri bounced his leg up and down, checking his phone's clock every minute. He was late. Very late. Bigbang was set to watch Winner's concert today, but Seungri woke up late. He hurries his driver, but traffic was bad. Seungri worries over Jiyong--he must be furious by now.

Seungri finally arrives at the venue, but it was already halfway through the performance. Jiyong glares at him as he stood beside the rest of Bigbang, and Seungri pretends not to notice. 

As expected of Winner, they were monsters on stage. Seungri watched in awe. Mino with his unbelievable charisma made his jaw drop. Seungyoon and his amazing vocals that stood out from the rest of the idols; Jinwoo with his charming face and voice; Seunghoon with such passionate dance skills. Seungri can't help but feel like a proud parent as he watched them kill it on stage.

The show ended perfectly, and Winner greets them backstage with beaming smiles. 

Oh, how cute. Seungri happily observed them as they all exchange greetings. 

"Wow, Mino!" Seungri exclaims. "look at that bod!" he jokes, gently patting Mino's six pack abs that bulged through his white wet shirt.

Mino laughs, "Ah, Seungri-hyung, you're not too bad yourself." 

Youngbae chuckles. "Yeah, right. Look at his flabby stomach," he rubs at Seungri's belly.

Seungri laughs. His ears turning red. Damn cheeky Youngbae. Now everyone's laughing at him. Seungri just hopes no one would notice that he's flustered. 

"Seungri-hyung is very handsome. A very good singer, and one of the best dancers out there, too," Mino says, making everyone in the room react positively.

What. An. Angel. Seungri was deeply moved.

"Come on here," He gestured for a hug as he jokingly cried. Everyone was giggly as he puts Mino inside his embrace. He pats the boy's head, "Just as expected our Mino. Such a nice kid."

"Stop that. Don't contaminate him," Youngbae pulls Mino out of his hug. Seungri laughs in disbelief. 

Youngbae was really getting on his nerves. But don't let it show, he reminds himself. I'll definitely get him next time. Not now. Not in front of the very cute dongsaengs.

Seungri threw a quick glare at Youngbae. Youngbae giggles.

"I'm feeling great today!" Seungri exclaims. " Let's all get sushi! My treat!" he said with a proud smile. The dongsaengs then applaud. Seungri grins. 

I'm such a generous hyung. Seungri thought to himself as they all walked together. Mino was behind him, and Seungri wanted to chat a little more with the charming kid. He slows down on his steps so he can walk beside him.

"You were great today," Jiyong hangs his arm on Mino.

Oh.. Okay?

Seungri shrugs it off. He continued to walk ahead of the two rappers engaging in a friendly talk.

 

**


"Brown."

Jiyong sat on the salon chair. "I want brown hair," he said to the hair stylist.

"What shade of brown? Ash? Chestnut?" the stylist asks him, putting on a plastic glove.

Jiyong scrolled through his phone. He shows the lady a photo, "exactly like this."

The woman squints her eyes at the phone. "Isn't that Seungri?"

Jiyong takes away his phone, ignoring the question. "Just do as I say," he frowns. 

The lady shrugs.

Jiyong warily looked around the room. When the coast cleared, he opens his Instagram application, clicks on the search bar and types away. 

"Good god," Jiyong huffs out a deep breath. "He's so ing cute..." He presses on the bridge of his nose in disbelief. 

Seungri had uploaded a new photo on his Instagram account. He was wearing a panda-printed pajamas while smiling sweetly in front of the camera. Seungri's brown hair looked so good on him, Jiyong almost cried.

", how can he be this cute? I ing swear to god," 

Jiyong screenshots Seungri's post. Goddamn. Seungri will be the death of him.

 


**

Seungri pulled Youngbae's ear. 

"Ow, what was that for?!" Youngbae slaps his hand off.

"Revenge for mocking me last time," Seungri smirks.

"God, you're so childish."

Seungri met with Youngbae earlier at a cafe. Both were too early for the rehearsal. Now they're a bit late because Youngbae talked too much. Seungri thought any more second of the guys' blabbing about how great his girlfriend is, his ears would've bled. He's so annoying. 

Jiyong, Seunghyun and Daesung were already in the room, already dolled up, hair styled and make up perfected. Youngbae chats with the stylist as soon as he sits on the chair in front of the mirror. He brags about his girlfriend again. Seungri rolls his eyes.

"You guys are late."

Seungri stops in his tracks.

It was Jiyong. He was sitting crossed-legged beside Seunghyun, busy with his phone. Seungri stared at him--his hair was also brown. The same shade of brown as his. 

"..you colored your hair again," Seungri gulped, unsure how to react.

"Yeah," Jiyong looks up at him. "Does it suit me?"

The guys watched as Jiyong and Seungri conversed with such awkward air. Youngbae cringes--he had to look away.

"Yeah, why DID you change your hair?" Seungyun butts in, inspecting Jiyong thoroughly with his eyes.

Jiyong frowns. "Can't I?"

Daesung chuckles in disbelief. "There's really no winning with you."

Seungri chuckles. Thank goodness Seunghyun butted in. His heart beated so fast, he was unsure if he could continue on with the conversation.

"You guys have the same hair color again," Seunghyun looks at Seungri and then back at Jiyong. "It's even styled the same," he says with a grin.

Goddamn Seunghyun. Youngbae cringes even harder.

Daesung giggles along with Seunghyun. "Ooo, couple hairstyle? Is that the new trend now?"

Seungri could feel his blood rise up from his neck up to his head. He stood there, red as an apple. 

"Jiyong wanted to have the same hairstyle as his love Riri," Seunghyun chuckles.

Jiyong sighs. "You guys are so immature."

Jiyong then stands up, and Seungri freezes on the spot. What now? Their eyes meet, and a shiver ran down on his spine. Jiyong was approaching. Seungri takes a step back. 

"I'm gonna go out for a quick smoke," Jiyong utters, taking a last glance at Seungri.

Thank God. Seungri had thought his heart would stop beating.