Youngbae's Better with his Mouth Shut

My Love Riri

 

 

Jiyong's blond. His silver aura gleaming from the sunlight. Seungri's silent but he couldn't help but steal glances from him. It looks good on him. Anything looks good on him. But Seungri wonders; does he have to change hair colors now? Jiyong never really fancied having the same look as the rest. He always wanted to stand out. Seungri doesn't want to, but maybe he has to. It but there's really not much of a choice for a person like him. His hyungs always have to be the priority. He's used to being the last one to choose from their group's wardrobe. Whatever's left, Seungri takes. If his hyungs say that he have to wear the dullest outfit, then he wears the dullest outfit. And now that Jiyong's silver strands of hair are sticking out, maybe Seungri's silver strands of hair have to die down. It's alright. It's his job.

"What?" Jiyong asks dryly. The breeze from the open window of the car gently sways his silver locks.

"Nothing." Seungri smiles. "Looks good on you."

With a stale smile, Jiyong goes back on looking down on his phone. And with a sigh, Seungri goes back to his own corner of self-pity.

 

*****

 

It's a Saturday. It's supposed to be their rest day, but they're now at some wedding of a couple they don't really care much about. Doesn't matter. It's all business. The younger iKon is also there. Just like the extrovert he is, he joked around with his juniors. He had always loved interacting with people. To lighten up the mood. Oh how he hated the awkward silences. He would rather get punch in the throat than to deal with it. 

His arm's hanging on the mischievous Bobby. The kid was charming. Funny, even. No wonder girls love him. 

"Oh-- You're wearing the shoes I gave you!" Seungri exclaims.

With a shy yet proud smile, Bobby flashes it off. "It looks cool, hyung!"

"Those are nice," Jiyong approaches. His hands in his pockets as he chicly walked on the red carpet that complimented his suit. "Must be expensive, huh?"

Bobby smirks. "Hyung gave it me as a present. When I won SMTM," he says, circling his ankles to which the rocks on the shoes glimmered from.

"Ohh. Since when did you get so generous, huh?" Jiyong jokes, frowning at Seungri.

"Hyung, I've always been generous." Seungri chuckles. "I've been like this sin--"

"Bobby," Jiyong utters, gesturing for the boy to get near him. "I gotta say something."

Bobby then follows obediently. 

Seungri coughs it off.

Must be something important.

 

*****

 

"New shoes. Thank you, Jiyong-hyung! I will definitely work harder from now on!"

It says on his phone screen. A photo of a fancy pair of sleek loafers with rhinestones all over was posted by Bobby on his Instagram page. 

"Tsch," Seungri breathes out, chuckling.

As much as he likes Jiyong, he never liked the fact that the man was so competitive over everything.

Must be so tiring to be like that all the time.

 

*****

 

Fans all over the Internet have been going on about Seungri's recent picture. Some reactions were negative, but most were just pure astonishment. His photo wearing a Richard Mille watch to which costs almost 92,000 US dollars. Their fans sure are quite the observant. But Seungri must admit. He loves it. He loves all kinds of attention. Just like how the fans are crowding in on his hearing as he danced to the music onstage. Now Jiyong's walking towards him. The shouting got even louder. It's now time for the usual fanservice. Girls really like this kind of thing, huh? 

"Jiyong-oppa!" he yells through the microphone.

Seungri had thought he went deaf from the shrieking of the fans as Jiyong gently touches his cheek. 

Seungri plays along with Jiyong's sensual stare, and his eyes gets a glimpse of something reflecting light on the man's wrist.

A Richard Mille watch. Exactly like his.

What the hell.

 


 

 

Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis was in the background, 'Cruisin'' playing on full speakers. Jiyong's holding a wine in his hand,  stars in his eyes. His hands raised, rocking his head from side to side as his hips waved smoothly to the music. Jiyong's feeling it. The music and the wine. It was lining up inside his throat. The warm, suave fruity alcohol that dazed him. It was soothing how the dim lights flattered the atmosphere. Jiyong could be himself without the people's eyes on him.

Maybe he had too much. Jiyong had already downed a whole bottle. Now he feels a bit sleepy. He sat on the leather sofa, a stupid smile on his face as his lids covered almost half of his eyes. The bright screen of his phone lights up his red face. Like a fool, Jiyong giggles. His smile almost reaches to his ears, gums showing up. His picture's on the screen. His bold, silver strands of hair on his forehead with the same stupid smile. It was unnaturally placed next to another blond. Jiyong can't help but feel giddy.

"We have the same hair."

 

 


 

 

It seems his bright aura toned down a bit. The blond on his head was no more. Maybe Seungri's a bit upset about it. The vivid hair that he wanted for so long was now gone. It's alright. After all, he's used to it. His hyungs are the priority. Jiyong's the priority. It's just hair color, anyway. It's no big deal. Brown hair suits him better. 

"What happened?" a worried Youngbae asks. Why does his eyes look so sympathetic? Seungri felt a little annoyed.

"Doesn't brown hair suit me better?" Seungri smiles. 

"It's okay. I like you better with blond, but it's okay."

"I'm tired of it," Seungri says, fixing his hair through his reflection. The backstage mirrors has the best lightings, he thought.

"Is it because of Jiyong?" Youngbae frowns; Seungri hated it.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He chuckles. "I want to have brown hair, okay? Can't I?" 

Now he seem defensive about it. Seungri just wish Youngbae would just stop meddling in with his business. 

"Seungri." 

Jiyong's voice rings into his ears. 

"You changed your hair?" 

Great. Even Jiyong seem to sympathize him. Seungri felt small.

"Yep. You like it?" he replies casually with a smile.

"Why did you change it?" Jiyong asks with this concerned look on his face. Seungri just didn't need it. He was okay with it until now. It didn't matter, but they kept looking at him with those annoying stares.

"Don't you prefer it this way?" Seungri utters with a smirk. "You don't like it when you look the same with others, right?" 

"What're you talking about?" Jiyong was utterly confused.

"Don't act stupid." Seungri regrets it in an instant. "You hate it when people also have nice things, right? You want to only be the one who has the expensive taste." Seungri couldn't stop himself. 

"Hey, hey!" Youngbae exclaims. "Stop that, Seungri. What's wrong with you?" 

Oh how Seungri wanted to take back all his words. Rather than angered, Jiyong just looked disappointed. Seungri hated it even more.

 

 


 

 

Tattoos, piercings, fashion and even more tattoos; Jiyong kept scrolling through his phone. He was always doing something, and now that he has the free time, he doesn't know what to do. Jiyong had nearly forgotten the last time he was ever away from work.

The silence in his room gives him a lot of time to ponder on things. It was nice. The rare quiet time. 

His phone screams into action. Goodbye quiet time.

 

"1 New Message

From: My Love Riri <3"

 

Jiyong shots up from his seat. 

 

"Hyung.. I'm sorry about earlier. Are you mad at me?  ㅠㅠ  I'm sworryyy~~" 

 

"You in' cute bastard," Jiyong giggles like a mad man. "You can't do this to me."

 

"Create New Message

To: My Love Riri <3

You disrespected me."

 

"Your punishment."

With that stubborn, gummy smile that beamed, Jiyong hits send.

 

"1 New Message:

From My Love Riri<3

What? Nooo ㅠㅠ   I'm swoorryyy~~~ I will never do it again. Please? I'm crying...."

 

Jiyong felt like he's out of his mind. Giggling like how a child does. ". You damn in' adorable pumpkin." 

 

"Create New Message:

To: My Love Riri<3

I'm gonna sleep now. Goodbye."

 

"Sorry, Ri, but you have to learn your lesson. You can't bite the hand that feeds you."

 

 


 

 

A mini heart attack. Seungri didn't know what to do. Jiyong's there, and he just wants to run away. Seungri had forgotten how terrifying his leader could be. Why did he ever explode like that in front of him? He would rather get hit by a car than face Jiyong. Wait, maybe that's a good idea? Maybe if he runs on the streets, he would get lucky and get hit by an over-speeding car? 

He's there. He's approaching. Seungri wanted to hang himself.

"Seungri."

The coldest voice he had ever heard. 

"..yes..?" Seungri felt stiff on the face.

"What're you doing?" Jiyong looks at him straight in the eyes. Seungri couldn't.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to take a quick nap before our show starts," he says, sitting on the couch. Was the couch this rough before?

"Hmm.. alright." Jiyong pats him on the head. "Sleep well."

What?

 

*****

 

It's odd. Everything's odd. Why was Jiyong so friendly? So friendly and so casual? The show ended like usual, and now they're at the backstage with their sweats dripping off. Seungri never heard any nagging from Jiyong. It's odd. Why is it so?

"Ah." Jiyong utters. His back bent as he looks under the chairs. "Where's my phone? My phone's missing."

"Have you checked in your pockets?" Youngbae says, his bare skin being cooled by the AC.

"Yeah, I don't have it."

"Maybe in your bag?" Daesung says tiredly. His body occupying the whole couch. 

"Nah. I've already checked." Jiyong now looks under the table. "Seunghyun-hyung, have you seen it?"

Seunghyun lazily shook his head. His eyes only on the screen, posting photos of his art on Instagram. He couldn't care less about a missing phone.

"Seungri?" Jiyong arches his eyebrows.

Maybe now's the perfect opportunity for him to redeem himself. Seungri couldn't let this chance slip away.

"I'll call your phone, hyung. If it rings, then we would know where it is."

"That's a good idea, then."

Rihanna's voice could be heard faintly. A muffled music as Seungri called Jiyong's phone. 

"There it is!" Youngbae grabs under the pillow. 

"There it is, hyung." He smiles. Seungri's just glad he could be of any help to Jiyong. Have he redeemed himself yet?

The phone in his hands, Youngbae then reads the screen;

"Missed call from 'My Love Riri' with heart emojis."

Jiyong's eyes widens. Everyone's, including Seungri's expression turned dumbfounded.

Wait, what? 

"," Jiyong whispers to himself.