Chapter 1

Cards of Charm

ONE

 

“This is absolutely perfect!”

 

“It’s so cute! I love it!”

 

“It’s absolute trash.”

 

The first two turn to look at the unimpressed individual. A deep scowl adorned her lips and her eyes were narrowed in distaste. Pointing to the right, she states, “Look at that weird stain on the wall. It looks like there was smeared everywhere.”

 

The curly brown haired girl rolls her eyes. “Stop overanalyzing. It’s fine.” She takes a silent moment to observe the wall. “And it’s probably just a burned mark or something.”

 

The scowling girl huffs in irritation. “That doesn’t make it any better! This room must be wired wrong if there are giant brown splotches everywhere.”

The caramel red haired girl had kept her silence up until now, but her easily annoyed friend was being unreasonable. “Seun, I think it’s fine! And we can also paint over it!” She smiles widely. “Besides, I wanted to make this dorm really homey anyway!”

“Sa Ra is right,” the brown haired girl agrees. “You’re being a little too picky.”

“Picky?” Her scowl turns into an incredulous look. “I’m being picky?” She shoots her hands up in the air. “I paid a 115,530 won matriculation fee last month , 23,106 won for parking when we entered campus this morning, and by the end of this semester, I’m expected to pay 115,575,000 won. Of course I’m going to be picky!” She breathes heavily. “I expect to be treated like ing royalty!”

The wide eyed brunette leans closer to the wide eyed red head. “Am I the only one freaked out about how she remember the exact price of everything?”

“And you’re telling me that you’re fine with the excrement splotched over where we’re supposed to sleep? The hell with this ing bull!”

Sa Ra shyly raised her hand, scared of her friends wrath. “Ha Seun, to make it fair, you do have federal aid covering most of your semester payments.” Her friends heavy breathing and the bloodlust in her eye was starting to make the redhead regret speaking. “And you also were given more scholarships than the both of us combined, so

The brunette cut in, “You should stop talking

I should stop talking,”  she agreed while nodding her head. She mentally thanked So Mi for saving her life. Last time she tried to argue against Ha Seun, she threw a chair at her. Fortunately, So Mi pulled her towards her before it made contact.

Ha Seun looks at her friends faces. She doesn’t want to overreact, but she can’t not. She wants to be happy about the condition of the room, because despite the faults it may have, she’ll be sharing it with her best friends who’m she can call her sisters! However the undesirable marks in the room just didn’t fit her system. They didn’t fit her perfect vision, and it was taking a toll on her.

Her angry breathing turn into quick panicked ones. Tears were starting to form in her eyes and her lips began quivering. So Mi and Sa Ra share a concerned look before going up to their friend.

“Look, Seunnie,” So Mi says gently, rubbing her friend’s back. “I know this really affects you, but this is the best we can do right now. This is the best we can afford.”

Sa Ra hums in agreement and adds on. “Just trust us, okay? We’ll turn this room into the one you’ve dreamed about since you were little. I promise. Just give us time.”

  Ha Seun focuses on the rubbing on her back and tries to calm her breaths. Her eyes look up from the ground and make contact with both of her friends. “...You promise?”

Sa Ra nods with a wide smile. “I promise.”

So Mi pats Ha Seun’s back affectionately. “We both promise.”

 

Ha Seun’s heart swells with love. Her friends really care about her. Despite her irrational personality and fear of imperfection, her friends make her feel priceless. She doesn’t know what she would do without them.

 

The three silently stare at each other. So Mi and Sa Ra at Ha Seun to express support, and Ha Seun at the other two to express her gratitude.

 

Until there was a sudden gurgle. A growling noise?

 

“Oh, ,” was So Mi’s sudden commentary. “Yeah, let’s go eat. We can set up after I fill myself up with some Kimchi.”

 

Sa Ra and Ha Seun laughed at So Mi’s nonchalant change in atmosphere and agreed. While lauging, Sa Ra stood up quickly and suddenly lost her balance, falling on top of one of the moving boxes.

 

How?” It looks like Ha Seun recovered her aggressive personality.  “How did you manage to fall back down after standing up?”

 

So Mi bursts into laughter and walks out the door, not even bothering to help her friend. Sa Ra frowns and blushes slightly at her unfortunate luck and grabs onto Ha Seun’s extended hand in order to get back up.

 

“No one finds out about this,” Sa Ra says cautiously, directing a desperate expression at her friend.

 

The long black haired girl only smirks. “We’ll see.”

 

Sa Ra frowns widely, admitting defeat before walking out the door to follow So Mi. Ha Seun lightly chuckles and follows her, but not before she turns around to look at the room. The room itself was undesirable, but with the random excessive boxes laying around, it looked like a catastrophe.

 

She sighs in disgust and turns the light off. Then, she locks the door and closes it, walking after her friends while scratching her arms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

So I want to take this slowly so I can give it enough back story. BUT TRUST ME. STUFF WILL GO DOWN, SON!