Chapter 4

Wedding Dress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The wedding was near.

Jimin started to get nervous, having restless nights and such. Jungkook and Suga volunteered to help him with any last preparations before the wedding day. Taehyung reassured Jimin not to stress on anything but Jimin still worried about the latter. Jimin wasn't concerned about the wedding. He was concerned about losing his best friend. On the other hand, Taehyung didn't like Jungkook as much as Jimin. All his fiancé cared about was Jungkook and he was tired of it. Taehyung had known about the crush Jungkook had on Jimin for a while now. Jimin told Taehyung that Jungkook was sick instead of telling him that he was dying.

" Jungkook, can you keep Taehyung company real quick? Yoongi and I are going to the store for some stuff," Jimin questioned as Jungkook nodded.

" We'll be quick," Suga spoke before he left with Jimin. There was an awkward silence between Jungkook and Taehyung before Taehyung decided to speak up.

" I heard you're sick," Taehyung spoke as Jungkook glanced at him.

" You could say that," Jungkook replied, crossing his arms.

" I've also heard about your crush on my fiancé. I know you're his best friend but I can't have you ruining our marriage," Taehyung began, Jungkook glaring at him.

" I want you to stay away from Jimin," Taehyung finished.

" I don't know who you think is but I've known Jimin longer than you. If you think one second that I'm going to leave Jimin behind, you have another thing coming, Taehyung. Even if I wanted to stay away from Jimin, Jimin himself wouldn't let that happen. Try and get me out of the picture if you want to. It's not going to work," Jungkook retorted as Taehyung scoffed.

" I never liked you," Taehyung rolled his eyes.

" The feeling is mutual," Jungkook replied, Taehyung grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

" Taehyung, I do not wish to fight with you but don't put your hands on me," Jungkook snapped, weakly shoving Taehyung off of him.

" Jungkook, I hope I never see you again after Jimin and I get married," Taehyung growled.

" You'll get your wish," Jungkook spat before walking out of the door. Jimin and Suga got back just in time, Jungkook brushing past them, anger in his eyes.

" Jungkook, what's wrong?" Jimin asked, following after Jungkook, Yoongi behind him.

" I don't want to talk about it," Jungkook grumbled, storming back to his house that was down the street. Jungkook went straight to his room, grabbing his headphones and laying onto his bed. Jungkook put the headphones on his head, turning the volume up. He hated the way everyone looked down on him because he was the one dying.

Jungkook felt tears run down his face, thinking about everything. Taehyung hated him. He turned Yoongi and Jimin away. He also turned away from Jin. Jin knocked on the door lightly, opening it slightly. Jungkook was skin and bones, pale as a ghost, his eyes slowly closing.

" Kookie, are you feeling okay?" Jin questioned, Jungkook opening his red eyes. Jungkook took his headphones from off of his ears, glancing up at Jin.

" I honestly don't know anymore. I'm trapped... I'm so trapped and I don't want to suffer anymore," Jungkook replied softly as Jin sat next to him on his bed.

" Jungkook, are you implying that you want to die?"

" I'm dying anyway so what's the point?" Jungkook frowned.

" Jungkook, please don't talk like that. Talk to me," Jin muttered.

" Everyone is only pitying me because I'm dying. Taehyung wants me to stay away from Jimin and Jimin is getting married. This is a mess, hyung!" Jungkook sobbed as Jin hugged him.

" Jungkook, can you do me a favor?"

" Yes, hyung?"

" Don't let your life end like this. I know you want to live to see Jimin happy and continue to enjoy your life. Don't let Taehyung get in the way of that," Jin spoke, Jungkook wiping his eyes.

" Let's go."

" Go where?"

" To the hospital, duh. I want to go through with the treatment options," Jungkook broke the hug, standing up. Jin smiled as tears ran down his cheeks. There was hope for Jungkook to live.

The two traveled the hospital, Jin was happy that Jungkook finally decided on getting treatment. They walked into the hospital after Jin parked the car, requesting Jungkook's doctor. Leeteuk made his way over to Jungkook and Jin, a professional smile on his face.

" What brings you back today, Jungkook?" Leeteuk questioned, glancing at the younger.

" I want to go through with treatment," he spoke with confidence.

" Let's discuss treatment plans, shall we?" Leeteuk replied, leading them to a private room. Jungkook sat down next to Jin in the chairs while Leeteuk sat at his office desk.

" I think the stem cell transplant would be a perfect plan for you. It's where you replace the diseased bone marrow with healthy bone marrow. I just need to swab the inside of your cheek and I'll look for a donor match immediately," Leeteuk informed as Jungkook nodded. Leeteuk walked out of the room to get the cotton swabs while Jungkook turned to Jin.

" We should tell Suga. He'll be happy to know that I'm getting treatment," Jungkook smiled and leaned on Jin's shoulder.

" We could surprise him. He's been really on edge about this, you know? He cares about you," Jin wrapped an arm around Jungkook's shoulders, pulling him closer. Leeteuk walked in a few minutes and swabbed his cheek, putting it in a bag.

" Okay, so we need to run a few tests before you come in for the stem cell transplant. We need a few blood tests to check your organ function, a chest x-ray, and bone marrow biopsy," Leeteuk informed as Jungkook stood up.

" Okay, I'm ready. Let's do it," Jungkook told him.

" Okay, Jin. We'll be back in a few," Leeteuk waved, taking Jungkook with him. After two hours, Jungkook came back with Leeteuk, the boy slumped his shoulders and looked about ready for a nap. Jin stood up and wrapped a protective arm around Jungkook's shoulders, pulling the younger closer to him.

" Jungkook is eligible for the transplant. However, after getting the treatment, he will need a caregiver or family member to take care of him while he recovers," said Leeteuk as Jin nodded.

" I'll be his caregiver," Jin answered. Leeteuk wrote something down briefly before gazing back at Jin.

" Perfect. I've scheduled his transplant for next Friday," Leeteuk added.

"Wait... Already..?"

" Oh, we found a match. We want to get this out of the way so his leukemia doesn't develop further. I need you to bring him again tomorrow so we can start chemotherapy to kill the remaining leukemia cells and male room for the transplant," Leeteuk continued. Jungkook squeezed Jin softly, burying his fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter