With You...

OHANA!

 

 

 

"So who's gonna drive me to the studio?" Sophie asked as her eyes roamed around their dining table.

It's saturday, and it's her photoshoot for their upcoming ballet  show.
Her two older brothers and their wives drop by to have some breakfast. An invitation courtesy of her beautiful dear mother.

"It's Asher's check up. I can't drop you since it's out of the way" Jongin said.
Kyungsoo looked at her husband.
Asher's check up was yesterday.

"Me either. Hannie needs to drop by somewhere...."
Hannie stared at Sehun too.


"Which is out of the way also?" Sophie chuckled.
"You don't need to explain. I can ride the bus."

"But we called someone who can drop you there" her father said.

"Oh My Gosh! Not again!" Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Good Morning"
And speaking of the devil.

He is  here.

"Oh! Daeul-ie, please have some breakfast first" her mother said.

 

 

 

 




"Why do you always say yes every time my family ask you to be my chauffeur?" Sophie frowned.

"I got used to it maybe, since they always ask me to fetch you when you were still in middle school. And besides i love seeing your frowning face everytime you find out it was me again" Daeul chuckled.
"Like what you are doing right now."


"I hate you!" Sophie pouted.

"I know. But it's not true though" he grinned.

"I'm going to hate you for real if you keep on saying Yes to them. You have work, you're a celebrity. I don't what to bother you just because..."

"Do we always have to argue with this Miss Sophie Wu?" He glance at her then return his gaze on the road.

"I'm not arguing with you Mr. Kim." She glared.
"I'm just telling you that you should say No sometimes coz i can manage on my own."

"Yes I'm busy, i do have recordings and other stuff to do at the studio. I have appointments and meeting with producers and other artist.
But trust me Sophie, i just can't say no when it's you."
Daeul said in his serious voice.

Sophie was just speechless.
 

 

 

 




The studio is crowded with make up artist, photographers, stylists and some of her classmates in ballet school.

She was sitting in the corner waiting for her turn with the makeup artist.

Daeul was sitting on the couch beside her while looking at a magazine.
They weren't talking ever since they arrived at the studio.

The girls on her class was squealing the moment they laid their eyes on him.

Well, who isn't, it's the famous DEAN, the handsome and talented underground rapper, song writer, and a producer at a young age.

And his holding a light pink bag, where Sophie's stuff was stored. (He didn't talk to her when they went out of the car and just grab the bag out of Sophie's hold.)

Sophie can't stand the awkwardness between the two of them.

She was about to open and talk to him when the makeup artist called her.


She'll talk to him after the shoot.






He wasn't angry at her.

He was actually frustrated on his self.

He said something like that to her.
Words that could reveal his true feelings towards her.

He's not ready to tell her yet. She's too young though.
Both of them.

Daeul scanned the place. The sound of cameras and flashes are everywhere. A soft music is playing, for them to get the feels and emotions they needed for the photoshoot.

Some girls are glancing at him and would try to talk to him. But before they could even walk towards him he would pretend talking at someone in his phone.
He's not a talker and he don't like conversing with other people he don't know.


"It's Sophie's turn" the photographer shouted.

Daeul then looked at the girl who is slowly walking infront of that white wall.
She's wearing a white dress.

She's like an angel.


A very beautiful angel.



He was awed on how good she is in projecting infront of the camera.
As if she was born to be a model.
He now knows the reason  why their Uncle Chanyeol keeps on insisting if she could model for an advertisement.


He grabbed his phone and secretly snapped a photo.

"No matter how much I tried to avoid you. I just cant" he mumbled as he looked at the picture on his phone and smiled to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

The photoshoot ended a bit late since they need to change to two different outfits.
She's hungry and it's past lunch time.

After removing her makeup and changing into a more comfortable clothes, she went out of the dressing room and her eyes immediately looked for him.

He was still there in the couch.

And he's sleeping.

 



Sophie softly laughed as she move towards the sleeping Daeul.

But frowned after remembering that he might had schedules before that day and he must be tired.


She crouched down and looked at the sleeping guy.

"You're such a stubborn guy, you know? Why can't you say no when it's me?" She asked.

 


The studio was now quite since everyone went home already well aside from the owner, who didn't even mind their presence. No one will snapped them a photo and post it in the internet.


Coz when you look at them, you will surely see the blossoming love that surrounds the two of them.
The looks on her eyes reflects on how much she cares on the guy who is peacefully dozing off.

And the fact that he waited for her, no matter how tired he is, shows how much he cares for her too.

 

 

 



Daeul eyes was secretly glancing at her.
They are on their way home.

He was awaken in his slumber by a hard pinched on his cheeks earlier.

"What?" Sophie asked.

"Nothing!" Daeul answered.

"Stop glancing at me and focus on your driving" she scolded.

"Are we ok now?" He asked.

"Do you want to have lunch?" She asked instead.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Jajjangmyun" she smiled.


 


"Thank you!" She said before getting out of his car.

"You're welcome" he grinned.

"And i'm sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry." Daeul smiled.

"Just don't push yourself if you're too tired. You're not obligated to say yes for me." She reminded.

"I'll try princess." He chuckled.

"Am I that pretty that you can't even resist?" She joked.

"Yes you are" he smirked.

Well her joke bounces back at her. She was once again speechless.

"Bye!" She immediately went out of the car.
Her face feels like burning.

He waved at her with a smirked still plastered in his face.

"Idiot" she mumbled but secretly smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You were excited earlier. Now you don't want to get out in the car"

It's her first day in college.
And Daeul was right she was very much excited earlier that she's too confident to tell her parents that she'll be fine.

But she got a bit anxious when they were finally infront of the university.

"When will your first class starts?" Her forever chauffeur asked.

"At 9 AM" she answered.

"It's quarter to 8. Do you want to grab some hot drinks first then will have a walk so you'll be calm?" He suggested

"Yes please!" She murmured.



"Do you think i'll be doing great?"
She asked.

The two of them were sitting on one of the benches on a nearby park.

The autumn wind seems too cold that morning.

"You will" he said.

"It will be my first time in a CoEd school since i came in an all girls since primary."

"Ah so that's the reason why you are anxious. You'll do great Phie. Trust me."

"But you know I don't have much friends back in highschool. Some would like me just because I'm a Wu and my family is influential."

"You're the most confident girl I have ever known when it comes with ballet but when it comes with making friends you're such a loser" he chuckled.

"Yaaah!!!" She smacked him on his arms.

"College is different Princess. They wouldn't mind who you are, well maybe some will, but the most important thing here is that you'll do great with your studies." Daeul smiled.
"Atleast you don't have a pressure here. Unlike me, who's taking a music major in the university where my Father teach. Everyone is expecting for me to do great."

"But you're great." She said.

"Not all the time Princess. Though I'm having a good career in the entertainment industry I still need to learn more. That's why I'm in college." He said and sip on his cafe americano.

"I'll do my best then. Besides, Italy is my main goal." She breath in and exhaled all the uneasiness  in her system.
"Fighting"

"Ah your fighting spirit is fueled." Daeul ruffled her hair.

"Yahh! Stop messing my hair" she whined.

"Let me take a picture as a proof for your first day and that Wu Sohee will do great in college" he said.


"No thanks." The girl said.

But she still smiled when Daeul snapped a photo.

 

 

 



"Go!" She said, pushing Daeul away.

"What? I'll walk you in your building." He said.

"They'll recognized you. And I don't like commotion."
She said still pushing him to go back on the main gate.

"I'm in disguise" he said.

Indeed He's wearing a shades, a black turtle neck long sleaves, ripped jeans and a black snapback.

"And you look like a suspicious person." She chuckled.
"Go now! I'll be fine. You have some appointments right? I'll call you when my class ends." She smiled.

"If someone will bully you here. Call me ok? Me and my squad will save you" he grinned.

"Eyy, you and your rapper squad?"

"No, Sehun hyung, Jongin Hyung and Jiwon." He laughed.
"Baby asher will join too"

"Ha ha ha! Funny! Go now" she shooed him away.

"Fighting princess" he held out his fist to cheer her up.

Sophie smiled and wave him goodbye before turning her back and walk towards the building.

He snapped another photo of her.
She suddenly turn back to see if he's still there and he was caught taking a picture

"Gooooo!" She shouted and giggled


"Neeee!" He waved


He looked at his phone and smiled

A smiling Sophie.

"Beautiful" he mumbled.

 


 

 

 

Sophie can't sleep.
She's cold and her cough is much worst than earlier.

Her mother (who's exagerated when they're sick) had already given her some medicine.
And she hopes that it will make her feel better the next day.

Her only problem that night is that she can't sleep.

She tried to read something, from short stories to articles on the internet just for her to be sleepy.
But nothing happens.

She can't even call her Kyungsoo unnie and Luhan unnie since both is surely busy or might be sleeping.

Sophie desparetly need someone to talk to for her to fall asleep.

And she thought of that someone who's surely gonna answer her call.


 

 



"Do you want some drink Dean? Gonna go out" Patrick, Daeul's friend and a US based producer, ask him.

"No i'm ok." Dean smiled.

His friend went out after and he was left alone on that room.
It was late in the evening and he's still in the studio.

The sound of his phone destructed him from the music sheet he was analyzing.

It wasn't just a simple call, but a video call.

The princess' name is flashed as the caller's id.
He answered it.

Well He needs a break for awhile.

"Hey it's late. Why are you still awake?"
He asked.

Instead of her face, a stuffed bunny was shown on the screen.

"So you're a bunny now huh?" Daeul laughed.

"I can't sleep" she said.

There is something wrong in her voice.

"Are you sick?" He asked. Worry is in his tone.

"A little" and she coughed.

"You need to rest Sophie!" He said.

"I said I can't sleep" she whined.
Though he can't see her face he can imagine her pouting face as she said that.

"So what does it have to do with me?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just need someone to talk to. I might feel sleepy after. Where are you?"

"Studio. Need to finish something for a new album of a boygroup."

"You're not home yet? And you're busy? I should end this call" she shrieked.

"No it's ok. I'm taking a short break." He said.
"But you're the one who needs to sleep Phie, your voice doesn't sound good."

"I look worst" she cried.


The screen went black for a second.

And her face is finally flashed in the screen.

Daeul shouldn't  be smiling but though her eyes look so sleepy and her nose is red, she's still the prettiest.



"I look ugly" she frowned.

"You look cute" he chuckled

"Oooh the glasses looks good on you" she smiled when he notice the specs that Daeul was wearing.


"Really?"

"Ofcourse. I am the one who picked that. See, you should trust my fashion taste" she proudly said.

"Ok I acknowledge. But please you need to sleep now. " he plead.

"I'm tired but I cant sleep" she pouted.

"Do you want me to sing?" He joked.

"Yes please"

He didn't expect for her to say yes to his suggestion.

"After the song i'll end this video call so you can sleep ok?" He said

"Yeah" she agreed.
"You need to go home too and rest."

"I'll finished this last music demo and will go home after."

"Ok! Sing now" she said before closing her eyes.


He smiled.



(Please listen to DEAN's cover of ordinary people)

Link:

Ordinary People by John Legend (DEAN's cover)
 

🎶
Girl im in love with you
This ain't the honeymoon
Past the infatuation phase
Right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue everyday 🎶

There he goes again. Confessing about her feelings through a song
He was relieved the girl does not seem to mind the lyrics as long as she can fall asleep.

🎶
I know i misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow
And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work
But I think we should take it slow🎶
 

As for Sophie, his voice is like a blanket that warms her heart.
Her mind is too dazed to focus on the lyrics.
But one thing for sure, she loves his voice

🎶
We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow
This time we'll take it slow🎶

He ended the song with a smile.
Her eyes are now close and she's in the dreamland.

"Goodnight princess. Get well soon" he said and touched the screen as if he was caressing the face of the sleeping girl.

 


She's smiling in her sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus:


"Are you ok?" His friend asked.

The past few days had been so hectic.
He has guestings, lots of overseas shows and he still need to finished reviewing one whole album for a solo artist.

"Yeah. I'm in this last demo." He said.
He's tired and his mom had been nagging him to go home and rest.

"You don't need to stress yourself Dean, go home. Have a break" his friend said.

"I just want to finish this as soon as possible. I need to free my schedule for next week" he said.

"For her?" His friend grinned as he points on the polariod picture that was pinned on the side his computer.

"She'll be having a  recital next week. She asked me to watch." He smiled and took the picture.

"Love bug" his friend patted his back.
"Tell her already."


"It's too early. She has still so many dreams to reach. I'm ok with being her chaffuer for awhile" he laughed.

His eyes lingered on her face.
On that photo, no matter what expression, she's still pretty.


He flipped the back of the photo and read her note.

'When you're missing my pretty face! ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋFighting DEAN ♡'

"Yeah I miss you" he sighed.



 




"Do you have a boyfriend?" Wendy, her classmate, asked.

Wendy is a good friend and a bubbly person. She came from the US and she doesn't have much friend just like Sophie.

They're having lunch on the cafeteria.

"No" she was flustered.

"Really? But who was that guy who fetch you before." Wendy asked. Again.

"A friend." She said.

"You're blushing!" Wendy teased.
"You like him?"

"What?!" Sophie shrieked.

"Based on how red your face right now, you like him." Wendy giggled
"Is he handsome? I havent seen his face that day since he's wearing a snapback."

"He's not." She lied.

"Eyyy, com'on. And i like someone so you don't have to worry with me. Your secret is also safe."

Sophie frowned, but she opened her bag and looked for her wallet.


She took out a polariod photo of him.
The photo was taken during  the wedding party of her Sehun oppa and Luhan unnie.

"Let me see" wendy excitedly said.
And she was stunned the moment she laid her eyes on the photo.

 



"D-Dean? DEAN  the rapper? The producer? The famous R&B artist?"

Sophie can't help but laughed at Wendy's shocked face.

"Wait... you're a ballet student at a prestigious ballet school, now you have a celebrity friend. Wow Sophie, are you a princess? A royalty?"

"I'm not a royalty. But they call me the princess in our family since i'm the only girl" she smiled.

"How did you became friends with him? Wow you're amazing." Wendy gave her a thumbs up.

"We've known each other since we were kids." She said.

"And you like him" Wendy giggled.

"Ofcourse not. We're just friend." Sophie frowned.

"You can't lie to me my dear Sophie. I can see how you cares for him. You can't deny this to me since i saw you fixing his cap before." Wendy smirked.


"To be honest...." Sophie lowered her gazed on the photo she was holding.

"Though we argue always, we bicker on small things and in our differences, I still love hanging out with him. He had given me so much courage when i'm not confident. And I miss him right now since he's so busy. Does that mean I like him?" She asked.
"But I never been inlove Wendy. Nor like someone before. I wanted to be like my Mama, that she had found her first love, and now he became her true and last love. And that's my Baba."


"When you see each other again you'll find out.
 It's only you who can answer that question." Wendy smiled.
"Let's go, we still have our class."

"Yeah!"

She looked at the picture again.

"Do I like you?" She asked.


And there's that unusual warm feelings in her heart again.
 

 

 

 




A/N:


Ok! What is this?
This is a flop fluff !!!!
But i hope you'll still enjoy.

Xoxo


 

Ps. TBH i enjoyed looking/searching for Sophie and Daeul's  pictures for this chapter. Dean and Wu Qian have so many great pictures on IG 😍