From Now On

OHANA!

 

 

"You don't have a plan to sleep huh?" Yifan chuckled as he caressed Wu Sohee's plump cheeks.

That night, the sweet home of the Wu family seems to be quite.
The Twins were on a so called "camping trip" at the backyard of their Uncle Chanyeol.

"Mama's tired now, so we need to let her rest. Baba's gonna be incharge ok?" Yifan said at his 5 months old daughter.

Sophie gibberish sound  was her answer to her father.

"Is that a no?" Yifan asked.

The baby girl just giggled and tried to  reach out for her father's face with her small chubby arms.

"Baba's not good  with lullaby. So you need to bear with me princess" he chuckled.

Yifan started humming a song while softly patting Sophie's back.
But there's no hint of sleep from his daughter's eyes.
She's just staring at her father with an intent look and will suddenly burst out into a giggle.

"She won't sleep yet?" Junhee asked as she enters their room.
A loud squeal then came out from the baby after seeing her mother.

"Yeah!" Yifan sighed.
"But I can manage. You can rest now"

Junhee sat beside him on the bed and leaned her head on Yifan's shoulder.

"You're humming a new lullaby to her." The wife said.

"You even noticed that?" Yifan laughed.

"Was that the song Donghae oppa asked for you to write a chinese lyrics?" Junhee asked

"Yeah! Why are they even asking me to do this? I'm not the only chinese in the group. They could ask Yixing since he's much talented than me" Yifan rant.

"Yixing's busy in the hospital!" Junhee said.

"I'm busy too" the husband frowned.

"Well, you're talented." Junhee grinned.

"I'm your husband and you love me that's why you can say that" He said.

"You just have to believe me when I say you're talented, Fan. Remember you wrote a song for me before. That's one of the proof" the wife said as she snuggled closer to her husband.

Sophie is still wide awake and staring at her parents.

"Princess, do you want to hear baba sing?" Junhee grinned as she lightly grazed her finger's on the baby's button like nose.

"Babe!" Yifan grumbled.

"What? You're a good singer." Junhee chuckled.
"Com'on, let us hear that new song."

Sophie squealed as an approval.

"See, she wants to hear it too" Junhee smiled.

"You two indeed shares the same birthday. Why can't I resist you both?" Yifan shakes his head.

"Coz you love us, me, the twins and baby princess" Junhee leaned closer to kissed Yifan's cheeks.

"I do, more than my life" Yifan said.

"Now stop the chattering and let us hear that song. It's late and this little princess needs to sleep." The wife said.

Yifan took a deep breath before he start to hummed the melody.

 


(🎶 Please listen to From Now On by Wu Yifan)

 


"夕阳的背后
Xīyáng de bèihòu
月牙悄悄爬上了夜空
yuèyá qiāoqiāo pá shàngle yèkōng
回家的归途
huí jiā de guītú
有谁在默默等候
yǒu shuí zài mòmò děnghòu"


Junhee slowly closed her eyes as she listen.
She doesn't understand much from the native language of her husband but she knew deep inside that there is something on the lyrics of the song that made her heart swell with too much happiness.

Even the little girl, who may not understand any single words yet from the song, seems to enjoy her father's soft voice. Her eyes is slowly drooping and soon she's ready to sleep.



🎶"想给你快乐
xiǎng gěi nǐ kuàilè
却不懂怎么温柔
què bù dǒng zěnme wēnróu
只愿陪伴在你的左右
zhǐ yuàn péibàn zài nǐ de zuǒyòu
哪怕一秒也足够
nǎpà yī miǎo yě zúgòu"



Yifan finished the song and the Queen and princess of his life are peacefully sleeping.
Junhee, who is snuggled on his side and leaning on his shoulder and Sophie, who's tightly wrapped in his arms.

The first 2 stanzas of the song was written for his little girl, though it's originally composed by  Donghae for a sad movie (to be produced by his Jungsoo hyung ).

He smiled as his eyes gazed on the baby girl.

It feels like yesterday when she was born, when she was still trying to flutter her eyes to open and see the world, the first time she smile and the first time she reach out for him to hug her.

The first time she rolled over it was like the whole family's achievement.

There are still so many first in her life in the future and Yifan can't wait to witness that all.

Yifan will always be the cold person everyone knows, and that didn't change.

But seeing how protective he is to his family, how  sweet and loving he is to his wife, how playful is he to his sons, and how soft he is to his baby princess, a man like him with a cold and strong aura is also capable of such emotions.

"I hope you'll grow up to be a strong woman like your mom. Baba will be here for you always!" He mumbled as he leaned down and kiss the baby's forehead.
 

 

 

 

 


(5 year old Wu Sohee)

It's sunday morning and Yifan is having his coffee while reading the morning news.

His wife did an early trip to the supermarket with the twins.

So the father is left with Sophia, who's sitting on the floor and drawing something on her drawing pad.
Her father is so busy reading the newspaper when she looked up.

"Ba?" She called.

"Hmm?" Yifan answered.

"What are you doing?" The little girl asked Yifan.

"Reading" he answered.

"Can I read that too?" she asked again while pointing at the newspaper.

"This is not about fairies though" Yifan said.

"Ok" she simply said and go back on drawing something.


A minute later.

"Baba?" Sophie once again called.

"Yes?"

"Wǒ ài nǐ" she grinned but her eyes still on the drawing pad.

A wide smile is then visible in Yifan's face.
She's as sweet as her mother indeed.

" Wǒ yě ài nǐ Xiǎo gōngzhǔ"




- - - - - - - -

 



Are you happy?" Yifan asked as Sophie was perched up in his arms.

"Ofcourse I'am, Baba." The birthday girl said.


Today she's turning 6, and  what excite her the most is the fact that she'll soon go to primary school.

And Junhee being the loving mother she is decided to prepare a simple birthday party for her and for their princess.

"So what do you want?" The father asked.
He wanted to spoil her today (though he has been spoiling her eversince, regardless if it's her birthday or not.)

"Nothing" the little girl said.

"But it's your birthday" the father said.

"They gave me so many gifts Baba." She said

"It's a gift from me and your Mama." Yifan still insist. He's sure that Sophie wants something for her birthday.


But he didn't expect what she said.

"I have you baba, and mama, and Nini oppa, and Hunnie oppa. I don't want anything yet." She said.
"I'll tell you if I have a wish, ok?" She sweetly smiled at her father.

"You're just 6 right?" Yifan chuckled.

"Yes!!" She squealed.
"And i'm gonna go to big girl's school!" Excitement can be heard in her voice.

"Yeah! Primary school!" He laughed.
"How I wish you won't grow up faster"

Sophie frowned on what he said.

He knew that his boys will do well. That they will grow up into a strong and successful men, so he let them decide on their own. He will be strict with them at some point but he will still let them learn. (Junhee's the one who's overprotective with the twins)

But as for his princess, though he promised Junhee that he won't be an over protective father to their only girl and let her decide on her own too, a part of him still have the urge to hide him from the world until she is ready.


"I wanna be a ballerina Baba. Don't be like that" she pouted

"Ok I'm sorry. And yes you'll be the best ballerina ever." Yifan widely grinned.

"I wanna be like Mama! She's the best" Sophie held out a two thumbs up.

"Mama is the best indeed" Yifan agreed and glance at his wife who's taking Sehun and Jongin away from the dessert table.

Though it's her birthday too, all that she ever did is to make sure that the party is successful for their little girl.

So The husband decided that he will just give the gift to her tonight.

Eversince, his wife wasn't into material things and as long as her kids is happy, she's happy with that too.

Yifan wouldn't doubt that Sophie inherit that characteristic from her mother.


He once again looked at his daughter.

"Happy Birthday again Xiǎo gōngzhǔ" Yifan peppered her with kisses.
"I know you may not understand this yet but no matter what happen, Baba will be here for you and protect you always ok? "


You're wierd  Baba
 But xièxiè nǐ bàba" the princess sweetly smiled.




- - - - -



(18 years old Sophie)

"Ma, Ba. I'm going now, don't wanna be late on my first day at the university" Sophie said as she adjusted her scarf.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" Yifan asked.
Junhee eyed her daughter's reaction as she placed a cup of coffee in front of Yifan.

"Baba, didn't you all ask Daeul to fetch me here and take me to the university?" Sophie pouted.

"Did we?" Yifan stared at his wife.

Junhee nodded and smile.

"Oh! Then I can..."

"Yifan!" Junhee stop him, from saying more, with her stern voice.
"Sophie will just go to college. She'll not go somewhere."

" bié dān xīn, bàba! Wǒ huì hǎo de" Sophie assured him.
"Gotta go now! And I love you both so much"
She kissed her parents goodbye before running out of the house to meet her chauffeur a.k.a the famous DEAN.
"Bai bai!" She shouted.


"She's all grown up now!" Yifan said.

"You're just like me when it comes with the twins." The wife softly laughed.
" She'll be fine Fan. She's a smart girl. If you're like that and you always worry for her, it will be too hard for you to let her go when she decided to go to Italy to pursuit her ballet."

"Can I just buy that ballet institute and have a branch here in Korea so she won't have to go to Italy?" Yifan frowned

"Yifan!"

"I'm just kidding babe. But you know she's our only girl and...."

"It's so hard for you to let her go? That you think if she's too far away from us we can't protect her? Fan, i'm worried for her too. But you know what, she has the talent and passion like Jongin, the guts and being adventurous of Sehun, and she's a risk taker like you. She's strong Fan. And I believe in her. She's still 18, her decisions might change. All we have to do is guide her as her parents." Junhee smiled.

Yifan smiled back.
His wife is right. 


"She's very much like you" Yifan said.

"She's the stronger version of me." Junhee chuckled

"But you're still the best. The kids won't be what they are right now, if not because of you"
Yifan wrapped his arms around Junhee's waist and pulled her closer to him.

"And don't exclude yourself, fan. We are their parents. We're both doing are best for their happiness." She placed a chaste kiss on top of Yifan's head.

"Ahh talking like this makes me think that we're really getting older now huh?" Yifan laughed.

"Kyungsoo will be here later to bring Asher. It's her and Nini's date night. We are babysitting our grandchild, we're old indeed." Junhee chuckled.

"Babe, xiǎng gěi nǐ kuàilè"
Yifan smiled.

"You already did" Junhee softly kissed him.
"Ah glad I understand that. Sohee and Sehun are the one who's good with mandarin."


"You don't have to learn the language. Your heart understands it anyway." Yifan grinned.

"You're still my cheesy Wu Yifan" Junhee laughed.
" Wǒ ài nǐ"

"나두 사랑해"










Song translation.

From now on by Wu Yifan (OST for Sweet Sixteen)

At the back of the setting sun
Crescent moon quietly climbed up to the night sky
On the way back home
Who will be quietly waiting?

I want to give you happiness
Yet do not understand how to show the tenderness
Only sincerely willing to accompany you around
Even only one second is enough




- Wǒ yě ài nǐ Xiǎo gōngzhǔ" (I love you  too little princess)

- bié dān xīn, bàba! Wǒ huì hǎo de (Don't worry, Baba! I'll be alright)

- xiǎng gěi nǐ kuàilè (I want to give you happiness)



A/N

Why am i being so cheesy and emotional lately?
But anyway i hope you enjoy this update...

And yifan really did wrote the lyrics for that song 😆😆

Thank you so much for subscribing. Also thank you for the upvote.
Thank you so much for still loving this story though i don't update regularly( during weekend ) anymore.
Since  you know "Life" is unpredictable sometimes!!
(Need to work harder to see oppa soon 😆)

I love you all!!!!!!

Xoxo