Drabbles 20: Cooking? Cooking!

OHANA!

 

 

I.

"Minseok-ah why do you still practice? You don't need to anyway coz you're genius." One of Minseok's classmates in her Asian cuisine lesson said.

"You know, there are some things I still don't know yet so I need to." She smiled

"Ok then, we'll leave you here alone, would that be ok?" They said.

"I'll be fine." She assured them.

Her classmates then bid their goodbye to her.

 

 

She's finally alone on that cooking classroom and she can concentrate with her dish.

 

 


Minseok was halfway on finishing her Thai cuisine  when she heard some noises on one of the utensils cabinet in the corner.

The University is full of rumored ghost stories and the Culinary Building is known to be the second scariest building. (Music and Art Building as the first)

But Minseok ain't scared.
She didn't even flinched when she heard the noise.



"Kim Jongdae!" She suddenly called.



She then heard a laughed on the corner.

"Wow! As expected with my girlfriend" Jongdae stood up from his hiding spot and clap.

"Why are you even scaring me? You know we're both not scared with ghost." Minseok shakes her head and chuckle.

"I'm still trying my luck." Jongdae laughed
"But you're scared with pigeons."

"Shut up" she frowned


(Ok she's scared of birds)

 



"What's that? Smells good!" Jongdae was on her side looking at the food she was cooking

"Tom Yam. It's for our class tomorrow. I'm practicing."

"I'll be the first one to taste it again." Jongdae raised his fist on the air for excitement.

"Speaking of that, why is it everytime I practice cooking for a dish you're always there? Do you have a radar?" Minseok asked.

"Oh your love for me is stronger. Maybe your brain keep on saying Dae needs to taste this first." Jongdae grinned.
"And i can feel it."

"What? You're delusional. And my love for you is stronger? Isn't it the other way around?" Minseok pouted.

"My love for you Kim Minseok is out of this world." The boyfriend grinned.

"Eww!" Minseok cringed but still smiled at her boyfriend.

She then scoop a spoonful of the Tom Yam's soup before facing Jongdae.

"It's hot." She blows it first before nudging the spoon towards Jongdae's awaiting mouth.

"Wow! You're indeed genius babe. This is amazing." Jongdae praised.

"You think I will get an A for this?" She asked.

"A is not enough Minnie" Jongdae smiled.

He was about to get another spoonful of the dish when Minseok smacked his hand.

"It's not done yet" she glared
"Wait for 2minutes."

"But I'm hungry." He whined.

"You haven't eaten your lunch?" Minseok glared.

"I didn't coz i've been waiting for your text. And you didn 't reply so i guess you're busy that's why i decided to fetch you here so we can both have lunch together. And I'm lucky that you're practicing."


"What should I do with you Kim Jongdae? Why are you so inlove with me?" Minseok grinned.

"I don't know either Minseokie. Is there a cure for this?" He faked a frown.

"Ah that's for lifetime though." Minseok answered.

"Ah then I guess you need to get to used with this face since i'll be with your side forever.
Jongdae reached out for Minseok to give her a hug.

"It's ok with me" she smiled and hugged him back.

"So can I eat that thai dish now?" He smiled.






II.

 


"Ah wae?!"
Baekhee frowned and turn off the stove.

Kyungsoo is spending her weekend with her grandparents (Chanyeol's parents) at Gangnam.
Chanyeol was the one who brought her at the Park's residence and he's on his way home now.

As for Baekhee, there's no progress on the stew she was making.
It still taste bland and she don't know what to do anymore.

Any minute now Chanyeol will arrived and there's still no lunch for them.

"I should have just made some kimpab" she frown.
"Why am I not good with this."

Baekhee is good when it comes with fried foods and pasta. But stew/soup is her greatest enemy when it comes with cooking.
Chanyeol sometimes help her in making the stew but this will be her first time cooking it alone without the help of her husband.

And she's not doing great.

Baekhee sighed and turned of the stove.

Out of frustration, tears started falling out of her eyes And hearing Chanyeol's car outside made it even worst.

She's a crying mess when Chanyeol saw her the kitchen.
Chanyeol immediately dashed towards his wife.

"What happen? Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" He asked.

"I'm a failure. Why can't i even perfect the stew" she cried.

"The what?" Confusion is all over Chanyeol's face.

"This stew" Baekhee pointed at the pot.

"Ok!" Chanyeol nodded and stop himself from laughing. He tasted the stew and yes it is indeed lacking with flavors.

"See? What will you eat? What will Kyungsoo eat?" Baekhee cried harder.

"Honey, it's ok. I'm here I can help you with this."
"Chanyeol chuckled and wiped her tears.

"No! What if you're on a business trip?" She whined.

"Your kimchi fried rice is still the best." Chanyeol smiled.

"No! No! What if Kyungsoo's classmate asked her what I cook at home. Will she forever answer kimchi fried rice? I'm not a good wife and good mother." Baekhee sob even louder.

"Hey Baekie, it's ok. Com'on let me help you with this" Chanyeol said and soothed his wife.








"So?" Chanyeol grinned as he watched Baekhyun put the spoon in .

The wife's eyes widens.

"Wow! This is delicious Yeol!" Baekhyun is amazed.
"You are really good with this. You save my poor stew." She frowned.

Chanyeol chuckled at how cute his wife is.
She's too emotional lately.


He wonders.

"I'm just good at designing and making clothes. But i'm not a good housewife" she was about to cry again.

"Eyyy, don't say that. What's the used of me being your husband if I won't help you right? You know what you're being too emotional lately." Chanyeol said.

"Emotional? Ofcourse not." She pouted.

"Oh you are Byun Baekhee. Remember when you and Kyungsoo are playing the piano, you cried out of nowhere."

"Really?" She grinned
"Do you have any important schedule tomorrow?"

"No I don't have as far as I know. Why?"

"Can you go home on the afternoon?" She asked.

"I can ofcourse, You requested it. What is it really?"

"You'll accompany me on my obgyne." She smiled.

"Your what?!"

"You know, I might be pregnant. I just cant take a pregnancy test it might not be accurate so let's just go on a clinic to make sure. And let's extend the suspense." She laughed.




Chanyeol was speechless.

He never thought of that.


She might really be pregnant.


"Hey, com'on. Let's have lunch now."

"Y-you might be pregnant?" He stuttered


"Yeah. Someone's excited?" She grinned.

Chanyeol moved towards her and enveloped her in a tight embrace.

"Oh my god! Y-you can be pregnant!" he murmured.
"Thank you Baekie"

"Eyy, you're the one who's emotional now." She chuckled.

"I'm happy" he said as he buried his face on her hair.

"I'm happy too." She smiled.

"And I love you much" he whispered.

"I love you too Yeol-ah" she smiled.
















III.

"Good morning" the sleepy Kyungsoo mumbled as she wrapped her arms on Jongin's waist.

The latter is in front of their stove making breakfast.

"You should sleep more" Jongin said.

"I can't,  it so cold. And asher is hungry." She said.

"I made some miyeok-guk (seaweed soup)." He said.

"It's not yet my birthday." She chuckled.

"Well, Eomma said this is good for you" Jongin smiled.
"And she brought some homemade kimchi since it has probiotics that's also good for you."

"Eomma is here earlier? Why you didn't wake me up" she frowned.

"They left immediately  since she and dad got an early flight to HongKong." The husband explained as he prepare the table.
"Com'on on now stop sulking and let's eat."

"I'm not sulking. I just miss them. Mom and Dad is still at Jeju with Jiwon. Luhan is busy decorating her house at incheon. I can't bother Sophie since she's having a recital  next week" the pregnant woman pouted.

"You can bother me" Jongin said.
He pulled a chair for his wife.

"Aren't you busy with the restaurant? It will be opening soon."

"What's the used of me paying Sehun when he cant supervised the construction." Jongin said.

"So you'll stay home with me today?"
She asked.

"Ofcourse"




"Red velvet, carrot and strawberry cupcake." Kyungsoo grinned as she looked on the three baking trays infront of her.

"And I have chocolate chip cookies here" Jongin said.

"I really want to eat cookie dough. Can I?" Kyungsoo smiled at her husband hoping he'll say yes.

"For the fifth time Kyungie, No! There's a raw eggyolk here. It's bad for you" Jongin glared.

"But..."

"No! I'm gonna be putting this now on the oven. And that cupcakes too" he said.

"Just a little?" She plead.

"No chance." Jongin shakes his head.



Out of frustration,  for not having a chance to eat the cookie dough, Kyungsoo grab the leftover flour on the bowl and throws it to Jongin.

"Yahh!" Jongin looked at her with wide eyes.

She laughed and was about to grab another handful.

"Kyungsoo!" He warned. He then closes the oven.

"What?" She's giggling.

"Nanny Shin can't come this weekend. No one's gonna do our laundry. So stop it now"

"I'll do it" she said.
"I've been doing my own laundry when i was staying in Greece anyway."


"No coz your pregnant! So put that flour down." Jongin said while walking towards her.

Kyungsoo didn't notice how Jongin's hand pressed on top of the kitchen counter where some of the flours are scattered.

She was about to throw another handful when Jongin's other hand stop her from doing so.

Instead he pulled her slowly and pressed a kiss on her lips.

"I told you to stop." He whispered when they broke their kiss.
And as a revenge he wipes his hand, the one with flour, on her cheeks.

"Yaaahh" she whined.

"Now it's fair. You look cute" he laughed.
 She tried to pulled away from him but Jongin tightened his hold on her waist.

"Are you mad now? You started it though." He grinned.

Though some parts of his hair are covered by flour, he still looks handsome in Kyungsoo eyes.



Oh he will always be.

 



"What are you staring at?" Jongin asked.


"Nothing" she answered but smiled at him.

"So I'll do the laundry then" he said.

"I'll help you" she said.

"Just watch me"

"I can still do it Nini. I'll help you." She insist.

"You're so persistent and bossy sometimes. You know that?" He chuckled.

"But you love me still."

"So much" Jongin nodded and kissed the tip of her nose.
"Ahh, Asher will surely be as cute as you."

"No, he'll be just like you. He'll be my Nini bear too." She said.

"Ok, Mama bear." Jongin said.
"I love you Mama bear."

"I love you too Nini" she smiled and was about to bit his shoulder.



"But stop biting me." He frowned.
"It hurts!"


"Next time" she grinned.





"OUCH!"
He cried.




Well she's still the boss.







IV.

 



"What are we doing here?" Sehun asked his fiancee  beside him.

Infront of them is an aesthetically beautiful building.

"We'll gonna learn how to cook" Luhan grinned


"What?"

"This is a culinary school Hunnie." She said.

"I know. But why are we here? We can ask Jongin and Kyungsoo to teach us." Sehun frowned.

"They're a newlywed couple Hun. It's still their honeymoon." Luhan said.

"Kyungie noona is already pregnant.  Let me correct that they had an early honeymoon." Sehun chuckled.

"Well then you can go home. I can do it alone" Luhan pouted and let go her hold on Sehun's arms.

"I'm excited to cook. Yay!" Sehun chuckled at his sulking girlfriend.




"It's really my pleasure to teach Minseok sunbae's daughter" Hara, the teacher of that culinary school, said.

"Well my mom suggested your class to me. And i'm here with..."

"Mr. Wu Yifan's son, am i right?" Hara smiled.

"Ah yes, you know me?" Sehun asked.

"Well, you have a very well known family" the teacher said.
"So let's start? We're making some simple chinese cuisines today."






The whole kitchen was filled with whispering coming mostly from the female students.

Why not? They've been blessed by such a handsome classmate, named Wu Sehun.

And that earn a not so happy Luhan.

"What are you mumbling there?" Sehun asked.

Sehun insist that he'll share one working area with his girlfriend.

"Nothing" Hannie said but with a frown in her face.
She is busy making her stir-fried noodles.

"Are you annoyed?" He chuckled.
Sehun on the other hand is making the dumplings.

"No."

"Yes, you are." Sehun . "You know what? Get me some cabbage on the pantry" she pushed him away.

"You looked cute" he said.

"Go!" She glared.








"How did you get someone as rich as him?"

Luhan looked up when a group of girls stood beside their table.

They were on break and Sehun went to the bathroom.

"It's not for you to know" Luhan answered back, still being polite.

"" the girl, who seems to be the leader of the group, whispered.

"Jinri, isn't she the daughter of Kim Minseok? The chef? What is she doing here?" One of the girls asked to their so called leader.

"Maybe she did not inherit the talent...ohhh yeah i remembered, she's adopted" that Jinri girl laughed.

Luhan tightly grip her bag that she was holding.
She need to hold her self coz if not she might slap the girl.

"Wu Sehun has a girlfriend who came from an unknown family background. What if you came from family of thieves or murderer? That would be a shame for the Wu and Kim family right?"


Luhan is glaring at her.
"A kid like you don't fit here. Why not go somewhere else and do some partying with your friends?"

"Ohh so you're talking? What do you call an older girl who's having a relationship with a much younger guy? A cougar? Isn't it disgusting?"
Jinri continued with her mockery.

Luhan is so ready to -slapped Jinri when she heard a voice behind her.

"What do you call an immature, brat girls who loves  spending her parents money in useless parties and luxury? Aren't you the disgusting one here? You're not even on my Hannie's level." Sehun said with his serious tone and face.

"W-wu Sehun"

"Im JinRi, you're on the same class with me before right? The daughter of Engineer Im who works on one of our companies? My dad is just a call away. I can fire your father in just a snap."

"Nooo! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Jinri hysterically plead.
They will surely be miserable without his father's job.

"Not to me. To my fiancee"

Jinri looked at Luhan.
"I'm really sorry"

Before Jinri ko reached for Luhan's hand. Sehun grabbed his fiancee arms to get them out of that culinary school.








"Why did you have to do that?" Luhan asked.

"I just can't let them mock you like that" Sehun said.

The both of them were now on the car.

"Told you we should just ask Jongin and Kyungsoo noona to teach us."

"I'm sorry." Luhan lowered her gazed.

"Hey! Why are you saying sorry? It's their fault."

"Well i didn't tried to defend myself. I stayed quite. And the fact that what she said might be true. My family background is unknown. What if...."


"Ah stop that!" Sehun glared.
"They're not!"

"How sure are you?" She asked
"I'm not even from this country."


"Yahhh Kim Luhan. Auntie Minseok will be sad if she hears that from you. And trust me, you might haven't meet your real family yet but I know they're good. I'm sure of it"
Sehun said.


Luhan sighed.
"I'm sorry Hunnie-ah"


"Someday you're going to meet them. One day everything will be complete. Ok?" Sehun smiled.

"You're indeed mature now huh?" Luhan smiled.

"Of course. And you're marrying me soon."
He grinned.
"We don't need to take any cooking lessons. We can eat ramyun forever"

"Eyyy shut up. Ramyun is not even healthy."

"Then let's just experiment. Your stir-fried noodles earlier smells nice by the way. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to taste it." Sehun said

"You're such a good boyfriend Wu Sehun" Luhan is happy to have him in her life.

"And Handsome" he smirked.

"And handsome."

"Ahhh Kim Luhan, you're lucky to have me huh?" He laughed.

"Conceited!" She frowned
"But I agree"












V.

"So can I eat now?" Yifan asked.

"No!" Junhee glared at her boyfriend.

"WHY??? I'm hungry. Atleast give me some rice and kimchi." Yifan whined.

"I'm not done yet. Can you please cut some onions? Please?" Junhee asked him.

"Do you want me to cry? Why are you asking me to cut some onions?" The boyfriend frowned.

After arriving from an exhausting flight, Yifan immediately went to the Choi residence just to see his lovely girlfriend.

He's planning to spend a relaxing day with her since she haven't seen him for the last 3 days. But here he is cutting some onions for his girlfriend who insisted on making a homemade lunch for him.
She argued that Yifan might not have eaten a well meal during his business trip.

"You're doing good now huh? It's much better than the last time." Junhee praised him

"I'm good with everything Junnie" he smirked.

"Not with art." She chuckled.

"Hey, my drawings are amazing." Yifan said.

"Go on praised yourself. You're the next Picasso anyway" she teased.

"Are you mocking me Miss Junhee Choi?" Yifan frowned.

"No! Do you want some fruit salad?" She smiled.

"You know I eat everything you made for me!"




Yifan is cleaning up the mess they made while cooking while Junhee sliced  the fruits for the salad.

"Don't forget to put strawberries" he reminded.

"Oh no worries Mr. FanFan I bought lots of strawberries just for you." Junhee chuckled.

Ahh, her strawberry obsessed boyfriend.

"Even strawberry shampoo? You smell like strawberry." He grinned.

"Did you secretly sniff on my hair?" She asked.

"Oh who's that girl who immediately dashes towards me and hug me the moment I went out of my car? Isn't it you, Choi?" Yifan smirked

"Because I miss you. But that doesn't take away the fact that you sniff on my hair." She smirked back.

"Ok then I'm guilty!" He gave up and just laughed at the cute smug face of his girlfriend.
"You smell so nice I can't resist."

"You're obsessed." She laughed.

"With you? Ofcourse!"

"I mean for the strawberry, but thank you for being honest Mr. FanFan" she giggled.

"You're  being cute today Ms. Junhee." He said.

"Well maybe not seeing you for 3 days made me like this." She said.

 Her fruit salad is done and they're now ready to eat.

"Oh so should I be gone for a week again so that you'll be much cuter?" He teased.

"Do you want to die?" She said with her cute angry stare.

"I'm scared!" He laughed

"You're making fun of me Wu!" She pouted.

"Are you mad?" He suddenly hug his sulking girlfriend from the back.
His arms wrapped tightly around Junhee's waist.
"I just miss you alot babe." Yifan said

"You'll be annoying then in just a snap you'll be this cheesy. You're the cute one here my FanFan" Junhee giggled.

"We're both a cute couple right?" Yifan said.
He's once again sniffing Junhee's strawberry scented hair


"Ahhhh ants are everywhere in our kitchen Jaehyun-ah" Siwon said, who is leaning against the kitchen's door frame.

"Ohh! Fruit Salad!" Jaehyun was about to dashed towards the counter.

"This is for Yifan, Jaehyun." The older sister glared at the youngest Choi.


"Just get married you two" Siwon laughed.

"Yahh Yifan hyung, she loves you more than me now" Jaehyun fake a frown.

"Eyyy, Jaehyun, leave them alone." Siwon dragged his brother out of the kitchen.
"Enjoy lovebirds"


"They really like you" Junhee smiled.

"How sure are you?"

"Yifan, you know how protective are they, especially Jaehyun. But they don't mind having you here in our house, you being alone with me. They trust you!" Junhee said.

"Since Siwon approved it, shall we get married?" He grinned.

"Eyyy! Eat you lunch first and go buy me some ring" Junhee chuckled.



Yifan just smile and hug her.

"Soon my Junhee, I'll get you a ring."Yifan thought.

 

 

 

A/N:

Just hungry! 😢

 

NINI's  birthday chapter and HunHan's wedding chapter are all under construction!! I hope i could post it sooner 😄

 

 

 

 

 

 

And i'm currently drafting another fic

 

 

xoxo