First Snow

OHANA!

 

 

 

 

Yifan keeps on rubbing his cold hands.

How stupid is he to forget his gloves anyway.

There's no sign of winter yet the freezing air indicates that the cold weather is just around the corner.

He wrapped his coat tightly in his body and walks faster towards that first cafe he saw.
He needs coffee.


 

 


Yifan was busy scanning the menu that he failed to notice the girl on the cashier counter.

"Goof afternoon, welcome to Pumpkin's" the girl greeted.

Yifan looked down and his eyes widen as he was greeted with such an angel-like smile.

"Hi!" She smiled.

"W-what are you doing here?"

 

Why is he stuttering?



"Oh have I not told you? I work here, part-time" she said.

"No way!" He blurted.

"Why? Am I not allowed to work?" She frowned.

"N-no, that's not what I mean. I w-was just shock seeing a Choi Junhee here" he said.

"This café is owned by Minseok's brother." She said.

"The famous Chef? Sungmin?"

Junhee nodded.
"This is his stress reliever when he gets tired with managing his chains of restaurants. And our part-time job during our free time." She smiled.

Yifan is awed by how amazing a Choi Junhee can be. She's indeed not your typical rich girl.
(Ofcourse she's the heiress of Choi Corporation)

"So what do you want? Hot drinks for sure since i can see that you're freezing" she chuckled.

"Yeah! One cafe latte please." He said.

"One café latte and a slice of strawberry shortcake coming up" she smiled.

"I didn't.."

"It's for free, since we're friends. And you'll love our strawberry short cake" Junhee grinned.






Indeed it's delicious.
Just like that strawberry cupcakes she once made during their University Fest.



Speaking of that day eversince he asked her to be his girlfriend there's nothing much changed on how she approached him. She's still that sweet Junhee he first met.

 

But Yifan is the one who seems to be awkward about the situation.
He's trying to be normal infront of her, but the thought that Junhee now knew that he likes her, made Yifan more uneasy.

 

 

 

 


"Thank you so much" Yifan approached Junhee in the counter.

He doesn't want to leave that's why he tried to eat slowly but he's unlucky since Junhee is taking her time and  might not go home yet.

"No problem. Drop by again here. I'm on duty again on Sunday." Junhee smiled
"Oh and speaking of duty. I'll be out in 30 minutes." She grinned.


"I'll wait for you" he once again blurted and felt embarrassed.

"Really?  But I thought you're going now?"

"I don't mind waiting for another 30mins" Yifan smiled.








"I'm going now!" He heard Junhee shouted before exiting the cafè

"L-let's go?" He stuttered due to the penetrating cold wind.

"You're freezing! You should have wait for me inside." Junhee scolded him.

"I'm fine. It's indeed Winter" he forced a smile so she won't worry.
He secretly rub both of his hands to produce a little bit of heat to his freezing system.
He hates how his hands easily gets cold during this season and how stupid he is to left his gloves.


But she noticed.  

 


"You don't have a gloves?" Junhee frowned as she looked at Yifan.

"It's ok! Let's go? Are you going home now? I parked my car in a nearby bookstore since there's no space here earlier."
Yifan said but Junhee wasn't listening and still frowning while looking at his hands.

He didn't expect the next thing Junhee would do.
She grab his hands and clasp it together with her own.

"You're crazy" She pouted as she put bought of their hands in the pocket of her coat.
"Your hand is so cold."

"I forgot my gloves at home. You don't have to do this Jun." He said. He tried to take his hand out.

"No!" She grasp to it tightly.
"Deal with it since it's your fault. Let's go"
She started walking and slightly drag Yifan.

The man just secretly grinned.









"I love winter." She said.

"Really? Good for you then. Me and winter don't match that well" Yifan chuckled.

"Yeah obviously!" She glared.
"For me winter seems to be a romantic  season. From cuddles to mellow music, it cleary screams love" Junhee giggled.

Yifan smiled.



Yeah, Junhee is the snow angel who only wants love in this world.

And he want her love aswell.

 

 

"And don't forget hot chocolates and Christmas" she said.

"Yeah, you obviously like winter. Are you the Ice queen now?" He teased.

"I'm not a cold person" she pouted.
"You're the ice prince who hates winter."

"You know if Winter is a girl. She's not my type. But guess what Summer can be my girlfriend." He joked.


"Eyy! You'll learn to love winter. Trust me." Junhee assured.

"How? That's impossible." Yifan laughed.

 


His hand being entangled with Junhee's hand is enough for him to slowly like winter though.


But not much for him to love it for now....






Slowly white crystalized water started falling out of the sky.



Both of them looked up.


Yifan was awed to witness such event.
It was his first time to see and experience that.



Junhee on the other hand, felt a warm feeling inside her.
As if her heart was about to burst from too much happiness.



"First snow" she mumbled and smiled

 



"Wow! This is amazing" Yifan chuckled.



The first snow is now falling for that year's winter season.

Junhee looked at Yifan with a sweet smile plastered in her face.

"See, you'll love it just like how much I love winter now." She said


"So you like winter even more now?" He asked.

"Yes." Junhee nodded.

"Is it your first time too to witness the first fall of the snow?" He asked


"No. But I've been waiting for this day to come." She smiled as she once again look at the sky.

"I don't understand  but I feel great" He smiled.





He will learn to love winter for her.







 


- - - - - - - - - - -

"There's a Korean saying that if you are out in the first falling snow of the year, and with someone you like, then true love will blossom between you"

💜



 




A/N


Merry Christmas Again 😘

 

Xoxo