12. Love Is All That Matters

OHANA!

 

1 and half month ago

Athens, Greece


 


"Why do you still attends the class? You're already great!" Louise, Kyungsoo's friend and classmate in her culinary class, asked.

"I just want to learn new cuisines. And it's fun learning." She smiled.

She finally found something that could make her happy.
She once gave up on this dream but now she's here in Greece making it into a reality.

"You're such a hard working girl, K" Louise said.

"When will you ever call me by my complete name?" kyungie chuckled.

"Your Korean name is too long so i'd rather call you K, okay?"

"Okay" she laughed.





"I'm seriously fine her mom. Promise!" She said on the other line.

She can hear the worry in her voice. She wanted to tell her where she is.
But the moment she told her that she's in Greece, it's not just her parents who will come after her. There might be a Kim Luhan who will  join them.

And when there's a Luhan, there's a Sehun.

"Kyungie, all we want to know is the place where you at right now. We won't go there." Her mom begged.


"I'm somewhere safe mom. My culinary classes will end soon. Maybe after that i'll tell you where i am" she said.

She was glad that her number was a roaming one.
She's even happy that her parents didn't tried to contact or hire a professional who could track her calls and find her location.
They still consider her privacy.

"Ok, but take care of yourself there? Understand?" Her mom said.

"Yes madam Baekhee" she smiled


- - - - - - - - -



"What's that smell?" She asked.

She was in the kitchen cooking something for there Greek Cuisine lesson.

"That's so horrible." Kyungsoo complained.

"It's cheese, K. Are you sick? You always love cheese" one of her classmate said.

"I cant stand it right now. Oh my gosh i need to throw up" she started running at the back door of the kitchen.


She throws up, yet there wasn't even a single substance that was included in her vomit. All were cleared like a water.

She then felt dizzy for a moment.

"Are you ok?" Louise asked her

"Yeh. I'm ok just a bit dizzy. Maybe lack of sleep last night" she said.

"You know what, if hadn't known your for a month now, i might say that your pregnant" Louise chuckled





But it wasn't funny for Kyungsoo.






What if she's pregnant?



- - - - -



She was there sitting in her bed still holding an ultrasound picture from her check up earlier.

 

"It looks like your 7 weeks pregnant now."

 

 

She can still remember the exact words the doctor told her.

She was indeed pregnant.


She don't know what to feel right now. She's happy but at the same time she's sad.

All she was thinking right now is her mom.

How she needs her mom.


Kyungsoo pick up her phone and dialled her number.

"Hi princess" a jolly Baekhee greeted her.

"Mommy!" She said. She wanted to hold back her tears but she can't help it the moment she heard her mother's voice.

"Park Kyungsoo, what happen? Why are you crying?" Baekhee is worried.

She can even hear his dad who is panicking too in the  background.


"Park Kyungsoo, where are you. I'll go get you" her dad shouted

"I'm ok Dad, I just miss you!" She lied

 

Oh how good she is in lying.

 


"Kyungsoo don't scare your mom like that" Chanyeol said.

"I'm sorry! Can i talk to her?" She asked.

"Yes. But are you sure you're ok there?"

"Yes dad. I love you dad." Kyungsoo said

"I love you too princess" Chanyeol sighed and give the phone to a crying Baekhee.



"Baby, please go home now" Baekhee begged.

"I just miss you mom don't worry" she said.

"Princess, mommy would forgive you, trust me. I know you Kyungie. I'm your mother, you're like that when you did something wrong."

Kyungsoo tried to suppressed her tears.
Her mom knew her so well but she's not ready yet to tell her.

"I know mom. But i'm fine I did nothing. And I was a kid back then when I left Jiwon alone in his room." She force a laughed to not make her worry anymore.

"Yeah I know, and you hid the whole afternoon at your Tree House"
Baekhee chuckled too.

"I love you mom."

"I love you more princess."

"I'm sorry" she said
"For making you worry"


(And for breaking your trust on me)

 

"It's ok. When you're ready to tell me where you are. Don't hesitate to call me ok?"

"Sure mom! I love you and dad and Jiwonnie"


 

 


- - - - - - - - -


(Present time)



She's on her 3rd month of pregnancy.
And it seems like her baby is so good to her coz it doesnt caused her too much morning sickness anymore. Aside from her usual cravings everything is ok with her and the baby.

She was also lucky enough to know the gender at an early stage.

Her baby boy

Her Asher.


He might be a product of her mistake and a broken promised to her parents but she will never ever regret that he came in to her life.

He's her everything now.
Jongin's memory for her.



She might be alone on her journey right now, yet she believes that she can do it on her own.
She still calls them back in Korea, just to tell them that she's doing fine.



But Asher's existence is still a secret to them.





Jongin?

She doesn't have any news on him.

He still messages her through kakao or thru email yet she refused to answer it.







"He'll find you if he truely loves you." That's what she always tell to herself.


- - - - - - - - -



"Can't you even hear any noise in the background whenever she calls you?" Jongin asked Luhan.

"No. And she don't like video call" Luhan answered.

"This is so frustrating" Jongin wanted to bang his head in the wall or in any hard furniture.

It's been a week after he came back to Seoul and there is still no progressed on finding Kyungsoo's location.

"Can i just hire a private investigator? Or can i just tracked her calls?" He sighed.

"Let's not do that Jongin. Let's give her the privacy that she wants." Luhan said.


Luhan's phone suddenly rings.


A call from Kyungsoo.

"Kyungieee" she answered.
"How are you? Hey are you sick?"

Jongin automatically glanced at Luhan the moment he heard the word sick.

He snatched the phone to Luhan.

"Yahhh" Luhan yelled


[ "Unnie?" ]

 Kyungsoo, it's indeed Kyungsoo.



"Kyungie" he said.

There was a silence on the other line.
He thought she cut the call


["Jongin.."]

"I'm here in Seoul now. And your not here" he said

["Yeah! Glad that you're finally home"]

"Where are you?" He asked.

["You need to find me right?"]

"I'm trying my best Kyungie. Everyone is worried. And Luhan noona is right. You sound so sick."


He was worried too. So worried.


["I'm fine. Must be the weather."]

"I'm going to find you very very soon. You'll see i'll be there wherever you are right now."
Jongin's fighting spirit was fueled.

["I'll see you here then"] she laughed.

Her laughter is still a music to his ear.


I need to bring you home Park Kyungsoo.
I need you. He said to his self as if it's a mantra.

"Where is that anyway" he sighed.

[ sas doúme sýntoma, agápi mou ]

"What?"

[Bye Jongin]

"Wait Kyungsoo" Jongin wants to throw the phone when she ended the call.
"What was that?"

"Did she say something?" Luhan asked.

"Agápi Mou. That's the only words i heard before she said bye and ended the call"
Jongin sighed.



- - - - - - -

"Agápi Mou" Luhan has been reciting that words.

She hesistated to search it on the internet at first but she needs to see her.

She wanted to make sure that she's really ok.


"Agápi Mou is...."
She type the word on her phone and translated it.

"A greek phrase for My Love? Greek phrase?"
Luhan's eyes widen.


"She's in Greece!?"







"Unnie-ah you disturb my sleep" Kyungsoo whined as she answered Luhan's call.

"What the hell Kyungsoo, what are you doing in Greece?" Luhan wailed.

"Ohh Jongin told you about what i said to him" she chuckled.

"Stop kidding Kyungsoo. I'm going there"
Luhan said.

"I'll see you then too. You'll be surprised to see me." She smiled.


She needs to tell her Luhan unnie, so the casualties of keeping that secret will be lesser.



"Yeh. I'll seriously smacked your head" Luhan frowned though Kyungsoo wont see her.

"Do you want a video call?" for the first time kyungsoo offered.

"Ofcourse" luhan said.


The screen suddenly turns black. Luhan was waiting for Kyungsoo's face to appear.

"Hi" finally she saw her smile.


"Oh my gosh are you eating that much there? You look so fluffy. You're like a baozi now" Luhan said though Kyungsoo look so cute.

"Yes sort of. Well it's not just me who's eating that much" she smiled.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Say Hello  to Asher." With a grin in her face Kyungsoo slightly held the phone on a higher angle.

Luhan was about to comment on her floral dress when she noticed a little bump on Kyungsoo's abdomen.

She wanted to faint when she realized what does that bump meant.

"PARK KYUNGSOO!" She was glad her parents were at a gathering.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about this at an early stage."

"Kyungsoo, who's the father? Is he from Greece too? Is he your classmate from that Culinary School?" Luhan asked.


Now she really wanted to fly to Greece to see her and comfort her and care for her.
She was alone all this time. All through out her pregnancy



"He's not from Greece but he's a chef." Kyungsoo said.

"What's his name?" Luhan asked.

"Well he has a twin brother." Kyungsoo said.

"What? Has a twin? Can you please tell it directly. Stop kidding me" Luhan demanded.

"He's from Korea too." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Stop laughing. So he's a korean, and has a twin brother...... yaaaah Park Kyungsoo" Luhan will seriously kill someone right now.

"He's a Wu too just like Sehun" kyungsoo laughed.

"I'll seriously kill Wu Jongin" Luhan yelled



"Unnie, please don't tell him yet. I'll send you a picture of asher's ultrasound picture. Show it to my mom before you go here in Greece then call me.I don't want them to worry and to blame there self." Kyungsoo sighed

"Why do you have to go that far just to hide that Kyungsoo" Luhan wants to cry.

"I was planning to tell everyone where am I after I finished my course here. But this unexpected news came and it took me a while to have the courage."

"You're pregnant Kyungie, you shouldn't be alone." Luhan said.

"I'm actually fine her believed me. I have lots of friends now who helps me with almost everything" she smiled.


Kyungsoo was indeed a strong girl.
She might be quite, aloof and shy at first but she's brave enough to face everything.



"I'll see you then ok? I'll go there as soon as possible" luhan said.

"Thanks Unnie! Please asked Auntie Minseok and Auntie Junhee to be their in my mom's side when you tell her ok?"



Kyungsoo don't want to see her mom hurt.
But by breaking her promised to them she knows it will caused too much pain.

 



But it's as if the world is playing with them.
History truely repeats itself.


But her mom got her happy ending.




She's not sure about hers.






- - - - - -

Luhan's hand were sweating.
She was holding on to her phone tightly.

Was it even a coincidence that her Auntie Junhee wants to throw a thanksgiving party for the new succesful business deal of Uncle Yifan.

As usual it will be just them who's invited.

This will be here chance to spill the news to her Auntie Baekhee.

"Is it that important Luhannie, that you have to gather as three here in the garden?" Her mother asked.

"I have to tell something to Auntie Baekhee. You and Auntie Junhee will be my support." Luhan nervously said.

"Really? You're going to tell me something? What is it? Is it about my Kyungsoo?" Her auntie baekhee asked with her endless questions.

"Yes, it's about K-Kyungsoo." Luhan stutter.
She was holding her phone much tighter.

"Are you ok hannie?" Her mother asked.

Luhan nodded. She then reached out for her Auntie Baekhee's hands.

"Auntie, I know how much you love Kyungsoo. And i know how much you badly needed to see her now. Auntie Baek, Kyungie loves you too. She loves you so much, that she cannot bear seeing you hurt." Luhan tightened her hold on to Baekhee's hands.
Her eyes are starting to teared up.

"L-luhan, don't scare me like this. What happen to my Kyungie" her auntie Baek softly sob.

Minseok and Junhee who don't even understand what's happening started to feel that something will not be good.

"She wanted me to show this you." Luhan held out her phone to her Auntie Baek.

Baekhee's eyes then immediately look at the photo on Luhan's phone. Her eyes widens. Tears started to fall into her eyes.

"I am right all this time" Baekhee cried.
"She won't be hiding if she did nothing."

"Auntie baekie, she wanted to tell you about this but she's afraid that this will cause you pain."
Luhan said.

Minseok and Junhee was shocked too after seeing the photo but they hugged Baekhee instead. They know what she was thinking.

"Baekie, don't you ever think that you're a bad mother to Kyungsoo." Minseok said.
"She might have  her reasons."

"I want her to go home" Baekhee sob.



Chanyeol noticed them and stood up in his seat to approached them.

"What happened?" He asked.

Yifan and Jongdae who followed him had the same questioning look.

"Yeol, why does it have to be our Kyungie." Baekhee hugged her husband.

Chanyeol who do not understand the situation started throwing a confused look to Minseok and Junhee.

"Show it to him Luhan" Minseok said to her daughter.

Luhan was hesitating to reached the phone to her Uncle Chanyeol. She looked at Sehun who was curious too from the sudden gathering that happened in the garden.

"What is it Hannie?" Chanyeol asked.

Luhan sighed deeply before handing her phone.
"It's from Kyungsoo."



Chanyeol became even confused. How can they have this kind of expression if it's from his Kyungie? Shouldn't they be happy? Did something happen to his Kyungie?
The father immediately look at the picture thinking that something might have happen to his daughter.


A  familiar black and white photo. The same photo he had seen after Baekhee's visit in her obgyne back then.
The same photo he displayed in his office when Baekhee told him she was pregnant with their Jiwonnie.

"What's the meaning of this?" He asked.

"My baby Kyungie" Baekhee said while sobbing.

Jongdae and Yifan stood beside Minseok and Junhee. They are comforting the two woman aswell.
They know what Chanyeol feels right now since the two of them have there own daughters too.

"Who's the father, Hannie?"Chanyeol asked. He wanted to punch something but decided to hold his wife tighter instead.


It's not yet over. Luhan said to herself.
She looked at Her Auntie Junhee and Uncle Yifan before returning her gazed to Kyungsoo's parents.

"Kyungsoo told me that it wasn't  his fault. Everything that happened was Kyungsoo's choice. She loves him." Luhan said.

"Tell me Hannie, who is the guy?!!" Chanyeol slightly raised his voice.

Sehun then rushed beside his girlfriend.

"Uncle!" Sehun said and pulled Luhan closer to him.

"Who is He hannie?" This time it's Baekhee.

Before Luhan could answer, Jongin barged in the garden.

His face is full of excitement and relief.
"I found her!" He yelled

Everyone's eyes where on him.

"She's in Greece" Jongin grinned but slowly faded after noticing that the atmosphere is serious.

Luhan stared at Jongin.
Sehun knew it then. He knows who it was.


"Is she in Greece?" Baekhee asked.

Luhan nodded.

"Who is he Hannie? I'm begging you." Chanyeol plead.

"It's....." Luhan was scared but this is for Kyungsoo.

Her gazed then returned to Jongin.


This time everyone knows what it meant.



She Loves Him.



Baekhee knew and cried once again
Junhee burst out into tears too.

"Why?" Jongin who is oblivious with the situation.

"It's Jongin" Luhan finally said.








Jongin can't believed it.

But why is he happy at the same time?


Because he's going to be a father?




"Kyungsoo's pregnant"


That's what Luhan said.
Deep in his heart he knew it's his.

That night, that one night of their mistake, that night of recklessness, It was full of love.
And Kyungsoo is carrying the fruit of that love.


Chanyeol looked at Yifan.
The latter nodded.


Jongin saw his Uncle Chanyeol approaching him.
He gulped. He's ready to received his punched.


Chanyeol's fist was clenched tightly.
His eyes were in tears.
He's ready to punched the boy infront of him.



Jongin lowered down his gazed.
But instead of receiving a blow from his Uncle's fist, it was a hug.

"Bring her home" he said.


"Uncle....?"

"Jongin, i wanted to punched you, to hurt you for Doing this to my daughter. But it will never solve the problem. She loves you and I hope you love her aswell" Chanyeol said.

"I love her more than anything!" Jongin said.

"Then go get her! Don't you ever hurt my daughter and my grandchild. Or i won't hesitate giving you a lesson."
Chanyeol was angry yet atleast it was Jongin.
He knows how responsible Jongin is.

Baekhee approached the two and hug Jongin aswell.

"Please bring her home. She needs us." Baekhee said.

"I'll promised that I will never hurt her nor our baby. She's my life. And i'll bring her home." Jongin said

"Don't promised them Jongin" this time it's his father.
"Do it or I will never hesitate taking all your funds and your rights to all the Wu's and Choi's properties"


Jongin nodded.





- - - - - - - -





Kyungsoo was waiting for Luhan's call. She said she will be in Greece today.

She never did told her about her parents after telling them about her condition.

She was worried for her mom and dad.





The sky is so clear.

She was glad that the café across the building of her rented apartment doesn't have a lot of customers.

"Asher, we will go home soon ok?" She said as she touched her belly.

Her phone then vibrated. A call from Luhan.

"Unnie? Where are you?" She asked.

[Well, me and Sehun doesnt have a sense of direction. We got lost. We went on the wrong street. But where on our way.]

"Ohh you two are so meant to be. Take care ok?" She chuckled.

[I want you to be happy Kyungie.]

"I'm happy Unnie." She said.




Is she really happy?

 

 




"Kyungsoo..."


Someone called her name.


Her eyes widens.


"Kyungsoo."


"Jongin" she accidentally drops her phone.
"Why are you here?


Instead of answering he walk towards her and wrapped her in a tight embrace.

"I found you" he said.






He found me.



Her eyes were on tears.


He found us Asher. She thought.


Your Appa is here.




Jongin is finally here.








(End of Part 1)



A/N:

This one is a bit rushed since I wanted to have an update 😢
Been busy with work and i don't have time to write a better idea on how to end this. So i decide to have it in 2 parts.

You can help me guys. You can contribute ideas on what will happen in part 2. The part 2 is the epilogue maybe 😄

Thank you so much for waiting. Comments and violent reaction!

Love you


Oh and if you have time you can drop by at the following stories below

BaekHera Oneshot

Courage and Faith (Krisho)

 

 

Xoxo