9. Never Getting Over You

OHANA!

 

 

 

 

 

"So he's still visiting you during practice?" Luhan asked.

"Yeah, and he watched the first show" Kyungsoo said while mixing the sauce for her speciality pasta dish.

"He's that eager to pursue you, huh?" Luhan grinned

"As her part time chef, let me correct that. And please wiped that smirked in your face." Kyungsoo frowned.

"But don't let your emotions run your mind Kyungie. I don't want to see you hurt again. Though your such a good actress when it comes with hiding your real feelings." Luhan said while handing to her the sausages.

Kyungsoo nodded at the older.

But deep inside she's asking herself if she could even do it.
Not when Wu Jongin is always pestering her with his hazelnut coffee and that stupid smile of his.

"Who's condo is this anyway?" Kyungsoo curiously asked at Luhan.
The latter asked if she could cooked her favorite pasta (a.k.a Kyungsoo's special dish).
She was dragged by Luhan all the way to that high class condominium.

"Sehun" Luhan said.

"Sehun? Wu sehun? Oh my gosh, aren't you two became official a week ago? You now have your love nest" kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Yaah! This is not our love nest." Luhan blushed.
"He had this since he was 18. I just want to have dinner with him today that's all. I've baked a strawberry and banana cake." She said.

"Ahh it's the weeksary!" Kyungsoo grinned.
She's so happy for the love birds.

"Whatever your call that. And you know how much we love your food Kyungie. Don't you worry, i'll grant any favor you want" Luhan said.

"Really?" Kyungsoo chuckled

"Really! Since you'll help me today." Luhan smiled.

"Be with Sehun forever. Stay and love each together until the end. That's all i want" Kyungsoo smiled.

"I hate you! You're making me cry" Luhan stood beside Kyungsoo and hugged her.

"Sehun loves you unnie. You're so blessed with that" she said.

"Yaaah! Unnie will find you someone! That's my mission" the deer pouted at the younger.

"I'll be fine alone" she chuckled.
"Com'on let's make this day special."

 




"You don't like steak?" Jongin asked.

"No, that's too fancy. Bulgogi will do." Sehun answered. He was driving his luxurious car to his condominium.

"Korean dish is it then" Jongin said. He was contemplating on what beef and pork dishes would he cook for his twin brother and his girlfriend.

He's happy that finally the two decided to take one step higher for their relationship. He knew back then how much Sehun loves Luhan.

"Do you think she'll like this?" His brother ask with his eyes still focus on the road.

"Luhan noona? Ofcourse she will. She loves beef and  everything about you little brother." Jongin chuckled.

His brother is surely lucky to have someone as his Luhan noona.




And Why is he envious anyway? 






"Someone are laughing inside my house." Sehun frowned.

"Did you locked the door before you went out to fetch me?" Jongin asked.

"Ofcourse." Sehun said and twisted the doorknob.

Two girls are giggling in his living room.
Sehun's little deer is sitting on the floor while Kyungsoo, on the other hand, is fixing her makeup.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked.
His girlfriend told him that she'll be on a day out with Kyungsoo and they'll just meet tonight in his condo.
But looks like his girlfriend is planning a surprise for him.

"Oh my gosh! What are you doing here too?" Luhan's eyes widens the moment she saw Sehun.








The couple were on the terrace while looking at the glittering lights of Seoul's night view.
Appetizers are now served in their dating venue. It's Luhan's idea. Something she got from a DIY website.

The utensils and the stove are also busy in the kitchen.
Only the chopping and the boiling can be heard.

Kyungsoo was secretly glancing at the guy who's busy stirring infront of the stove.
She was preparing in a plate the pasta she cooked earlier.

Jongin's face is too serious.

He still got that face every time he's concentrating on something. Kyungie thought.

She was caught offguard when the guy suddenly turn his head to look at her.
Kyungsoo's face turn red and immediately return her gaze on the pasta. "Ahmm! I need you to taste if this one is ok" he said.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo was confused.

Did she heard him right? He wants him to taste the food he was cooking?

Jongin was holding up a wooden spoon while looking at her.


Screw you heart!
 Maybe he always do this with his girlfriend when he cooks!
Stop assuming things! She said to herself.



Jongin was even more confused on why is he asking her to taste the dish he was making.


He never did this before.

Not even to his girlfriend.
Because he's sure that the food he is cooking will be the best.

But not today.



He wants Kyungsoo's approval.

She hesitated at first but then started to move towards him and reached out for the spoon.

Jongin blew for the last time to make sure it's not hot.
He watched as Kyungsoo's lips touched the spoon.

Didn't he tasted the sauce from that spoon too earlier?
Is it considered to be an indirect kiss?


And why is he thinking something like that.


He has a girlfriend. He tried to shoo away the unnessesary thoughts in his head.

Kyungsoo's eyes widen the moment she tasted the dish.
It was indeed great. No doubt he's a popular chef.

"How was it?" He asked

She smiled and give him a thumbs up.


 

 



"I think we should go home now and leave them alone" Kyungsoo said. She was sitting on the counter top of Sehun's kitchen.

"You should eat dinner first" he said and handed her a bowl of rice with bulgogi on top.

"How did you make this simple bulgogi even more extravagant? It taste amazing" she said and scoop a spoonful of the dish in her bowl.

"I don't know. I just added some extra spices when I marinated it. Maybe that's the secret there" he said.

"Genius!" Kyungsoo said.

Silence.


"I'm sorry" he blurted out.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo looked at him with the spoon still in .

"I never said sorry to you before I went to LA. I know I hurt your feelings. I was very impulsive back then." He sighed.

"It's all in the past Jongin! We need to move on" she said.

[But her feelings for him won't move on!]

"I know i'm pestering you this past few days. But I really need your help." he pleaded.

"I can't just say yes immediately to you Jongin. I have so many responsibility though it will be the summer break. I hope you understand" she said.

"You're really immune with my request now" he chuckled.
"Even when I do agyeo?"

"Even with your cute face I won't say yes." She laughed.
"Hey I'm not that Kyungsoo anymore whom you will drag to anywhere just because your bored" she frowned

"But you're still squishy. That one won't change"
He said

"I'm glad you grew up to be someone as successful as what you are right now." She smiled.

"Don't you want to take up culinary again? There are lots of nice school in LA?" He asked.


["You went on your own, and I was left alone. I choose not to take up that since it reminds me of you and our broken promises"] she wanted to say that but she keep it to herself.


"I love theater." She said.

"I can see that! And you're amazing."


"How's Krystal?" She asked though she knew his answer will hurt her.

"She's fine! She's a model in LA." He answered.

But in reality, Jongin doesn't know how Krystal is right now. Eversince he left LA, he and his girlfriend haven't talked yet.
She got angry with him when he told her that he'll go to Korea.


"It's nice to hear that you two are both successful and happy." Kyungsoo said. Forcing herself not to sound so bitter.

"Yeah" that's the only thing he said.
Are they really happy? He asked his self.


"So is it ok to call you Kyungie now? Or Squishy? " Jongin asked.

"No!" She said.


"I thought we're friends now?" He whined.


Friends!


 She laughed sarcastically.



"I didn't say that!" She looked at him with a smirked in her lips

"Eyyy! Why are you like that?" Jongin, the puppy, pouted.

"Tell me first where did you get that hazelnut coffee?"

"You like the coffee?" He asked.

"Yes, to be honest" Kyungsoo said.

"I'm a barista too you know. I made that" Jongin said with a proud smile.

"Seriously?"

"I'll make you one again tomorrow, during your practice."
He said.


Then they heard a shrieking sound, specifically at the terrace.

They both run to were the sound came from and saw Sehun sitting on the floor while Luhan is checking his head.

"What happened?" Jongin asked.

"Ahmm! Nothing" Luhan was flustered.

"There's a bedroom inside, and the bed is much bigger than that sofabed. If you want to eat each other you should do it inside. It's cold here" Kyungsoo chuckled.

Jongin's eyes enlarged the moment he heard what Kyungsoo said.
When did she learn that?

"Yaahh! Park Kyungsoo!" A blushing Luhan yelled at her bestfriend.

Sehun just laughed.

"We're going now! Enjoy your night" Kyungsoo grinned and bid her goodbye.
She then eyed Jongin, telling him, using her eyes, that they should go out now and leave.

"Ahh yeah! Bye!" Jongin said.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



He's been staying for too long in Seoul.

His assistant had been calling him several times already that he needs to go back to LA as soon as possible.

He also needs to talk with Krystal and fixed everything about them.


But He was enjoying his time with his family and with Kyungsoo.
And she still doesn't have an answer to his proposal.


He loves how she sip on the hazelnut coffee he always brought to her.

He loves how her heart shape lips showed everytime she's laughing or smiling.
He even realized that he wanted to see that smile everyday during that concert they attended the last time.

He knows it isn't right to think that way to Kyungsoo. Especially that he has a girlfriend.


But he cant help it.



And he's here again, at the university. It's the last day of her play. And he's there to support.

It ended so well. Though she's not the main lead she still managed to outshine the other cast.

He waited for her at outside his car. He told her he'll just wait outside.

The door at the back part of the theater hall opened.

He though it was Kyungsoo, but it was not.

Taemin approached him.
He was about to give him a high five as greetings but there's a serious aura plastered in Taemin's face.

"Hey what's up Taemin?" He grinned.

"What's really your plan huh?" Taemin asked.

"What do you mean?" Jongin was confused of his question.

"You have a girlfriend Wu Jongin. Why are you trying to get close with Kyungsoo noona? Does your girlfriend know about this?" Anger is present in Taemin's tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about but yes my girlfriend know i'm in Seoul. But hey, Kyungie's my friend eversince were kids and you don't have the right to question that" Jongin said.

"Stop fooling around Wu. And stop giving  Kyungsoo noona some false hope when in fact you'll just fly back to LA and to your girlfriend's arms" Taemin yelled.

 He knew! He knew that Kyungsoo loves Jongin since then.
He was trying to protect Kyungsoo from the pain.

"What? Wait,Taemin do you like Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked.

"If i say yes will you leave her alone?" Taemin said.

"That's ridiculous Taemin. I can't do that" Jongin said. He's getting irritated

"Leave her alone and stop hurting her feelings."

"I'm not hurting her!" Jongin raised his tone.

"You're an idiot who only cares for his own feelings. You hurt her when you went to LA. You hurt her badly. You made her cry" Taemin pushed him.
"I regretted being your friend."

"What are you talking about" now Jongin was even more confused on what he was saying.

Before he could  ask again, a knuckles flew right into his face.

"You deserved that punched" taemin shouted.

As an answer, Jongin punched him in return.
He then wiped the blood on the side of his lips.

"Idiot" Taemin smirked as he was sitting on the ground.

It provoked Jongin to punch him again, but before he could even do that they heard kyungsoo yelling their names.

"Oh my- what are you two doing?" she yelled when she saw their busted lips.

"He deserves that" Taemin said and stood from the ground.
"Go back to LA!"

"Taemin! Stop it! Seriously? You are all grown ups." She was frustrated

"Tell your friend, I don't know what he was talking about. I'll wait for you and bring you home." Jongin went inside his car.


"Taemin what did you tell him?"
Kyungsoo looked at Taemin.

"He'll just hurt you noona!" He said

"What did you tell him?" She asked again. This time with her serious tone.

"I told him how hurt are you when he left." Taemin lowered his head.
He was there when Kyungsoo was trying to be happy. He was there when she's trying to move on.
And now that the idiot is back he could see how Kyungsoo's eyes sparkles again. And he can't afford to see how will that sparkles fade when the time comes that Jongin will go back to LA.

"Taemin, I appreciate how much you care for me. And i'm thankful with that. But please exclude yourself from this. This is my problem. I don't need you to hurt yourself just for me and for my own happiness." She sighed.

"Noona, i care for you! I like you" he said.

"Thank you for caring. And thank you for liking me. But i can't reciprocate that feelings. You can call me an idiot too but.." she forced a smile.

" ...You still like him" Taemin sighed.

"Keep yourself away from me Tae, i don't want to hurt you. You'll find someone who will love you more. And please go to the clinic." She smiled before walking closed to Jongin's car.

 

Taemin looked at Kyungsoo while she entered the car.
He's one lucky bastard to have someone like his Kyungsoo noona.

 

 



Kyungsoo asked Jongin to stop the car first when they were kilometers away from the university.
She brought the first aid kit out of her bag and motion Jongin to faced her.
She reached out for his busted lips and dab the cotton with cleaning solution on it.

Jongin winced from the sudden sting.

"Punching each other is not a solution to end any argument" she glared

"Did I hurt you that bad?" He asked

"You look stupid now with that busted lips" she said, avoiding his question

"Answer me Kyungsoo"

"It doesn't matter" she said.

"It matters. Kyungsoo, it matters! I hurted you." Jongin yelled.

"It's all in the past! I said that too many times. We can't change back what happened for the last 3 years. So forget that!" Kyungsoo eyed him.

"I'm going back to LA tomorrow." He said
"The restaurant needs me now."

Kyungsoo knew this will happen.
Atleast this time he told her he will be leaving.

But she can't still helped the pain she felt inside.

"I'll leave your plane ticket to Auntie Baekhee. Incase you'll decide to accept my proposal. But i won't forced you Kyungie." He said and started driving the car again

Kyungsoo looked at him.

 

All he knew is that he had hurt her in the past.

 

But he still wasn't aware of the fact that Kyungsoo loves him.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




"What are you doing?" Luhan asked as she entered Kyungsoo's room
"Why are you taking out your clothes?"

"Should I say yes?" Kyungsoo asked not to Luhan but to her self.

"Kyungsoo stop this!" Luhan pulled her away from her cabinet and sat her on the bed.
"Listen to me! If you decided to go to LA, trust me you'll just hurt yourself. Jongin's my friend but I care for your the most. I don't want to see you crying again."

"Unnie! I love him" she said.

"I know! But you know you can't be together. He has someone else" Luhan was trying her best to tell her the right thing.

But her mind is twisted!

Call her a hypocrite or a masochist but she wanted to be with Jongin.

Just for two weeks, she wanted to be with him.

"Just for two weeks" she pleaded.

"Kyungie don't do this please!" Luhan begged

"Unnie, this is my only chance. After this, I promise you that i'll move on. That I will forget about him" she tried not to cry.

"Kyungie, that isn't right either. You'll even hurt yourself more if you choose to do this" Luhan was the one who's crying infront of her.

"Unnie, you're lucky to have someone like Sehun in you life. Damn, even our baby girl is lucky to have Daeulie. Unnie I don't have someone. Worst that someone whom i wish to have already belongs to someone else. I know I'm stupid but this is my last chance to be with him. Hate me! But i'll go after him."

"Why are you doing this to yourself? I thought we're over with this?" Luhan asked.



"I thought so. But unnie, I did not let go of that feelings, I kept it somewhere here" Kyungsoo pointed at her heart.

"Maybe through this I can get over him. That maybe when I saw him with her, i will come to realize that he's not for me. I never told him about how I love him and I think I will never have a chance to do it too. So unnie, just give me this two weeks" kyungsoo pleaded again



Only her Luhan unnie knows about this.


She never told her mom coz she don't want her to worry. Her mother had so much of this situation before with his dad. And she don't want her to remember it ever again.

 


"I don't want to" Luhan hugged her.

As if doing that could prevent her from going after Jongin.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 



He sent her a message.
He even called her yet she never answered his calls.


He was standing right in front of her apartment with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.
He needs to say sorry to her.


But his mind is flying to that certain someone back in Seoul.


He was about to open the door when the doorknob suddenly twisted indicating that someone is going out.

But instead of seeing his girlfriend, He saw that guy he seriously hated.

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asked

"Krys, you have a visitor." The guy said instead of answering Jongin.


Jongin's hand were clenched.
He wanted to punched the guy.

Krystal's smile faded when she saw Jongin in her front door.

"Why is he here?" he once again asked

"You should go now Minhyukie" kyrstal said pushing the guy away.

"Tell him" he said before glancing at Jongin and walk away.

"Why is he in your apartment?" He was trying not to yell.

"Get inside" she said trying to avoid any commotion.

"Answer me! NOW!" he yelled out of frustration.



"Coz he cares for me!" Krystal yelled back.
"You never had a time for me ever since that business of yours came in between our relationship."

"What? I was doing this for our future" Jongin couldn't believe what came out of
"You cheated on me just because i didn't have a time to spend with you?  It doesn't sound right"

"Let's end this" krystal said.

"What?!"

"Let's end this! This isn't working anymore" she handed to him the necklace he give during their 2nd anniversary.

Jongin throws the flower he was holding earlier together with the necklace before walking away in front of his girl--exgirlfriend 's apartment.

Why is it easy for her to say that?




Was this his karma?
When he hurted Kyungsoo?



And why is he looking for her?



At times like this, why does he feel that he needs to see her smile to assure that everything will be fine?


He drove his car as fast he could.
He needs to get away from the world for awhile.






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 



"We now announce our arrival at Los Angeles International Airport.
Welcome to Los Angeles, California. We hope you'll have a great time while staying here or to any destination you are bound to go to." The flight attendant said.

 




Kyungsoo breaths deep the moment she steps outside the airport.

She took the piece of paper out of the pocket of her coat. It was given by her Auntie Junhee.

Written there is address of his restaurant.



The City of Angels.



She sighed.

How she hope that the angels would guide her for her two weeks stay in this city.









But maybe,  she could also be that Angel he needed right now instead.







A/N:

I did a fluffy update earlier.
 And now here you go.....




Do you still love me??



Xoxo



PS: Again, I love Krystal she's my bias in F(x). (LAYSTAL SHIPPER)
 I love Minhyuk too (of CNBlue, he's the minhyuk i'm referring)
And taemin's one sided love *sigh*