7.

OHANA!

~ Sometimes the hardest part is not letting go.
But rather learning to start over. ~

 

 



"Kyungie unnie, what do you think about this color? It's perfect right?" One of her co-members in the theater asked.

"This is a bit lighter, Sunye. Can we get something darker?" She said.

"Well, I should just brought you the brochure for the textiles colors so you could choose." The girl smiled at her.

"That would be nice." Kyungsoo smiled.

"Indeed being a daughter of the famous Byun Baekhee means having a good eye in fashion." Sunye giggled.

"Eyy. Stop with the compliment. My mother is the best when it comes with this things. I might really need her help here anyway." She said and noted to herself  not to  forget to ask her mom to be their fashion consultant for this play.

"Wow! Really? Wow it will be a dream come true. Byun Baekhee will design our costumes. This is such a privileged." Sunye excitedly said

"But don't tell others first. Need to confirm it first from my mom. Com'on now go get me that textile brochure. I still need to proofread our script" she said.

"You're the best Kyungsoo unnie" Sunye said and bid her good bye.



As for Park Kyungsoo she never expected to be a part of the University's renowned theater group.

It all started with the Les Miserables play 3 years ago.

No one would thought that she'd take up  Theater arts as her major since everyone knows that she had a different dream.

 

That Dream which she decided to forget.




She had learn to love theater play. From acting to organizing, Kyungsoo became dedicated to her newly found art.
She still don't have plan of  pursuing this as a career though.

Her mother had  stop nagging her on not taking culinary since then. Maybe because she realized that Kyungsoo's decision is already final.


 

Maybe even for Kyungsoo, that dream is meant to be kept as a dream instead.


 

 

 


Jongin's been calling his friends from all parts of United States just for them to recommend to him a good pastry chef.
Yet no one had pass his preference from all those recommendations.


"No I'm not looking for just a simple patissier Ryan. I need a good one. Someone who has a unique taste when it comes with desserts." Jongin said.

"Know what Boss, just hire Madam Junhee. She's the only person whom i know would fit for this job." Ryan, his assistant said.

"My mom is overqualified. And I doubt if my Baba would even allow her." Jongin frowned.

"Then you don't have a choice boss. You need to get that friend of Miss Krystal." Ryan chuckled.

"I don't like him!" Jongin glared.

"Boss, we're running out of time. I have a feeling that the inspector will visit a month from now. If we can't get a patissier  will surely fail on our desserts. Let's just ask help from your parents."

"No Ryan, this is my business. I will never seek help from my parents. I promised to myself that i can do this on my own." Jongin said.




Jongin Wu, or better known as Chef Kai. The owner and the head chef for K Mio Amore.
K Mio Amore is the most well know korean and mix culture restaurant in Los Angeles. Korean and Non-Korean customers flocked in his resto just to have a taste with some of their specialities.

Him being a good looking guy (Thanks to his parents) even became a hit. That's why his crew suggested to put up this big glass window in their main kitchen and during weekend the customers will have a view on how their food was made by one of the most handsome chefs in the world.
Then he once heard about how his restaurant deserves to gain a Michelin Star. That boiled up Jongin's curiosity about this prestigious ranking of Restaurant. Jongin doesn't need a  complete 3 stars. 1 or 2 will do because through this he can prove to everyone about how good Korean foods mix in other cultures are.


 

"Bro, I'm a model not a chef! Why are you asking me if i know a patiessier? Eomma is the only woman i know how to make sweets." Sehun snorted at his twin brother on the phone.

"Yeah! I'm so frustrated about this Hun." Jongin sighed.

"Why do you even need to hire a patissier? What for?" Sehun asked.

Jongin was silent for a while
He doesn't want to tell them yet about his conquest on having a Michelin star.

"Well, we're running out of ideas about desserts and all they know is just cakes and breads. I want someone who is unique."
Jongin said

"Wait!!" Sehun suddenly shrieked.

"What you know someone now?"

"Why don't you ask Auntie Minnie?" Sehun suggest.

"! You're right Hun! Let me call her" jongin said.

"I'll tell Mama, you're cursing" sophia said.

"Why is that little girl there? Did you put this call on a speaker mode Sehun?" Jongin asked.

"We're playing snake and ladder right now dude!" Sehun laughed.

"Don't call me little girl! When are you going home already?" Sophie pouted.

"I miss you too princess. I'm just busy here. But will visit you soon." Jongin said.

"Visit? Mama and I wants you to go home" Sophia whined.

"That would be impossible for now princess." Jongin sighed

"Oh yeah, you're Chef Kai! The famous chef kai!" The girl scowl.
"Hun oppa, this game bores me now."

Jongin then heard the sound of a slammed door.

"She went out?" Jongin sighed again.

"Eomma misses you a lot. Though we can still visit you there in LA it's still not the same." Sehun said.

"I know! But You know I can't,Hun. I worked my up to be in this spot right now. I'm making a better future for myself." Jongin said.
All he ever wanted was for his parents to be proud of him. Especially his Father.

"You don't have to be hard on yourself Jongin. Baba don't forced you to be someone as successful as he is." Sehun is worried of Jongin. He's pushing his self too much.

"I am fine. I'll call Auntie Minnie. Thanks for your help Hun. Take care of them ok?" Jongin said.

"I'm with the princess and Eomma, you should go home!"

"If i have some free time. I'll go home" jongin won't promise.

"It's not a request Jongin. It's an order" Sehun seriously said.
Sehun sounds like his dad. He is indeed Wu Yifan's other version.


 



"This one is great Baekhee" Minseok commented on the dessert placed in front of her.

"It's not me who made that!" Baekhee smiled.

"Is it you Junhee? Since it's a carrot cake and you're a rabbit" minseok laughed.

"Hey I'm not a rabbit." Junhee frowned at Minseok
"But it's not me either."

"It's my Kyungie." The proud mother smiled.
"She still bakes and cook once in awhile. Though i'm still sad she didn't take up culinary."

"Cooking can be just a hobby Baek. If she wants the theater then so be it. But this one is really good I have to ask her for the recipe so i can add this to the menu of the cafe." Minseok said.

"I always thought that Kyungie will be Minseok unnie's successor when it comes with cooking. Never thought it was Jonginnie. Now he won't even go home coz he's too busy" Junhee frowned again.

"That son of yours is so hardworking. His restaurant is running for about two years now but the amount of good feedbacks and praises is overwhelming." Baekhee smiled.

They are all proud of what have he become. But for Junhee she's just frustrated that he doesn't have the time to go home. If he could he will just stay for a day or two.

"I remembered. He called me the other day to ask for my help" Minseok said.
"He's looking for a patissier."

"Really? Why? He has a patissier already" Junhee asked.

"I don't know. A part time patissier will do that's what he said."

"Wait a minute. Is he planning to enter a contest or what?" Junhee asked. Jongin never mentioned this to her.

"Oh there is this prestigious way of ranking restaurants, right Minseok Unnie?" Baekhee said.

"Yeah there is. So he might have guess already that the Michelin Inspector will have a possibility to enter his restaurant since his resto is a talk of the town. That boy is surely clever. But I don't know someone who's a michelin worthy chef except for Sungmin oppa ofcourse."

"If he gain a star or stars then there will be a possibility too that the resto will be more popular?" Junhee asked

"It will be popular. To the point that it will be hard to book a table in his restaurant" minseok said.

"What? Then he wont even go home." Junhee pouted.

"Jun, let your son do whatever he wants. It's his choice." Minseok said.

"I know. But it's hard not to see him. That girlfriend of him can even see him everyday." Junhee frowned

"So he's still with Krystal?" Baekhee ask.

"Unfortunately, yes he is."

"Junhee!" Minseok lightly smacked Junhee in her shoulder.

"What? I don't like her. I was hoping he will end up with our pretty Kyungsoo. But that kid sure finds someone who is...."

"Who is What, Junhee?" Minseok asked her to continue.

"Nothing. I don't like her end of the story." Junhee said.

"Did you tell him about that?" Baekhee asked.

"I don't want to interfere with his affair. That's why i'm ranting this to you. I don't know about Yifan if he likes that girl since she's the daughter of his exgirlfriend." Junhee scowl.

"Eyy, jealous wife we have here" baekhee laughed

"If it wasn't for Yixing's wife, who is very down to earth by the way, I won't even consider that girl." Junhee said.
"It should be Kyungie"

"Kyungie? When will be Kyungie's summer break?" Minseok asked

"Well, it will be after the play, a month from now." Baekhee answered.

"If Jongin's is looking for just a  part time chef. Then we can.." minseok grinned.

"Send Kyungie." Junhee squealed.

"Girls aren't we overdoing this?" Baekhee asked.
"Kyungie isn't a chef either."

"But she has the talent and quality to become one" minseok said.


"Why? You don't want them to end up with each other" junhee asked

"Ofcourse i want too, since i know that daughter of mine likes Nini. No matter how much she and Luhan hides it from us." Baekhee smiled.
"But we can't manipulate their feelings"

"We are not manipulating them Baek. We're just helping them to see there feelings for each other.
Junhee said.
"If it won't work then we'll just stop. So are you in?"

"I'll try to convince her." Baekhee said.

"Me and Minseok unnie, will try to convince Jongin to go home first for him to see the chef we suggested." Junhee grinned.

"Let's hope everything will work out" Minseok said.





"He's not your boyfriend remember?" Kyungsoo said.

Luhan was lying in Kyungsoo's bed while the latter was typing something on her laptop.

"I know Kyungie!" Luhan whined.

Kyungie then take off her glasses and looked at the older girl.
"You being so lovey dovey, your petty lover's quarrel,both of you being jealous over someone or something else? The only thing you and Sehun should do is to put a label on your relationship"

Luhan just pouted at her.
"How about you? are you ok?"

"Ofcourse. Very much fine" kyungsoo smiled.

"Really?" Luhan eyed her.

"Unnie, i'm fine! Senior year in college may be tough but i can manage." Kyungsoo answered with a smile.

Luhan's unsure of what's truly running into Kyungsoo's mind.

"It's been 3 years huh? He hadn't even called you?"" Luhan sarcastically chuckled out of nowhere

"He's a successful person now, Unnie. A renowned chef, the youngest dancing chef to be exact. He's a celebrity, well known not just because of his last name but him being a genius at a young age. The hell he even fooled me by being his tutor." Kyungie laughed.
"He came home last winter vacation actually."

"And he didn't even tell you?" Luhan frowned.
"And sehun didn't too"

"Sehun doesn't know. He's just here to fetch Krystal who went home for awhile. Then  they both flew to Beijing since the Wus were spending their Christmas there remember."

"Kyungie, aren't you hurting? You and him are bestfriends. When we're kids the both of you couldn't be separated. " Luhan said ang backhug the younger.

"That's the keyword there Unnie, i'm just his bestfriend. He might liked me before as what you and Sehun believed to but that's just it. He loves Krystal more." She forced a smile and patted Luhan's arm that was wrapped around her neck.

"It's ok you'll find someone who's much deserving with your love. Unnie will find you someone" Luhan smiled.

"Eyy! Go and tell Sehun first you want him to be your boyfriend!"

"What if he don't likes me anymore" luhan pouted.

"Are you kidding me? Like everybody knows that Sehun is too madly inlove with you. And so are you with him. He is making his name in the modeling industry, you should tell him that you love him now or else."  Kyungsoo said.


"Isn't it awkward? He's 21 and i'm 3 years older than him"

"Unnie we've talked about this. There's no age limit in love. FYI, Auntie Minnie is older than Uncle Jongdae remember?"

Luhan sighed
"I guess you're right Kyungie."

"Unnie, there's no harm in trying or risking that feelings. Atleast you tried. Or you'll regret not telling him in the first place" kyungsoo smiled.



Just like her. Kyungsoo thought.





"Thanks Taemin. This will surely be a big help for the Theater Group." Kyungsoo said.

"No worries, Kyungsoo Noona. I'll just ask some of my group member to help you too with some of the choreography so it would be much easier."
Taemin is from the Dance Major.

Since the Theater Arts Major will have a musical play a month from now, she was incharged with finding some professionals or those with talents that will help them with the dance and sing production.
Her Uncle Jongdae agreed to be their vocal coach. Luhan being a Music Major Graduate of the University agreed to be their pianist but just for the weekend show of the play since she has her classes. (She's a music teacher for the kids in the school owned by their Auntie Junhee)

And Lee Taemin here will be their dance choreographer.

"Will pay for your talent fee Taemin. So you don't have to worry" kyungsoo smiled.

"Oh really? But a lunch with you is fine with me as a fee for my help" Taemin grinned.
"And if you insist of paying me of money instead i won't pushed through with helping your play."

"Tsk! Fine Lee Taemin. But i'm trying to save my allowance for something important so i guess your dad's chicken is ok with you." She smirked.

"Sneaky Park Kyungsoo. Sure, though i've been eating too much chicken all my life" he frowned.

"Eyy, Uncle Onew's chicken is the best." Kyungsoo smiled

"Whatever. You're just like Jongin telling me how great is my dad's chicken. Well that guy was so obsessed with chicken anyway"  Taemin laughed.



Yeah Jongin loves chicken.


Kyungsoo just smiled remembering the latter.





"Stupid Wu Sehun" Luhan muttered.
She's on her way to the 15th floor of Special Entertainment.

Sehun asked her if she could bring something to eat coz he doesn't like the food that were served by the production crew.

"This brat is so picky when it comes with his food." Luhan is  still ranting about everything that he hated about Wu Sehun.

When she arrived at the photoshoot room she was awed by how much awesome the set up is.

"Wow!" The only thing she said.

The crews were all over the set, Some are running around. The flashes of the camera and the technology used by the photographer and editor.
It's such an awesome place indeed. Luhan thought.

Her eyes looked for a certain tall guy.

He was there, right infront of the camera. He's posing with his serious face.

"Luhannie, what are you doing here?" It's their Uncle Leeteuk. He's the owner of that entertainment company.

"Bringing some lunch for that kid" she smiled.

"He's still picky huh? That's why he never eats together with the crew during lunch time when we have our shoot."

"Yes he is. Auntie Junhee might not have prepared a lunch box for him that's why he decided to bother me." Luhan frowned.

"That's because he loves you" leeteuk laughed.

"No uncle, he loves to annoy me." She pouted.

"You two are so oblivious and indenial." Leeteuk shakes his head.

"What did you say uncle?" Luhan ask, not hearing what he said.

"Nothing! You should wait at his dressing room."

"He has a dressing room?" Luhan asked.

"He's my godchild. Special treatment for him." Leeteuk laughed.

"Uncle! You don't have to that. You're just spoiling him. He'll surely be a bratty artist" Luhan.

"It's ok. I need to go now i need to attend a contract signing."

"Thank you uncle." Luhan smiled at the older.

"By the way Lu, my offer is still open about that project me and your uncle Chanyeol was planning. I hope you'll accept it." He smiled.

"That would be impossible Uncle Teukie. You know i'm not made for this kind of business. I'd rather teach music for the kids."

"But i hope you'll consider it, Like Daeul"

"Daeul's a musically inclined guy, Uncle and he's socially active. We're very much different" Luhan chuckled.

"You both are good in music actually. You just have to realize that." He said.

Then somebody's arms encircled at Luhan's shoulder. They never noticed that the photoshoot was already done.

"So where's my lunch?" Sehun smirked.





"When did you have your own condo?" Luhan asked. She was sitting on the front seat of Sehun's car while the latter was driving.

"I have that since I was 18, but i never stayed there anyway." Sehun said.

"Why are going there then? " Luhan asked again.
After Sehun finished his lunch he immediately ask the production crew if he can go home since his part of photoshoot is already done. Luhan thought home means will be at the Wu Mansion.
They were on the car when Sehun told her that they will go at his condominium.

"Miss Kim Luhan, just sit there and stop questioning me." Sehun said.

"Are you going to introduced me to your recent girlfriend? She might be staying there right now." Luhan frowned.

"That's ridiculous Han!" Sehun chuckled.

"Then why are you suddenly dragging me to see your condo? You kept that from me for 3 years by the way" she glared.

"You sound like an angry girlfriend right now Hannie" Sehun laughed.

"It's not funny Mr. Wu Sehun" Luhan pouted.

"I just wanna rest for a while ok? It's near than going straight home. I've been at the photoshoot since 2AM and i'm so sleepy. I'de rather sleep first than to risk you and me in an accident. And i'm sorry for not telling you about this condo." Sehun explained.

Luhan was silent and suddenly felt guilty from her accusation.

"Hey don't be quite there. You're scaring me" Sehun said.

"ImSorrytoohunnie" she mumbled.


"What?" Sehun asked.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"You look cute." Sehun laughed and reached out for her hands.

"Yah! Focus on your driving" she said and was about to shoved it away. But Sehun intertwined both of there hands.

He smiled.

 

She smiled too.


 



"When are we going on a date?" Krystal asked Jongin.

"I'm busy, maybe next weekend."
Jongin answered. His eyes still on his laptop.

"What? You've been saying that since last month. Hey, i'm the girlfriend here that needs her boyfriend" krystal frowned.

"Kryst, I have so many documents to check and i need to supervised the kitchen. I'll make it up to you ok?" Jongin said.

"No! I'll ask Minhyuk to go out with me." Krystal grabbed her things.

"Wait, what?! That chef friend of yours?"

"Yeah! You have a problem? Atleast he makes time for me!" She slammed the door.

Jongin sighed from frustration.
He then picked up his phone who's been making noises.

"Hello."

"Nini! How are you?"

"Hey Auntie Minnie! I'm fine. Why did you call?" He smiled.

"You sound so tired. Anyway I have a good news for you" Minseok said.

"Really? What is it?"
Jongin asked. Finally something that could lift up his spirit.

"I found your patissier. She's not a chef but based on your description she's the perfect person you're looking for."

She? It's a woman. And she's not a chef but can bake and cook?

"But you need to meet her first before I send her there in LA."

"You want me to go to Korea Auntie?" He asked.


"Yes Nini! She's a bit stubborn you know. But if you don't want to then I'm sorry. She's the only one i knew" Minseok sighed.

Jongin was thinking.

If he won't accept her then he will only waste his time on finding someone again that could be his part time patissier.

He would never consider Krystal's friend! NEVER!

"Auntie Minnie, i'll book a flight next weekend. Can you please arranged a meeting with her?" Jongin said.

"Great! Sure I'll do that"
A grin is visible in her face.

 

First Mission Accomplished.



"What will you do this Summer Break?"

Kyungsoo looked at her mother.

"I don't know. It depends on what you and dad plan. Or what is Luhan's plan." She said.

"Do you want to try a 2 weeks cooking class?" Baekhee asked.

"Mom! We've talk about this. I can still cook or bake if you want to. But to take up classes that would be impossible!" She said.

"I'm just asking. How about a vacation in the state?"

"Mom! Are you and dad planning to have your third honeymoon or what?" Kyungsoo smiled.

Baekhee blushed from what her daughter said.

"No we're not. But since you mentioned that maybe i will think about it. You need to have a vacation too since you're such a hardworking daughter." Baekhee said.

"I'm fine mom. I'll just prepare for my finals and graduation. You and dad should enjoy. I can take care of Jiwon too." Kyungsoo said.

"That's why you should take a vacation. You've been studying too much. We have a house in LA why not go there and have fun. You can ask Luhan to come." Baekhee said.

"Mom, why are you pushing me to go to the US? " kyungie looked at her mother. She's being weird today. And of all places, why LA?

"Since we have a house there? Princess, please consider it ok?" Baekhee with her pleading look.
She's hoping that this will change her daughter's mind.

"I'll think about it after the play ok?" Kyungsoo sighed.

"Thank You princess!" Baekhee hugged her daughter.
Atleast there's a slight chance that she'll accept the offer.




The car went inside the big gate of the University.
Jongin smiled as he saw the field where the football players are playing. It has been three years and he missed this place too much.

He's in the car with his Eomma and Auntie Minnie.


Then he realized.
Why are they in the University?
He thought he will be meeting the patissier.
Is she a student?


The car stop right in front of the Theater Hall of the University.






"Ok, can we have a last round of practice before we have our lunch break?" Kyungsoo asked

Her members shouted a Yes and started doing the sing and dance routine.
The play will be next week. And even though it's weekend they are so busy practicing coz they want to give a good show for everyone.
It's not about the good grades but making their audience happy of there performance.
Her phone vibrated. An incoming call fron her Luhan unnie.

She went to the corner of the stage to answer.


"Kyungieee!" Luhan shouted from the other line

"Aww! Do you have to shout?" Kyungie pouted.

"I have to tell you something!"

"What is it?" She asked.

"He's Here! Kyungie, he's here" luhan was squealing or maybe shrieking on the other line.

"Who's here?" She asked again. She don't understand what she was talking about.

"Kyungie!!!" She heard someone who shouted her name again.

It's her Auntie Junhee. She is waving at her while walking towards the stage. Beside her is her Auntie Minnie and.....


That someone she ought not to remember.


That someone who became so handsome throughout the years.

 

 

That someone who broke her heart apart three years ago.
 

But why is it beating all over again just by seeing his face?

 

Why is it all the feelings she buried a long time ago are trying to come out?


The shocked is also present in his face.


"Kyungie!Jongin is here!" Luhan has been shouting his name on the other line.

"I know!" She said

"Huh? What do you mean you know?" Luhan asked



"He's here. Right in front of me" she said.


 

 



Did she really let go of that feelings?



Coz if yes...


Then why is she falling all over again?

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Hello! Don't kill me i know it's a bit of a cliffhanger 

 

Xoxo