6. I wasn't meant to for you

OHANA!

 

 

 

 

The sky is so dark.
Any minute now the rain will surely fall.

Kyungie dashed out of the building to join the flock of people who's making their way out of the university.

She sarcastically laughed at herself.

Well the weather kinda matches with what she feels right at that moment.

Too Gloomy, too Sad.



No matter how much she denies it, she miss Jongin so much.

She missed how much he annoys her.

She missed his presence.

But she can't tell him that now.

She don't have the right to tell him that.










It's weekend and it's so lonely.

She have nothing to do today.
She was just up there, in her tree house, looking at the blue sky.

"You look so stupid right now, Kyungsoo" she said to herself.
"He won't pop up out of nowhere. He's busy. Besides you're not even texting him or calling him, so don't expect." She sighed.




"Hey you there! Are you talking to yourself."
Someone suddenly yelled.

 


Kyungsoo's eyes automatically look down.

He's there.

And he's smiling at her.


"Yahh! You scared me, you idiot. What if i fall?"
She said.

"I'll catch you then." He laughed.

Idiot. I already did. She thought.

Jongin then went up the tree house and sat beside her.

"What are you doing here again? Who did you miss this time? Jiwon? He don't like you" Kyungsoo asked

"I miss you" He said

"I don't" She said.

[Stop doing this to me Jongin. I don't want to dig deeper into this feelings]

"It's ok if you don't, but i miss you" he smiled.

[I hate you!]

 

"How's Krystal?"

"Oh she's fine. She has a photoshoot today."

"Ahhh so that's why you are here? Coz you two can't go out for a date since she's busy" she said

[See,  you're just his second option Kyungie]

"It's not like that. I want to see you too. So what's up? What school should we choose?"
Jongin asked

"Any school will do. I just want to cook and be like Uncle Sungmin and Auntie Minnie" kyungsoo said.

It's her dream ever since that day she first visited the kitchen of one the famous restaurant owned by their Uncle Sungmin.
She wanted to learn, she wanted to be a famous chef too. Well chefs only interacts with limited people and only stays in the kitchen. That's so perfect with her shy personality.

The kitchen is her calming place besides ofcourse of her ever awesome Tree House.
And cooking has been her stress reliever.

As for Jongin, well it was during their childish moments that he'll be whatever Kyungsoo wanted to be in the future.
They made a promise in that tree house.

 

"Kyungie..."

"Hmm?" She looked at him

He's looking from afar. She knows he's thinking.

"Nothing"

"Seriously? You're calling me then you'll just say it's nothing" she glared.

He looked at her and smiled. He reached out for her head and ruffled her hair.

"I don't wanna see you sad Kyungie. Wish i could never see you sad." He said.

"What are you talking about?" She was suddenly confused of what he was talking about.

"Lately I noticed that you're feeling gloomy. I know you rarely smile to everyone whom you're not close with, but i can still see the sparkles of happiness in your eyes. Now i couldn't see that sparkles" he said.

[It's because of you stupid]


"I'm fine!" She said. Yes she'll be fine

"If you have problem you can actually tell me."

"I don't have a problem Wu. I'm fine." Kyungsoo said.

"Are you sure?" Jongin is not convinced

"I am very much sure."

"Well then let's go out next weekend. Let's play arcade" he said.

"What? Aren't you have a girlfriend? Go ask her that"

"Well Krystal likes dinner date and shopping. She don't like those kind of activities."
He said

"Ohh! Ok! Fine, you'll treat me at Pumpkins if i win? Game?" She grinned.

"That's the happiness I've been looking for. Game!" He chuckled.


 

Just this once. Please let me have him just this once.
 I  can only have him through this.
She said to herself.

 

 

 

 



Luhan is whining about how much Sehun loves to annoy her. Kyungie just laughed at the older since it's too obvious how they love each other so much  yet Luhan is so afraid to risk everything.

They are in the University's Cafeteria having some Lunch.
"But wait a minute. You look glowing today, Kyungie. The last time I saw you, you seems to have a dark aura surrounding you."
Luhan said as she munch on the fries infront of her.

"Coz it's a Sunny day, unnie. I'm happy with that!" She smiled.

"No it's not about the weather. Did Jongin left his girlfriend?" Luhan asked.

"Yahh, unnie! Don't say that, someone might hear you and will think we're backstabbing her" Kyungie said.

"Does she eats in this kind of place?" Luhan shrugged.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well you know she's rich. She may not like the kind of foods that were served in this cafeteria."
Luhan said.

"Maybe she's not like that. Like us, we're also rich we also love this kind of foods." Kyungie said. But she can't help noticing that there is something behind on how her Luhan unnie describes Krystal.

"We're different Kyungie. You, Me, Sehun, Jongin and our siblings. Though we are very fortunate that we have everything that we wanted, We were  never raised to be a socialites. Are parents had enough of those during their childhood days. We grew up to be just like those normal kids with normal family. We fall in line in the airport though we all know our fathers owns a private plane. You wear normal brands of clothing though your mom is a famous designer and owns the well known QueenBH brand."
Luhan explain

"What do you mean by this unnie?"

"She was raised in a socialite family. I can read people's personality just by looking at them. And she's not like you."

"I didn't know you have a superpower" Kyungsoo laughed.

"Eyyy! But seriously Kyungie, she's not like you.  You have such a good heart." Luhan smiled.

"Let's not judge her yet unnie. Besides Jongin love her"

"You and Jongin are much more frustrating than Wu Sehun." Luhan frowned








Kyungsoo will be having a test a few days from now. So she's at the library studying her lessons since it was the only place were she can focus.

She then heard a group of girls who's talking to loud at her back. Kyungie was about to tell them to low down their voices when she realize who it was.

Krystal.

"Why isn't he answering my call? I hate him" she heard her whined.

"Maybe he has a practice Krystal." Her friends said.

"Ughh! So what do you want to do this weekend? Let's watch a movie at home." Krystal said.


Oh she's inviting her friend to watch a movie at her home. She might not be that bad. Kyungsoo thought.

"Our home theater has been fully renovated. It has 3D now." She said.

"Should we invite Senna?" Her friend asked.

"No! I don't like her. She's out of the group remember? She's too second rate for us." Krystal said.


She's not that good. Kyungie sighed.


"And did you know that she has a crush on your boyfriend too?" Her friend suddenly said.

"WHAT? That . I seriously hate her now. But oh well Jonginnie will never look at her. She's out of our league. Just like how i hate this certain girl"

Kyungsoo can feel the hatred in her voice. Who's this certain girl?

"Who's that girl your talking about?" One of her friends asked again.

"Oh she's from the college department. She's Jongin's bestfriend. That boyfriend of mine is so oblivious. That girl is just lucky she got Byun Baekhee and Park Chanyeol as  her parents. She's plain rich, nothing else. She's boring." Krystal laughed.

"Do you mean Park Kyungsoo? But she's a good singer. I like her performance at the Les Miserable Play."  

"Well she's just good in that aspect. Let's go i need some Starbucks coffee" and she stood up and started walking out of the library together with her friends.




She hates me?!

But why? Kyungsoo asked her self




 

 



"Now you look pretty" Luhan grinned as she scanned her work of art.

"Why do I have to wear a skirt? And what's with the make up?" Kyungsoo frowned.

"Duh Kyungie, it's just a lipgloss and small dab of blush. You don't need a heavy make up at all coz you being natural is much beautiful. And this is your special day with Wu Jongin." Luhan smiled.

The older knows that behind the frowns and pouts in Kyungsoo's face, the girl is very much happy about spending her day with Jongin.

If her relationship with Sehun is complicated then how worst would it be for Kyungsoo?
How she wish that this two would just end up together but it's not that easy since Jongin already had someone.

They heard a knock on the door.
It was a grinning Baekhee taking a peek.
"Someone would like to help you girls" she said and opens the door wide.

A waving Sophie greeted them.

"Hey pretty what are you doing here?" Luhan asked.
She and Kyungsoo loves Sophia. She's as pretty as her mom. Sophie is a beautiful girl with a good heart. They do understand why the twins is too protective with her.
Even she and Kyungsoo would ready to punch any guys who will hurt this precious girl.

"I've heard from my mama that Kyungie unnie and Ini will have a date today. I wanted to help." Sophie smiled.

"It's not a date baby girl" Kyungie frowned.

"It is, for us." Luhan grinned.

"Let me fix your hair unnie" Sophie volunteered.

Kyungsoo just sighed.





"Break a leg Kyungie" Luhan said.

"Make him fall for you" Sophia giggled.

"Girls have you forgotten, he has a girlfriend"

"I don't like his girlfriend" Sophia pouted.
"She's nice but I can feel that it's not for real"

"Let's give her a chance ok? Since Jongin loves her." Kyungsoo caressed the younger's cheeks.
She don't want them to worry so she decided not tell them about how Krystal hates her.

"But I like you more for my oppa" Sophia whined.

"We can't push something that isn't meant to happen baby girl." Kyungsoo smiled.

 

No matter how much she wanted that too, she only wish for Jongin's happiness.




"I'll be there in 30 minutes ok? Stay inside the cafè" Jongin said on the other line.
He ended the call and sighed.

He should be at that cafe right now, he and Kyungsoo's meeting place, for their day out.
But unexpectedly his girlfriend called her saying she wasn't feeling well.

"Jonginnie, my head hurts" she heard him whined

"You should sleep Krystal!" He said and sat beside her bed.

"But if i do, you would leave me here alone" she said.

"Just sleep babe, it will make you better" Jongin said.


Away from Jongin's sight, the girl closed her eyes with a slight smirked in her face.







"It's not a sunny day indeed" Kyungie sighed.
She was looking right outside the glass walls of the café.

The sky outside is gloomy again.
It's been 1 hour since the last time Jongin called her.
Why is she still waiting for him?
She should go home!

Well she's pathetic. She's still hoping that he will come.

She stood up in her chair and walk towards the café's exit, leaving the now cold coffee she didn't even drink.




"I'm waiting for a taxi now Lu unnie. No, krystal is sick" She was talking with Luhan on the phone.
"He called me that we will just meet next saturday" she lied.


She ended the call and look at the dark sky.
Droplets of water is slowly falling.
Good thing she had her umbrella.

Yes she's indeed waiting for a taxi right infront of that café, but multiples of that vehicle had already pass by yet she refuses to call one.

Again, she's pathetic, still hoping.


"He won't come Kyungsoo!" She's trying to convinced herself.

Rain is now pouring. People rushed inside the café or in the establishments near just to shield themselves from getting soaked up.

She sighed, the sky is so alike with her heart right now.

Crying!


"Let's go home Park Kyungsoo" she told herself.


"Kyungieee!"


She looked back at the person who shouted her name.


Standing  just on the other side of the street is the guy who she was waiting for.

He's soaked up in the rain yet with a happy grin in his face.

The green light of the pedestrian lane lights up and the guy dashed towards her.

"I made it" he said.

She looked up and scanned his face.

His wet hair, his puppy like eyes and his smile.

He's truly here.

She held out her umbrella to shield them both from the rain.

 

Kyungsoo smiled.


 


The two ended up in a jjimjilbang (Suana/ BathHouse), since Jongin is already drenched in the rain.

Kyungsoo smiled as she looks around. That part of the bath house was filled with families who just want a relaxing weekend.
The kids were running around with a cute little towels in their heads.


"Bake eggs and sikhye (Sweet rice beverage) " Jongin announced as he sit down and place the food in the floor.

"Why you only got one sikhye?" Kyungsoo frowned.

"It's the last one. They haven't made a new one yet" Jongin said.

"So what do you mean by this?" She asked.

"We'll share. Don't be picky, we've been sharing  foods ever since we're kids." Jongin said while munching on the kimbap he was holding.

Kyungsoo just glared and grab the bake egg on the floor.
Then an idea pops into her pretty head.
She held the egg up high  and without a warning smashed it on Jongin's forehead.

"Yaaaaah" the guy shouted from the sudden assault.

Kyungsoo rolled on to the floor while laughing so hard.

"Wow! Park Kyungsoo, you evil person" Jongin glared. He's caressing his now red forehead.

"That was funny!" Kyungsoo giggled.

"I hate you Kyungie. Why do you have to hit me like that? Was it your revenge for making you wait too long?" The puppy pouted



Kyungsoo was silent for a while.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"Yah! I was just kidding! I'm not angry. Well yeah it hurts but hey don't be sad." Jongin panicked seeing how the girl's face became sullen.

Kyungsoo handed him the egg.

"You want me to peel it for you?" He asked.

She smiled.

He smiled back.



(Is this a high class jjimjilbang? Lol )

 



"I'm sorry about today. It should be a fun day" Jongin said. He was lying in one of the resting bunks inside the sleeping area of the bath house.

"It's ok. Besides your girlfriend wasn't feeling well. How is she anyway?" Kyungsoo asked.

"She's fine now. I guess. She was sleeping when I left."

"She'll look for you when she wakes up."
Kyungsoo said and look at the man beside her.

"I know but I can't just abandon my bestfriend right? I was the one who invited you anyway."
Jongin said

"You can just text me Nini. I won't mind" she said.

"I do mind though!" Jongin laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Ya! Stop messing with my hair" she kicked him.

"Eyy! What if I fall? This bed is too small. Don't be harsh on me squishy." Jongin whined.

"Thanks for today Nini" she smiled.

"You've been smiling a lot today" he said.

"Is it bad?" She asked.

"No! I love  seeing you smile" Jongin grinned.

I love yours too. She said to herself.








Kyungsoo's heart belongs to that someone who's peacefully sleeping beside her.

His eyes, his nose, his lips, everything about him that makes Kyungsoo's heart beats faster.


No matter how much she tries to forget her feelings to towards him, yet she can't let go of that love.

"I didn't mean to love you Nini" she softly said.
"I should have tried to control my own feelings."
She reached out for his head and slowly runs her fingers through his soft hair.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to be with you just for today. I don't know but I have this feeling that we won't be able to do this again. I'm scared Jongin. But I hope you'll always be here."
She's so stupid talking to a sleeping Jongin.

But this is just her only chance to tell him this unspoken words of her mind and heart.

"Today you're mine, and I'll be yours. Just for a while Jongin, just for a while." She buried her face in Jongin's shoulder.



She knows that He won't even mind if he wakes up seeing Kyungsoo was hugging him already.




He won't ever know that the girl cried herself to sleep beside the man she believed that will never be hers.









Kyungsoo's eyes widens when she saw what Krystal did to the girl.
She poured the whole content of her coffee to the girls head.

"Stop trying to be a part of our group Senna." She said and leave the poor girl crying.


That hallway was on the end part of the building so nobody saw what happen.
Kyungsoo walk towards the crying girl and held out her handkerchief.

"Here, don't cry" she said.


"She's evil" the girl cried.

So she's that Senna. Kyungsoo thought.


"Where do you want to have lunch?" Jongin ask Krystal.

"I want to have japanese today" she smiled.

"Krys!" One of her friends called her

"What?" She asked.

"You need to see what's on the bulletin board today!"
Her friend said. There's something bad in her facial expression





'So You think she's perfect? She's not! The princess is from a broken family.'

 

That was the statement written all over the bulletin together of  the pictures of Krystal's father with different woman.

It's the truth.

Yet Krystal hid those things to everyone's eyes since she wanted to be perfect. She wanted to be the best.

Jongin pulled her away from ripping all the pictures that was posted.

"Who did this?!" She shouted.

Nobody answered.

Lots of eyes pitied her, some are judging her.


Kyungsoo saw what happen since she's on her way to meet Luhan at the cafeteria.

 




"Hi"

Kyungsoo look at the girl who greeted her.
It was Senna.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" She smiled.

"I want to return this to you!" Senna smiled and held out the handkerchief she gave her the other day.

"Oh it's ok. You don't have to return this though" Kyungsoo smiled.

"You're such a nice girl unnie,Jongin's right" She said.

"You know Ni- I mean Jongin?" Kyungsoo ask.

"Well she's Krystal's boyfriend. But that evil girl don't deserved someone like Wu Jongin." Senna frowned.

"Jongin loves her" she smiled.

"Jongin is just blind. But oh well she deserves what happen yesterday. Atleast she's not the perfect princess she was trying to tell everyone here." Senna laughed.



There's something behind that laughed.



"You did that?" Kyungsoo asked.

"It's just a small thing Unnie. She deserves it anyway. She's the worst." Kyungsoo could hear the hatred in her voice.

"Revenge isn't the answer in everything Senna."
She said.


"I'm just trying to be friend with her. But she made fun of me. I thought I was just winning her trust but no, she and her friends made me into a laughing stock." Senna can't help but cry.

"You need to say sorry to her Senna. No matter how painful those people did to us we should learn how to forgive them" Kyungsoo learned that from her mother.

"You're such a good person unnie. Jongin should fall to someone like you. Not to an evil witch" Senna said.

"We can't teach a heart to love someone"

"Thank You unnie."

"So you'll say sorry to her ok?" Kyungsoo said

"She won't be here though. She drops out and decided to continue her study at LA"

"Really? But graduation will be coming soon?"


The two didn't notice the piercing looks of someone.









Kyungsoo was on the quite part of the school field waiting for her Luhan unnie.

"So you're conniving with her?"

Kyungsoo look up at the girl who's standing in front of her.

It's Krystal.

"Glad that I'm going to LA this weekend. I should be able to confront you first" Krystal said with her piercing gaze.

"I don't know what your talking about" Kyungsoo said

"You and that Senna posted those pictures right? You wanted to embarrassed me to the whole school. Well since you have the money you paid someone to investigate my family's background.  You . You're just playing innocent. Is that the extent of your jealousy towards me? Because Jongin choose to be with me?" Krystal was accusing her.

"Krystal, you're making a mistake. I would never use my parents money to destroy someone's reputation. And I don't have anything against you" Kyungsoo said.


"Oh stop playing like you're the good girl here. I know you like Jongin. But hey, wake up! Jongin loves me and you will always be just his friend. And guess what you're just worst than me. If i know, your mother wasn't married yet when she got pregnant with you. Was it a force marriage?
Krystal smirked

"Stop accusing me too with something I didn't even did. I don't care if you hate me. But don't you ever drag my mother here. You don't know me nor my family. You're barking on a wrong tree Krystal" Kyungsoo glared.

"We're not finish yet Park Kyungsoo. Guess what i'll convinced Jongin to follow with me in LA. You'll be left alone here." Krystal laughed.

 

 

 


It's one of their family gathering again. This time it's at the Kim's household.

Luhan was trying to teach Sophia with some basic  voice lesson yet the latter couldn't concentrate since Daeul keeps on making fun of her.

Sehun was playing chess with Jiwon.

Jongin and Kyungsoo were at the garden.

 

 

Kyungsoo heard Jongin sighed.

"Problem?" She asked.

"It's Krystal. She's been stress due to what happen at the university. I've been trying to comfort her. But it's hard since she's in LA."
Jongin said.


"Nini.." Kyungsoo called.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure about your feelings toward her?" She asked

"Huh? Ofcourse! I would never date her if I'm not sure. Why do you ask?" Jongin stared at her.

"I wanted the best for you Jongin, since i'm your bestfriend"

[Since I love you. She thought]


"I'm doing great. What's with this Kyungie?" Jongin knows Kyungsoo too much that he thinks there's something bothering her whenever she's like this.



"Well I've heard so much about her. But I don't want to judge her yet Jongin. I just want to protect you from everyone else, well since i'm your noona, and you've been a family for me."
Kyungsoo is trying her best not to tell something bad about his girlfriend

"I can protect myself Kyungie. And the things you've heard about Krystal, those are just rumors. Lots of people are trying to bad mouth her since I'm dating her."
Jongin said.



She was silent for awhile



"I've meet Senna, she's one of Krystal's friend. She told me about her." Kyungsoo confessed.



Jongin's eyes widens


"What?! Kyungsoo, she's the bad person. Are you telling me that you believed everything that she said? Didn't you know she likes me? She wanted me to break up with Krystal." Jongin was irrated.

"No, i did try to defend your girlfriend. But...."


"There's a but, Kyungsoo" he cut her off.
"You're trying to conviced me  that my girlfriend is bad? I don't want to believe Krystal's friends at first. Them saying that you helped Senna to spread those bad rumours against my girlfriend. But because of this I don't know what to believe now. Kyungsoo, of all people, you're the one whom I believe I could lean on to in this kind of situation. But I was wrong."


"Jongin, please listen to me. I don't want you to hate Krystal or for you to break up with her. I just don't want you to hurt yourself in the future"
Kyungsoo wanted to cry. Maybe telling him about the real Krystal isn't a good idea.

"Thanks for your concern. But I dont need it Kyungsoo. Maybe you're the reason why my sister hates Krystal too. Did you tell her already about those lies?" Jongin's gaze is too painful for Kyungsoo.

"Jongin please..."

"Never knew you've got this kind of attitude Noona"

Every words that came out of his mouth is like a knife stabbing Kyungsoo's heart.

"I guess I never knew this side of you, Park Kyungsoo." Jongin stood up in his sit.

"Jongin, I..."


"You're still a family to me noona. But please stop convincing me about how bad Krystal is as a person. I love her. Deal with that" he said before turning his back against her.




"Jongin, I love you" she silently cried.

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

 


{ A shy little girl held out her pinky at the grinning boy beside her.

"So Nini promised to be a chef too?" The little girl asked

"I promised" the boy smiled.
"Nini and Kyungie will both take a cooking class and will be a famous chef"
He reached out for her pinky.

"It's a promised then" the girl smiled }





But promises are made to be BROKEN...






- - - - - - - -








( 3 Years later )


"Calling all theater arts major. We will have our general meeting this afternoon at the auditorium. Hope to see you there" Kyungsoo announce. Senior year is surely a pain in the especially if you're a theater major.

But she smiled.

This years Theater play would surely be a success!







A/N

Hi! ^^

The rollercoaster ride of emotions isn't over yet.
This is just the end of Part 1 for Kaisoo's story.


No matter how much you hate me, i still love you guys T.T


Ohh And I love Krystal so don't worry! She's my bias in F(x)  (I'm a LAYSTAL shipper btw)


Xoxo