xvii. Pretty

OHANA!

Song: Need to be next to you by Leigh Nash


"What?!" Junhee scowled at Baekhee

"Nothing" Baekhee just giggled.

The two of them were at the Student Council office since Junhee needs to take a bath and fixed herself for the Annual University Festival Dance that will be happening tonight.
Junhee, being an introvert, don't really want to join the said dance but being a part of the Festival committee she cant do anything but to attend.
Minseok suddenly barged in inside the office.

"What are you still doing here? The dance will about to start now"
She was wearing a crochet halter top and floral high-waist short.

Tonight's Festival Dance is  Coachella themed.

That's why Byun Baekhee, was wearing a bohemian knee-length dress.

"Don't tell me you'll wear that Choi Junhee?" Minseok cringe on her outfit.

"Yes I'll be wearing this and no, i won't change it" Junhee said.

"You can't forced her unnie. I've been doing that earlier but she won't budge in." Baekhee said

"You're too pretty Junnie-ah. But you look horrible on that" Minseok frowned at her

"I'm fine with this guys. This is comfy for me and besides tonight will be cold. I'm all ready for that." She smiled

"Sometimes you dress nicely but most of the time you're a fashion terrorist. It's a Coachella party Choi, and you look so out of place with your sweatshirt and jeans. How many sweatshirt do you own anyway?" Minseok was really mortified.
Baekhee was just chuckling at how Minseok hates Junhee's outfit.

"Too many to count Min Unnie. Don't mind me i'll be just there to assist the other committee member." Junhee said and started wearing her backpack.

"Oh my god Choi Junhee. Now you're Dora the Explorer. Are you kidding me?" Minseok seriously wanted to faint.

"Let's go!" Junhee shouted.

"Just let her do what she wants Unnie. We need to go now or will be late." Baekhee said


"She looks ridiculous Baek." Minseok sighed.

"Now to complete our look, we'll wear this flower crowns made by none other than... ME!" Baekhee squealed

"And you'll make her wear that?" Minseok asked.

"She have to. She's still pretty no matter how unfashionable the clothes she wears right now. And she'll always be beautiful in Kris Wu's eyes" Baekhee giggled

"Huh? Why Kris Wu?"

"Ahh, i'll tell you later unnie." Baekhee said and run towards Junhee.
"Choi!!!I have a flower crown for you."

 

 



"What's with Kris. Why is he smiling like an idiot?" Chen asked

"Something happened and he likes it" Chanyeol said.

"Oooh is it because of someone I know?" Chen grinned.

"You bet" Chanyeol laughed. "Why won't he asked her to be his girlfriend anyway. Like they always go out to have coffee and keep on denying that it's not a date. Kris is not even hanging out with us anymore."





"Let's dance Min unnie." Baekhee said.

This year Festival Dance is indeed spectacular. The students were all dressed in the fabulous Coachella outfit (expect Choi Junhee ofcourse who's happily chattingwith some of the events committee at their booth)

Two Junior guys from the football team  approached the two ladies.

"Hi, you're Minseok and Baekhee from the Music Org right?" The first guy asked.

"Ah yes we are." Baekhee answered.

"Can we asked you to dance with us?" The other guy said.

Before the two girls could answer Kim Jongdae's arms were already draped over the shoulders of one of the guys.

"Hi, I'm Kim Jongdae, and I'm Kim Minseok's boyfriend so I guess you could back off now?" He smirked at them.

"I'm sorry" one of them apologized and walked away from the group.

"ChenChen!" Minseok squealed as she wrapped her arms around his  neck.

"Hi honey" Chen grinned and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Hi, Chanyeol" Baekhee's eyes sparkled as she greeted the giant.

"Hi, you look pretty tonight" Chanyeol said.
"I mean you're pretty everyday but you're much prettier this evening"

Baekhee just giggled
"Thank you"

"W-where's Junhee?" Kris asked

"Ah, she's over there." Baekhee said pointing at the comittee/staff booth.

"The dance is starting now. Won't she join?" Yixing asked.

"You know her, she doesn't like this kind of party"
Baekhee said.

"I'm going to take some drinks" kris suddenly said and walked away from them.

"The drinks were on the other side though" Chen said

"He should seriously confess!" Yixing said.
As they watch Kris Wu walk towards the Staff Booth.




"Are you sure you'll be fine here Junhee?" One of the senior committee asked.

"I'll be fine here unnie" she answered.

"You can actually join the Festival Dance since we already finished all the works."

"Maybe later" she smiled but it's just a lie since she won't actually leave her sit.

Then all the committee members left to dance. At last she was alone.

Her two bestfriends are probably enjoying themself. She already imagine Minseok being so lovely dovey with Jongdae while Baekhee was dragging the poor Chanyeol for them to dance. She giggled at that thought.

Everyone look so pretty tonight. They were all jumping around while enjoying the upbeat music. She was indeed out of place with her outfit. But she don't care. She'll just eat anyway.

"Hi, can i ask something?" someone said

Junhee looked up and saw a handsome guy in front of her.

"Heyy, What can I help you Mr. Wu?" she smiled.

"Let's dance?" He asked.

"I can't help you with that then Mr. Wu. I'm kinda lazy tonight" she chuckled.

"I won't take a No as an answer" he said.
"So let's go, before i carry and bring you right in the middle of that crowd."

"You're so persistent huh?"

"Yes I Am!" He grinned

"But still No" she laughed.

"Ok, i'll carry you then" kris said.
He walks around the table and was about to lift Junhee from her sit.

"Yahh!" Junhee shrieked.
"Ok!Ok! I'll come with you" she pouted.

"See! Don't be lazy Ms. Choi" Kris chuckled and adjusted Junhee's flower crown. 

"I looked weird with this flower crown right? It doesn't match with my outfit. Most of all I don't fit in this party" she laughed

"No! You're pretty! Prettier than everyone in this party." He said.

Did she just blushed with that?

 

 

"They're cheesy" Baekhee said. She was dancing beside Chanyeol.

She and Chanyeol were looking at the two lovebirds (Minseok and Jongdae) who's enjoying some EDM Music, together with the other students.

"Yeah they are" Chanyeol smiled

"You two should be cheesy too" Yixing said.

"Shut Up Zhang!" Chanyeol glared at him

"Do guys with the same height think the same? You're like Kris Wu too" yixing laughed. "DJ, slow music please" he shouted from the crowd.

 

 

 

When Junhee and Kris arrived on the center of the dance crowd the loud music suddenly fade and was change into slow love song.

"Ah, should we just sit first? Will just dance later when the song is more upbeat" Junhee said.

"This will do" Kris said. "Can i have this dance?" He smiled

 

**Been running from these feelings for so long
Telling my heart I didn't need you**

 

"Do i have choice?" She laughed.

"No" He grinned

 

**Pretending I was better off alone
But I know that it's just a lie
So afraid to take a chance again
So afraid of what I feel inside**

 

"Ok then, Mr. Wu, since I don't have a choice. Let's dance."

 

**Right here with you is where I belong
I'll lose my mind if I can't see you**

 

"Hi, what's your name pretty?" Chen smiled at Minseok. He was hugging her so tight while dancing.

"I'm your girlfriend" Minseok laughed.

"Ahh, Hi girlfriend, I'm your boyfriend!" Chen said.

 

**Without you there is nothing in this life
That would make my life worth living for
I can't bear the thought of you not there**

"I love you" Chen said.

He won't ever get tired of saying I love you to this beautiful woman in his embrace.

"You're so cheesy Jongdae" Minseok chuckled "But I love you too"

 

**Oh I, I need to be next to you
I need to have your heart next to mine
For all time
Oh, love you for all of my life**

 

Baekhee sighed as she looked at every couple in the dance floor. She could even see Junhee dancing with Kris. This is like a dejavu, where all of her friends were dancing while she was just here sitting.

She had been friends with Chanyeol now but she guess that would just be it. Them being just friends.

"Baek" someone called her.

She turn around and saw a smiling Chanyeol.

"Yeah?" She asked.

Why is he wearing her backpack? Oh my, is he going home already? She's doomed, no one's gonna dance with her (that would be lie since every boys in the school wanted to have just a single chance to dance with Byun Baekhee.)

"I'm going now" he said

"You're going home now? But the party is not over yet?" She asked.

"I'm not going home yet. Here wear this" He said and handed Baekhee a snapback.

"What's this for?" She asked

"Wear that so no one will looked at your way " chanyeol said

"Eh? For what though?" Baekhee confusely asked

"Let's have coffee outside. I don't really like the big crowds at this moment" Chanyeol explained 

"Do i need to wear a cap for that" she asked again

"Yeah, since you're so pretty people will turn their heads to you. I don't like that." Chanyeol said  "let's go?" And reached out for her hand.

She's happy tho with that simple invitation from someone she likes (love).

Be patient Baekhee, that's all she said to herself and hold his hands.

 

***Oh I need to be next to you
I need to share every breath with you
I need to know I can see your smile each morning
Look into your eyes each night
For the rest of my life
Oh, here with you, near with you
I need to be next to you.***

 

"This is awkward" Junhee softly giggled

"Why is that?" Kris asked

"Well, we're surrounded by couples here." She said.

"Don't mind them" he said and tighten his hold on her waist

Junhee then blushed with the sudden action. Her arms were drape around Kris' neck.

"How can i not mind them? They're looking at us. Maybe they're all thinking how a ridiculous looking girl is dancing with the well known Kris Wu" Junhee mumbled.

"You don't look ridiculous to me though. You're the prettiest no matter how horrible you wear." He smiled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"You've been complementing and saying sweet words to me since this morning. Is that the result of not seeing me for a long time?" She jokely asked.

"Yeah sort of" he smiled.

She was silent for a while. There's that serious tone on Yifan's words that kinda scared him.

"Let's go take some food I'm kinda hungry" she softly pushed her on his chest.

But yifan leaned her closed to him and whispered

"i know this would be new to you. But will you let me?"

"Huh? What do you mean Yifan?" She asked though she's too nervous to know either.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He said

She can't see his face the only thing she could hear is Yifan's heart beat and heavy breathing. His nervous too.

"Yifan" she looked up.

"Hmm?"

"I'm scared"

"I won't hurt you. I'll kill myself if i do that" he said.

"I can trust you right? I know i can"

"Yes you can trust me. I'll wait for your answer. It doesn't have to be now." He smiled.

"Thank you. You'll wait for it ok?" She smiled.

"For Choi Junhee? Ofcourse I will" he chuckled.

 

***Oh, here with you, near with you

I need to be next to you.***  

 

a/n

THROWBACK FLUFF

Love you all

Xoxo

☆