xi. Starting Over

OHANA!

"So you're friends with him now?" Junhee asked.

"Sort of" Baekhee answered while eating a curry ramyun.

They were at the pumpkin's cafe and checking for some little details for the wedding.

Two weeks from now, Choi Junhee will soon to be Wu Junhee.
The wedding will be in a private resort in Jeju.
That's how much Kris Wu love Junhee. All the foods will be cook by some well known chefs in Korea, China, Italy and much more.
Yeah it will be an international cuisine. 
The heck, the rich lovesick bastard even hired a private plane for their important guest.

"Are you sure you're ok with this? The traveling might stress you out." Junhee said worried for her  almost six months pregnant bestfriend.

"I'll be fine Jun! We will be there one week ahead right."

"Yeah, so it will be convenient for me and for you especially. So how is he? I've heard from Jongdae that he always visits you in Incheon?"  Junhee asked

"He is, just to give me the foods i always asked him" she laughed.

"So she's your delivery boy now? Huh?" Junhee chuckled.

"Depends on how you see it. But i've been dying to asked you about this. What did you do with him for the last 3 months before he went to my apartment? He won't even tell me. Did you blackmailed him?" Baekhee with her endless questions of Chanyeol.

"Ooh nothing much. He was just asked by Heechul unnie to be the dishwasher, waiter, and cleaner for her bar.." Junhee said

"Really?" baekhyun laughed.

"Minseok unnie asked him to baby sit Luhan,plant some sweet potatoes and herbs on their back garden. He even washed Chen and Kris' cars." Junhee added.

"Seriously?" Baekhee was awed by the ridiculous errands they asked Chanyeol.

"He even became a clown for some of Yixing's  patience. He's a great entertainer anyway" Junhee laughed.
"And on that day, before i asked him to bring to you the vanilla ice cream, he  was  actually cleaning Siwon oppa's garage. If you want to know more of what they did to Chanyeol, coz he deserved it anyway, you can ask our friends on the wedding day."

"I wanted to thank them" Baekhee said.

"Well, coz we don't want him to see you that easily. He needs to do some hardwork first. If we let you decide you might forgive him with no trouble." Junhee pouted.

"I won't" Baekhee frowned.

"Eyyy, i know you Byun. You and him being friends right now is a perfect example. I know you still love him but let him do some heavy labor first before he wins you back and this little angel." 

"What should i do then?" Baekhee asked.

"It's up to you Baek. Just don't let you heart speaks first this time. He needs to proved his self to you. Where is he anyway?"

"I don't know, he's going to see Donghae oppa that's what he texted me earlier. Maybe for some business proposal"

"It's not. He would be sweeping the streets of  Seoul." Junhee laughed.

"He what?"

"Remember, Donghae oppa was a conscripted policeman during his mandatory service. He asked the station he was assigned to let Chanyeol sweep the streets near that place. It's sad that it's not the whole streets of seoul he will be cleaning though" Junhee grinned.

"You're all making his life miserable huh?" Baekhee laughed.

 

 

 



"Yeah noona, i'll be there tonight. Bye"

Chanyeol was on his phone when baekhee opened her front door.
He regularly visit her to bring something to eat. But today she asked him to do some groceries for her.

Poor chanyeol, he seem so exhausted.
But you can't take away the smiled on his face every time he see Baekhee and his swelling belly.

"Thank you for this" baekhee smiled

"No problem baek."

"You looked tired. Was that Heechul Unnie you're talking in the phone earlier?"

"I'm fine. She was just asking a favor."

"Really?" Baekhee raised an eyebrow.

"Really! How are you?" He was putting the groceries on the cupboard.

"Well i'm fine and the baby is doing fine. I had my check up yesterday" baekhee answered.

"Can I ask you something?" Chanyeol said.

"Yes you can" she smiled.

"Why you don't want to know the gender yet?"
Chanyeol asked.

"Maybe i just want to surprised myself." she smiled.

"Oh, ok! I'd like to buy something for the baby that's why i'm asking. I'll buy a uni color then"

"Really? But aren't you busy?" She asked.

"I'll make time. This is just one of those things i wanted to do to make it up with everything that..."

Baekhee cut him off.

"Stop! I told you right? No more bringing up of the past when you're with me."

"I'm sorry!"

"And stop saying sorry." She smiled but her eyes were fixed into something else.

"Why i are you looking at my hair?is there something?" Chanyeol asked

"Can i touch your hair. It seems so fluffy." Baekhee said.

"Huh?" Chanyeol was shocked by the sudden request.

"It's ok if you dont want to. I was just asking." Baekhee pouted.

Shoot! You can't upset a pregnant woman Park. He thought.

"Hey, it's ok" he said.

"Really?!" Baekhee excitedly said.

Chanyeol lean down for her to reach his head.
He jolted a little when her hand touched his hair.

"It's so fluffy" Baekhee squealed.
"It's like byullie's furr" (Byul-Junhee's dog)

"You seem to like fluffy and cute stuff huh?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, lately it's the most wonderful thing in the world for me. Maybe because of this little squishy inside me" she giggled still petting chanyeol's hair.

"He- i mean she. it's confusing now." he laughed.

Baekhee laughed too.

"Everybody is also confused on how will they address this squishy. Ok, then after the wedding I'll go see the doctor and asked for the gender." She said.

"Can i- Can i go with you?" He asked.

"No!" She said grinning.

"Oh ok" he's dissappointed.

"But if you let me smell your hair then i'll let you" she said.

He's eyes widened. Smell his hair? Little squishy is indeed making Baekhee's request more ridiculous

"So?" She was waiting for his answer.

"I can't say no to you right?"

She squealed. 

 

 

 

 


"You looked dumb Park" Chen laughed

"Don't mind me Kim" Chanyeol said.

He was pulling some weeds on the garden of Junhee's mother.

Madam Choi wanted to hire someone to clean for her garden. And the no.1 candidate is him, Park Chanyeol. Nominated by his friends.

"You're doing good Park" Siwon shouted.

All of his friends were there, not for moral support though.


"How long will he be doing this?" Chen asked.

"He's not giving up yet, though. We have been doing this to him for almost 4 months now." Kris said.

"I didn't even imagine that my angel like sister is so harsh." Siwon added.
"Wu, aren't you afraid of your soon to be wife?"

"I'm fine with it hyung, she looks even cute when she's angry" kris grinned.

"How about you Han Geng ge?" Yixing asked.
"Heechul noona is the scariest"

''She's the sweetest but if we're talking about her beloved cousin then she's  more overprotective of Baekhee. I was even shocked when she called Kangin. I thought she will asked the military for a firing squad." Hangeng laughed.

"Boys lunch is ready" Junhee suddenly said .
She was helping her mom to cook for their loud visitors.

"Should we call the idiot?" Chen asked.

"I'll do it" Junhee volunteered.
"Yahh! PARK CHANYEOL! YOU SHOULD EAT LUNCH TOO. YOU STILL HAVE SO MANY ERRANDS TO DO IN ALL YOUR LIFETIME." She shouted

Chanyeol looked over at his friends.

"AND I STILL BELIEVE THE BABY WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIS/HER IDIOT FATHER. TO KICKED YOU IN THE ." Junhee smirked.

Chanyeol just  shakes his head from what Junhee said and walked towards the group.

"You look cute babe!" Kris said at junhee.

"So me getting angry is cute for you Mr. Wu?" Junhee raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-oh! I'm outta her" chen said and started walking inside the house.

"I've got nothing to do with this either." Siwon said.

"Your really look cute though" kris smiled. He's not afraid though

"Be thankful that i love you!" Junhee said and pinched Kris on his side.

"Lovebirds! We need to eat right?" Chanyeol reminded them
"Ohh i remember you won't be seeing Junhee anymore starting tomorrow until the wedding day"

"Shut up Park" kris scowled

"Oh don't worry Chanyeol, you won't be seeing Baekhee too. So it's fair." Junhee smirked.

"Karma is faster dude" kris laughed.

"Psh!" Chanyeol snorted.

 

 

 


(A week after the wedding)

"Why isn't he answering the phone?" Baekhee asked herself.
She was calling Chanyeol but the latter wasn't answering.

She decided to call Chen.

"Hey pregnant, wassup?" Chen said when he answered the call.

"How's Minseok unnie and Lulu, Dino?" She asked

"They're napping. And i know they're not the reason why you called." Chen laughed.

"Psh! Where's the yoda?" She asked again

"See! I called him this morning since all the boys will be playing basketball, without Kris since he's on his honeymoon..."

"I don't care if you'll do bungee jumping dino. Where's Chanyeol" she scowled at him.

"Ok! Ok! Calm down pregnant. He's in his apartment. He sounds worst." He said.

"He's sick?" She was worried.

"He's dying baek" chen chuckled.

"I'll kill you too Dino. But since i love lulu, then i'll kicked you instead. Thank you for stupidly answering my questions you idiot." She snorted

"You're welcome pregnant. And by the way he's not living in his condo in gangnam. He's just somewhere there in incheon. I'll text you the address."

Incheon? When did he transfer in Incheon? It's too far from his office.







She was in his front door, waiting for him to open the door.

Didn't he heard the doorbell? Is he still alive?

She was about to ring the doorbell again when the door finally opened.

Standing in front of her was the worst looking Chanyeol ever. He's fluffy hair were disheveled. He looked so exhausted.

He's indeed sick.

"Kim Jongdae i told... Baek? What are you doing here? How did you know my..." he was shocked seeing Baekhee.

"Get inside Park. You looked worst. Why didn't you tell me you're sick?" She glared at him.

"I thought i'll be ok after sleeping. And i need to accompany you right? For your checkup." He said.

"I can still reschedule it, you dummy." She frowned.

"Can you please change? I'll be preparing this congee for you." She said.

"Baek you don't have to. I'll be fine. And you might caught my flu too."

"Shut up now Park. Or i'll call the others to tie you in your bed." She scolded him.

Chanyeol can't do anything. He went inside his room to follow Baekhee's order.

 

 


"You should drink this after eating." She said handing him the medicine.

"Thanks Baek." He smiled.
The congee she brought was really delicious.
He misses eating home cooked food since he's been having too much take outs lately..

"Why didn't you tell me you're now staying here too in Incheon? And why did you choose Incheon? This is to far from your office." She asked.

"I can manage driving  for an hour in to my office. And i can actually get to you faster if you needed something."

"What about your condo there?"
She was brushing off into her mind that particular scene.

"I'm planning to sell that anyway. I want to start a new life too right? And that place is kinda part of my, our bad past." He sadly smiled.

"You don't have to though" she said.

"I have too Baek. I'm trying to forget everything like what you have told me, but i cant. I'm thankful with all the works they were asking me because through that i could forget your crying face that day. I was so idiot that i manage to tell you that we should take a break, that i didnt even thought about your own feelings. I know being stressed is not a reason for me to drown myself into alcohol and to cheat on you with my ex. But i did it Baek. I hurt you." He cried.

Baekhee was just looking at him with her sad eyes. She wanted too stop him but she can't.

"Heechul noona punched me, Chen and Kris did it too. Yixing kicked me. Minseok and Junhee slapped me. But that wasn't enough. I wanted to kill myself for hurting you, for making you doubt my love for you. I love you Baek but i didn't showed it to you that much. It wasn't a one sided love Baek, i love you too. That 2 years with you was the most wonderful moment of my life but i destroyed it with that one night of reckless stupidity."

"But why with her?" She finally asked.

"She's my first girlfriend. I loved her so much that when she went to australia, to pursue her modelling career, i was very devastated. Since then i never had the serious relationship. That's when you came into my life. Your bubbly and straightforward personality got me in to you. When she came back to korea, to be one of the product models of the company, my mind was suddenly confused on my real feelings with her. We had a celebration after we  have closed a deal with their agency. Everyone got drunk, she was at my side the whole time that night. And that thing happened."

"What did you feel about her then?"

"I was overwhelmed with her presence,  the woman whom i loved first was back. But I was late to realized that it wasn't love. That the girl who i truely love the most was the one waiting for me for an hour in the mall, thinking that her idiot boyfriend was just tired from work."
He said.
"They didn't tell me you were brought to the hospital. I tried to asked them where are you. But everyone is hiding you from me. I begged to them to let me see you for a while. I did all of the errands they asked me just to see you. And i'm still doing that till now, thinking i can make it up to all the pain i've cause you." He was looking at her with his eyes filled with tears.

"Baek you can hate me if you want. I deserved that. But i'll still do my best to make it up to you. To be the responsible father to little squishy. No matter how long it will take for you to forgive me and accept me in to your life again." He said.

Baekhee smiled.
"Don't cry Yeol, i can see that you're doing your best. They had told me about those ridiculous errands they asked you"

"I understand that they were all doing that just to protect you Baek." He said.
"And i'm still thankful that you gave me the chance. That you have given me the right to meet our baby."

"Yeol i can be selfish if i want to but as i have told you before i just want to be happy for squishy. I'm giving you the chance since you have the right to be a part of the baby's life. But i hope you won't give up that easily. I hope you'll understand that it ain't easy to accept someone who hurt you so bad. I have already forgiven you though. and i cant deny that i still love you. That deep down those hate i still cant take away the fact that you're the only man in my heart. And you're squishy's father." She said.

"I'll hold on to that baek. I'll hold on to that fact that you still love me. I'm willing to wait and to do everything just to gain again your trust though that trust was already broken." He said.

"Just do your best Yeol, not just for me, not just for yourself but for little squishy."







"Hi Ms. Byun, my assistant told me you didn't come  last week for your scheduled check up." The doctor said.

"Ah yeah, something came up so i've decided to reschedule it today." She smiled

"Now you finally want to know the baby's gender? Why so? I thought you want to surprised yourself." The doctor asked.

"It's a bit confusing for my family and friends to address the baby. And a certain someone is also excited to know the gender." Baekhee said.

"Really?"

"Can he come inside? I'm with him actually." She asked for permission.

"He? Oh is he the father? Ofcourse he can."

Baekhee then call chanyeol outside. You can see the excitement in his eyes.

"Hello!" Chanyeol bowed and greeted the doctor.

"Ohh i didn't know that you were married with the heir of Park Industries." The doctor was awed seeing Chanyeol inside her clinic.
"I'm Doctor Seo" and reached out to shake Chanyeol's hand.

Who will not be awed when the man in front of you seems to be a model who walked out of a magazine. And though he's just wearing a simple shirt and jeans, he  looks really hot.

"Ahem. Can we start now" Baekhee said.

Chanyeol looked at her and grinned.

"What?" Baekhee scowled at him.

 

 

 



(7months pregnant Baekhee)

"Just close your eyes Byun" Junhee said

"No peeking" she heard Minseok said.

The two abducted her. She was having a peaceful afternoon at Heechul unnie's house when the two barged in and take her somewhere.

"I'll seriously kill you two. You know how much i hate surprises." Baekhee said.

"You'll like this" Junhee said.

When Junhee removed her hand from her eyes, she was really amazed on what she saw.

It was a small function room. The other side of the wall was in white while the other was a glass wall. You can also see a garden outside.
The room was decorated in pink balloons and ribbons.

"What's this for?" She asked.

"It's your baby shower Byun" Junhee squealed

"You don't have to do this though." She started to tear up.
She was overwhelmed with the effort her two bestfriends was doing for her.

"No crying Byun" Minseok said.

"I dont know how to thank you girls. You've been there for me from the ups and downs of my life." She started crying

"Eyyy stop crying Byun, baby squishy will be a crying baby too." Junhee said but she's crying aswell.

"You don't have to thank us Byun, you know how much we love you." Minseok said slightly tearing up.

"We promised to be together right? I love you Kim and Wu" baekhee said.

"When will we call you Park though?"
The two asked Baekhee.

"Not now, soon maybe" she laughed.

"So you're ok with him now"
Junhee asked.

"He's trying his best right?" Baekhee smiled.

"Well baek is right Jun. And he still help me with my garden though i didn't ask him. He's not just working hard to gain Baekhee's trust but ours too." Minseok said.

"Ok since i love Byun and this little princess here. I'll try my best to see if his worthy enough for you" Junhee said.

"Thank you junnie" Baek hugged her other bestfriend.

"Me too" Minseok said and joined the group hug.

"MOMMY! Cake please!" Luhan's voice broke their moments.

"You're hungry again baby deer?" Her mommy asked.

"She got your habit of eating too much unnie" Baek said. "So you both lured your husband to give you some money just to give me a baby shower?"


"No we didn't! It's Park Chanyeol's money." Junhee laughed.

 

 

 

(Chanyeol's Birthday/7months pregnant Baekhee)

"Happy Birthday to you" Baekhee sing.

She was at her apartment in Incheon.


"Did you ask me to come over just to surprised me?" Chanyeol chuckled.

"You should be grateful i remembered your birthday Park" baek frowned.

"You know Baek, i was in the middle of a board meeting when you called. I thought something happened since your voice seem so urgent. I run off immediately and i can actually see the peircing glares of some of the board members."  He laughed.

"It's ok your the CEO anyway." She said while walking towards Chanyeol.
"Now blow the candles and make a wish"

"When did you get this cake? Did you go out? You know...."

"Just blow the candle Park, stop questioning me" she glared.

Chanyeol made a wish before blowing the candles.
He smiled at baek.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome. For your questions,  i did'nt went out and i asked Chen to buy me this cake. Ok now?" She said.

"Ok! So how's squishy?" He asked and took the cake from Baek's hand.

"She's so quite today." Baek said while rubbing her belly.

"Squishy seriously hates me. Whenever I visit you she's always quite and sleeping. I was really jealous of Junhee, she already felt squishy kicking." Chanyeol pouted.

"You'll feel it too, soon. Com'on help me sit on the couch my feet is aching now"
She whined.




The two were watching some drama on the TV. Baek was lying on the big couch while Chanyeol was massaging her sore feet.

"You can stop now Yeol, it's ok now" she said.

"Do you want to eat?" He asked.

"No, not hungry. How about you? You should be celebrating with your friends right now since it's your birthday" Baekhee said.

"I dont need to. Some of them are busy with their careers and family. I'd still choose to sit here with you and squishy." Chanyeol smiled.

Though they can't still define the real score of their relationship but the both of them knew how much they love each other.
Though they are not staying in the same house, Chanyeol is practically living at Baekhee's since he's always there trying to help her with everything.

Chanyeol was caressing Baekhee's tummy when he suddenly felt something.
He looked at baekhee with his big eyes.
The latter just laughed at his reaction.

"It's your birthday gift then." She said.

He smiled.

"Thank you squishy, you're my best gift ever." He said and felt another kicked from his daughter.






(NEW YEAR'S EVE /9 Months pregnant Baekhee)

"You're so big now Baek" Chen laughed.

"Shut up Dino" Baekhee frowned

Minseok then smacked her husband's shoulder
"Don't be so mean Chen or else."

"Sorry Honey" He pouted.
Little lulu laughed at her dad.

They were at Kris and Junhee's house to celebrate New Year's eve.

 "What do you want to eat?" Chanyeol asked

"I'm ok, don't wanna eat right now"
Baekhee whined.

"But you need to, Baek" Chanyeol said.

"So sweet huh?" Kris laughed.

"You two should get married you know" chen said.

"Don't rush them." Junhee scolded the two guys.
"Park, finally you decided to stay at Baekhee's apartment now."

"The due date is so near that's why. But where not sleeping in the same room if you may ask. He's sleeping in the couch." Baek said.

"We did'nt asked that though" Minseok grinned.

"You'll still ask anyway" baekhee frowned

"Ohhh it's 12AM now. HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS" chen shouted and hugged little lulu who is squealing.
He then kissed Minseok.

"Happy New Year babe." Kris said at Junhee and kissed her too. They are celebrating their first new year as a married couple.

"Happy New year my yifan" junhee smiled.


"They are all grossed" Baekhee whispered at Chanyeol.

"Should i cover your eyes then?" Chanyeol laughed.

"Happy New Year Yoda." She greeted him

"Happy new year baek, happy new year to you too squishy. We'll see you soon" he said then patted Baekhee's belly.

He was shocked when Baekhee kissed his cheek.

"We'll be fine right?" She asked

"We will, I promise" Chanyeol smiled.






(D-day)

"Yeol?!" She called she was in the kitchen trying to cook something.

"Yeah? I'm coming. Why are you in the kitchen anyway" He answered.

"Yeol!!"
She called again when Chanyeol was finally in the Kitchen.

"Shoot! Did you pee?" He nervously asked.

"Idiot! My waterbag broke. Squishy is coming out dummy" she said.

Chanyeol immediately carried her.





Baekhee was in the labor room.

Chanyeol and their friends were outside, waiting.

"Chanyeol do you need water?" Junhee asked.

The soon to be father looked so pale. He can hear Baekhee's voice inside the room. She was literally in pain.

"I'm fine Jun."

"He seriously will faint later." Chen said.

The room's door suddenly opened and the doctor came out.

"Who's the husband?" She asked.

They pushed Chanyeol forward.

"I am" he said. Soon though, maybe.

"You must be Yeol? She was calling you. The baby won't come out yet. Will you please come inside. You might help. The nurse will assist you" The doctor said.


He wanted to cry too when he saw baekhee crying in pain.

"Yeol" she called. "Squishy won't come out. Please talk to her. It hurts so much" she cried.

"I will baek" he said.

He started caressing her belly.

"Hi squishy this is daddy. Please come out. Mommy's in pain now. You don't want to hurt mommy right? We want to see you princess.You don't have to be afraid daddy's here i'll protect you." He said

Baekhee cried from what Chanyeol said.



"Finally, 10cm dilated. Ms. Byun you need to pushed now ok?" The doctor said.

Baekhee couldn't nod at all but she did her best. She was holding chanyeol's hand.

"You'll be fine baek, i'm here, we will see squishy" he whispered kissing her forehead.



After a few minutes of agony, Baby squishy is born.

"Congratulations, it's a healthy baby girl.

 



The doctor handed the baby to Chanyeol.

Tears started to fall in his eyes as he hold her.

"Hi princess, you're so pretty huh?" He said
"Baek look at her. She's so pretty" and put the baby on her mother's arm.

Baekhee was so tired but she hold baby squishy closer to her chest.

"Hi squishy i'm your mommy" she cried.
"Yeol she's here. Squishy is here."

"She is. I'll protect you two. No matter what!"

"We're fine Yeol" She looked at him.

"Yes we are. Always will."

 

 

 

A/N

Here you go everyone! Thank you for patiently waiting.^^ 

This was the longest chapter i have ever made so far. I tried my best. Hope you'll like it. 

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments. I'm very much overwhelmed with how much you like this fic and the feelings it convey to you as a reader. I'm glad i have decided to finally share my thoughts and ideas thru this fic, unlike before that i'll just write something on my notebook and leave it there forever ^^

I love you so much everyone! Cheers for more ideas! ^^ and i'll be back on writing Krisho again since i miss them. Wait for it fellow Krisho trash ^^

Xoxo

PS. chanbaek epilogue?