May I Have This Dance?

MEOWch

yay!!!!another update!!!!...hangs head...ive had this written for almost a week now but im only uploading it now...sigh...this is what happens when family comes over...ive literally no life!!!!wrote this late at night and oh the mistakes...kinda turned out longer than id thought and hopefully its good!!!!anyways enjoy reading!!!!

Jaejoong offered you his elbow and smiling brightly, you rest your hand in the crook of his arm lightly and he lead you down the aisle back where you had come from. Your short walk from the alter was filled with cheers and claps and the occasional wolf whistles which you were sure came either from your brothers or from Jaejoong’s members. Through the flowered arch the two of you went toward the pavilion set up near the edge of the hill to reveal a beautiful view of the ocean. The rest of your guests soon followed and as you took your seat at the head table, you could only watch the other tables fill through hazy eyes as you kept replaying the ceremony. You were torn from your reverie when Yunho stood up and clinking his glass, he gained everyone’s attention.
The quiet din fell to silence and clearing his throat, Yunho turned to you and Jaejoong raising his glass. “I do believe I’ll get over this dreaded best man’s speech while the night is still young so the fun after won’t be marred by this short, but hopefully heartfelt speech.” As Yunho stared at the two of you, you felt a blush creep over your cheeks as you become aware of everyone’s eyes on you. “It’s been nearly 15 years since I’ve met Jaejoong and through everything we’ve been through, I’m quite sure that I’ve gained a friend for life and I must say that a better friend I’ve never found in anyone else. All the challenges we’ve faced with debuting and all the controversies we’ve had to soldier through, they’re nothing in comparison to the good times we’ve had when we enjoyed our success together or just hung out like every other person. And to think the man I consider my best friend,” as he said this he gave Jaejoong an evil glare before continuing, “hid the beautiful creature who he now calls his wife from me…from us…”, he gestured to the other three members sitting in the table at the front, “until just a few months ago… It must have been because he was scared we’d be able to woo her away, especially after his jealous display at the attention she paid to Changmin”, a trickle of laughter rippled through the guests, “I said this was going to be short, but here I am rambling so I think I’ll end things off now. To Jaejoong, may you find every joy and happiness in life with your wife, though I still believe you’ve lucked out because you’ll never find a more amazing woman anywhere else. And ____, I hope in the future we’ll become better friends and anytime you feel dissatisfied with Jaejoong you can come to us, we’ll stand by you with open arms.” Jaejoong shot his friend a withering look as he placed his hand over yours on the table protectively. “Let me finish why don’t you Jaejoong? As I was saying, I’m sure you’ll never find a reason to do so because I know that Jaejoong loves you to the moon and back and I just wish the two of you the best of luck in this new adventure you’ve embarked on today.”
As Yunho finished, everyone stood up and raised their glasses toward the two of you and choruses of “Congratulations” and “Good luck” rang out from every corner.
Apart from Yunho, no one had opted to do a speech as it was after all a small gathering of close family and friends, thus words didn’t need to be exchanged for everyone to know how they felt about this union. To start the night off, the traditional couple dance was held, but to your surprise rather than staying on the dance floor with you after leading you onto it, Jaejoong went to the band and picked up the guitar. Shocked, you stare at him and in return he just gave you a mysterious smile.
Adjusting the strap, he settled into the seat prepared for him and leaned into the microphone. “Just before we have our dance I thought I would surprise ____ with my wedding gift to her. I’ve been practicing a lot lately in the hopes of perfecting it, but I’m still a bit unsure with myself on the guitar so please forgive any mistakes.” Jaejoong had been staring into the sea of guests up till then, but now you met the full force of his blazing eyes, pride at his gift shining through. “This song saw us into the beginning of our relationship and now it’ll continue us into the next stage of it.”
As Jaejoong began to strum the beginning chords of Nine, a huge grin spread across your face. So this is why he had himself holed up into his study for… I couldn’t ask for a better surprise… Hands clasped together, you listened to the mostly smooth music of the guitar playing accompanied by Jaejoong’s flawless vocals. At the end of the performance he gave a slight bow at the applause, your’s being the loudest, and came over to you. As the music started to play for your dance, not so coincidentally an extended instrumental version of Nine, Jaejoong and you began to dance.
Leaning in close, he whispered, “So…how’d you like my surprise?”
“I absolutely loved it, you have to play that for me again when we’re alone.”, you said as you leaned your head back so that he could see the sincerity sparkling within your eyes.
“Your wish is my command Mrs. Kim.”, Jaejoong said, his voice rising a bit at the end in elation.
Giggling, you could only lay your head against his chest as you felt your face heat up. Holding you closer, the two of you danced in quiet bliss and lost yourself in an imaginary world where only the two of you existed. The little bubble of serenity was broken at the applause of the guests when the song finished. Breaking away, the two of you made a little circle about the dance floor in order to greet the guests. After everyone had been greeted, appetizers were served and those who wished to dance could do so thanks to the band. Being the bride, you were in high demand amongst the guests and made your way through everyone before taking a little break to eat something. After you finished, Jaejoong once again offered his hand to you and you were led back to the dance floor. As the song ended and before the other could start, you suddenly found yourself switching arms from Jaejoong to Yunho.
Grinning mischievously, he led you into a slow dance. “It’s only right as best man that I get to dance with the bride, especially when she is looking exceptionally radiant.”
Blushing, you look down for a second to recover your composure. “Thank you so much for your speech Yunho, it was…it was really touching.”
“And I meant every word, especially about coming to us. Seriously, if you’ve ever got a complaint or Jaejoong does something to annoy you, believe me when I say that all four of us will stand up for our sister-in-law rather than that rascal of a friend.”
Blushing once again, you shook your head slightly. “I highly doubt it’ll ever come to that, Jaejoong’s too good to me already, if anyone’s going to be complaining it’ll be him…”
At that precise moment, the music ended and as Yunho left you, Jaejoong started to make his way toward you only to be cut off by your brother.
“There’s my little sister!”, Yoonsu exclaimed as he gathered you into a hug. “How about a dance with me?”
Nodding, you take his hand and offer Jaejoong an apologetic smile. He only shrugged in response before going to his mother for a dance.
The two of you danced in silent comfort and as the song ended, Yoonsu gripped you by the shoulders and leant down until the two of you were level. “You know ____, I really hope I’ve been a good brother to you. I’ll never be able to forgive myself for what we did to you, but I hope I’ve managed to make it up to you ever since. And just know, Homin and I will always be by your side no matter what, especially if Jaejoong needs a good beating or two.”, he winked as he playfully punched you.
“You’ve been the best brother I could ever ask for Yoonsu, really, I wouldn’t change anything.”, you say as you hug him once again, but you lean back to stare up at him, “But touch my husband again like that and I won’t forgive you okay?”
Raising his hands in surrender, he just grinned before he was nudged out of the way by Junsu. As Junsu led you into a dance, you peer around his shoulder to find a frustrated Jaejoong running his hand through his hair as you were kept from him once again.
“Yah, you know it’s not polite to ignore the person you’re dancing with right?”, Junsu pouted. Laughing, you raise a hand up apologetically. At that, Junsu’s constant smile was back on his face and he continued, “Did anyone tell you how beautiful you look tonight ____?”
Nodding, you say, “Numerous times, far too many to count.”
“Oh.”, and that was the last thing said before the two of you lapsed into silence.
Once again the song ended and as you walked toward Jaejoong, you were suddenly whisked into a twirl by the one and only Yoochun. Laughing, you could only shrug back helplessly to the increasingly exasperated figure of Jaejoong. It seems as though the boys are determined to keep the two of us apart…seriously, will they ever grow up? When the dance ended, finally Jaejoong was able to reach your side without being sidelined by anybody else, but to his dismay, dinner was announced and everyone took their place. Throughout dinner Min Kyung kept your attention and despite Jaejoong’s numerous attempts to steal your attention, Min Kyung only commanded it back within seconds. Thus, that was how Jaejoong was brought to stare into his plate and eat like a sullen child who’d been denied a wish of theirs.
Right after, your delicious looking cake was wheeled out and it was time to cut it. Once cut, Jaejoong and you did a little love shot type of thing, but without the alcohol and with the cake. To Jaejoong’s dismay, you were both ushered back into your seats so that it could be served.
“Finally we can dance again!”, Jaejoong exclaimed as the servers carried away the dirty dishes.
Leading you onto the dance floor, you were intercepted by your father. You laughed silently as you watched Jaejoong’s face fall as he silently handed you over to your father, it was time for the father-daughter dance. As you were whirled around the floor, you are soon followed by other such pairings.
“__-”, your father began, his tone emotional, but you cut him off.
“Don’t appa, don’t say anything please. If you do I’ll burst into tears and I don’t want to just yet…I’ve had enough with the emotional speeches for now. Let’s just…let’s just dance…dance and enjoy this moment in peace.”
Your father just hugged you close in response and as the two of you swayed to the gentle music, you feel a splash of water land atop your head. Shutting your eyes tight, you will back the tears that were forming in your eyes and force yourself to not look up, knowing that if you saw your father’s watery and red eyes, you would break down there and then.
By the time the dance ended, your father had regained control of his emotions and pressing a kiss to your forehead, he whispered, “I’m so proud of you dear, I love you.”
Standing still on the dance floor, you fight an internal battle with yourself to stop yourself from crying when you find strong, warm arms around you.
“Oh Jaejoong thank good-”, you say as you look up, only to find your second brother’s face staring down at you amusedly.
“How glad I am to be confused with your husband, though I do think I’m better looking that he is.”, Homin teased you.
You just mutter angrily at him as he lead you about. As the two of you laughed and joked, you happened to spy a pretty upset Jaejoong storming his way over to you.
“Uh oh, watch out. Jae’s pretty upset…”, you say in warning, but it came too late.
A strong hand clamped down onto Homin’s shoulder and the two of you were separated. “I think it’s time to end your games…how did you let those fools coerce you into this silly joke?”, Jaejoong gritted out.
Truly surprised, Homin just stared back. “Dude, chill. I just wanted a dance with my sister, but if you want her back, here take her, though why you’re so eager to be next to her every second is beyond me…you’ll have enough of that soon and trust me, you get tired pretty quickly.”
“Oh, don’t…don’t mind me. I’m sorry…just…continue.”, Jaejoong said sheepishly as he quickly hurried away.
Laughing, you took your brother’s hand again.
“What was that about?”,  he said as he stared at the retreating back of Jaejoong.
“I think his friends decided to play a little prank on him… They all know how Jaejoong gets if they steal my attention so I think they’ve been trying to keep me away from him, he must have thought you were in on it.”
Raising his eyebrows, Homin just shook his head in silence at the childishness. When it ended, true to your suspicions, Changmin made his way over to you.
As you two started to dance, you suddenly stop. “How about you guys stop this little game hmm? I think Jaejoong’s seriously upset now…you’ve accomplished what you wanted haven’t you?”
Changmin grinned down at you. “I knew you’d catch on, though it took him quite awhile didn’t it? Yeah, let’s go break it to him.”
As you approached the table where Jaejoong was sitting with the other three, he stood up while you watched the others try to suppress their grins.
Giving you a little shove, Changmin pushed you into Jaejoong’s arms. “There you go hyung, your bride finally all to yourself.”
Snaking his arm around your waist, Jaejoong held you closer before saying darkly, “I hate you guys, seriously, I do.” Without another word Jaejoong took you away from the dangerous clutches of his so called best friends.
As the stars made their appearance and twinkled brightly into the midnight sky, it was time for you and Jaejoong to say goodbye to everyone. The two of you had a plane to catch back to Seoul because you’d insisted on spending your first night as a married couple in your own home before leaving for your honeymoon. Tossing your bouquet into the crowd of single women, it finds its way into the hands of one of your friends. With that done, the two of you say goodbye to everyone, lingering when it came to your families. Tears filled your eyes as all the suppressed emotions of the evening bubbled to the surface and you hugged your parents long and tight, crying into their embraces. As the tears subsided, you gave them one last goodbye before heading to the cabins where your change of clothes and luggage awaited you.

sooo...how was it????had an epic ending planned for that little prank thing with changmin but it got so long and by the time i reached him id forgotten...hangs head...btw...how was the little prank thing????anyways...please comment and let me know!!!!

and woot woot!!!!its the final stretch!!!!just one last chapter and this 60 chapter year and a half long fic will come to an end!!!!...longest story ive ever written...wow...and thats it from me for now...hopefully ill have the last chap ready for you in a couple days!!!!