A Clean Slate

MEOWch

sooo...i do remember saying i would update more often but school kinda messes with my plans always...i think i reached my exhaustion point so basically this entire week ive been like hibernating any chance i got...anyways...updated!!!!am going to try to update soon again cuz i do wanna reach my goal of finishing by thanksgiving and thats next monday!!!!anyways...another fun chapter to write cuz i just luv luv luv househunting!!!!one of my fave things to do!!!!ive got links for most of the rooms and i hope you liked them just as much as i did!!!!have fun reading!!!!

When you got home, Jaejoong flopped onto the sofa with a sigh.

“Ah…home.” Turning on his side, he looked up at you sideways. “Wanna join me for a nap?”

“On the couch? I don’t think we’ll be able to fit…”

“I’ll hold onto you real tight so come on!” Jaejoong gave you a pleading look and opened his arms for you to join him.

Staring at him sceptically, you reluctantly join him on the sofa. You snuggled closer to him while he wrapped his arms around you tightly, his chin resting on the top of your head.

After a couple minutes, you start to trace circles on his chest. “Jae…you asleep?”

Mumbling groggily, he said, “Just about to…” You purse your lips and keep quiet, but continue to trace random shapes. Sighing, he cleared his throat. “Okay, say what you want to say.”

Smiling, you lean back slightly to look up at him. “Well…you know how you were thinking of moving to another house?” Jaejoong nodded. “I was just thinking we should move in before getting married, or at least have the new place ready for after.”

“Okay, I agree with you.” Letting out a huge yawn, he says, “Is that all you wanted to say?”

“It’s alright, you seem really sleepy…”

Suppressing another yawn, Jaejoong shook his head in denial. “No, it’s alright, go ahead.”

“I was just thinking that since we’re on such a roll, how about we go take a look at some places today then? I feel like we can get anything done today!”

Jaejoong stared at you for a minute, before finally getting up, dragging you along with him. “Alright then, I’ll call the agent and we’ll go house hunting.”

“Yay!” You leap up eagerly, excitement coursing through you.

Though I will miss this place…but it’d be nice to start my life with Jaejoong in a place we’ve both picked out and seriously, the décor of this place just screams bachelor!

After making sure that the agent was in his office, the two of you make your way over there to take a look at different houses that he had picked out.

“I want to either be near my university or near your office, so the house is going to have to be in Gwanak-gu or Gangnam-gu. There’s a subway that goes between Seoul University and Gangnam, there are about 6 stops in between, but the commute won’t be a problem.”

“Okay then, we’ll tell him to take out the other houses then.”

When you got to the office, you were ushered in by the secretary to wait for your agent to come.

Turning to you, Jaejoong asked, “Do you want another apartment or go straight for a house?”

You thought for a bit before answering. It is just going to be the two of us plus Vicky and Jiji…a house would probably be too big, but then again if we buy a house now we won’t have to move again when we start a family… A house actually wouldn’t be too bad I think, but will I be able to handle it with my studies too? Hmm…

Biting your lip, you answer hesitatingly. “Um…I really don’t know. I mean with a house we won’t have to move again when we decide to start a family, but it might be too big for just the two of us right now… What do you think?”

“Uh…well I was thinking we buy a house…”, Jaejoong answered slightly blushing.

Narrowing your eyes at him, you say, “You do know we aren’t even going to think about starting a family until after I’ve graduated right? You aren’t thinking of using the excuse of having a house to start one earlier are you?”

Eyes shifting to the side, Jaejoong muttered underneath his breath, “Darn, I got caught.”

“Excuse me?”

“I meant no, but still I would like a house, it seems more suitable for a married couple.”, Jaejoong quickly said.

“I guess we’re at an impasse. How about we take a look at both and whatever strikes our fancy we go with it?”

The agent entered then and after telling him about your preferences, he eliminated half the pile that he had prepared. Oh thank goodness, I don’t want to spend too much time looking for a house…the wedding’s only a month away and other than today I don’t think I’d even be able to schedule time for house hunting…

“Can we maybe reduce the number of listings even more?”, you ask, your leg jiggling a little with impatience.

Handing over the listings, the agent said, “There’s a picture of each property and a list of the specs on the sheets, that should help narrow down your choices.”

Looking through the listings, you managed to eliminate about a quarter just based on the outside appearance. I know they say don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but my house has to look appealing! At least in this case the inside can be fixed up, the outside is just a whole other story. Then looking through the specs, you were disappointed to find that most of the apartments didn’t have everything you needed. Jaejoong and you had already determined that an office space for him and at least one guestroom was a must. Also, considering the size of Jaejoong’s family, the living room and dining room had to be a good size, if not on the larger end. The problem with the apartments was that they were too small, unless the two of you were to buy another penthouse, but there were none on sale where you were looking. By the end of your inspection, you were left with 5 houses, 2 in Gwanak and 3 in Gangnam.

“You know what, let’s forget about the Gwanak houses and just look at the Gangnam ones. Are you alright with that Jae?”

Shrugging, Jaejoong nodded. “But why just Gangnam?”

“Your company’s located there and I’m only going to be in university for another year so it doesn’t make sense to settle there.”

“If you guys are ready, we can go take a look at the properties right now since they are close by.”

Getting up, you follow the agent in your car to take a look at the houses. You looked at two of the houses, but they didn’t really strike you. You managed to find something wrong with them, even little obscure things like the garden not matching your taste or the décor of some of the rooms, even though Jaejoong kept reassuring you that any changes that you wanted could be arranged for.

Sighing, you follow the agent to the last house. “So far this seems like a flop…”

“Well it wouldn’t be if someone didn’t keep nitpicking at every single detail.” Jaejoong stared intently on the road and you could tell that he was tired, just as you were too.

Stretching your arms, you say, “What do you want Jaejoong? I’m not going to just settle for any house that seems decent, it’s our first home and I want it to speak to me! I want it to be special…” Jaejoong remained silent. “Who know’s maybe this house will be the one!”, you exclaim exasperatedly.

“Let’s hope so…”, Jaejoong muttered under his breath.

You flash him a look before turning to look out the window sulkily. This isn’t how I expected it to go…I guess everything can’t be done as easily as the cake was, but I really want to find a house today! I don’t have any other time too…After our wedding Jaejoong’s going to be busy with his comeback so he can’t help search for a house and I won’t do it without him. Then when he gets free, it’s my turn to be busy…Should I skip another year? No, don’t even think that! If you take this year off you know very well you aren’t going back and you will not just depend on Jaejoong, no matter how much you love him you still need to be independent. You let out a sigh. Well, if not today then sometime in the future… Just as you thought that, you guys turned into a secluded stone driveway, stopping in front of a gate. You watch as your agent got out of his car and punched in the code to open them. Well, this is a promising start, privacy and a way to keep out fans! The gates opened and you saw that the driveway wasn’t too long, but the house did rest on a slight hill. The picture on the listings didn’t do it justice. The house wasn’t made out of traditional bricks, rather it was cement painted a creamy white and accented with red bricks. It was two storied and had a garage attached so that you could enter the house through the garage. Those were all somewhat standard features, but what you really loved about the house was that most of it was glass. You’d always wanted a glass house and this house seemed to be the answer to that dream.

You turn to Jaejoong excitedly. “So far so good?”

Jaejoong nodded slowly. “The gate’s a really good feature too.”

You laugh at how your thoughts matched. “The red’s also different isn’t it? A very modern feel! I love it!”

The moment the car stopped, you hopped out. You wait as the agent slowly got out of his car, hopping with impatience.

As soon as he was within earshot, you say, “We love it so far, let’s go see the inside!”

“You don’t want me to tell you anything about the house?”, he asked shocked.

You shake your head quickly. “Nope! Just lead the way!”

A small smile alighted on the agent’s face and he quickly led you up the stairs to the door.

You grab Jaejoong’s hand and drag him after you, whispering, “He’s probably glad we aren’t ripping the house apart yet!”

The agent opened the door to a spacious entrance. There was a large closet for coats and shoes and the floor was made up of large creamy porcelain tiles laid diagonally. The hallway floor was made with dark brown wood and all the walls were painted a very light purple. As you walked farther into the house, you saw that to the left was the entrance to the laundry room and the door connected to the garage was there too. To the right, in a small hallway was the bathroom. After that, the house took the idea of open concept to the extreme, there were minimal walls and you could see the kitchen, living room and dining room all in one go. The kitchen was to the far right, then came the dining room then the living room, all very large and comfortable looking. To the left of the living room though there was a wall, it didn’t quite extend all the way so that the room was closed off, rather it left a little space on either end like a makeshift door. This, it turned out, was the office and it had enough space for you and Jaejoong to share the space with your own desks. The only walls not covered by windows were the to the sides of the house, so the office and kitchen walls were not totally windows, but an entire wall of windows covered the back of the house, leading out onto a spacious patio. Since it was dark, you didn’t go out onto it, but you could see that the patio gave way to a large yard. Oh, I can plant the garden that I’ve always dreamed of now too! Plus, Jiji and Vick now have endless space to run around and play in.

“This…”, you whisper awestruck, “Is probably the most beautiful house I have ever seen…”

The agent now grinned openly. “Why don’t I show you the rest of the house?” At your slow nod, he walked to the stairs that were on your right. “If you would just follow me please.”

The stairs had a wall on one side, but was open to the end of the house too past the wrought iron railings. Walking up, you saw that there weren’t just two levels, but rather there was something like a half level which wasn’t too much lower than the main upper floor. Width wise the room was rather short, but length wise, it was the whole length of the upper floor and the ceiling was a bit on the low side, but it didn’t make it seem boxed up. Just as how a guest room should be, there was a bed and a small bathroom attached, but what made this room so appealing was that it was completely surrounded by glass, except for the wall where the bed was backed against.

“You know, I think if we ever let either of our parents stay here, they probably won’t leave.”, you joke with Jaejoong.

“Maybe we shouldn’t invite anyone over then huh?” Jaejoong grinned and you could see that he was loving the house just as much as you were.

Moving on, you moved to the main 2nd level and saw that there were 3 bedrooms on the floor. One of the rooms was above the stairs, the other ended just a bit right to exactly half of the landing, therefore making sure that the master bedroom was grand.

Opening the middle room, the agent ushered you in. “Both the rooms are of this size and share a bathroom.”

Walking in, you saw that though it seemed that the rooms would be on the smaller size, they were still quite large, and of course, like every room, there was one wall fully covered in windows.

Turning to Jaejoong, you had a huge smile on your face. “You know, if and when we do decide to start a family, I think these would just be perfect for them!”

Laughing, Jaejoong replied, “I think these would be a bit more than perfect.”

Having looked around, you went to your final stop, the master bedroom. Without a word, the agent opened the door and you were stunned into silence. It was large enough that there was enough space for a small sitting room for just the two of you, along with a fireplace. To your left, you spotted 3 steps and saw the reason for why the guestroom below had a lower ceiling. Up the stairs you went and upon opening the door, you saw a huge bathroom to the left and an enormous walk-in closet.

“Well, looks like we’ll be able to fit all of our clothes in here, winter and summer…”, you weakly laugh as all the details overwhelmed you.

After awhile, you followed the agent back down into the living room where you took a seat.

“So, should we talk about price?”, the agent asked.

You turned to Jaejoong, signalling that he should do the talking. You were too overwhelmed with how perfect the house was for you to speak. I guess my wish for completing this job today came true…I can’t imagine any other house for our first home, it’s just so perfect on so many levels…

You tuned in here and there to the conversation, but you weren’t able to comprehend much so you just sat back trusting that Jaejoong was capable enough to handle everything. After all it was his second time buying a place whereas it was your first. When Jaejoong stood up, you followed suit and when the agent offered his hand, you shook it. Getting into your car, the realization of what had just transpired hit you.

“We…just bought our first house didn’t we?” Jaejoong nodded. “Huh, our first place…”

The ride back to the apartment was silent for the most part. Nearing home, you snapped out of your stupor.

“How much was the place?”

Jaejoong laughed. “I was wondering when you would ask, I was just courting the idea that you didn’t really care about that aspect. Not much really, a bit more expensive than a typical house would have cost, but in my opinion it was still quite reasonable. And you don’t have to worry about anything, I can take care of the cost.”

Nodding, you smiled happily. “I can’t wait to move in! A new life…a new place…it’s like a blank canvas is just waiting for us to colour it with our stories!”

When you reached home, you asked Jaejoong to drop you in the front. You stared up at the building and thought back to the day you first came here and how much your life had changed. Just over a year ago I’d been working for Jae…I was a single student and now I’m engaged to the man of my dreams, ready to start a whole new life with him… Funny how things happen, fate sure has its way of playing out.

An arm slithered around your waist and you turn to hug Jaejoong. “What were you thinking about?”, Jaejoong muttered softly into your hair.

“Nothing really…just back to when I first met you.”

Kissing the top of your head, Jaejoong hugged you tighter.

a long update i hope!!!!and i hoped you guys liked reading!!!!sorry if i rambled on about the house...or it was too cheesy...but thnxies for reading!!!!as always...please leave me feedback!!!!luv you guys!!!!