The Cat's Out Of The Bag

MEOWch

IM SO SORRY!!!!IM SO SORRY!!!IM SO SORRY!!!!please dont hate me!!!!i know its been like a month since ive updated and im sooo uber sorry!!!!ive just been sooo busy...along with exams the amount of projects i had and still have to do...sigh...anyways...to make up for it i wrote an uber long update!!!!its like 4000 words!!!!and i hope its good!!!!its tough writing after having not after so long...my fault so whym i complaining right????i also hope that the tags work...first time ever using them...anywho...enjoy reading!!!!

Since you were all better, and there were still 3 days left until Saturday, you two decided to go ahead and have the engagement party this weekend. Neither of you told your parents that you were engaged, wanting to surprise them on the day. Once everyone had been invited, you two set about fixing the menu to fit both families tastes and since Jaejoong was still bugging you about resting, easier and not time consuming recipes were chosen. Also, you had decided that you would order a cake rather than make one, it would look and taste much better than any creation either you or Jaejoong could make. You two had decided to make agujjim, dak galbi, naengmyeon and kimchi bokkeumbap for the entrée, kimbap and ddeokbokki for the appetizers and saengchae for the salad/appetizer. It was all dry food so that if one of the kids spilled any, it wouldn’t be too hard to clean, plus, it would allow everyone to eat anywhere, which was good seeing as there wasn’t much seating in the penthouse. All of Friday was spent cooking all the dishes and once all the food had been prepared, there was no rest since now the task of making the house spotless was left upon you two. By the time you were done, it was well past midnight and you two were tired to the bone and you fell into bed with aches all over.

“Oh god, that was like…”, Jaejoong groaned out as he stretched himself out. “I wonder how my mother did it for so long alone.”

“I know right. Oh, being a mother is such hard work”, you muttered out, trying to find a comfortable position where you weren’t being stabbed by any pain.

“…You…don’t want to be a mother?”, Jaejoong asked cautiously as he lay down too.

You let out a laugh, “When did I say that? Of course I want to be a mother! It’s something most girls look forward to!”

“But you just said it’s hard work…”, Jaejoong to his side so that you two were face to face.

With a smile still on your face you answered, “Well, of course it is!!!! Didn’t we just prove that today? That doesn’t mean I don’t want kids though! Nothing comes easy in life now does it? It’s hard to be an idol, yet, you’re still one aren’t you?” Jaejoong just nodded in reply, deep in thought. “Do…you want kids?”, you ask hesitantly.

We’ve never really talked about our life past the wedding have we? I really wonder how it’s going to be…does he want kids? What type of life does he want to have? There’s so much we don’t know about each other…

“I do want kids, that’s why I asked you!”

You let out a sigh of relief and just give him a big smile. Oh, that is such a relief! I don’t want to have to think about what would happen if he hadn’t wanted kids…Without saying anything else, the two of you fell asleep, sleeping for a good long time to relieve the exhaustion that had swept the both of you. You woke up late in the morning to find a still sleeping Jaejoong. I’ll let him be and it’s not like there’s much to do anyway. Since you were sore from all the work that was done yesterday, you decided to pamper yourself and have a bubble bath. Once your muscles felt fully relaxed, you got out and went to check on Jaejoong, finding him still deeply asleep. It’s already 1 in the afternoon…I guess I’ll just go have some lunch and then I’ll wake him up. Since the party was going to start in a couple of hours, you didn’t want to ruin your appetite by eating a heavy meal, so you cut up a bunch of fruit, making sure to have enough for Jaejoong to eat too. After eating, you put the fruit back into the fridge and went to your room.

Jumping onto the bed, you shook Jaejoong, “Jae! Time to wake up sleepyhead!” Mumbling, Jaejoong just shook his head and turned away from you. “Oh come on! You have to get ready for the party too!”, you said as you pulled the covers off him, which didn’t have the effect you had hoped it would have had. “Fine then! You can greet our families in your pyjamas then! It doesn’t really matter to me much”, and you got off the bed, waiting for Jaejoong to leap up.

After a minute passed, Jaejoong still hadn’t gotten up. What did he do that was so tiring? We worked the same amount…Ugh, this is getting annoying. You left the room and came back in with a cup in your hand. I don’t want to get the bed wet, that’d just mean more work… Walking over cautiously, you were glad to find that Jaejoong had switched positions once again and was lying on his stomach. Perfect. Your quickly dropped whatever it was in the cup into one hand and with the other hand, you lifted up his shirt just enough to give your other hand enough space to drop the ice cubes you were holding onto his . At the cold, Jaejoong, with a yelp, leaped up wild eyed and you burst out in laughter.

“What was that for?”, Jaejoong shouted as he shook himself to take out the ice cubes, rubbing his back once they were out with his shirt to get the skin warm again.

Shrugging nonchalantly, you replied, “You weren’t waking up and I had to do something. Now come on, the party’s going to start in like 3 hours and as much as you’d like to think otherwise, we actually have things to do.”

After Jaejoong had gotten ready and eaten, the two of you went to pick up the cake and other various desserts that you had decided to get last minute, thinking that the kids would like that. We completely forgot about the kids when planning this party didn’t we? Got to make sure that they eat their fill, be it actual food or junk! Napkins, paper plates and plastic utensils were a must too, though Jaejoong had quite a lot of dishes, you wanted to make sure the kids don’t accidentally break one, therefore all the disposable plates and stuff. By the time you two had come home, there was just enough time for you two to get ready and cook the appetizers. As Jaejoong got ready, you started on making the saengchae, which the two of you had decided to make on the day so that it was still fresh and the same went for the ddeokbokki, though the stock had been made the day before. Being a guy, Jaejoong took very little time to get ready and he was out just as you had finished cutting up everything for the saengchae and the rice cakes, which you had put into the stock to cook, were just about done.

“Just make sure to put the ddeokbokki in the warming drawer after it’s done alright? I’ve already turned it on so you don’t have to worry about it!”, you instructed as you made your way to your room. “Oh, and cut the kimbap too okay?”, you turned at the door, before disappearing in.

What should I wear? You stood inside the huge closet, scrolling through your mental inventory of the clothes you had. Something that’s nice, but not too formal, but not too informal either. So that means no to the dress Jaejoong bought me and to the dress from the anniversary…my summer dresses then? There must be at least one which isn’t too bad… You flipped through your dresses, each one that you landed on had a small problem that you found. Ah! This is so annoying! Why does nothing seem good? Finally you had narrowed down your option to 3 dresses. One was a simple sky blue dress, the other was a mellow yellow with swirls in a darker shade of yellow and the last was a white dress with a lace pattern lining the bottom of the skirt.

Grabbing all 3, you walk out and hold them up for Jaejoong. “Which one will look better?”

Lifting his head, Jaejoong looked at the 3 dresses briefly before saying, “The white one.”

You quickly got dressed, seeing as how you only had about an hour and a half left. As you were curling your hair, the panic started to set in. Oh god, what if my parents don’t want me to marry Jae or something? What will his parents have to say? We have only been with each other for a year, what if they think that’s too short of a time to know each other? What if they are right…is it too short? You put the curler down for a brief second, the worry paralyzing you for a moment. A picture of Jaejoong flashed in your mind, his smiling face the only thing you could see behind your closed lids. Shaking your head slightly, you resumed curling your hair. No, whatever happens this is right, I can feel it and so can Jae and that’s all that counts. You put on your make up and with one last check in the mirror, you walk out. In the time you were gone, Jaejoong had finished with the appetizers and was just now putting drinks onto the counter, ready to be served when our guests finally came. Your heart fluttering a little at the excitement, you walk over to the counter and take a seat at the barstool.

“You look pretty. You’ve never curled your hair before have you?” Jaejoong asked, leaning back against the other counter, arms crossed.

“Of course I have! My birthday, our anniversary!”

“I meant by yourself”, Jaejoong continued staring at you and soon it became too much for you to handle, so you lowered your eyes. “You should curl it more often, it looks really good.”

You just nod, fiddling with your fingers. “Looks like you’ve got everything under control huh? Everything’s already done, I’ve got nothing left to do! I bet you held a lot of parties before.”

“Yeah, this place was always filled…with the members.”

Once again, you nodded your head, the anxiety and excitement making an awkward bubble around the two of you. Letting out a huge sigh, you ask, “Do you think Min Kyung told them about the ring?”

“I actually have no idea. It’s really hard for her to keep a secret, but she can when it’s something important. She did keep your birthday a surprise after all, so, maybe. But why are you asking?”

“I don’t know, to make conversation?” Jaejoong’s look told you that he didn’t believe you. “Okay fine, it’s because I don’t know what our parents will think and I’m worried about that.”

Coming around, Jaejoong sat beside you and covered your twiddling hands with his. “Don’t worry about it okay? It’s just you and me and everyone else is just extra. It’s what you and I think that matters, if you’re having any doubts or anything just talk to me about it, we’ll figure it out ourselves. So…are you having any doubts”

You give him a hesitant smile. “I’m not having doubts, you don’t have to worry about that.” You let out another sigh, but this time to expel your worries. Your eyes land on the coffee clock that was on the windowsill and saw that it was almost 6. “Alright then, they should be here any minute now.” You quickly get up and start to smooth the skirt of your dress.

Jaejoong grabbed your shoulders, stopping you and looked you right in the eye. “I love you okay? You’re my world now and don’t forget that”, he said slowly and quietly, his eyes not moving from yours and you give him a slow nod. He leaned down and gave you a small peck on your lips, the serious air from moments before disappearing with his smiling eyes.

At that moment, the bell rang and the calm vanished, instead replaced by the ever present nervousness. Smoothing your skirt one last time, you follow Jaejoong to the door. When the door was opened and you saw your family, you let out a small sigh of relief. Well, I’m glad it’s my parents first…I think I can handle them. After the ritualistic hugs and greetings, you ushered your family into the living room, giving them each a drink. Finally you were able to take a peek into the baby carrier that Nancy was carrying. Upon seeing the sleeping baby’s face, you motioned Nancy to follow you.

“Here, you can put Nana into our room, this way she can sleep in peace while we talk outside.” Nancy gave you a thankful smile and the two of you rejoined the group while talking about Nana.

Your mother pulled you into the seat next to her, clasping your hand. “So dear, when are your in-laws going to be here? It’s a shame you haven’t invited us all to meet up before, but I guess this is as good a reason as any isn’t it?”

You couldn’t form any words as what your mother said sunk into you. Eyes wide, you gave her a questioning look. How did she know I’m engaged? Is this one of those many motherly instinct things?

Your mother gave a laugh and patted your hand, before lifting it up for you to see the ring that had made its home comfortably on your finger. “Did you really think I could miss this? Especially when it’s so eye catching?”

You stick your tongue out a bit. “I was hoping you wouldn’t! Now the surprise is ruined! Maybe I should have taken the ring off before you came, that would have helped.”

“No! You never take off your ring and if you do, only if you have to and there’s no other way! It’s bad luck.”

Blinking, you nod slowly, “I’ll keep that in mind then.” I’ll make sure to tell Jaejoong too, don’t want any bad luck plaguing us or anything…

It was already reaching 7 and finally Jaejoong’s family arrived complaining about the bad traffic on the way over, raising the level of the noise in your house from quiet conversation into a cacophony of overlapping voices. This is what I love about his family, they just fill up a room with their presence. The nieces and nephews who had come along ran ahead of you, only to come to a stop when they saw your family.

You walked over and leaned down, “Hey you guys! Remember me?” When they nodded, you continued, “Well, over there is my family! Let’s go say hi?”

You introduced the kids and in a minute they were out on the terrace playing. When the adults had finally made their way into the living room, before any introductions could be made, Jaejoong’s mother enveloped you in a huge hug. After she let go of you, you saw that there were tears in her eyes.

“Eomeoni, is everything okay?”, you ask worriedly.

“Oh nothing dear, it’s just that I’m so glad that you’ll be joining our family.”

“…How did you know eomeoni?” Again? Is nothing a surprise anymore?

“Did you really think that Min Kyung could hold something this big from us for 5 months? Though, she should be given some credit seeing as she didn’t say a word for 3 months.”

“5 months?”

Here, Jaejoong’s mother turned to look at your mother and shook her head. “This is your son-in-law, he takes so long just to gather courage that by the time he’s made up his mind the time has either passed or its inevitable.”

As your mothers started talking about the two of you, you pulled Jaejoong aside, curious about what his mother had said. 5 months? That means that he bought this ring around his birthday…But why so early?

Grimacing, Jaejoong asked, “So I’m guessing you want to know what my mom was talking about huh?” At your nod, he gave you a tight lipped embarrassed smile. “Remember how I panicked when you told me you looked through my stuff?”

“So that’s why you freaked out, thinking that I had found it!”, you said as realization struck you. Jaejoong just gave a nod. “Then, why didn’t you propose earlier?”

“Well, first off, I wanted it to be special and nothing really seemed special enough. And second, well, we weren’t exactly happy at that time, rather we were fighting quite a bit.”

Thinking back to that time, you realized Jaejoong was right. Not that we were even together long enough in the last 5 months… This was when you felt a hand grab onto you and you turn to see your now to be sister-in-law’s smiling face.

“Now what are you doing stealing the spotlight of this party? She’s got to give us details!”, Min Kyung teased, while still dragging you away.

“Wait one second, I’ll just grab the food so everyone can eat while listening then.”

You quickly took out the appetizers from the warming drawer while Jaejoong grabbed the salad and kimbap from the fridge. At the sight of the food, all the children came running in and, after filling their plates, they ran back out once again. As Min Kyung had said, everyone was waiting to here how Jaejoong had popped the question, and though you were suddenly struck with a bout of embarrassment, you managed to give them a detailed account. Oh my god! Saying this out loud makes it seem so cheesy, but it wasn’t anything like that during the proposal! By the time you finished, your face was on fire and you couldn’t make eye contact with anyone. Spying the empty plates on the coffee table, you quickly picked them up, glad for a chance to make a get away, but Min Kyung followed you.

“Wow, who knew my little baby brother could be that romantic? Gosh, now I wish my hubbie had did something like that.” Min Kyung quickly looked up from the dishes to shoot her husband a dirty look.

Glad that the awkwardness had now disappeared, you laughed. “Why? How’d he do it then?”

“He took me out to dinner and just placed the box in front of me, just randomly like that, no special day or anything either.” Taking the plates from you, she put them into the dishwasher. “No imagination whatsoever, he should ask Joongie for help next time.”

Jaejoong’s POV

While those two were gone, everyone started talking about the proposal. Oh god, that sounded like the cheesiest thing ever! Why didn’t my members warn me!

“Good going Jae, just great”, Min Kyung’s husband said.

All the women laughed and one of his sister’s said, “Yup! We expect nothing less now!”

Your POV

The larger group had just finished laughing when you and Min Kyung came back. “What’s so funny?”

Min Kyung’s husband spoke up. “Well, it was mostly the girls, but it was about how us guys of the family are going to have to work harder for any special occasion now.”

Sitting down next to her husband, Min Kyung gave him a pat. “Good thing you know that”, and the laughter started up again.

After talking for a bit, with you leaving occasionally to heat up the dinner, you managed to pass two hours. When it was ten, you finally called everyone to dinner and as everyone ate, the conversation lessened, though it was still there. Nancy went to check up on Nana and surprisingly, she was still asleep which was a rare, but good thing. When dinner was over and dessert was served, everyone once again relaxed, the conversation slowly turning to your wedding.

“So dear, when did the two of you plan to hold your wedding? You know you have to start planning as soon as possible right? Weddings are such a huge and complicated thing and if you keep it to the last minute you won’t be able to get much done!”

You said, “Well, I was thinking July would be good!”, while, at the same time, Jaejoong said, “It would be good if it were in September.”

The two of you turned to look at each other, confused by the other. What’s he saying? He knows that I plan to go to school again starting September! I already registered!

Jaejoong’s POV

July? But I told her that we’re planning to release a mini-album in July!…Didn’t I?…I’m sure I did…I think…But that’s beside the point, I can’t do July!

Your POV

Jaejoong’s mother just brushed it off. “It’s alright kids, you still have plenty of time to set a date, but that’s not all that goes into weddings! We have to get your dress ____, decide on cards, the cake, food, napkins, décor and the list just keeps going on!”

Your mother leaped in. “And don’t feel overwhelmed dear, we’re hear for you, we’ll help you every step of the way.”

Min Kyung added, “Yup, and some of us already have the experience! Oh, don’t you just think this will be fun? I can’t wait!”

The ladies all started talking at once while the guys sat back and enjoyed their cake, having no part in the wedding planning at all. Sure, fun…once we get this date mess sorted out…But push this out of your mind now ____, you’ll talk to Jae about it later so for now enjoy the company! Once the wedding talk had started, the men slowly got up and went to Jaejoong’s office while the women made themselves comfortable and became immersed in the talk. Once the children started coming in to complain that they were sleepy, only then did the party start to break up and people started to leave. Nancy and Homin were the first to leave because Nana had woken up and it was better if they put her back to bed in her crib at home, it would save them the grief of worrying about her waking up again. Your’s and Jaejoong’s parents were the last to leave.

“I’m so glad that we’ll finally officially be a family now, it’s what I’ve been waiting for since the first day Joongie introduced you to us”, Jaejoong’s mother said, giving you a hug before leaving.

Once you said goodbye to them, you turned to your parents and saw that your mom had tears in her eyes. “Mom, why are you crying?”

“Oh, it’s nothing dear, it’s just that…the thought of you…” and your mother broke down, letting the tears fall freely while enveloping you in a hug.

When you saw your mother’s tears, you also started to cry, giving her a tight hug in return. “Oh mom, I’ll always be here, you know that right?”

“It’s not that, it’s just the thought that you’re all grown up now!”, your mother pulled back and stared up lovingly into your face.

“I’ll always be your baby mom! Forever and ever!”

Still teary eyed, Jaejoong said his goodbyes and finally did your parents leave. Wiping your tears though, you turn to face Jaejoong, a serious look in your eyes.

“We have to talk.”

“I know, but let’s leave it to tomorrow okay? It’s been a long day and we still have to clean up.”, Jaejoong ran his hand through his head, releasing a sigh.

You nod silently and the two of you get to work. After cleaning up, both of you separated, one going into one washroom and the other into the guest one, wanting to get into bed as soon as possible. As you lay in bed, you were unable to fall asleep immediately, despite the fact that you were dead tired. Letting out a sigh, you close your eyes, waiting for sleep to take you. I sense another fight…Great…

btw...realized i forgot to post a pic of the ring before...so here it is!!!!

http://static.myjewelrybox.com/media/products/7584/08JP50120CSAW_lps.jpg

sooo...how was it????liked it????hope it was good!!!!please please please comment and let me know what you think!!!!and again...IM SO UBER SORRY!!!!