Unwrapping Happiness

MEOWch

IM SOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!!!...but ive been coming home past 6 like every day last week...and the long weekend i had to catch up on some much needed sleep...then i had to catch up on homework...and then my internet went down...oh the misfortunes!!!!IM SOOO SORRY FOR THIS BEING SHORT TOO!!!!...but i felt like i should update soon...so...i decided to cut it into parts!!!!hopefully ill have at least another chapter up for this weekend!!!!i hope so!!!!anyways...as usual...enjoy!!!!

May 16th finally came and you woke up with excitement coursing through your veins. I can’t believe it’s already been a year! Who knew we would have lasted this long? A year! Hmm…I wonder if he’ll like my gift? You turn onto your side and stare at the still sleeping Jaejoong. How can he still be sleeping on a day like this? I was barely able to get some shut eye yesterday… You watched as Jaejoong’s strange sleeping habit kicked in and his serene face transformed into a twisted funny face. I think I’ll go grab his presents so they’re the first thing he sees when he wakes up. You slowly lift up the covers and roll out of the bed, careful not to make too much noise and tiptoe to your old room where you had stashed them. Grabbing the case and the box you rush back, and in your excitement, forgot all about the sleeping Jaejoong and launched onto the bed, jostling him awake.

“Hmm…huh…what?” Jaejoong jumped up, his hands coming up in fists.

“Oh, oops! Sorry Jae!”

At your apology, he fell back down and immediately went back to sleep again. You stare at him wordlessly. Really? He already woke up, why can’t he wake up for good? Should I wake him up then? But without you so much as moving, Jaejoong rose once again by himself.

“I can feel you boring holes into my back with that stare, I can’t sleep.” He let out a huge yawn, before leaning against the head board with closed eyes.

Launching yourself at him to envelop him in a hug, you shout, “Happy Anniversary Jae!”

“It’s our anniversary today?”, Jaejoong stared at you blankly.

You scramble off him and give him the ‘are you serious?’ look. Laughing, he pulled you back, settling you on his lap.

“Do you really think I would have forgotten?” He gave you a kiss.

“You had better not have! I’d have killed you!”, you give him a light punch on his chest.

Finally Jaejoong spotted the two items lying on the bed, which he grabbed after pushing you off him gently. Before he unwrapped the little box, you snatched it away and shook your head, pointing at the huge box. Eek! He’s finally opening them! Ah! Why am I so nervous? You sit watching as Jaejoong carefully peeled the wrapping paper off the guitar, wringing your hands. Finally when the wrapping paper was all off, he opened the cardboard box the guitar was sealed in and there, nestled on top of a guitar case was the ebony guitar, the white of the pick guard letting out a glow. You peek at Jaejoong’s face and see nothing, you couldn’t tell what he was feeling at the sight of your gift. Oh my god! He doesn’t like it! He turned the guitar around, finally spotting the plaque.

“Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite”, Jaejoong whispered aloud, a small smile finally alighting on his face.

Disappointed at his reaction, you ask in a quiet voice, “Don’t you like it?”

“It’s not that I don’t love it!”, Jaejoong quickly reassured you, finally noticing your disappointment, “but, what am I to do with it? I can’t play the guitar…”

That was all? That’s all he’s worried about? Oh the relief!

Bouncing closer to him, you take the guitar off his hands and say excitedly, “I was thinking I could teach you! And you could teach me the piano! It’d be like, I don’t know, our weekend project or something! And this will mean we’ll be able to spend more time together too!”

“You play the guitar?”

“Yup!”, your brows furrow as you try to remember whether or not you had played in front of Jaejoong before. “I guess I haven’t played for you yet…huh…Anyways, I thought you knew! You’ve seen the guitar in my room haven’t you?”

“You have a guitar in your room?”, Jaejoong just looked shocked.

“You didn’t see? Well, it is in my closet…untouched for quite some time…I practiced while you were on tour and I think that’s the last time I took it out. Well, now you know! Now time for your other gift!” You toss him the smaller box and watch as he, thankfully, unwrapped the present faster.

“You sure love your boxes don’t you?”, as the wrapping revealed a black box.

“Oh just open it! You know you love the suspense!” You were so close to just taking it off his hands and opening it up for him.

To tease you, he put down the box and reached for the guitar. “I think one gift is enough for now, maybe I’ll open it later in the evening. How about we get started on this baby first?”

Narrowing your eyes, you rip the guitar out of his hands and forcefully shove the box at him. You growled, “Jae, open it.”

Laughing, he did as you ordered and found a silver band. Lifting it out of the box, he saw something engraved on the inside. Rather than having your initials engraved together or something else like that, you had requested for Nine to be engraved on. Ever since that night in the elevator, Nine had become your favourite song and for you, there could be nothing more meaningful than that number. I hope he feels the same attachment as I feel for it…I feel like this represents my love for him more.

“Nine…”, the smile on Jaejoong’s face grew even wider and he immediately tried the ring on, which thankfully slid right in. “How’d you know my size?”

Elated at his positive reaction this time, you give him a huge smile while shrugging your shoulders a little. “We’ve held hands enough times that I can kind of tell how wide your fingers are, then I just guessed from there! It must have been luck!”

Jaejoong leaned in and gave you a long kiss, pulling back to only rest his forehead against yours. “You didn’t have to do so much you know…You are enough…”

“Well, I guess I know what to get you next time!”, you tease.

“Hey!”, Jaejoong joked back, pretending to look offended.

Jaejoong carefully placed the guitar in its case and laid it on the floor before sweeping the bed clear of wrapping paper. After, you too lay back in bed and without meaning to, fell asleep yet again.

btw...THNXIES BUNCHES for putting up with my inconsistency...anyways...howd you guys like????please comment!!!!