Breakfast With A Side Of Awkward

MEOWch

yay!!!!i managed to write another chapter...but now im wondering if i should have left it for tomorrow...kinda crappy...specially near the end...my sleep deprived brain starting protesting whereas my imaginative side said keep going!!!!and now im blabbering on here...so now im gonna stop...enjoy everyone!!!!

The next day you woke up again, still sleepy, seeing as you only had about 5 hours of sleep. You get ready, this time putting just a bit more care into your clothing, now that you knew who you were working for. Like yesterday, you arrived just a bit early and stand in front of his door. Sighing, you knock on the door and in a second it opens to reveal a messy haired Jaejoong still in his pajamas. He looks like he was still sleeping…

You blink and he blinks back, “Um, hi?”

He let’s you in and you turn to look at him in confusion. Why’s he still not ready? Seeing him in those pjs is making me jealous! I want to be back in bed, snuggled under my warm covers, still off in dreamland. Unbeknownst to you, you pout a little and upon Jaejoong seeing it, he smiles slightly, though he was also puzzled.

“What are you doing here so early?”

“Well, you told me to be here by 7 every day, therefore, here I am!” You said, confused and a bit grumpy.

“Didn’t I tell you to come around 12 today? I’m pretty sure I told you last night driving you home. I’m not that cruel as to make you come in early after leaving so late.” He lets out a little laugh.

You think back to last night and try to think if any such thing was said, but then you remembered that all your concentration had been focused on making sure you didn’t pass out from panic. You mean I could have been sleeping instead? You silently sob in your head.

“Well, I was still sleeping, but now that you’re here…” Jaejoong scratches his head sleeply, at a loss for what to do. “Well, I do have a guest room if you want to crash there? I think I’ll be going back to bed and on top of that, both the kids are still asleep. Unless of course you want to do something else…”

Smiling at the thought of sleeping again, you say, “Well, if you don’t mind, I would love to have a place to crash for a while too!”

He leads you to the guest room and the moment the door shut behind him, you leap into it and snuggle into the covers. Waah! So soft! So warm! So comfy… And you quickly drift to sleep.

You wake up with a huge yawn, your arms stretching themselves to the limit and you blink, a bit startled by the bright light that greeted you. Hmm. That was nice! You push aside the covers and turn to take a look at your watch. What? It’s 1? That can’t be right! I didn’t sleep for that long! Did I? Silently, trying not to make any noise, you creep out of the bedroom, hoping that Jaejoong would have gone by now, but your nose was assaulted with the smell of something delicious cooking and you could here movement coming from the kitchen.

Sniffing down the hallway to the kitchen, you were met with the surprising, but delightful, picture of Jaejoong in front of the stove. He was stirring something in a pot, and guessing from the smell, it was kimchi stew, while he was making some eggs in another pan. There was one pot with its cover closed and you could see rice cooking on the counter next to it.

You quietly walk in and bow, “Good afternoon. You should have woken me up. I’m sorry for disturbing you and taking such a long nap.”

Jaejoong looked up surprised. “Oh, it’s my fault. You would have been sleeping at home otherwise. And why would I want to wake someone who looked so peaceful?” He smiled before returning to his cooking.

You were silently hoping that he had made some for you too because at that moment, you remembered that you had not eaten your breakfast. You stood there awkwardly, before taking a seat on one of the bar stools lined against the counter. You look around, still in awe of his house. Neither of you moved to start up a conversation, so all that was heard was the sizzle of the oil while the eggs cooked.

“So…where are Vick and Jiji?”

“Oh, they’re still in my bedroom, sleeping.” Jaejoong chuckled to himself, before the quiet once again fell around you two.

Not being able to take it, you walk back to the guest room and grab your bag. You walk back to the kitchen and before sitting back, you spot the glass door leading out to the terrace. Seeing the sun, you itched to be sitting in one of the chairs outside, soaking up the rays and the air.

You turn to Jaejoong, “Do you mind me going out onto the terrace?”

Jaejoong barely looked up, but gave you a nod. You skipped over to it and when you walked out, you inhaled the fresh air, before settling yourself down in one of the chairs, taking your textbook and iPod out. I wonder when he’ll leave? This is a bit awkward, plus, if I don’t get something to eat soon, I’m going to die! You sigh before opening up your textbook, bringing your legs up into a more comfortable position and begin studying.

Having lost yourself in the music and your textbook, you don’t hear the door slide open and the footsteps that slowly approach you. What breaks your little bubble is when, out of the corner of your eye, you see an arm holding a plate ladled with food, place it in front of you. Surprised, you look up to see Jaejoong seat himself across you, a plate of his own set down. You hear a bark coming from inside, so you lean your head to look around Jaejoong and you see that both the cat and dog had woken up and were eating their own breakfast.

“I thought you might be hungry, so please, eat up.” Without another word, Jaejoong started to eat.

Surprised, you followed suit. With the first bite, you mouth practically died. Mm! This is heaven! Wah! Who would have thought he was such an amazing cook? You both finished your meal in silence, you had been too busy satisfying your empty stomach to bother trying to start a conversation. You finished first and sat waiting for Jaejoong to finish his. After he was done, you both sat, occasionally looking at each other, but more often than not, avoiding each other’s eyes. Ah! So this is why they say not to start a relationship with your boss! This awkwardness would kill just about anyone! You get up, gathering the plates, but Jaejoong motions you to sit back down.

“I just want to apologize again for yesterday. I’m really sorry. From now on, I’ll make sure that there’s someone who comes over at around 10 so that you can go home.”

“Don’t worry about yesterday. What’s done is done right?” You smile, but can see that Jaejoong was still uncomfortable with what had passed. “Well, that would be nice. Walking home isn’t really all that fun after 12 anyways.”

Jaejoong’s eyebrows furrowed when you said that, but neither said anything else. You grabbed the plates and walked back into the apartment, placing them in the sink. You roll up your sleeves and begin to wash them.

“Oh, please leave them. Someone will come by to clean it up.” Jaejoong said as he closed the glass doors behind him.

“It’s no problem!” You smile brightly, still washing the dishes. “It’s my thank you for making such a wonderful breakfast!”

Jaejoong just smiled, before walking out of the kitchen, and you guessed to his room. Just as you had put the last dish out to dry, Jaejoong walked back out, fully dressed.

“I’ll be leaving now then. I shouldn’t be home too late, so.” Jaejoong said.

“Oh, okay then.” You smile, “Same thing as yesterday I guess?”

Jaejoong just nodded and you smiled back. You walked him out, closing the door behind him. Whew! Finally! I thought he was never going to leave. That sure was awkward! You smiled in relief and just as you began to walk back to the kitchen, the furry body of Vick collided with you, his leash in his mouth and his tail wagging hopefully. You kneel down to his level, ruffling his fur with one hand while taking the leash from his mouth and clipping it to his collar.

“Okay!” You giggle as Vick pushed his nose into your hand, tickling it. “I get the idea! Come on then, let’s go!” You open the door and walk him out. “I wonder where you learned that trick from?”

please comment!!!!and tell me what you think!!!!night everyone!!!!...falls asleep like sleeping beauty...