The Calm Before The Storm

MEOWch

so...i was supposed to upload loads...and was all excited and motivated...but of course...everything had to conspire with me and i lost it all...so now im sorry im updating such a short chap...and its bound to be y too...was crying of frustration writing this...considering it took me forever to write it and forever to even start...so...sigh...anyways...hope you enjoy!!!!

After the party, Jaejoong became rather busy again, though he was supposed to be resting, but it was only for an hour or two everyday. Now even more than ever you didn’t want to remind Jaejoong about your birthday, on top of still needing rest, he was working now too.

While you were lazing around in the apartment waiting for Jaejoong to come home so you could go to the movies, your cell phone rang. “Hello?”

“Sweetie? It’s mom!”, a high pitched, bubbly voice answered.

“Mom?”, you ask confused.

“Yes me sweetie! We just returned and guess who came with us?”

Your parents had gone to the United States to help your older brother with his firstborn about 6 months ago and other than the occasional letters that were mostly filled with pictures, you hadn’t really heard from them.

“Yoonsu? But isn’t Nana still too young to be travelling?” You replied back, excited at the possibility of seeing your niece for the first time.

“The doctor said it was fine for her to travel, we thought it’d be better for them to come back for a visit so we could have a family reunion before Nancy had to return to work.”

“Have you told Homin oppa you’re back?” You quickly rushed to your calendar, trying to figure out a day Jaejoong was free to be able to meet them.

“Not yet, I had to call my baby first of course!”

“Hey mom, what do you think about having this reunion you’re talking about this Wednesday? The 1st?” That was the only day that you knew Jaejoong didn’t have to go anywhere.

“Oh, but we were thinking about having it on your birthday…” You could hear the disappointment in her voice.

For some reason Jaejoong had told you that he was going to be busy that day. He really doesn’t know it’s my birthday that day…He forgot… You snap out of your reverie when your mom called out your name.

“Oh, I want you to meet someone and they’re only free that day.”

“Oh, someone special?” Your mother’s voice perked up. “A boyfriend?”

You laugh, “You’ll find out soon enough. So Wednesday’s good?”

“Yup!” You hear a fait cry in the background. “Oh, I have to go sweetheart, Nana just woke up. I’ll call you later to finalize everything okay? Love you”, and your mother gave you a kiss through the phone before hanging up, you having had just enough time to fit in a bye.

Jaejoong called soon after and you quickly rushed to get ready and during that time, you totally forgot about the conversation you had had with your mother. Since you arrived too late to catch the early showing of the movie, you two decided to have an early dinner and catch the later show. By the time your date had ended, you were exhausted and half asleep.

The next morning, Jaejoong left early and you were once again left to your own thoughts, when, like déjà vu, your cell rang again.

“Sweetie?”

“Mom, hey!” You settle back into the couch, scratching Jiji’s ears.

“I just called to tell you Wednesday’s good to go, we decided to have a picnic, so just be at the park by the Han River by 1 alright?”

Oh, the family reunion! I totally forgot!

You rush to grab a pen and paper and write in huge capitalized letters, FAMILY REUNION WEDNESDAY AT 1 and stick it on the fridge so you wouldn’t forget to tell Jaejoong about it.

“We’ll be there!”

“Bye love.”

“Bye”, and you were once again left to yourself.

I can’t believe I forgot to tell him! Oh, we have to buy presents too! I wonder if Jae will be up for some shopping when he gets home…

You get ready either way, knowing that with or without Jaejoong you will be going shopping. In the middle of getting dressed, Jaejoong called to say he was going to be home in a few minutes and you hurriedly get ready, finishing just in time to hear the click of the door signalling that he was home.

You rush out to greet him, double checking that your purse had your wallet, cell phone and everything else. “Going somewhere?”, Jaejoong asked as he flopped onto the sofa, closing his eyes as he leaned his head back.

You whip your reminder off the fridge and wave it in front of his face. “My parents are back from the States!”

With his eyes closed he asked, “So?”

You sit down next to him and swat at his arm, finally getting him to open his eyes. “So”, you drag out the o, “We’re going to go meet them! Mom’s holding a picnic near Han River on Wednesday!”

“Wednesday? I don’t think I can make it, I have to go to the company to talk about a possible comeback.”

Jaejoong’s POV

Wednesday? That’ll only leave me with 3 days then…

Your POV

“You said you were free.” You glower at him. “I specifically asked it be then, you can’t not come! I already told them I was bringing someone with me!”

“Can’t we reschedule? It just popped up.”

You stand up, truly upset now, hands on your hips. “No! We’ve gone to your parents how many times now? And how many times have I said no, let’s do it another time? Never!”

“But love, I didn’t plan for this.” Jaejoong tried to come up with a viable excuse.

You let out a little laugh, “You’re not weaselling your way out of this Jae. I get your work, I understand sometimes things happen and I adjust, I have and I will continue, but on this, I’m putting my foot down. If I can’t even trust you to make some exceptions with things like this, is it safe to say that work for you is more important that I am?” Let’s see how you answer this Jae!

“How can you even ask that?” Jaejoong shouted back, frustration showing as he ran his hands through his hair. “You know the answer!”

“Oh, so I was right, it is work. That’s good to know Jae, now at least I won’t feel disappointed in you anymore.” You let out a bitter laugh again.

“My god woman! What’s wrong with you?”

“You did not just say that Jae…Me?”, you ask incredulous, “We didn’t get to celebrate our first Christmas and Valentines together because of your concert. We just barely managed to spend your birthday and now even on my birthday you’re going to be working! You couldn’t even remember that!” You didn’t want to bring that up, but Jaejoong had angered you so much it burst out of your mouth without a second thought. I was feeling guilty because he was so tired, but, this is the limit!

“Fine! I’ll go! Happy now?” Jaejoong threw his hands up in the air.

“No, I don’t want you to come anymore, go to your precious work, I’ll just come up with an excuse. Now if you don’t mind, I have to go shopping for gifts for everyone.” You turn to leave, but stop and turn back. “And dare come now, I don’t want to see your face anywhere near the Han River on Wednesday.” You crumple the reminder up and tossed it out of the garbage, leaving with a slam.

Jaejoong’s POV

He let out a sigh when he heard the door slam shut, sinking back down to the couch, his head in his hands. Why do I keep screwing up? I knew I was pushing it from the start, yet, why did I push it? I can’t seem to do anything right…How do I make it up to her? Hmm…I’m going to need help in that case…

Jaejoong reached for his phone, “Hey Junsu? I need your help buddy.”

what do you think????wanted to make the fight last longer cuz i was in the mood for a good fight...but...i couldnt drag it...anyways...please comment!!!!