Pillows And Blankets

MEOWch

first off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY UMMA!!!!wanted to finish today...but...sigh...youll have to make do with updates!!!!and hopefully many today!!!!teehee!!!!anyways...just a note...JIJI IS ACTUALLY A GIRL!!!!...i thought she was a boy...but...it turns out shes not...um...dont think i have anything else to say...so...enjoy reading!!!!

All the guests left around 12, and you and the rest of the family were left with the huge task of cleaning up while feeling dead tired. Eomeoni and abeoji were going to help, but you and Jaejoong’s sisters forced them up, after all, it was their wedding anniversary, they didn’t need to help clean up. After you had safely seen eomeoni up to her room and in her bed, you went back down and began picking up the garbage that was left everywhere. In each room, there were one or two nieces or nephews, fast asleep. Didn’t the girls put them to bed? I’m sure they did… After you had picked up all the garbage, you brought any dishes you found to the kitchen where everyone else was cleaning up or putting the leftovers away.

“Hey, you guys do know that the kids arent in their rooms right?” You rolled up your sleeves and joined Min Kyung by the sink.

“Yeah, they do this all the time. Whenever we put them to bed, they climb right back down insisting that they aren’t tired. 5 minutes later, they’re knocked down anywhere they found space to lie down.” Min Kyung let out a laugh while shaking her head.

It was reaching 1 by the time everything had been done and you helped to bring the children up to put them back to bed in each of the 3 guest rooms Jaejoong’s house held. I guess that’s the good thing having a large family, everything get’s done in no time. You bid goodbye to everyone before walking toward the room Min Kyung had pointed out as Jaejoong’s. Oh, I don’t have anything to change into…or a toothbrush. Thinking that you’ll figure something out sooner or later, you walk into the room. Not wanting to wake Jaejoong up, you leave the door open to let in the hall light and walk toward the windows to open up the curtains to let in the moonlight. When you finally turned back around, you spotted the nightdress that someone had thoughtfully left out for you on the desk in the room. Beside it was a toothbrush too. Grateful, you grab both items and walk to the bathroom Jaejoong had in his room. You quickly brush and change and walk back into the bedroom, taking out the pins that had held your chignon up, shaking out your hair once they were all out. The best feeling after a long day, letting out your hair, my head feels much lighter now. You quickly braid it in the dark and walk to the bed, but you stop abruptly. Wait…Jaejoong’s sleeping here too. You make out the dark lump on the bed that was obviously Jaejoong, a blush creeping up to your face. We’ve never slept in the same room, let alone shared a bed together… You try to think of alternatives, but seeing as how the guest rooms were occupied by the little children, the only solution you could find was the sofa, but it didn’t seem very appealing to you.

I guess one night won’t hurt…

You slowly crawl into the bed, pulling the covers back. You lay on your back and stared up at the dark ceiling. Well, other than some awkwardness…it’s not too bad… You suddenly sit up, too uncomfortable to sleep. Spotting a pillow on the chest in his room, you quickly get up and grab it, before wedging it in between Jaejoong’s sleeping figure and yourself. Just some protection…just in case…not that anything will happen. You turn on your side, facing Jaejoong and you smile. His sleeping face is so peaceful, no worries, nothing. You continue to stare at him, reaching out a finger to touch his cheek. He didn’t stir from his sleep at all, just continued sleeping like a log and you let out a silent laugh. Just like in those dramas, that corny face touching while the other person sleeps.

Suddenly the tiredness vanished from you and you stayed awake, just staring at him. Hmm…I guess Jaejoong’s a pretty peaceful sleeper, he doesn’t move much, he doesn’t make a sound, he doesn’t do anything! The perfect sleeping partner…but…then there’s me. You rolled around until you were facing the ceiling again. I don’t want Jaejoong to wake up and see me all over him, that’d be too embarrassing! Maybe I should move to the couch… You grab a pillow and silently tiptoe out of the room, not wanting to wake anyone up, you left the door wide open. The couch in the family room has a blanket right? Well, for sure there’s a fireplace. As you were walking down, you saw Min Kyung come up, a glass of water in her hands.

“____? Is that you?” Min Kyung asked sleepily.

“Yeah, what’re you doing up?”

“I was thirsty…but, what about you? Why do you have a pillow with you?” All of a sudden Min Kyung awoke from her sleepy state. “Don’t tell me you’re going to sleep on the couch or something weird like that!”

“Um…no…I wasn’t going to sleep on the couch.” You look anywhere but at Min Kyung’s face. “Pshh, whatever gave you that idea?”

“Oh my gosh! You were! Not in this house you don’t.” Min Kyung grabbed your arm and began to walk up the stairs. “Up now, come on. If umma were to find out you were sleeping on the couch, she’d throw a fit! Do you want her to?”

“No.” You meekly follow her back to Jaejoong’s room, the force behind this woman scaring you at times.

“Now in you go. I don’t want to see you anywhere but in this room okay?” With that, Min Kyung turned and went back to her room, muttering to herself, “What? Do they not share a room, but I thought they lived together…Hmm…how cute.”

You quietly entered the room again, hesitatingly making your way back to the bed. You sit on the edge and stare down at your feet. Why did Min Kyung have to come at that moment? I would have been peacefully asleep by now. You sigh and then climb into the bed, pulling the covers up to clutch close to your chin, once again facing Jaejoong. This time though, you were surprised to see that the peaceful expression that had once been there had been replaced by a lips pursed so hard that it looked like someone was pulling on them. You start to giggle at the face Jaejoong had made, covering your mouth when they became too hard to control. How funny is this? I wonder if his face hurts doing this! All of a sudden he started making popping noises with his lips and his face transformed into one of a goldfish’s. Ah! How I wish I had a camera! This is so priceless! Suddenly, as you were enjoying the show Jaejoong’s expressions were putting on for you, sleep hit you hard, one second laughing lively and the next struggling to keep your eyes open while endlessly yawning. You lift up to look at the clock on the night table beside Jaejoong and see that it’s almost 2:30. I should get some sleep… You quickly give Jaejoong a quick peck on the lips before settling yourself into the bed, getting one last laugh at how Jaejoong’s lips had immediately pursed themselves again after your kiss. The two pillows should hold up right? That was the last thing you thought before sleep claimed you.

Jaejoong’s POV

At around 6 in the morning, Jaejoong woke up, taking in the unfamiliar, yet still strangely familiar surroundings. Why am I in my old room? He lay in bed trying to think how he had ended up in his childhood room, when last night came rushing back. Oh, that’s right, we slept over…I wonder where ____ is sleeping? Just as he thought this, he suddenly became aware of the weight that was pressing down on his legs and, as though planned, he felt something whack the side of his face before settling across his chest. What? Surprised, Jaejoong jolted up, turning to take a look at who his sleeping partner was and was met with the sight of you strangling the pillows in a tight grip, and your right leg in his lap, along with your right arm. ____? What’s she doing here? He gently removes your leg and arm from his lap, before shaking you.

“Hey ____, wake up.”

“5 more minutes mommy…”, you mumble.

“What?”

“How many times, 5 times?”

Even more confused than before, Jaejoong shook you harder asking once again what you were saying.

“Jiji no! That food Vick…”

A slow smile spread on Jaejoong’s face. “Are you sleep talking ____?”

“April 4th…”

“April 4th? What’s April 4th?”

“Jae…secret…next year…”

This girl’s exactly like Changmin, except she doesn’t answer you…But what is April 4th? That is next week, but so what? What’s so special about it? And secret? What’s she keeping secret from me?

“Sweetheart, are you awake? What’re you talking about?”

Rather than talking some more, you instead toss about for a bit, kicking Jaejoong along the way, before settling again, little soft snores leaking out. She’s asleep…Well, I’ll ask her when she wakes up then. But what was she doing in here? There was no guest room? Jaejoong climbed out of bed, bending down to even out the blanket, it having somehow fallen half off during the course of the night, and making sure that you were fully covered before walking into the adjoining bathroom.

After having freshened up, Jaejoong decided to let you continue sleeping and made his way down to the kitchen. He saw no one there, heard not even a peep, and after walking and checking each room, he concluded that everyone was still sleeping.

“Guess it was a late night then.” Jaejoong sat on one of the bar stools in the kitchen and drummed the counter with his fingers. “What to do?” After contemplating for awhile, he got up and rummaged around the fridge and cupboards, taking out flour, eggs, kimchi and various other food things. “I guess I’ll make the batter for kimchi pancakes in the meantime, might as well prepare breakfast for them.”

Your POV

You awoke to the noise of feet running up and down the hall and shrieks of joy. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you turn to look over at Jaejoong, but found that his side was empty. He’s already awake? What time is it? You crawl over to the little clock, lifting it close to your face, the sleepiness making it difficult to read the time. You quickly sit up when you see that it’s almost noon. Why didn’t anyone wake me up earlier? You quickly jump out of bed and get ready as fast as was possible.

Once ready, you walked down, still in the nightgown. When you enter the kitchen, you were surprised to find that everyone too was still trying to shake off the sleep. On the counter was a huge bowl of cut fruit with some skewers on the side. You grab a stool by Min Kyung and begin to eat some.

“Did everyone just wake up?”

“Yeah…the kids woke us all up, Jaejoong couldn’t stop them from being loud…” Min Kyung shot a dirty look at him and you just noticed him amongst the mass of people crowded into the kitchen.

He was standing with his back to you, oblivious to the fact that you had woken up, an apron tied around his waist. You see a bowl beside him and a plate filled high with pancakes of some sort. You quietly walk up to him and give him a back hug, surprising him too seeing how he jumped as your arms wrapped around his waist.

“Mmm, that smells good!” You muffle into the space between his shoulder blades.

With one arm, Jaejoong pulled you to the front, giving you a proper hug, while flipping the kimchi pancake that was in the pan behind you. “Morning sleepyhead. Slept well?”

You nod yes before looking up at him with big eyes. “When’ll we get to eat? I’m starving!”

Jaejoong gave you a kiss on the forehead. “In a bit, I’m almost done. Why don’t you get out the plates and set up while waiting?”

You nod and unwrap your arms from around him before expertly moving around the kitchen and getting everything needed to eat. Everyone quickly settled down into their seats, the kids moving to the family room where their table had been set up. Within the next 15 minutes, brunch had been served. The three coffee pots that were necessary to serve the huge family filled to the brim with fresh coffee and the kimchi pancakes still steaming. Without a word everyone dug in, you briefly stopping to give Jaejoong a huge smile and a thumbs up to signal how good the meal was. Since there was no chatter, the meal ended pretty quickly and it was time to clean up. Min Kyung ordered that the girls get some rest while the men cleaned up for once and whoever wasn’t needed moved into the family room. Jaejoong slung his arm around your shoulders and you snuggled in closer.

At this show of affection, Min Kyung cleared , a mischievous look in her eyes. “So had a good night ____?”

Blushing a little at the fact that it was your first night sleeping with Jaejoong, you just nod slightly.

“No awkwardness or anything?”

At this, Jaejoong’s mom jumped in. “Awkwardness? Why would you even say such a thing? Of course they wouldn’t feel awkward about sharing a bed, they do live together!”

Your blush deepened further, knowing exactly what was going to happen next.

“Oh, so you guys do share a room then? But, why were you sneaking downstairs last night then ____?” Min Kyung gave a sly smile.

“Sneaking down? What?” Eomeoni looked at you, her brows furrowing.

“Truth is eomeoni, Jaejoong and I have separate bedrooms, yesterday was the first time we shared a bed. I kind of felt awkward so I was coming down to sleep here, but Min Kyung made me come back up…” You give a shy smile.

“You’ve been living together for almost half a year, and you sleep in separate rooms?”

“I wasn’t very comfortable with the idea…”, you offer as an explanation.

“What are you going to do when you get married then? Continue sleeping in separate rooms? My dear girl, it stops being uncomfortable if you do it often!” Jaejoong’s mother said, her voice raising as she got worked up.

You couldn’t say anything, to embarrassed to and so Jaejoong stepped in. “We’ll see what happens when the time comes, but for now, I respect ____ decision and we’ll wait until she’s ready to. It doesn’t change how we feel about each other.”

“Of course it shouldn’t! Sharing a room is not all there is to a relationship.” His mother exclaimed.

Trying to lighten the mood, Jaejoong jokingly added, “Plus, I don’t think I’m ready to get beaten in my sleep every night too.”, while tossing a smile in your direction.

Suddenly eomeoni’s demeanour changed, “Beaten? You’re getting hit by this sweet girl?”

“Not in that sense umma! I mean, she moves around a lot in her sleep and she really likes to wrap herself around things…” Jaejoong gave a playful smirk.

Your face turned entirely red and seeing at how uncomfortable you were at the topic, Jaejoong kept quiet and soon other things were brought up, your sleeping arrangements forgotten. A little while after, you go up to change, getting ready to finally head home. It was around 5, after having had a little snack in the place of dinner, that you two finally were able to bid farewell and make your way home.

The car was silent for a bit, before Jaejoong broke the silence. “You know, you and Changmin are quite alike, the things you do in your sleep.”

The blush that had finally settled, resurfaced at the comment. Now he knows my sleeping habits! Why couldn’t my body just stay still for one night? Wait, did I say anything too? I hope not… “Well, moving around is better than making funny fishy faces in your sleep.”

This time it was Jaejoong’s turn to turn red and mumble out some type of excuse.

“Were you really that uncomfortable to sleep with me that you would rather have slept on the couch?” Jaejoong asked out of the blue.

Startled, you fumble with your words a bit. “It’s not that it’s something bad, I just, I don’t know. I’ve…I…” Any sort of possible explanation you could give went flying out the window.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to explain to me.” Jaejoong gave you a reassuring smile.

It’s a good thing he’s so considerate, but, maybe I should start getting myself used to the idea of sharing a bed. I mean what eomeoni said was true…what am I going to do when I get married?

Each deep in thought, you reach home after a silent ride. Since both of you were too tired to cook much, you made two packets of ramyun and quickly devoured them, before, once again, bidding good night to each other. Since you weren’t used to sleeping as late as you had slept, sleep claimed you at once and you fell asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow.

Jaejoong’s POV

He watched as she walked into her room, before entering his own. I really want to know this secret she has, what is she not telling me? Should I ask her? He changed and got ready for bed himself. But first, what is on the 4th? I need to figure out what’s happening then seeing as it is just around the corner. Most likely whatever it is will be jotted down in the calendar she keeps…I need to get a look at that. Scooping Jiji into his arms, he slowly left his room and made his way toward yours. He rested his ear against the door to check if you were already asleep or still up and about. Hearing nothing for a good 2 minutes, he quietly opened the door and tiptoed across your room toward your dresser where stood your calendar. Squinting in the darkness, he pressed his face as close as possible to the calendar, trying to make out the words that were written in the square of the 4th of April. When he finally figured out what exactly it was that made that day special, he walked out of your room catatonically. She’s keeping her birthday a secret from me? But why?

again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY UMMA!!!!hope you guys liked the update!!!!please comment!!!!